PDA

View Full Version : Sudestada at Gautemala 5602

Member #3320
08-22-08, 02:06
Well, after getting heaps of recommendations from my friends Badman, Smuler & many more, I decided to prepone my visit to Sudestada. This one is famous for giving genuinely spicy dishes. Having a major weakness for spicy food, I could not resist visiting it as soon as possible.

Here is my review:

ARRIVAL TIME / DAY: Thursday evening at 11 pm.

TAXI FARE / LOCATION: Located conveniently at Palermo Hollywood. Taxi fare from Las Canitas was 8 ARS.

FIRST IMPRESSION: Nice, chic place, absolutely crowded with almost no seat empty.

AMBIENCE: Very relaxed, very casual. The place is quite small but still it has a very pleasant feel to it. Everyone was talking loudly.

CROWD: Almost 60% were locals & rest tourists & expats.

MENU: There were 3 menus. One was for food, one for wine & cerveza and one for fruit cocktails. I had a nice look at the menu and I almost wanted to eat everything! The food menu was divided in 4 parts. Non-spicy, spicy, very spicy & extremely spicy. I obviously ignored all the non-spicy dishes! I decided to order steam dumplings (also called Momo in Tibet. FYI, Its basically a Tibetan dish) This was classified as spicy. I also asked for Stir fried rice with chicken & shrimps (typically non-authentic Chinese) This was classified as extremely spicy!

Drink menu was very extensive but I decided to settle for my humble cerveza. There was more than 30 kinds of wine available here.

WAITRESSES: 2 of them, both very sexy looking and very good with English & very polite with a smile on the face all the time. Actually they looked very busy as restaurant was full but it would have been nice to chat with them!

QUALITY OF FOOD: First to arrive were the dumplings. Absolutely fabulous. Great taste, absolutely hot in temperature. Very delicious. Next to arrive was Fried rice served in a Pineapple shell. It was indeed very hot. Absolutely great taste.

QUANTITY OF FOOD: A bit disappointing. Both dishes ordered was just enough for 1 person!

DESERTS: I did not try as I was full but there were some nice deserts available as well.

TOTAL COST: 73 pesos, inclusive of two cervezas minus tip.

So finally it would be, 8 + 8 + 73 + 5 = 92ARS.

WILL I GO THERE AGAIN?

Yes, definitely as menu was v good. However, I could not find the highly recommended Pad Thai in the menu! However, its little on slightly expensive
side. If you compare prices with LEO Thai, which I reviewed a few days before, LEO Thai is slighly cheaper.

However Sudestada is NOT a dedicated thai restaurant. Its a amalgamation of Thai, Indonesian, Tibetan, non-authentic Chinese food. However, the base of all food is spicy!

CONTACT DETAILS:

Tel: 4776-3777

E-mail:standardbuenosaires@yahoo. Com

ENJOY BA