PDA

View Full Version : Bringing cash through Argentine Customs

Jackson
01-01-08, 02:00
Thread Starter.

Summerguy
10-11-08, 02:35
When entering Argentina with more than us $10,000.

Will I have any problems in customs if I declare the amount I'm bringing?

Thomaso276
10-11-08, 11:45
If you do not declare the amount you are bringing and get stopped, they can fine you. I do not think they keep the "overage" for more than 10g. But they can probably hold it until the source of the money is confirmed.

I spoke with a local once who brought in alot of $ for a real estate transaction but did not declare it. He told me about the fine issue and said the whole thing was a pain in the ass. I do not recall how much the fine was but you can search for the webpage for customs in Argentina - may be more info available.

Maybe you could contact Antonio in Miami and ask about it:}

Aqualung
10-11-08, 21:05
If you do not declare the amount you are bringing and get stopped, they can fine you. I do not think they keep the "overage" for more than 10g. But they can probably hold it until the source of the money is confirmed.

I spoke with a local once who brought in alot of $ for a real estate transaction but did not declare it. He told me about the fine issue and said the whole thing was a pain in the ass. I do not recall how much the fine was but you can search for the webpage for customs in argentina - may be more info available.

Maybe you could contact Antonio in Miami and ask about it:}Just make sure Maria Lujan Telpuk isn't on duty!

Thomaso276
10-11-08, 23:29
She is a hottie!

Sinistra
10-12-08, 06:16
I bring over 10k into the country every time I enter and I've never had a problem. Here's some tips:

1. Split your money up. Do not carry a huge wad of $25k. It's big and lumpy and obvious. I usually split mine into $5000 sums.

2. Get secret cash carriers that attach to your body under clothing. I strap one to my leg, put a sock over it and then put my boots over it. I also have one that attaches to my waist and I slide it over around to my butt.

3. Get a carry on bag with secret compartments and in the linings of your carry on.

4. Get a small bottle of some "liquid" that you can roll up some cash into and put it into the small plastic baggy with your other liquids. Opaque pill bottles also work. I had about $8000 in cash in my checked luggage too. I had a bottle of flax seed oil, put the cash into a small plastic baggy, put it into the bottom of the capsules and then put the capsules on top.

I have never even had one of my stashes found, but even if one is, it's under the limit and you're just being careful.

Summerguy
10-12-08, 12:27
Are you fucking kidding me? You must be joking. You have just described everything not to do. If they find one stash, they are certain to look for more. When they find the rest, does everything look fine and dandy? As in legit? I fear not. They can probably confiscate all of it if they want! Btw I asked if I would have problems if I declare the money I bring in. But thank you for making me ROFLMAO
I bring over 10k into the country every time I enter and I've never had a problem. Here's some tips:

1. Split your money up. Do not carry a huge wad of $25k. It's big and lumpy and obvious. I usually split mine into $5000 sums.

2. Get secret cash carriers that attach to your body under clothing. I strap one to my leg, put a sock over it and then put my boots over it. I also have one that attaches to my waist and I slide it over around to my butt.

3. Get a carry on bag with secret compartments and in the linings of your carry on.

4. Get a small bottle of some "liquid" that you can roll up some cash into and put it into the small plastic baggy with your other liquids. Opaque pill bottles also work. I had about $8000 in cash in my checked luggage too. I had a bottle of flax seed oil, put the cash into a small plastic baggy, put it into the bottom of the capsules and then put the capsules on top.

I have never even had one of my stashes found, but even if one is, it's under the limit and you're just being careful.

Monger514
10-12-08, 17:07
I had about $8000 in cash in my checked luggage tooIs this post tongue-in-cheek?

Member #3320
10-12-08, 17:39

I have never even had one of my stashes found, but even if one is, it's under the limit and you're just being careful.I wonder if the forum rules are constrained as to not ban this member for so blatantly advising/suggesting of a high risk criminal activity to members on a public forum, which directly relates to circumventing the law!

Spassmusssein
10-12-08, 18:40
You can get into by any "casa de cambio" you know and you can trust in.

The transfer fee (through their accounts in NY or wherever) is usually 3%.

Today they charge 7% for the crisis and the demand.

If you do not know a casa de cambio you can trust in, forget the idea.

NEVER try it the way, "sini (e)stra" recomended.

The usual fines are half the amount you smuggled, maybe the whole amount or the double amount. Depending if the judge insults you of "lavado de dinero" or "contrabando".

With permission of "banco central" you can transfer any amount directly to your account here in ARG.

As far as I know, they stopped the "retencion" of 30% for strangers for one year.

Summerguy
10-12-08, 18:59
But if I declare the cash on the visa entry form handed to me on my flight before landing. Will I have any problems?

Member #3320
10-12-08, 19:28
But if I declare the cash on the visa entry form handed to me on my flight before landing. Will I have any problems?Summerguy,

You can carry in any amount of cash in Argentina or any other country in the world as long you declare it and are able to prove the source of funds and the purpose of bringing in a high amount (presumably) in a foreign country.

I trust this answers your doubts.

Exon123
10-12-08, 20:42

I have never even had one of my stashes found, but even if one is, it's under the limit and you're just being careful.I don't believe You.

Exon

Daddy Rulz
10-12-08, 21:33
Summerguy,

You can carry in any amount of cash in Argentina or any other country in the world as long you declare it and are able to prove the source of funds and the purpose of bringing in a high amount (presumably) in a foreign country.

Trust this answers your doubts.However, if you tell somebody at customs you have 20,000.00 US money that you are bringing into the country plan on them calling their cousin Raul who will rob you on the way to, or after you have arrived, at wherever you are staying.

I don't know if Sinistra is prevaricating or not but I would sneak it in. I bring 9k in for my buddy that lives there every time I've come since he moved down there and I don't say shit about it at customs.

Gato Hunter
10-12-08, 23:17
If you were really smuggling cash you would do it in 500 euro notes!

Get with the program, its at least 1/6th the space.

Dickhead
10-12-08, 23:39
However, if you tell somebody at customs you have 20,000.00 US money that you are bringing into the country plan on them calling their cousin Raul who will rob you on the way to, or after you have arrived, at wherever you are staying.

I don't know if Sinistra is prevaricating or not but I would sneak it in. I bring 9k in for my buddy that lives there every time I've come since he moved down there and I don't say shit about it at customs.You don't have to say shit about $9k. You do have to say shit about $10,001. However Daddy's post serves as an excellent reminder to never give customs your correct address and to never use a pre-arranged remis.

Daddy Rulz
10-13-08, 00:02
You don't have to say shit about $9k. You do have to say shit about $10,001. However Daddy's post serves as an excellent reminder to never give customs your correct address and to never use a pre-arranged remis.I know I don't have to declare 9000 and that's why he has me bring that much. As many times as I have been through customs at EZE I have never been searched anywhere near as closely as I was clearing security in the States. Personally I believe I could bring 100k in and get away with it. Those guys that got caught with the suitcase had somebody drop a dime on them.