PDA

View Full Version : Home repairmen recommendations

El Alamo
09-15-08, 22:03
I have been held hostage by a group of workers who seem to think that they have found life long employment working on my house. For 9 months they found new ways to avoid doing anything that might be interpretted as progess. I asked them many times in what century they planned to finish the work.

One day I phoned 3 people who had ads in Clarin. The idea was to find somebody to sand and plastificar the floors. One person showed up on time for the interview and had a price 10 to 20% lower than the others.

In one week this person with one helper sanded and put on 3 coats of polyurethane on 4 pisos covering. More than 4000 square feet.

Before the week was over the previous ayundantes from hell (helpers from hell) had quit saying things like no puedo mas and estoy harto con los muchachos nuevos. The helpers from hell obviously saw the handwriting on the wall.

In the next 2 weeks these two workers, sometimes working alone because they have other jobs and sometimes working with a third person, have more or less finished all the plumbing, electrical, wall repairs, painting and carpentry work that would have taken the helpers from hell several decades to complete.

I need these guys for about one more week. Then I will post their phone number on this thread.

Stowe
09-16-08, 00:06
I have been held hostage by a group of workers who seem to think that they have found life long employment working on my house. For 9 months they found new ways to avoid doing anything that might be interpretted as progess. I asked them many times in what century they planned to finish the work.

One day I phoned 3 people who had ads in Clarin. The idea was to find somebody to sand and plastificar the floors. One person showed up on time for the interview and had a price 10 to 20% lower than the others.

In one week this person with one helper sanded and put on 3 coats of polyurethane on 4 pisos covering. More than 4000 square feet.

Before the week was over the previous ayundantes from hell (helpers from hell) had quit saying things like no puedo mas and estoy harto con los muchachos nuevos. The helpers from hell obviously saw the handwriting on the wall.

In the next 2 weeks these two workers, sometimes working alone because they have other jobs and sometimes working with a third person, have more or less finished all the plumbing, electrical, wall repairs, painting and carpentry work that would have taken the helpers from hell several decades to complete.

I need these guys for about one more week. Then I will post their phone number on this thread.That is a great idea. This forum does not have this information and it would be great to have it! Creating a new topic where those living in BA can post contact information for those repairmen who do good work in a reasonable time. I intend to move there in the next year or two and I will need that type of information.

Thanks why suerte.

Stowe