PDA

View Full Version : Best Bang for your Buck

Jackjack1
02-11-09, 20:54
To all of you seasoned Mongers, which South American country gives you the most quality mongering for the best price?

Thanks,

Jack

TejanoLibre
02-12-09, 20:38
To all of you seasoned Mongers, which South American country gives you the most quality mongering for the best price?

Thanks,

JackI would think that it has to be Paraguay by a long shot!

Service with a smile!

Then maybe Bolivia and Peru but I don't like to fuck Incas!

TL.

P. S - Bolivian High-End Satisfiers can be pricy.

Not worth the deal.

Jackjack1
02-12-09, 23:29
I would think that it has to be Paraguay by a long shot!

Service with a smile!

TL.

Not worth the deal.Do the Incas kick you in the shins?

Jack

Jackjack1
02-13-09, 01:10
I would think that it has to be Paraguay by a long shot!

Service with a smile!

TL.

Not worth the deal.I even tried Asunción, Paraguay. Perhaps they're off the internet radar?

Jack

Esten
02-13-09, 01:48
Based on a limited combination of experience and reading (IMO only):

I think Colombia could be #1. Argentina, Brazil and Peru tied for #2. Don't have enough info to rank those three in order.

Paraguay has lower prices but not the quality.

Chile has the quality but is expensive. Venezuela also.

TejanoLibre
02-15-09, 12:40

Thanks,

JackI read it as:

¨ Where is the BEST service for the Best price? ¨

Not:

¨Where are the best looking whores? ¨ (in South America)

TL

Aqualung
02-16-09, 05:31
More or less it's like this: Argentine chicas (that is the really good looking one) are in Australia fucking Kangaroos as their women are just fucking awfull!

So, the best looking Paraguayans, Peruvians, Colombians, Dominicans etc etc etc are in Argentina because the economy here is still better than the shithole countries they come from.

Therefore, if you want to fuck a great Paraguayan come to BA and if you want to fuck a great Argentine go to Australia or some places in Spain.

Esten
02-16-09, 14:01
That just made me think of something. I met a chica in BA a few years ago who told me she was moving to Australia with her Australian boyfriend. She worked in a boliche (as a dancer but also would go with guys) and I took her out twice. She was one of the most beautiful women I ever met in BA. I never doubted her story before, but now I wonder if perhaps she went to Australia to work.

I have met some beautiful Paraguayas in BA it is true.

I haven't met too many Colombianas in BA though. I think the best looking Colombianas who travel to work are going to countries like Panama and Chile. Panama is fantastic for hot Colombianas, though expensive.

BadMan
02-16-09, 16:38
Funny,

This story and this girl both sound familiar. Did she work at Madahos by any chance?

Regards,

BM
That just made me think of something. I met a chica in BA a few years ago who told me she was moving to Australia with her Australian boyfriend. She worked in a boliche (as a dancer but also would go with guys) and I took her out twice. She was one of the most beautiful women I ever met in BA. I never doubted her story before, but now I wonder if perhaps she went to Australia to work.

Esten
02-16-09, 18:30
This story and this girl both sound familiar. Did she work at Madahos by any chance?No but close.... next door

BadMan
02-16-09, 18:35
No but close. Next doorMan, these Australian guys are really cleaning up over here.

El Perro
02-16-09, 19:05
Man, these Australian guys are really cleaning up over here.I hit the ISG and did a search on the Australian forum for "argentina" and "argentine". Nada.

MCSE
02-16-09, 19:56
Interesting article on La Nacion today:

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=1100328

Facundo
02-16-09, 21:21

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=1100328See the post by me below, "Argentina Economy", that explains a little of the article.

Daddy Rulz
02-16-09, 21:32

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=1100328I can't believe with you living there MCSE that you have forgotten the #1 rule of Argentine economics. "In order to maintain viability in a falling market, prices must be raised and services reduced." With half the customers they will double the prices. Agressive marketing practices like frequent flier miles, 2 for 1 during happy hour, fiesta specials etc are a WASTE of money.

Jackjack1
02-16-09, 22:36
I can't believe with you living there MCSE that you have forgotten the #1 rule of Argentine economics. "In order to maintain viability in a falling market, prices must be raised and services reduced." With half the customers they will double the prices. Agressive marketing practices like frequent flier miles, 2 for 1 during happy hour, fiesta specials etc are a WASTE of money.You just answered my question in another thread.

Jack

MCSE
02-16-09, 23:34
See the post by me below, "Argentina Economy", that explains a little of the article.Hi Facundo: Sorry! I guess it was a coincidence. I was reading the news just as you did I guess.

MCSE
02-16-09, 23:50
I can't believe with you living there MCSE that you have forgotten the #1 rule of Argentine economics. "In order to maintain viability in a falling market, prices must be raised and services reduced." With half the customers they will double the prices. Agressive marketing practices like frequent flier miles, 2 for 1 during happy hour, fiesta specials etc are a WASTE of money.Well, there is clearely a different concept on the supply-demand and at the end of the article a study published in 2007 on The Economist it's being menctioned: It says that studing supply-demand on prostitution it's one of the "purest" marketshares since has no external intervention, nor subsides, nor political addecuoms. Which makes this subject so much interesting.

By the way, I was reading a report the other day about credit card chargebacks, which it's attached, and you can see the differences on the concept for customer satisfaction beween Europe and the USA, I would say that Argentina sides to Europe and that's one cause for Americans frustration in matters like the "unexplainable" behaviors in supply-demand assumed policies. For example, when some of you guys go to Madaho's, you offer below the going price and you can see the girl going back home with empty hands. That repeats in Real Estate, and repeats on restaurants. Let me tell you this: I've seen a restaurant, desperately reducing prices for their survival, and didn't worked, the restaurant was on baez st and now it's a sushi / japanese restaurant and I'm kind of sure that will not survive. All of these phenomena has an explanation: the whole model it's different. A concept that works in the US may, or may not work in Argentina. Pizza hut didn't worked, Wendy's didn't worked, Domino's pizza was here and didn't worked, Mc Donald's used to have a "Mc Mila" (a milanesa) on the menu. As you wrote: Agressive marketing practices like frequent flier miles, 2 for 1 during happy hour, fiesta specials etc are a WASTE of money.

Daddy Rulz
02-17-09, 11:51
For example, when some of you guys go to Madaho's, you offer below the going price and you can see the girl going back home with empty hands. That repeats in Real Estate, and repeats on restaurants. Let me tell you this: I've seen a restaurant, desperately reducing prices for their survival, and didn't worked, the restaurant was on baez st and now it's a sushi / japanese restaurant and I'm kind of sure that will not survive. All of these phenomena has an explanation: the whole model it's different. A concept that works in the US may, or may not work in Argentina. Pizza hut didn't worked, Wendy's didn't worked, Domino's pizza was here and didn't worked, Mc Donald's used to have a "Mc Mila" (a milanesa) on the menu. As you wrote: Agressive marketing practices like frequent flier miles, 2 for 1 during happy hour, fiesta specials etc are a WASTE of money.Great article thanks. The major difference between real estate, food, and pussy is marginal cost. If you accept an offer below value on a property due to economics you could be accepting an offer below your investment. I used to run restaurants for a long time and the shortest way to the poor house is cutting costs, better to build business. If you're in a highly populated area make some sample trays and take them to big offices with copies of your take out menu. Send a tray of appitizers to half the apartments in a building next to your place blah blah blah. But you still have marginal cost in a restaurant, cost of goods sold. Pussy on the other hand has no marginal cost save the cost of transportation. (Ok make up and shoes as well) The Madaho girl you talk about lost money. I don't judge her for it, it's her pussy to sell. What I was talking about was privado owners, unless all your rooms are full all the time you have a demand problem. Do things to attract business outside of peak hours and your bottom line is healthier. No?

BadMan
02-17-09, 12:21
So in your opinion, because of the global economy, everybody should be cutting prices?

Does this mean I will now ask my lawyer, doctor, and accountant for a " discount " because of the bad economy?

Should they be halving their hourly rates in order to drum up more business?

I think every one wants to pay less, but no one wants to get paid less.

In the end people should worry about their own wallets. It is easy for me to say " lower your prices ", but would I do the same?

Regards,

BM.

BadMan
02-17-09, 12:23
Pussy on the other hand has no marginal costYou're joking right?

Daddy Rulz
02-17-09, 12:36
You're joking right?I'm talking about from the sellers perspective Bad not the buyer.

Daddy Rulz
02-17-09, 12:47
So in your opinion, because of the global economy, everybody should be cutting prices?

Does this mean I will now ask my lawyer, doctor, and accountant for a " discount " because of the bad economy?

Should they be halving their hourly rates in order to drum up more business?

I think every one wants to pay less, but no one wants to get paid less.

In the end people should worry about their own wallets. It is easy for me to say " lower your prices ", but would I do the same?

Regards,

BM.If your lawyer, doctor, or accountant is losing business due to market conditions they can adapt or die no? Privado visitation is down 50% according to this article. You don't ask for a discount simply because "times are tough" but when times are tough then somebody that wants to stay in business had best come up with some creative new ways to bring in new business. Privado specific, 921 used to have a deal where you got two girls for 40 minutes at 120% of the cost of a single girl for an hour, they ran it in the afternoon when trade was slow. Because of this special and my particular fetish 921 got a fair amount of my business. When they stopped this and raised their price 50% for an hour my business went to the Privado on Uruguay. I'm not saying I'm asking for discounts, I'm saying that if business as a whole is down 50% and you want to stay in business raising your prices (as is common in Argentina) isn't a great way to do it.

In your business if suddenly in the next 6 months your occupancy rate fell to 50% or lower wouldn't you do something to adjust to that market condition? Would your answer be to raise prices? Knowing you I suspect you might offer a free day, perhaps figure out some extra personal services you could provide your customers, maybe start throwing in some tango shows or something. But you would recognize the problem and do something to address it besides raising prices, you would first think to add value no?

Again not busting ass, just having a reasoned discussion.

BadMan
02-17-09, 12:58
Me too.

I just find it funny. Because in the end it is true. Everybody wants to pay less, but no one wants to get paid less.

Regards,

BM

Again not busting ass, just having a reasoned discussion.

Daddy Rulz
02-17-09, 13:01
Me too.

I just find it funny. Because in the end it is true. Everybody wants to pay less, but no one wants to get paid less.

Regards,

BM.But in your post you spoke of asking for a discount that's a little different than a merchant running a special to attract business which is what I meant and most likely didn't express well?

BadMan
02-17-09, 13:19
Semantics.

My main point is the same.

I am not saying " discounts " or " specials " are bad.

But those that advocate them, do so for others. My main point was to have the advocates take their own advice.

Regards,

BM

But in your post you spoke of asking for a discount that's a little different than a merchant running a special to attract business which is what I meant and most likely didn't express well?

El Queso
02-17-09, 13:53
As a business man who runs a service-oriented business, I have to say that I'm not understanding why there is an argument here. Daddy Rulz is making good sense.

Fall of demand causes businesses to scramble for what is left of the demand. The most common way to compete is to lower prices to make buying your services more attractive. Obviously, prices can only go so low - even service-based (as opposed to product-based) businesses can only go so low in their prices before rent can't be paid, etc.

Bad Man, I don't understand your arguing from a point of "those that advocate them, do so for others. My main point was to have the advocates take their own advice." It just seems like a a non-argument.

Anyone who wants to keep business and keep up (at least) with their competitors should be cutting costs where they can, probably cutting their rates as well, and hope that that will actually attract some of the remaining business that exists.

I am considering doing the exact same thing to make my services more attractive than my competitors in a time when people can't afford to spend as much.

Of course no one wants to get paid less, but desires and reality often conflict. Those who do not adapt go out of business. Sometimes even those who try to adapt still go out of business.

Looking at how "economics" functions here and talking about how strange it seems that, for example, prices go up to cover lost business instead of some other method of bringing in more business (even, if necessary, at a lower cost) does not seem to be others advocating something that they are unwilling to do for themselves, but rather something that is discussion-worthy for its mysterious concept.

BadMan
02-17-09, 15:28
This is your perception. Sometimes prices go up because demand goes up.

Lowering prices is one strategy, I have already said that. I have also clearly stated " discounts " and " specials " aren't a bad thing.

There are much better ways to increase business. Lowering prices is just easy, and takes little effort or thought.

Also note, you said " lowering costs " and not specifically " lowering prices ".

Two completely different things.

Regards,

BM

Btw, I just got some poon so I'm not so pissy anymore.

for example, prices go up to cover lost business instead of some other method of bringing in more business (even, if necessary, at a lower cost) does not seem to be others advocating something that they are unwilling to do for themselves, but rather something that is discussion-worthy for its mysterious concept.

El Queso
02-17-09, 16:08
This is your perception. Sometimes prices go up because demand goes up.Prices almost always go up when demand goes up (until better ways of delivering the product reduce the cost more than demand, for example)

The issue that should force prices down is the lack of demand, which is what the current situation is under. It's a different story, I think, when you are talking about competition related to breaking into an existing market, versus competition from fall of demand in an existing, established market.

Look at the price of oil as a prime example. That is the same thing that should be happening to just about everything when the demand falls. The price of oil is causing me a problem because one of my biggest clients is very concerned about the price of oil in relation to their profits and are cutting expenses.

There are much better ways to increase business. Lowering prices is just easy, and takes little effort or thought.There is a lot of truth in that in many cases. My comments are related to demand in an existing market, though. When demand has fallen, and profits go low, sometimes the easiest things are the first to be implemented while other things come into play. If you have plenty of cash and a lot of time, you can do a lot of other things. If you don't have a lot of cash (and your clients don't either, any more - even if it was always funny money anyway) or demand is expected to be low for some time to come, prices will fall.

Also note, you said " lowering costs " and not specifically " lowering prices ".

Two completely different things.
Anyone who wants to keep business and keep up (at least) with their competitors should be cutting costs where they can, probably cutting their rates as well.Cutting rates, in a service oriented business, is lowering prices.

Btw, I just got some poon so I'm not so pissy anymore.So when are you going to come visit again? You're avoiding our weekend outings!

BadMan
02-17-09, 17:07
I agree with alot of what you are saying. This is more general commentary.

The problem I have noticed with lowering costs (overhead costs) in a hyper inflationary economy like Argentina, is the costs of doing business and the costs of living continuously go up.

I guess what I meant is that cutting prices is only viable if you can actually cut costs (overhead costs) first. And in the reality that is Argentina, this a very hard thing to do.

I am sure you understand this, having lived and done business here for many years.

Regards,

BM.
So when are you going to come visit again? You're avoiding our weekend outings!We definitely need to set up another asado one of these days. Just say when.

Stan Da Man
02-17-09, 17:13
Everybody wants to pay less, but no one wants to get paid less.That should be the motto for this board. It is the theme that runs through at least 80% of the posts.

The chicas are charging too much; the boliches charge too much; the privados charge too much; the restaurants charge too much; those who let apartments charge too much; the masajistas charge too much; etc. Ad nauseam,

Or, it's the obverse: They all provide poor service in some way, shape or form when compared with what they charge.

BadMan
02-17-09, 17:35
My sentiments exactly.

All the faux concern for " poor argentinos and their wayward practices, why can't they just take my advice and charge me less " is pretty transparent.

Nobody gives a shit if an Argentinian restaurant goes out of business. They only care about getting a cheaper steak while on vacation.

But if you reverse the proposition on them, not one of them would offer their services to you, the board or " visiting Argentinian tourists in the US " at a " discount ".

Let's be honest, everybody here is looking out for Numero #1, nothing more and nothing less. That is why I put little stock in most opinions posted on the board.

Regards,

BM.
That should be the motto for this board. It is the theme that runs through at least 80% of the posts.

The chicas are charging too much; the boliches charge too much; the privados charge too much; the restaurants charge too much; those who let apartments charge too much; the masajistas charge too much; etc. Ad nauseam,

Or, it's the obverse: They all provide poor service in some way, shape or form when compared with what they charge.

Damman
02-17-09, 17:46
Not a lot to do with the price of pussy, but an interesting study of the human condition.

Dan Ariely: classic economic models assume that people act rationally, in their own best interests. Ariely begs to differ. He says we're creatures of impulse, who waste money, underestimate risks and procrastinate. If you are hurting for entertainment:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89233955

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/26/science/26tier.html?_r=1

http://fora.tv/2008/12/13/Dan_Ariely_Tendencies_of_Irrational_Behavior#chapter_01