PDA

View Full Version : Magic

AllIWantIsLove
02-18-09, 21:13
(Jackson, I'd like to suggest a high-level Entertainment thread, probably in the same section as Restaurants and Bars. The kind of entertainment which draws us here requires a lot of money and a lot of energy. We need to know about the kinds of entertainment which are available to us when we are (nearly) out of money and / or energy.

The magic most of us are primarily interested in is when a chica makes our dick disappear between her legs or into her face. But there is that other kind, and I have just learned about two places which have it. Note that I have not been to either place yet, I am just sharing what I know about their existence.

Bar Magico, Carols Calvo 1631 (http://www.animap.com.ar/default.asp?sec=buscar_direccion_mapa&opcion=[ACTION%3dOPCION][PAIS%3dARGENTINA][PROVINCIA%3dCAPITAL%20FEDERAL][CIUDAD%3dCAPITAL%20FEDERAL][LOCALIDAD%3dCAPITAL%20FEDERAL][CALLE1%3dCARLOS%20CALVO][CALLE2%3d][ALTURA%3d1631][POSX%3d-58.389258][POSY%3d-34.620109][ZOOM%3d3][USUARIO%3d1000][USERIP%3d190.246.80.187][LAYERS%3d]%0D&map_rubro=) Here's what I learned from a web search:

Bar Magico
MAGICIAN: Changes monthly.
VENUE: Bar Magico (Carlos Calvo 1631) in Buenos Aires.
SCHEDULE: Fridays and Saturdays at 11pm..
COST: Call for reservation.

From another web hit:
Bar Mágico
Carlos Calvo 1631 - Capital Federal - Argentina
tel: (11) 4304-7212/9336
e-mail: info@barmagico.com.ar
http://www.barmagico.com.ar

Embrujo, Gorriti 5612 (http://www.animap.com.ar/default.asp?sec=buscar_direccion_mapa&opcion=[ACTION %3dOPCION][PAIS %3dARGENTINA][PROVINCIA %3dCAPITAL %20FEDERAL][CIUDAD %3dCAPITAL %20FEDERAL][LOCALIDAD %3dCAPITAL %20FEDERAL][CALLE1%3dGORRITI][CALLE2%3d][ALTURA %3d5612][POSX %3d-58.437315][POSY %3d-34.584871][ZOOM %3d3][USUARIO %3d1000][USERIP %3d190.246.80.187][LAYERS %3d]%0D & map_rubro=)

Here's info from a web hit:

Gorriti 5612 (@ Bonpland); Tel. + (011.54.11) 4776.4502

Hours: W-Su 8pm till everyone clears out.

Price range: $$$

Kids Non-Smoking Handicap Reservations Credit Cards.

From the mock castle walls and false candle chandeliers to images of cards and dice strewn all over the floors, walls and ceiling, this magic bar screams mystery and intrigue. El Embrujo Resto-Bar is the creation of former World Champion Magician (1994) Adrian Guerra who still owns and performs regularly, which is a real treat for anyone who enjoys being baffled and entertained while tucking into tasty food drinks. The small bar & lounge area at the entrance consists of a few white leather couches tinted by surrounding electric blue light and are stamped with the ever popular 'Speed Unlimited' energy drink logo. Beyond this customers step down into a slightly larger restaurants area packed with tables. This main dinning area faces the stage at the very front of the establishment, which is draped in a huge gothic red velvet curtain. Magicians show off their talents nightly as part of the diner show on this very stage.

Typically dinner is served every night between 9pm and 10pm. The aim is to have the food cleared away by Showtime - 11pm. During the meal another magician goes round the tables performing tricks, some of which even rival those in the main show. The actual show itself is different every day of the week. The incredible and hilarious Adrian Guerra himself performs at least once a week. A hat full of equally talented magicians in his employ take the helm the remaining nights of the week. There is some semi-adult humour in the nightly shows but on Sundays at midday there is a more innocent show aimed at kids.

The description of the food on the menu is probably slightly better than what arrives on your table but it is still very good. However, the food is not the reason to go to El Embrujo. It is the fantastic magic shows that warrant a visit. There is no entrance fee but a minimum consumption of $30AR is compulsory, easily covered by a meal and a bottle of wine. It is strongly encouraged to call ahead and reserve a table, particularly when Adrian Guerra performs.

—El Embrujo review by Paul Smithson.

Bob

Joe Vato
02-20-09, 00:45
El Embrujo does have a great line up of magic talent. They also bring in world class magicians to perform such as Rene Levanne and Fernando Keops. It is best if you are familiar with the Spanish language for the stage shows. The food, I hate to report, is terrible. Really crappy. The wine selection is the pits. This is where this entertainment venue fails. I do suggest a visit but best to have dinner somewhere else before arriving for a show.