PDA

View Full Version : iTunes / iPod question

StrayLight
11-07-08, 03:25
I ripped all of my CDs onto my Windows XP machines with iTunes. They're in .mp3 format.

Now I'm thinking about buying an iPod, and I was wondering if anyone knows if I can easily transfer the ripped CDs and the iTunes playlists from the Windows machine to the iPod.

I have heard rumors that it can't be done, but I'm hoping to get some authoritative answer from someone who either has done it, or who can verify it cannot be done.

Thanks.

Jamesp
11-07-08, 10:46
Hi,

It is a very easy process to import mp3's into itunes, and then sync with your iPod.

What is NOT easily done is going the other way around: buying music from the apple store and then running those files on a random computer or non ipod music player.

However, that copy protection is easy to get around but a pain in the ass (just burn the music to a cd, and then re-rip as mp3) So Apple has finally started on the path towards unprotected mp3's in the itunes store. In the meantime, I buy a lot of music from amazon. Com, which are all unprotected. (I've never been a big user of the the file sharing networks out there.

QuakHunter
11-07-08, 12:44
I ripped all of my CDs onto my Windows XP machines with iTunes. They're in. Mp3 format.

Now I'm thinking about buying an iPod, and I was wondering if anyone knows if I can easily transfer the ripped CDs and the iTunes playlists from the Windows machine to the iPod.

I have heard rumors that it can't be done, but I'm hoping to get some authoritative answer from someone who either has done it, or who can verify it cannot be done.

Thanks.If the music is ripped from CDs, it is very easy and iTunes does that for you.

If you have. Mp3 format music purchased from diferent online music stores, some of them won't transfer due to digital copyright protection.

This wasn't the case for all of the purchased songs I had and some I purchased on MusicMatch transferred, some did not.

When I talked to an Apple tech he just directed me to buy the same songs from iTunes.

Anyway, did I really need to replace the Barry Manilow song I bought after I pulled a Chica at Orleans named Mandy?

I'm not sure if that was her real name, could I be wrong?

El Perro
07-01-12, 12:48
A question-I received a Bose Companion 20 Multimedia speaker system as a gift. Which Ipod should I buy to hook up? I'm clueless. I'll be using it solely with the Bose system. I will not be jogging with it in my pocket while wearing a headband.

Much thanks!

Wild Walleye
07-02-12, 18:11
A question-I received a Bose Companion 20 Multimedia speaker system as a gift. Which Ipod should I buy to hook up? I'm clueless. I'll be using it solely with the Bose system. I will not be jogging with it in my pocket while wearing a headband.

Much thanks!Dogboy:

Any device with a standard stereo output jack (1/8th inch) should work. You might need a splitter ($3 at radio shack to go from one stereo 1/8th inch jack to two rca (male) plugs, to plug into the Bose. My blackberry has itunes, so I use it with computer speakers. I have an ipod shuffle that I use in my hotel rooms (plug into the flat screen tvs for background music).

Gato Hunter
07-02-12, 18:43
If you need mp3s send me a message I have a large library on my laptop that I will make a copy of if you bring me a portable hard drive or something, it's 12k songs about 70 GB