PDA

View Full Version : Telecom

Argento
11-26-08, 13:32
Being a bit slack with business here, I have been attending to those non-priority issues that usually keep getting put off. Today I tackled Telecom after 6 months of utter frustration since they had at their own volition, added an automatic telephone answering service on top of my existing in-house equipment. The result was an intermittent ability to ring out and their own service didn't function. Plus no messages. So poor comunications for me and no revenue for them. What you would call a lose / lose situation.

Naturally I tried contacting them by phone (when it was functioning) to rectify the matter. Always put in a queue but never reached. In fact waited for 3 hours on 2 occasions. Next the internet where they have provision to acknowledge your communication and they do. But they never attend to the problem. Personal contact is nigh impossible because they don't publish in the telephone directory, a physical address.

So the usual microcosm of Argentine indifference to clients and to service. Their head office, with security so tight you would think they were the White House rather than a consumer service company, is in Puerto Madero, circa the bottom of Corrientes. Having previously accertained that they didn't attend to clients there, I made bold and refused to leave untill I had access to a physical location where I could sort the issues out, cara a cara. Almost immediately I was given a scrap of photocopied paper, annotated by hand, giving 3 locations with-in Greater Buenos Aires. I couldn't believe what perserverence could achieve. Hours 9-2 daily and the one for the Federal Capital is printed as Las Heras 1502. So with enough time, I bolted there. The address is actually LAS HERAS 2506, next door, but who cares, the holy grail was in sight. I went through a thoroughly meaningless interview with a vacuous young woman who insisted they couldn't be of service and achieved, once again only due to persistence, a numbered ticket to see a 'consultant'. 15 minute wait, a nice young man and the facility was disconnected. Time: less than 1 minute, explanation included.

So once again, the address for TELECOM.

LAS HERAS 2506

Hours 0900 - 1400h.

Be persistent.

Argento

Argento
11-26-08, 16:07
Being a bit slack with business here, I have been attending to those non-priority issues that usually keep getting put off. Today I tackled Telecom after 6 months of utter frustration since they had at their own volition, added an automatic telephone answering service on top of my existing in-house equipment. The result was an intermittent ability to ring out and their own service didn't function. Plus no messages. So poor comunications for me and no revenue for them. What you would call a lose / lose situation.

Naturally I tried contacting them by phone (when it was functioning) to rectify the matter. Always put in a queue but never reached. In fact waited for 3 hours on 2 occasions. Next the internet where they have provision to acknowledge your communication and they do. But they never attend to the problem. Personal contact is nigh impossible because they don't publish in the telephone directory, a physical address.

So the usual microcosm of Argentine indifference to clients and to service. Their head office, with security so tight you would think they were the White House rather than a consumer service company, is in Puerto Madero, circa the bottom of Corrientes. Having previously accertained that they didn't attend to clients there, I made bold and refused to leave untill I had access to a physical location where I could sort the issues out, cara a cara. Almost immediately I was given a scrap of photocopied paper, annotated by hand, giving 3 locations with-in Greater Buenos Aires. I couldn't believe what perserverence could achieve. Hours 9-2 daily and the one for the Federal Capital is printed as Las Heras 1502. So with enough time, I bolted there. The address is actually LAS HERAS 2506, next door, but who cares, the holy grail was in sight. I went through a thoroughly meaningless interview with a vacuous young woman who insisted they couldn't be of service and achieved, once again only due to persistence, a numbered ticket to see a 'consultant'. 15 minute wait, a nice young man and the facility was disconnected. Time: less than 1 minute, explanation included.

So once again, the address for TELECOM.

LAS HERAS 2506

Hours 0900 - 1400h.

Be persistent.

ArgentoOops! Tried to use the phone to contact a mobile. Doesn't work. So while the post above does have some relevancy, I think I had an Exon moment. A little pre-ejaculation dribble in the expectation.

Argento