PDA

View Full Version : Single malt Scotch

Soidog
02-06-09, 02:33
Is it readily available or should I bring my own? If it is- pricey or cheap?

Any 'wingman' gathering point. I'm coming in for my first foray for most of March. It sounds like Orleans is ground zero?

El Perro
02-06-09, 09:23
Is it readily available or should I bring my own? If it is- pricey or cheap?

Any 'wingman' gathering point. I'm coming in for my first foray for most of March. It sounds like Orleans is ground zero?There really is no ground zero anymore with Exedra closed. Orleans is not really a socializing place for mongers. It's more about checking out the girls, taking one, or leaving. You might want to hit the Alamo, Madelaines and drop by L'Alliance. I did hear that the Exedra space is due to open in late March. But, one hears alot of things.

Tr Tuga
02-09-09, 14:24
Hi there Soidog.

The better singlemalts are hard to find in Argentina and they are also quite.

Expensive.

I was able to find some Caol Ila 12y and of course some speyside whisky of a regular kind, but they were very expensive. Its much better to bring your own, tax free from the airport. There is also some dead cheap lokally made whisky which I found to be very good for cleaning the windshield of my car but be careful not to spill it on the vipers rubber, it will melt.

Hope this helps you out.

Tr Tuga

Soidog
02-10-09, 04:57
Hey TR,

As I suspected. I'll bring my own. I hear the locally made chicas are quite good though.

Much obliged,

Soidog

Argento
02-10-09, 08:24
Hey TR-

As I suspected. I'll bring my own. I hear the locally made chicas are quite good though.

Much obliged,

SoidogThat's a joke. Most of the rentable pussy in Argentina is made in Paraguay and Dominican Republic with the domestic manufactured pussy constantly in the workshop being fixed for bad attitude and extravagant pricing. After a tune-up, some get improved performance but the faults were at the design level and therefore built-in. These imported models need very little maintainance, faultlessly presented and start first turn of the key.

Argento

Aqualung
02-13-09, 01:07
Single malts are not easy to get here as it seems Argentines haven't acquired a taste for them. Glenfiddich is the most popular. But, myself I don't like it and as far as it goes, hardly do I like any Speyside single malt.

I try to keep a stock of Lagavulin or Bowmore Islay single malts but it is VERY difficult to get them here. The wine store on Cordoba between Suipacha and Esmerald (I think) used to have Laphroaig in stock. But as I say, I usually look for Isley malts and don't bother with any others so they may have some other singles in stock.

As far as prices, I have found them to be cheaper than in the UK (less booze tax) but I can't swear to that.

If you are into blends, then JB, Chivas or the Johnny Walker ranges are universally found. Myself I only go there when nothing else is available. If you do have to do with a tot of blends now and then the Argentine Blender's Pride is as good as many of the cheaper blends that come out of Scotland. After all it's produced here by Seagram the owners of Jameson (Irish whiskey) and Chivas Reagal amongst others.

As to local made girls, they are excellent but the best ones have moved out to European countries or places like Australia where the local product is probably the World's worst both in looks as in attitude.

So you'll find mostly Dominicans or Paraguayan girls working here. And once again, as with single malts, I prefer the Paraguayans over the Dominicans but if you find a good Argentine that still hasn't realized she would make more money elsewhere you have found yourself a gem like a 25 year old Caol Ila - Sit back, relax turn down the lights and enjoy.

Oh, and don't share with anyone. Drink it yourself till you see the bottom of the bottle! :)