PDA

View Full Version : DirecTV

Damman
01-23-09, 13:44
Good to hear Thomaso.

My experiences were "old". So I might even change to ARnet myself then since I am also considering changing my CableVision Digital package to a DirecTV package. (Which is cheaper! The only thing keeping me with CableVision was the internet connection.What is the going rate for a Directv subscription? Beyond the teaser rates. All I see is what the discounts are 57% for Plus and a DVR.

Seaman
01-23-09, 13:51
What is the going rate for a Directv subscription? Beyond the teaser rates. All I see is what the discounts are 57% for Plus and a DVR.Complete package, including HD channels, about $300. That includes all the adult channels you like;)

I also asked CableVision what their price was for their "HD" package. (3 channels) The additional price with a receiver from them was. $600! And when asked how many subscribers they had, the answer was that they had a lot of inquiries, but nobody subscribed yet! (Surprise!)

El Queso
01-23-09, 14:05
What is the going rate for a Directv subscription? Beyond the teaser rates. All I see is what the discounts are 57% for Plus and a DVR.My total DirectTV bill is 215 pesos a month. I have the Combo Cine Total for 164 (that's my base package that I chose, which basically has all of the movie and special channels - the highest you can get) adult channels package for 23 and two additional boxes that I have to pay 14 a month for each (total 28 pesos)

I don't have Plus with a DVR (yet) but I will probably get it soon.

The adult packages, if I remember right, are about equivalent to one or more of the sports packages (hey, I'm a lover, not a fighter! Price-wise)

I had to pay 350 pesos each for my extra boxes. I've heard a higher number for the DVR that comes with Plus, although they may discount that for new accounts (not sure how that works)

For roughly U$S 61/ month, I can hardly complain. Two years ago in the States I was paying well over U$S 120 for the same level of service, although having to "buy" the extra boxes and then pay the rent on top of that was something that I didn't have to do in the States.

Still comes out way better. And like the other day, I was watching the Innaguration on both CNN and Fox, in English, while a buddy of mine was forced to watch it on a Spanish language channel on local cable.

I don't have the HD package, though, like Seaman has.

Seaman
01-23-09, 14:27
I don't have the HD package, though, like Seaman has.Ehm, which Seaman likes to get;)

Reading this all I am considering getting the DirecTV asap.:) The cables to the roof for the dish are already there!:)

Do you know if I can get the HD package on one box only? I would like to get the HD only in my living room, not in the bedroom.