PDA

View Full Version : Open Bar Show - the worst ripoff

Big Nose
10-11-08, 20:15
It has an inviting neon sign of a chica's outline. The name seems to be Open Bar Show.

The place is at 825 Suipacha. Avoid at all costs.

I went in there the day I flew in town so I was real groggy, around mid afternoon.

Two hot young girls were there, and a bartender.

They talked me into going into the little area that was curtained off, for an 80 peso show. This was in addition to a very pricey drink. I paid for both up front.

On the way in I passed by a huge bouncer.

So they took their tops and danced around like they do at a stripper place in california. No touching just looking. Then they said they would get a condom and it would cost 500 pesos.

I was really tired to I decided to leave. They said I couldn't. I had to pay an additional 500 pesos. Keep in mind so far they had only taken their tops off and danced around. All of my clothes were still on.

I told them I didn't want sex or anything else. I told them some day I would come back and then we could do whatever. They (the two girls and the bartender) absolutely insisted that I pay, and they guarded the door with their bodies. Voices were raised.

I got really angry. I am not a violent guy, but when I get really mad, then fight or flight sets in with adrenaline and I go a little crazy. I thought a little bit about going crazy and ripping their eyes out, but the huge bouncer was an obvious problem. Also, I assume the local police are paid off by places like this.

My only choice was to pay them. Damn I was mad.

I hope fate takes care of their very bad karmas.

In the meantime, stay away from this trap.

Zephyr
10-12-08, 06:22
I had a similar problem a few years ago, girls and bouncer insisting I pay for nothing. I told the bouncer to go fuck himself and he could take it out of the girls asses for all I cared. He backed off and let me go, I am not a big man but I think they realize if you stand up to them it may cost more than they stand to gain.

Zephyr

Summerguy
10-12-08, 16:31
I had a problem like this in early February.

I told them to go get the police, and they got out of my way.

Julio
10-12-08, 16:49
I had a similar problem a few years ago, girls and bouncer insisting I pay for nothing. I told the bouncer to go fuck himself and he could take it out of the girls asses for all I cared. He backed off and let me go, I am not a big man but I think they realize if you stand up to them it may cost more than they stand to gain.

Zephyr
I had a problem like this in early February. I told them to go get the police, and they got out of my way.That's best thing to do.

An important part of the spurious agreement they have with the police, I guess, is that there must not be riots inside.

Monger514
10-12-08, 17:05
Big Nose,

I notice you've been on the board for at least a couple of years, I'm curious why you went into this place, or at least why you checked it out alone.

One of the biggest advantages of reading the board is it arms you with the knowledge of all the "safe" places to go.

Plus, of course, there's tons of economic and political wisdom (cough, cough).

M514

Exon123
10-12-08, 17:27
Big Nose, I notice you've been on the board for at least a couple of years, I'm curious why you went into this place, or at least why you checked it out alone.

One of the biggest advantages of reading the board is it arms you with the knowledge of all the "safe" places to go.

Plus, of course, there's tons of economic and political wisdom (cough, cough)

M514Yes indeed,

A Monger should never go into a club "Not" on the recemended list without a "Wingman"

This event is just the reason we have this forum, "Knowledge"

The sad thing is rather than throwing $200 USD down the toliet he could walked directly across the street to Gysell's apartment and been serviced for $200 peso's.

We all live and learn.

Exon

Member #3320
10-12-08, 17:27
Big Nose, I notice you've been on the board for at least a couple of years, I'm curious why you went into this place, or at least why you checked it out alone.

M514Monger 514,

Cheers to you for putting down something so apt, so relevant to the incident.

Whenever I meet Mr Jackson, I always thank him for putting such a great forum which has incredible amount of information, anyone needs to monger in BA. I am absolutely sure that if people read the forum well, most of the time nothing can go wrong. However, sometimes one's luck or one's destiny takes over from one's wisdom and despite all the efforts & all the homework done, one does end up getting conned.

Before my first trip to Argentina, and despite mongering for 16-17 years, I read almost every report on this forum ( except those on Political and Economic wisdom, cough cough!!). It took me one year to prepare myself before I was came here. The advantage was, that when I arrived here, I seemed to know the city (as a monger) so well, despite being my first visit. Wherever I went, it seemed to me as if I have been there before. It is all thanks to this great forum and the wonderful detailed reports of my predecessors.

Anyway,here are two personal examples from me on how this form can help or NOT help.

Example 1: One day I was walking with a couple of other mongers on Suipacha. And they saw a shady looking bar and said 'lets go inside'. I immediately stopped them as I had read about that bar in the forum and was supposed to be a con place. So this is one typical example on how this forum has loads of useful information to avoid cons.

Example 2: One day I picked up a normal looking / sounding chica from La Madeline and got her home. Everything went well, I was on my guard as usual. As usual, I payed her AFTER the sex. As usual, when I came home, I locked my wallet in the safe. As usual, all my documents, valuables were locked in the safe. But as my luck would have it, she managed to steal my cellphone! I was damn upset with myself for letting that happen. A senior monger and a friend had advised me that the first time with a girl should always be in a motel and not in the apartment. I do agree with him but my problem is that I rarely ever repeat. And I love the comfort of my apartment. So I do like getting chicas to the apartment. Another senior monger and friend told me, that one must bring only high class chicas to the apartment. I do agree with him but my problem is that most high class chicas do not povide good quality/fantasy sex in the first session to non-Spanish speaking mongers. So may times, I like to go for 7s instead of 8s or 9s who are working at average Boliches / La Madeline etc.They always seemed to have less attitude and usually provided high quality sex.But then one day I lost the the cellphone to one of them.

So to sum it up, basically this forum has a answer to protect you from any con associated with mongering. However, this forum can not over ride one's luck or one's destiny which does come into play once in a while, come what may!

Big Nose
10-12-08, 19:26

M514Yes of course I am embarased. But I decided to post it so that others will get to know how stupid things like this happen.

I was drawn in because one day I was waiting for Gysell and a real cutie was motioning me in. Like you said its across the street from Gysell. The invitation was very subtle and sexy compared to all the other hawkers in the area. Anyway, for months I kept wondering what goes on in there, until I decided to find out first hand.

BTW, I did do a search on the forum but came up dry.

Also, the referal system down here extends beyond chicas. I went to an air conditioning company that looked OK, in order to get an AC installed. They basically trashed my apartment.

Now I only get refered in contractors. Live and learn.

Monger514
10-12-08, 20:08
I decided to post it so that others will get to know how stupid things like this happen.And that's a good thing you did. I was doing my best not to appear to criticize you, and was only curious why you did this.

Thanks for answering. Hope the rest of your trip goes much better.

Monger514
10-12-08, 20:10
she managed to steal my cellphoneWell, maybe the money you saved on all those transitorio visits more than paid for your cellphone. I hardly ever take them to a transitorio, myself, if that makes you feel any better. Probably a lot of guys violate that "rule", though in principle, it is a good one.

Member #3320
10-12-08, 22:33
Well, maybe the money you saved on all those transitorio visits more than paid for your cellphone. I hardly ever take them to a transitorio, myself, if that makes you feel any better. Probably a lot of guys violate that "rule", though in principle, it is a good one.Yes, going to transitorio is safer, as its compact. All your stuff is in your jeans or jacket and you are always on guard and watching your jeans or jacket.

However in a apartment especially a big one where I was staying, one kind of gets at ease. I could easily hide my cellphone when I enter the house with chica but the cellphone is a like a necessity. You want it close to you all the time. But a thief always knows how to steal, if she has to steal does not matter how careful you are.

However, I dislike transitorios, they give a very cold feeling as to your own apartment or the apartment of the chica. The whole purpose of renting a good expensive apartment in BA is not only to have a comfortable stay but also to roll in the bed a few times with various chicas. So its really not about saving money on Transitirios.