PDA

View Full Version : Registering with the local Spanish-language forums

Damman
08-17-08, 10:50
Have been trying to register with some of the local forums and keep getting error messages: "email already in use" da, da da. Think it has to do with IPO or basically yankee address? They do not wish for a bunch of Gringos screwing up their forum, can understand that. Has anyone else experienced this problem and is there a way to work around it.

Thanks

Gato Hunter
08-17-08, 11:28
Are you trying to sign up while using a translator?

Damman
08-17-08, 12:57
No translator. Maybe I need an email address with AR.com.ar?

It has me wondering

Lunico
08-17-08, 13:10
Pretty sure that means you've already registered. Check your email history for that forums name, or use the forgot password feature to get back on track.

Hope this helps.

Damman
08-17-08, 13:25
Never have gotten past the registration, submit info and immediately go to error. Email already used by another. One time it said something about not approved "white list." Got to say, from what I have seen, the forums are quite structured and also hilarious. One monger said, "we need to write the girls parent's and congratulate them for such a fine job." That is a classic for me. Think the guy was one happy camper.

Jackson
08-17-08, 16:03
Pretty sure that means you've already registered. Check your email history for that forums name, or use the forgot password feature to get back on track.

Hope this helps.Lunico is correct. I've never had a problem registering with any local Spanish-language forums using my gmail address.

BTW, I specify "Spanish-language forums" because Argentina Private is also a "local forum".

Thanks,

Jackson

Seismo
08-17-08, 21:12
I had a similar problem a few years ago registering for one of the sites.

I got an error message, but it somehow captured my email address.

When I tried again, it recognized my email address and said I was already registered.

I sent an email to the site administrator. He was able to correct the problem easily and sent me back a password and an apology blaming whoever wrote the software.

The two sites that I look at are interesting. Some of the guys are good writers, some are very funny. One of my favorites: I wouldn't touch her with a laser pointer!

Members are not allowed to argue, bicker, or trashtalk each other. This generally means most of what you read is USEFUL INFORMATION.

Reading these boards will also help you improve your Spanish.

Damman
08-18-08, 09:39
Begining to believe my problem was unique.

Wrote the administrator as you suggested.

Thank You