PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy carpets

Jackson
02-02-09, 22:08
Greetings everyone,

Does anyone know where in BA I can go to buy carpeting off the roll, aka "carpet remnants"?

I need a 3x3 meter piece of medium grade carpeting, and the boutique stores in Recoleta have been quoting me prices from $1,200 to $2,000 pesos, the prices apparently depending on the time of day, my address, and / or my nationality.

Cocksuckers!

Anyway, given that BA has unofficially designated neighborhoods that specialize in selling electronics, leather, kitchen supplies, jewelry, pussy, fabrics, curtains, and pretty much every other commodity, I'm speculating that somewhere there is a neighborhood where flooring suppliers congregate.

Does anybody know where this is?

Thanks,

Jackson

Aqualung
02-02-09, 23:45
Try Alfombras Argentina

Av Corrientes 3020

4864-2736

They make carpets. Tell them you want "retazos" (pieces).

They may have what you want.

Seaman
02-03-09, 19:44
Not questioning Aqualung's suggestion, but have you checked the yellow pages? Last week I received the latest edition, with about 8 pages of addresses regarding alfombras.

Jackson
02-03-09, 20:04
Not questioning Aqualung's suggestion, but have you checked the yellow pages? Last week I received the latest edition, with about 8 pages of addresses regarding alfombras.Hi Seaman,

In fact, yes, I did check the yellow pages first. I also spent 2 hours methodically walking the streets in the Once wholesale district looking for a carpet store.

Thanks,

Jackson

Thomaso276
02-03-09, 22:40
http://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/alfombras

or deremate.com.ar

Probably same vendors on both sites. The system here is you can ask questions on the offer page. Or you can click buy and then the owner calls or emails you for specifics. No money is sent until the provider is at your home or the product is received. Pretty easy, you have to register as a member.

Daddy Rulz
02-04-09, 12:16
Greetings everyone,

Does anyone know where in BA I can go to buy carpeting off the roll, aka "carpet remnants"?

I need a 3x3 meter piece of medium grade carpeting, and the boutique stores in Recoleta have been quoting me prices from $1,200 to $2,000 pesos, the prices apparently depending on the time of day, my address, and / or my nationality.

Cocksuckers!

Anyway, given that BA has unofficially designated neighborhoods that specialize in selling electronics, leather, kitchen supplies, jewelry, pussy, fabrics, curtains, and pretty much every other commodity, I'm speculating that somewhere there is a neighborhood where flooring suppliers congregate.

Does anybody know where this is?

Thanks,

JacksonHave you tried WMD alley?

Ok I couldn't resist, seriously I would try the EZ. Failing there I'm thinking that there is a flooring store on La Croze somewhere between Cordoba and Cabildo. I know that's a long stretch but I can't be more specific.

I'll send out a few emails to friends and see if there is a "building supply" barrio.