PDA

View Full Version : Planning a long trip

Bartonsky
11-15-08, 19:47
I have an opportunity to do some extended traveling come the new year. I was curious what you guys thought about planning a trip. I was in BA last year for a short 6 days but loved it.

Should I spend a month in BA and really soke it in or would that get boring? Or should I pick 4 places and spend a few weeks in each city / country. I was also thinking of visiting Brazil, Chile.

My plans are really in the initial stages so I don't even know if I would be traveling with anyone. I would love to meet up with some of you and hang out. Meeting new people and sharing experiences is what its all about in my mind.

BTW this is my first post.

Best.

Barton.

Thanks

Master J
11-15-08, 22:41
Thank you for your post. My best recommendation (Plan A) would be to send me the funding and your hobby and interests and I will report beck to you the results of the trip so you can make a better assessment for your future actions.

For me if I could do what you have available I would spend 2 weeks or so in BA although I have a good lay of the land. I find the women there beautifull. I am also able to blend in here and feel like I am living here as well which I like. Very cool city.

I have been to Rio quite some time ago and I really like the mix of beaches, sin and good food. The saunas there are an interesting add to culture I have not found anywhere else. I did not find absolute beauty there although it has been quite some time since I have been there. Bullets were flying even then when I stayed at the Rio palace. The street was in your face more here and I was approached more as well.

I have been considering taking a trip to Paraguay on my next trip since many of the bangers that I like in BA are from there. The prices seem to be more attractive I just can't get a handle if it is cowboy rodeo time and perhaps not safe.

As far as Lima, Chile I do not have any info but I am sure if we all like South American tang then is should be all good.

If you decide to spend 1 month in BA I am sure you will find someone to tuck you in along the way. Let me know if plan A is possible. Best

El Greco
11-16-08, 00:43
I have an opportunity to do some extended traveling come the new year. I was curious what you guys thought about planning a trip. I was in BA last year for a short 6 days but loved it.

Should I spend a month in BA and really soke it in or would that get boring? Or should I pick 4 places and spend a few weeks in each city / country. I was also thinking of visiting Brazil, Chile.

My plans are really in the initial stages so I don't even know if I would be traveling with anyone. I would love to meet up with some of you and hang out. Meeting new people and sharing experiences is what its all about in my mind.

BTW this is my first post.

Best.

Barton.

ThanksRio de Janeiro is a must together with Buenos Ayres. Now if you can also combine Medellin it would be best IMHO.

Santiago de Chile not much of a mongering destination.

Quito and Lima is good for those young ones that look for many 15 min cheap pops during the day. Quito being smaller city but better IMHO.

From Colombia best place to be IMHO is Medellin. Most probably once you add it in your intinerary Bogota has to be added as well because of Avianca.

Not bad if you take an acetamol daily for the altitude. Many cheap options too and lots of night spots to enjoy and probably score with freebies.

Your choice then depending where you are coming from.

Mis dos centavitos either Colombianos, Argentinos or Brasileirinhos.

Suerte

PS The one and only absolute ten that I ever show in my life was in Parque Lleras in Medellin. Not a working girl and not with me unfortunately.

Bartonsky
11-16-08, 04:08
Thanks a bunch for the feedback. Very helpful. Master J funny plan A. Not sure about that one, haha.

Yeah I feel like I just have to go to Rio. I have heard so much I feel like I would feel bad never seeing it. I am somewhat worried about the crime etc in Rio and Columbia. I really felt safe in BA. I lived in NYC for 6 yrs so I am used to a big city but have read that even experienced mongers get in tight spots sometimes in Rio. How do you think Columbia compares? I have heard great things about the girls there.

Since I may be traveling for a while I won't be able to monger every day (unless I want to come back completely broke) Do you think there are enough things to do during the days in these places to keep me occupied?

Last question, has the inflation made BA more expensive now? I have read that they are experiencing 20% ish inflation. Was curious if you guys are seeing an impact on the restaurant and chica bills?

Thanks again, really appreciate. Hope can meet up with some people along the way.

Bart

El Greco
11-16-08, 10:51
Thanks a bunch for the feedback. Very helpful. Master J funny plan A. Not sure about that one, haha.

Yeah I feel like I just have to go to Rio. I have heard so much I feel like I would feel bad never seeing it. I am somewhat worried about the crime etc in Rio and Columbia. I really felt safe in BA. I lived in NYC for 6 yrs so I am used to a big city but have read that even experienced mongers get in tight spots sometimes in Rio. How do you think Columbia compares? I have heard great things about the girls there.

Since I may be traveling for a while I won't be able to monger every day (unless I want to come back completely broke) Do you think there are enough things to do during the days in these places to keep me occupied?

Last question, has the inflation made BA more expensive now? I have read that they are experiencing 20% ish inflation. Was curious if you guys are seeing an impact on the restaurant and chica bills?

Thanks again, really appreciate. Hope can meet up with some people along the way.

BartOnce in Latin America try to stay on low profile. Don not "flash". Do not wear expensive clothes, watches, chains etc. Also do not flash around with cameras, maps and things like that. Take taxis during the nights and don't go to areas that even locals wouldn't go.

I found Medellin and Bogota to be safe enough. I didn't have any problems there especially staying in Poblado area in Medellin (their Recoleta) and in a safe neighborhood in Bogota.

Same applies to Rio. Stay at Copacabana. Lots of things to do going to the beach being the first one there. You must visit CORCOVADO (Jesus statue) in the morning on a clear day and you must visit PAO DE ACUGAR before sunset.

Ipanema, Leblon, Lagoa, Gavea and Barra da Tijuca are the places to go for freebies but some language skills are neceassary unless you are very charismatic with Brad Pitt looks. Educated garotas do not open their legs that easy there.

Also Lapa area during Friday / Saturday nights. Better with some company there. Too crowded. A must there is the Rio Scenarium on Rua do Lavradio near Praca Tiradentes.
http://www.rioscenarium.com.br/default.aspx

Read Bubba boy's guide to Rio and Sperto's Maps on Rio forum of ISG and you will become an expert in no time.

I found B's A's to be about 30% more expensive than same time last year.

Time to go for my Sunday walk around Defensa+Plaza Dorego and Puerto Madero on a sunny day.

Have fun

Bartonsky
11-16-08, 14:13
Thanks those are real helpful comments. I appreciate. Greco how long are you there in BA or you live there? I plan on going in late Jan. Or Feb. If you are there would love to trade war stories over a cold one.

Bart

David_33
11-16-08, 14:22
If you have mongering in mind for all your destinations, IMHO write off Chile.

El Greco
11-16-08, 20:36
Thanks those are real helpful comments. I appreciate. Greco how long are you there in BA or you live there? I plan on going in late Jan. Or Feb. If you are there would love to trade war stories over a cold one.

BartJanuary I will be in Fortaleza / Brasil. February I plan a tour of central America.

Made some changes on previous post. Correct name is Rio Scenarium not Symposium.

Bartonsky
11-19-08, 13:31
OK thanks for the feedback. I have been reading the forums and there is a wealth of info here. I really hope I get to meet some of the regular posters when I get there next here. I think it would be a lot of fun especially if I end up traveling alone.

I notice there are several posters who have posted thousands of time and are extremely experienced. They seem to be living the dream. I have often thought about just moving to a place like BA for a year just to experience it while I am still young. Are these people just extremely wealthy and in retirement or do they find jobs here in BA? I love to monger as much as the next guy but that would add up pretty quickly without current income.

Thanks.

Bart

Bartonsky
11-28-08, 15:44
Is it worth checking out Mendoza or another part of Argentina or best to stick to BA for the whole time there. I plan to spend about a month here in Feb. March.

Thanks

Bartonsky
11-30-08, 14:22
Trying to decide whether to do a month in BA and 2 weeks in Rio or perhaps the opposite. Is a month in BA too long for a second visit?

Thanks

Esten
11-30-08, 17:16
I wouldn't spend a month in one place - it will start to get boring. Instead I would spend 1 week each in 4 different places (or more) Your last week you could return to your favorite place for another week.

For example:

Week 1 - BA.
Week 2 - 1/2 Cordoba, 1/2 Mendoza.
Week 3 - 1/2 Santiago Chile, 1/2 Lima Peru.
Week 4 - BA.

I would recommend Santiago Chile. The array of mongering options is not as vast as in BA but there is still plenty. There are some very high calibre night clubs (similar to Black and Madahos, perhaps better) but more expensive. Also lots of independants for incall or outcall. The city itself is also very interesting, and safe. I've also heard good things about Lima.

Of course there are some beautiful places further to the south (Bariloche, Patagonia) that may be of interest if you can do without mongering for a few days.

Bartonsky
11-30-08, 18:37
Thanks for the input. I guess my idea was trying to see what it would be like to live there. I have the opportunity to do that now which may not be available in the future. But perhaps your right it may get boring.

Thanks.

Bart

Daddy Rulz
11-30-08, 19:33
I wouldn't spend a month in one place - it will start to get boring. Instead I would spend 1 week each in 4 different places (or more) Your last week you could return to your favorite place for another week.

For example:

Week 1 - BA.

Week 2 - 1/2 Cordoba, 1/2 Mendoza.

Week 3 - 1/2 Santiago Chile, 1/2 Lima Peru.

Week 4 - BA.

I would recommend Santiago Chile. The array of mongering options is not as vast as in BA but there is still plenty. There are some very high calibre night clubs (similar to Black and Madahos, perhaps better) but more expensive. Also lots of independants for incall or outcall. The city itself is also very interesting, and safe. I've also heard good things about Lima.

Of course there are some beautiful places further to the south (Bariloche, Patagonia) that may be of interest if you can do without mongering for a few days.Limas OK but if you go to Peru, you should go to Cuzco and MP. (Machu Pichu not Monger Paridise)

Bartonsky
12-01-08, 00:49
Cool, thx.

Why is Cusco better than Lima? Is there more going on there?

Thx.

Limas OK but if you go to Peru, you should go to Cuzco and MP. (Machu Pichu not Monger Paridise)

BA Luvr
12-07-08, 21:29
Cool, thx.

Why is Cusco better than Lima? Is there more going on there?

Thx.Cuzco is a great place to shop for crafts, and is the jumping off place for Macchu Pichu (the "Lost City" of the Incas) I don't know if you'll get many mongering opportunities in Cuzco, but it would be a shame to visit Peru and not see Macchu Pichu.

Bartonsky
12-08-08, 03:15
I wavered back and forth but finally decided on:

5 days in Medellin.

11 days in BA.

4 days in Santiago.

10 days in Rio.

I hope I can post some great reports. Not til Feb. So I have a lot of time to kill. Gonna try to sharpen my broken Spanish.

Master J
12-08-08, 03:30
Kudos on your itinerary1 Although I have not been to some of your other locations, I think it adds to the mix.

I am interested to hear of your Rio and BA comparisons. The saunas, Help, and the beaches vs the privados, Black, and city activity. Good planning and buen viaje!

Esten
12-08-08, 15:06
Nice looking itinerary!

Be sure to do your research on Rio, I've heard there are more tourist pitfalls and dangers compared with other places. As long as you do your due diligence and take appropriate precautions you should be OK. I am looking to get to Brasil some day but probably looking at Sao Paolo first.

I too hope you will be able to post details on your experiences in these places, and compare with BA.

Good travelling!

Bartonsky
12-09-08, 01:38
Thanks. I get in Feb. 12 so anyone that wants to hang out let me know. I am curious to see how it feels compared to last year.

Bart