PDA

View Full Version : Endless Phone Card Minutes!

TejanoLibre
10-03-08, 19:28
Just heard the latest!

Some dude from Movistar is selling tricked-out chips that will enable you to talk and or surf forever and for free!

Sends out an altered number. Must be a ¨High - Hat's ¨ or senior Movistar's rep type of perk.

Not an altered number, just a different chip. (wide open)

I sure hate to load my phone every fucking day! Goddamn cards get expensive!

1 time fee of 200.00 Pesos. Worth every centavo if it works and if you use your phone like most people do here!

Must be a Movistar enabled phone though.

Free long distance too!

I'm in.

TL

Seaman
10-04-08, 03:34
Just heard the latest!

Some dude from Movistar is selling tricked-out chips that will enable you to talk and or surf forever and for free!

Sends out an altered number. Must be a ¨High - Hat's ¨ or senior Movistar's rep type of perk.

Not an altered number, just a different chip. (wide open)

I sure hate to load my phone every fucking day! Goddamn cards get expensive!

1 time fee of 200.00 Pesos. Worth every centavo if it works and if you use your phone like most people do here!

Must be a Movistar enabled phone though.

Free long distance too!

I'm in.

TLTJ,

That is a scam. Your minutes are not on your chip but in a database with the provider. The only thing, besides all the stuff you put on it, the SIM (chip) stores is a number. This number combined with your phone's IMEI number is being used to communicate to the network. The network then recognizes you and makes the connection between your phone+SIM and the database.

If you loose your chip you can get another chip for the same number and still have your minutes.

So save those $200 to buy yourself a beer:)