PDA

View Full Version : The wrong side of the tracks

Jes1959
08-29-08, 22:05
I post this here because I haven't seen any other posts that address this. I have been here a week. I am looking for the other side of the tracks. Have you been to mayorista in medellin? Calle de grief? Zona rosa en bogota? Cali anywhere after 8 pm. Las calles de Santiago, RD en el centro at 2 am? Santo Domingo. Anywhere, jaja? Lima, Peru en la victoria or the bars in callao? I am having a good time here. But it seems tame, civilized compared to other venues in la caribe and places I know in South America. Are there venues here that compare?

I have been around long enough to know when there is good steak that is what you eat.

There is plenty of good steak here. I just miss the adventure and wonder if there is any here in this city.

Jes

Joe Vato
08-30-08, 02:04
Depends on what you are looking for at the moment. Yes, BA is more civilized but do not be deceived by the outer shell. In contrast, BA is a safe city but you can find anything that you wish to look for at the moment. If you want a good rave hit Amerika in Palermo. A milonga then check oiut the posts here. What is it that you want then we can direct you to the type of activity that you seek.

Joe Vato

Gato Hunter
08-30-08, 04:42
Maluco Beleza.

I may have misspelled that.

I once opon a time I got some really good cocacola at the bar and got a BBBJ in the corner.

I had a chica take me there. I asked to go to some seedy night places. She took me to a bunch of weird ass bars. I ran into that guy with the cowboy hat and dusters that used to hang out at exedra. He is a weird ass guy at 8 am.

I ended up staying out until 2pm a few nights. Thank god for the cocacola here that made with azucar vs corn syrup.

Ask the chicas.

El Perro
08-30-08, 11:38
I had a chica take me there. I asked to go to some seedy night places. She took me to a bunch of weird ass bars. I ran into that guy with the cowboy hat and dusters that used to hang out at exedra. He is a weird ass guy at 8 am.I wondered where "Zorro" had gotten off to.

Andres
08-30-08, 12:00
I post this here because I haven't seen any other posts that address this. I have been here a week. I am looking for the other side of the tracks. Have you been to mayorista in medellin? Calle de grief? Zona rosa en bogota? Cali anywhere after 8 pm. Las calles de Santiago, RD en el centro at 2 am? Santo Domingo. Anywhere, jaja? Lima, Peru en la victoria or the bars in callao? I am having a good time here. But it seems tame, civilized compared to other venues in la caribe and places I know in South America. Are there venues here that compare?

I have been around long enough to know when there is good steak that is what you eat.

There is plenty of good steak here. I just miss the adventure and wonder if there is any here in this city.

JesI feel you.

There are some off-the-beaten-path venues, but beware:

- Those places are sketchy and can turn dangerous without any notice.

- As in some of the places you mentioned, quality (looks and moods) varies sharply from one day to the next. YMMV.

Some places to visit:

- SW action, Constitución quarter, walking Garay Ave from the 1200s to the 1600s, returning by Pavon St from 1600s to 1200s (or by Brasil St from 1600s to 1200s) Form time to time you will see nice girls, but not that often. Usually half or a third of the price of middle-quality boliches such as Dollys.

- SW action, Once quarter, on Alsina St and Moreno St from 2400s to 2800s. Same as before.

- SW action, Flores quarter, on Bolivia St and Boyacá St between Fray Cayetano Rodriguez St and Carabobo Ave. Used to be a major venue, not sure today. Same applies.

- Harem (Quilmes suburb) and Cats (La Plata) Long ride and going through shankytowns. Not much better than Dollys or Envidia, though, but if you like the action, it's OK.

- Private apartment at West suburbs. Look for the 59 section of classifieds of Clarin newspaper and look for phone numbers starting with 46XX-XXXX (usually west suburbs or west BA city) Then call and ask where they are, of log into a local monger board and find where they are, then visit. Half the price of Dollys and very questionable quality.

- San Miguel suburbs boliches: Imagina, El Japonés, etc. DANGEROUS, close to Route 197 and Panamerican Hwy. Quality varies and it's questionable, prices are 50-75% those of Dollys.

- Yamila boliche at Lanús / Avellaneda, close to Galicia Ave and Pavón / H Yrigoyen Ave. Hard to find, not sure if it's worth the while.

Hope this helps.

If you happen to go there, please report back.

Andres

Jes1959
08-31-08, 14:42
Thanks, everyone for their suggestions. I am mapping some things out. My body clock just can't start partying at 11:00 pm. I am done by then. When I get up at 5 am, I am thinking of coffee.

SW also known as Callejeras in the Spanish forums.

Jes

Gilly
08-31-08, 15:40
I hear you Jes. I get up about a quarter to six M-F and just have not been able to get adjusted to the party time here. I like to get started while the sun is still up and if it's a good night I'll push it well past midnight, but this starting at 00:01 or later is no bueno.

Gato Hunter
08-31-08, 15:44
Go out to dinner at 9, eat. Then do back to your place and take a nap until 2 or 3 am. Then go out.

A big cortado at 2 am helps too. You can get one at newport, and madahos.

Member #3320
08-31-08, 16:10
Go out to dinner at 9, eat. Then do back to your place and take a nap until 2 or 3 am. Then go out.

A big cortado at 2 am helps too. You can get one at newport, and madahos.What is Cortado?

Jes1959
08-31-08, 16:24
This appears to be a cuban coffee. I would surmise the word also has other meanings.

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortado

Jes

Easy Go
08-31-08, 20:44
In BA, a "cortado" is a shot of expresso with hot milk. Smaller with less milk than a cappucino and very little foam. My favorite.

Gato Hunter
08-31-08, 22:31
Its similar to a macchiato at your local stand. No hidden meaning here just lots of caffeine in a small package.

Jes1959
09-02-08, 00:37
I don't need the bullshit. Thanks anyways.

Member #3320
09-02-08, 01:06
Jes,

I remember Presidente beer of DR, its one of the best tasting beers I have ever had in my life! Definitely above all the famous ones.

I think your arguements are quite right, I have personally traveled to almost all the countries of South, Central America & the Caribbean. The people here look quite sad & frustrated, very similar to what I noticed in Santiago de Chile as well, & very different from other countries of South America. The fuck here is very very pure p4p unlike in some other countries where money is never discussed, its just in the background, and its a genuine GFE especially the TLNs.

However, somehow I would rather grow old here than in Medellin or Puerto Plata. I have been to both the cities. P4P is amazing there but somehow, I wouldn't want to spend 20-30 years of my life there. Here, I can!

I have no real reasons to support staying in this city forever but its more to do with other things than P4p scene here.

Cheers

Daddy Rulz
09-02-08, 02:03
My reason is I feel safer here than in the other places in S America I have been to.

It really was different 6 years ago, perhaps the pendulum will swing back.

Then there is this as well, though Flexible Horn would think she's hot.

Hossein Al
09-02-08, 19:00
Like very much grirls in this place. Like very much Argentine. Like very much its people. One of most finest place I ever visited.

You have to understand its way of living before be so critic.

You americans are so critic of all that is not your culture.

Began to be more modest and try understand you are living in a big and diversed world.

Uasalam!

Julio
09-02-08, 20:07
My reason is I feel safer here than in the other places in S America I have been to.Safer of what?

This blog reminds me, at times, the movie BABEL, that group of north american tourists travelling the Moroccan desert, affraid of absolutely everything, that when Brad Pitt's wife gets hurt they almost shit in their pants and without the minimun level of humanity choose to let the couple alone in a small and foreign town, and return as soon as they can to the security of the bus and their SAFE life.

Like very much grirls in this place. Like very much Argentine. Like very much its people. One of most finest place I ever visited.

You have to understand its way of living before be so critic.

Began to be more modest and try understand you are living in a big and diversed world.

Uasalam!Very nice post, Hossein Al. Thank you for your words.

Truly, is a very diversed world, with a lot of diversed cultures. But unfortunately not everybody understands that.

Jes1959
09-02-08, 21:10
You two winners obviously don't have a clue. Argentina needs people just like you to keep it going back into the cesspool it so very well knows. Keep your nose in the air, so you don't step in the dog shit at your feet.

Done here.

Jes

Lalofon
09-02-08, 21:53
You two winners obviously don't have a clue. Argentina needs people just like you to keep it going back into the cesspool it so very well knows. Keep your nose in the air, so you don't step in the dog shit at your feet.

Done here.

JesThe solution is easy if you are so disgusted with Argentina: there are 50 planes a day that leave this country from Ezeiza. Choose any one of them.

No one is going to miss you very much.

Jes1959
09-02-08, 22:01
Thank you for your insight and all the useful information you have provided this forum.

Lalofon
09-02-08, 22:58
Thank you for your insight and all the useful information you have provided this forum.23.50: last plane to Sao Pablo.

Bye.

Daddy Rulz
09-03-08, 04:34
Safer of what?First I'm guessing you mean safer THAN what.

Safer than the markets in Peru, safer than the streets of Cali, safer than the slums of Rio. Safer than the east side of Austin or the south side of Chicago.

You're such a wanker, even when I'm saying something positive about Argentina you find some ludicrous way to attack the people of the EEUU.

I pity you, your insecurity and feelings of inferiority are evident in every post you write, go back to your little PH in Quilmes.

Hossein Al
09-03-08, 17:54

Done here.

JesI do not see the need mister in been so unrespectfull.

You can answer me without insulten me and my people.

I remind you my country is no shit place.

It is an ancient nation 3.000 years older than yours.

And with spiritual values higher than yours, wich is only the rapacious need to make money pushing and insulting each place you put your feet on.

I do not see the need in creating trouble everywhere.

Behave with moderation from now on.

Smuler
09-03-08, 18:12
Hossein Al. I usually do not get involved in these kind of threads.

But did you write this:

"You americans are so critic of all that is not your culture."

I really take offense to this statement by you.

You also wrote this:

"I remind you my country is no shit place."

You sound quite opinionated to me.

As some of the board members know me, I am a nice guy.

I find your attitude poor, and wish you would disappear.

You bring nothing to this forum IMHO.

Goodbye.

Smuler

Flexible Horn
09-03-08, 18:28
Then there is this as well, though Flexible Horn would think she's hot.Daddy, we have shared chicas in the past and if you care to forward me the contact info of your old flame, I may just let loose my 11 inches of Flexible horn!

Ralph76
09-03-08, 18:36
Hossein Al. I usually do not get involved in these kind of threads.

But did you write this:

I really take offense to this statement by you.

You also wrote this:

You sound quite opinionated to me.

As some of the board members know me, I am a nice guy.

I find your attitude poor, and wish you would disappear. You bring nothing to this forum IMHO.

Goodbye.

SmulerSmuler I don't really see an ofense in what Hossein wrote. He wrote: "you Americans are so critic of all that is not your culture", and "I remind you my country is no shit place", in answer to the guy who called his country this way. Tell me where is the offense in that. As long as I see Hossein was only defending himself.

I consider this will be my one and only post in this forum, because I still don't see the need in making trouble as some of you are making when there is no necessity of.

Thank you all.

Exon123
09-03-08, 18:49
Smuler I don't really see an ofense in what Hossein wrote. He wrote: "you Americans are so critic of all that is not your culture", and "I remind you my country is no shit place", in answer to the guy who called his country this way. Tell me where is the offense in that. As long as I see Hossein was only defending himself.

I consider this will be my one and only post in this forum, because I still don't see the need in making trouble as some of you are making when there is no necessity of.

Thank you all.Good Bye.

Exon

Daddy Rulz
09-04-08, 15:06
Daddy, we have shared chicas in the past and if you care to forward me the contact info of your old flame, I may just let loose my 11 inches of Flexible horn!A blow most foul mate, however don't you mean cm's

Dickhead
09-04-08, 15:53
The English don't use the metric system as that requires complex mathematical operations such as multiplying and dividing by ten. That's why England is so great. You can have an 11" dick if the monarch has really short fingers, and you can be 8 feet tall if the monarch has small feet, and Flexible Horn doesn't have to weigh 23 stone if he can just find some heavier rocks than the 14lb ones he's been using.

Julio
09-04-08, 20:20
Even when I'm saying something positive about Argentina you find some ludicrous way to attack the people of the EEUU. No shit.

Now you're going to make me cry.

. Go back to your little PH in Quilmes.So, I guess you're not going to come with me to the next Quilmes Rock Festival? :cool:

Julio
09-04-08, 20:35
Keep your nose in the air, so you don't step in the dog shit at your feet.
I do not see the need mister in been so unrespectfull.

You can answer me without insulten me and my people.To be true; Hossein, the upper insult was not intended to you but to me, and by extension to all argentine people. But I'm used to, and don't care, coming from where they came. I'd wish some AP mongers have enough I. Q. Level (difficult) to speak spanish and read some of the things argentines write about this forum.

It is an ancient nation 3.000 years older than yours.

And with spiritual values higher than yours, wich is only the rapacious need to make money pushing and insulting each place you put your feet on.That's the point, my friend, THAT'S EXACTLY THE POINT.

But I don't see how this Homero Simpson's geriatric kind of mongers could see it even in a thousand years.

I really appreciate your post.