PDA

View Full Version : Living and/or staying in Chacarita

Meforu 2000
12-23-08, 01:46
Hi all.

I'm going to ba in January, the last week for 3 weeks. I'll be staying in Chacarita, on Federico Lacroze and Corrientes and I was wondering if anyone knows of a private apartmentb in the area if so I would love some info on it like where is it at.

I have read alot about gysells apt, is it close to the monument?

Thanks for your time.

Meforu 2000

Thomaso276
12-23-08, 11:17
I do not think Chacarita is the best neighborhood in BA, be careful out there. Most guys use apartmentsin el Centro.

I rcommend you check out the map section on the first page of the forum to see where you are from downtown, Recoleta, Barrio Norte.

Daddy Rulz
12-23-08, 13:04
Hi all.

I'm going to ba in January, the last week for 3 weeks. I'll be staying in Chacarita, on Federico Lacroze and Corrientes and I was wondering if anyone knows of a private apartmentb in the area if so I would love some info on it like where is it at.

Thanks for your time.

Meforu 2000Sorry Tomaso I hate to disagree but I lived in Colegiales (to the west on Lacroze about 2Ks) and actually like Chacarita. I never felt a presence of danger there, it's a working class barrio with lots of nice little family restaurants. The corner he is talking about is a serious transportation hub, the red line ends there, there are trans to the outer areas and about 10 million collectivos run through it.

There is a cool pool hall there and a cafe who's owner is into photography and has 1000's of cameras hanging in the shop.

As far as privados, you have to go over to Cabildo. Easier to jump on the subte and go downtown. When my folks came to see me they stayed at the Torre which is right there on the corner.

The only place I would avoid would be the Villa just to the north of Lacroze but it's kind of hidden behind a broken down stone wall.

Added bonus is all the young goth chicas that come to hang out at the cemetary. Also Parke Centenario isn't all that far and is full of trim on the weekends.

Argento
12-23-08, 13:13
Hi all.

Thanks for your time.

Meforu 2000Chacarita is a transport interchange with a small rail terminus and being the beginning of Av Corrientes. A million buses. I am sure you won't be staying right there but as in all such hubs, plenty of petty crime.

There are apartments close to Av Cabildo in Lacroze but all low rent and mostly fat chicas from the Dominican Republic. In Av Forest just around the corner at the junction of Av Elcano, Forest and Alvear Thomas there is "Venus", late night only.

Your best bet is in Palermo Hollywood, a short cab ride. Check out World Traveller's list. Better still catch any number of buses down Corrientes and go to Uruguay 343 or 139. Best apartments in town.

Argento

Meforu 2000
12-23-08, 18:38
Hey Daddy Rulz.

Thanks for not trashing Chacarita, but the thing is that I have a apt on the corner of La Croze and Corrientes, just steps from the subte, and yes there are all the bus'es you neet to get from place to the other of the city and the pizza at the El Emperio is something else, its the best. The thing I don't like is to sit on the subte and head down town. I was trying to just see if I could walk out of my apt and jump in something hot close by. But I quess not. And yes I tryed a few places in belgrano but. Like you said Damn not hot and bad attitudes. I could tell you some storys that your dick will hid for a month. Lol.

As to the danger of Chacarita I never felt thretend, and there are alot of cops there too. Thats a plus. I try to get to the apt atleast every 2 months or so. As I live in the states but the good thing is I work for united airlines and I get free air travel and in first class at that, nice job lol.

Thanks for your help guys happy christmas andnew years.

If anyone like to get together for a beer I'll be in town from 1/24/09 to 2/10/09