PDA

View Full Version : Race in Argentina

Jeren
03-09-09, 07:41
I came across this comment, "in Buenos Aires, being black is advantageous in finding a girl / boyfriend." from here.

(http://www.cwo.com/~lucumi/argentina.html)

Is race really a big issue like this in dating in Argentina?

Argento
03-09-09, 08:39
I came across this comment, "in Buenos Aires, being black is advantageous in finding a girl / boyfriend." from here (http://www.cwo.com/~lucumi/argentina.html)

Is race really a big issue like this in dating in Argentina?I guess that is an answer that only a black man can know.

The link you posted on what happened to the Africans in Argentina doesn't answer the puzzle. And they were more than 50% of the population. Early 19th century illustrations show them everywhere and even up to 1840. After that they disappear from the illustrations. Current theory is probably the most believable.

In 1813, the newborn children of slaves were born free. Adults and dependent children before that date remained slaves. The theory is that they were gradually sold off while they had a commercial value to mainly Brazilian slaveowners and Uruguay where slavery was still the norm. Also explains the much greater numbers of people of African descent in Uruguay. Makes much more sense than if they were used as cannon fodder or simply exterminated. And it also explains why the descendents of children who were born free also are not extant here. They left with their parents when the parents were sold.

Argento

Jeren
03-10-09, 23:12
I guess that is an answer that only a black man can know.I was wondering because I heard the same thing about Brazil. So maybe it's a trend in Latin American countries?

I know in Thailand or S. Korea they tend to be more infatuated with people of lighter complexions.

Superpimpdb
03-12-09, 02:23
Hoping that this article written in 2002 still is true today cause I would love to meet my Cinderella in argentina. Young black and handsome. No haters please.

TejanoLibre
03-12-09, 14:09
Hoping that this article written in 2002 still is true today cause I would love to meet my Cinderella in argentina. Young black and handsome. No haters please.I have NEVER witnessed racism towards black males or females in BA and I am from TEXAS where they invented that shit!

Clarification:

The girls and guys LOVE the color of the skin and do not hold it against anyone but that does not mean that they will one-night you.

They will say ¨ Wow, look at that beautiful skin color. ¨

None of my girlfriends have ever shown any negative responses.

You will be a hot commodity due to the fact that here you may only see 1 or 2 African - South American - African - Americans per day. MAX!

You'll have a good time!

My favorite bar is about 25 ft. From your Hotel! Same side of the street.

El Gran Bar Danzon -- Libertad Same block.

Up the stairs next to the parking garage.

Non-working girls but a nice place with a great atmosphere.

Pick-up bar.

High-end females in that they are doctors, lawyers, shop owners, etc.

Wed. And Thurs. Are best.

Get in BEFORE 8:30!

Have Fun,

TL.

P. S - Come to my Live Sex Show on Friday night if you can! March 20th.

Argento
03-12-09, 15:47
I have NEVER witnessed racism towards black males or females in BA and I am from TEXAS where they invented that shit!

Clarification:

The girls and guys LOVE the color of the skin and do not hold it against anyone but that does not mean that they will one-night you.

You will be a hot commodity due to the fact that here you may only see 1 or 2 African - South American - African - Americans per day. MAX!

You'll have a good time!Are we living in the same city? My experience is the complete opposite to yours. All the European origin Portenos refer to anybody with dark skin such as people with indian blood as negras and almost always include a derogatory remark that they, that is the indians, are stupid. And that naturally implies that those with European blood are far, far superior. I'd call that racist. Black Brazileros and Dominicans are treated as inferior beings. I guess TL hasn't done that.

Argento

Superpimpdb
03-13-09, 00:12
I have NEVER witnessed racism towards black males or females in BA and I am from TEXAS where they invented that shit!

Clarification:

You'll have a good time!

My favorite bar is about 25 ft. From your Hotel! Same side of the street.

El Gran Bar Danzon -- Libertad Same block.

Up the stairs next to the parking garage.

Non-working girls but a nice place with a great atmosphere.

Pick-up bar.

High-end females in that they are doctors, lawyers, shop owners, etc.

Wed. And Thurs. Are best.

Get in BEFORE 8:30!

Have Fun,

TL.

P. S - Come to my Live Sex Show on Friday night if you can! March 20th.I really appreciate the response and thanks for the invitation. However my stay on this trip in ba will be short. I will though take your advice and check out El Gran Bar Danzon -- Libertad Same block sounds promising if what u say is true. I am really looking to meet my future wifey on this trip though short so any aditional comments on great pick up spots for non pro locals will be greatly appreciated. Gracias

Whiskas
03-13-09, 00:21
Well in my only trip to BA I never had trouble with my skin color, in my case I am not black, actually it's kind of funny cause my face and forearms are dark skinned due to the fact I drive around 100 miles a day in my hometown which is semidesertic, and the rest of my body is almost white, my heritage is spanish and amerindian (mestizo)

While staying in Argentina nobody ever bothered me, actually I noticed I could blend pretty well with some of their people (the ones they call negros also of spanish heritage) but when banging some chick they usually were surprised, asked the reason of my bi-color skin but were always friendly (and shagged pretty well BTW)

Taxi drivers were quite friendly and I had the (apparently wrong) impression that porteños were nice people, but now that I read your posts, well it's hard to believe we talk about the same people.

Is my experience an exception or what guys?

Tatshea Travel
03-13-09, 12:32
Pretty much true what Argento and Sidney say.

This town is shit and their racism is one more of his virtues.

The other is his high nosed proudness of I don't know what. They are arrogant, presumtuous and many often mocking at us american mongenrs.

I was witness last week in Recoleta of a brawl in a night club between a gang of locals and a couple of american tourists which locals identifiy or think they identify as argentinaprivate mongers.

I do believe really this is the worst people I ever met.

Tyrell77
03-14-09, 00:21
Unfortunately I've never been to Buenos Aires, but I have met a quite a few Argentinians in NYC. And judging from the relative ease that I have in getting (some) of them in bed, I'd say that they're pretty open to black guys. In fact, last month I got a freebie from a stripper from Argentina. Now anyone in New York knows that this sort of thing NEVER happens, so I take it as an indicator that things are good for us in ARG, well in BA at least.
During our lap dance I asked her if black guys are liked in BA. And she immediately indicated in the positive. And she started rambling on (in the long winded, fast accent that happy argie chicks often have) about how her sister married a black Brazilian guy, and how the whole family loved him. She basically concluded that if you're not a thug, and doing something with your life, argie women would be really open to a long term relationship with a Black man.---And then she asked me for my number (but that's another story:))

Please don't confuse willingness to fuck you with "ease of entry". Believe me, you are going to have to game the shit out of her (umm. Woo her strongly) if you want to hit that the first night. And Argie chicks LOVE to talk. My god they will talk all day long. Even the stripper that I just fucked wasn't an easy lay. It took 2, looong, all day, dates, with a lot of talking. Granted, it was kinda nice showing her around NYC, going to art museums, and restaurants, all with this beautiful blonde portena on my arm. But still, like most of the argies that I've experienced, she wanted to make sure that I knew that she wasn't "easy" and that your gonna have to put in work if you wanna get her. The only exception to this rule are the Jewish Argentinians, of which there appear to be a lot of. They tend to be more open and worldly.

Note: I have gotten confirmation from Indio argies that there is definately racism against more indio / native south american section of the population. It seems to be pervasive, low level, and institutional racism. Akin to a Indio Mexican trying to fit in in Little Havana Miami, or with Puerto Ricans in NYC.
It's just sort of a general consensus that the White Cubans / PR are just far superior than the Indio dude, and they should just "know their place".

I'm just gonna chalk it up to my "Odd Man Out" theory. Every country has a traditional "hated" race. Essentially the "odd man out". In Northern Europe -esp. Russia, it's the Jews, in Southern Europe, it's the Gypsies. In America, it's the Blacks, in Australia, it's the Aborigines.

But if you visit a country and your not one of the "hated people", but are still visibly different, your differences are "interesting". You're the "Odd Man" but you're not out of the social loop. You're invited to the party. You're different, but you are still able to create you're own persona, with the advantage of being so rare that you can rise above the crowd.

You just have to accept that the women can still be really racist against their own "odd men", but still love you. I've seen it many times with E. Euro chicks (don't get them started on the gypsies) and even Aussie women and the Aborigines. Which is kinda strange, because I'm the same color as the them. I've had Australians make off handed racist comments and jokes about aborigines to me, and expected me to laugh. Israelis making really racist comments about Palestinians (like "WOW-did that really just come out of her mouth" racist) Just as I've had (many) Russian and Poles make (harsh) Jewish comments and jokes to me. (And a lot of Polish guys are big, and like the Vodka, so you'd better laugh back.)

In the end, I think that you have an advantage, but you still have to actually "try". You can't just walk into a bar and expect women to just turn and stare at you in lust, just because your black (try Sydney if you want that reaction) and from my experiences in NYC, you HAVE to make the first move. She will not come up to you. Granted, her first reaction could be very positive, but they all seem to want a "caballero", with an edge. This is true with the noted exception of some of the Jewish Argies.

Unfortunatly, If I want any more Argie (or Australian) pussy, I'm gonna have to actually go down there now. With the Argentinian economy, beginning to freefall, and the Aussie dollar devaluation (from almost parity with the US dollar, to 1.50 in like 5 months--jeez) There aren't going to be many Argie honies up in NYC this summer---well not unless they're working here as strippers:)

Argento
03-14-09, 10:54
Unfortunately I've never been to Buenos Aires, but I have met a quite a few Argentinians in NYC. And judging from the relative ease that I have in getting (some) of them in bed, I'd say that they're pretty open to black guys. In fact, last month I got a freebie from a stripper from Argentina. Now anyone in New York knows that this sort of thing NEVER happens, so I take it as an indicator that things are good for us in ARG, well in BA at least.

During our lap dance I asked her if black guys are liked in BA. And she immediately indicated in the positive. And she started rambling on (in the long winded, fast accent that happy argie chicks often have) about how her sister married a black Brazilian guy, and how the whole family loved him. She basically concluded that if you're not a thug, and doing something with your life, argie women would be really open to a long term relationship with a Black man.---And then she asked me for my number (but that's another story:)

Please don't confuse willingness to fuck you with "ease of entry". Believe me, you are going to have to game the shit out of her (umm. Woo her strongly) if you want to hit that the first night. And Argie chicks LOVE to talk. My god they will talk all day long. Even the stripper that I just fucked wasn't an easy lay. It took 2, looong, all day, dates, with a lot of talking. Granted, it was kinda nice showing her around NYC, going to art museums, and restaurants, all with this beautiful blonde portena on my arm. But still, like most of the argies that I've experienced, she wanted to make sure that I knew that she wasn't "easy" and that your gonna have to put in work if you wanna get her. The only exception to this rule are the Jewish Argentinians, of which there appear to be a lot of. They tend to be more open and worldly.

Note: I have gotten confirmation from Indio argies that there is definately racism against more indio / native south american section of the population. It seems to be pervasive, low level, and institutional racism. Akin to a Indio Mexican trying to fit in in Little Havana Miami, or with Puerto Ricans in NYC.

It's just sort of a general consensus that the White Cubans / PR are just far superior than the Indio dude, and they should just "know their place".

I'm just gonna chalk it up to my "Odd Man Out" theory. Every country has a traditional "hated" race. Essentially the "odd man out". In Northern Europe -esp. Russia, it's the Jews, in Southern Europe, it's the Gypsies. In America, it's the Blacks, in Australia, it's the Aborigines.

But if you visit a country and your not one of the "hated people", but are still visibly different, your differences are "interesting". You're the "Odd Man" but you're not out of the social loop. You're invited to the party. You're different, but you are still able to create you're own persona, with the advantage of being so rare that you can rise above the crowd.

You just have to accept that the women can still be really racist against their own "odd men", but still love you. I've seen it many times with E. Euro chicks (don't get them started on the gypsies) and even Aussie women and the Aborigines. Which is kinda strange, because I'm the same color as the them. I've had Australians make off handed racist comments and jokes about aborigines to me, and expected me to laugh. Israelis making really racist comments about Palestinians (like "WOW-did that really just come out of her mouth" racist) Just as I've had (many) Russian and Poles make (harsh) Jewish comments and jokes to me. (And a lot of Polish guys are big, and like the Vodka, so you'd better laugh back.

In the end, I think that you have an advantage, but you still have to actually "try". You can't just walk into a bar and expect women to just turn and stare at you in lust, just because your black (try Sydney if you want that reaction) and from my experiences in NYC, you HAVE to make the first move. She will not come up to you. Granted, her first reaction could be very positive, but they all seem to want a "caballero", with an edge. This is true with the noted exception of some of the Jewish Argies.

Unfortunatly, If I want any more Argie (or Australian) pussy, I'm gonna have to actually go down there now. With the Argentinian economy, beginning to freefall, and the Aussie dollar devaluation (from almost parity with the US dollar, to 1.50 in like 5 months--jeez) There aren't going to be many Argie honies up in NYC this summer---well not unless they're working here as strippers:)Interesting post for a newby. Not that I believe a word of what you posted or that you are using your normal moniker. My guess is that you are an established member posting under another name. Whatever the truth, very subjective and has nothing whatsoever to do with the thread. Placation, fence-sitting, ignorance and a huge ego doesn't win me over. Especially when you fly a false flag.

Argento

Spirit Rider
03-14-09, 12:56
There is a little truth to what everybody's experience is. This is because the real bigotry in BsAs is about money and social status.

I lived there over a two year period. I lived in Recoleta on Posadas a block and a half from Padio Bullrich. The disdain the elites and middle class shows towards the lower classes is very evident.

Now add race and xenophobia as multiplication factors and you really have your story. They are contemptuous of Black Brazileros, Dominicans, and and any other dark skinned lower classes including Paraguayans, Columbians, and any others of indigenous South American blood.

However, if you are black AND have money then you are prized by many (not all) Argentine women. In this case because of the uniqueness, the darker the skin the better.

Anecdotal yet I think a valid data point. I was living in BsAs earlier this decade (not being particularly successful with the locals, I might add) I made friends with a black african (from Ghana) also working in BsAs. Now he was very friendly and bold going after the ladies. However, he needed to beat the Argentine women off with a stcik. Of course, it wasn't so bad to be his wingman.

So, if you are a decent looking black man with money to spend on the ladies, you probably have a net positve factor with many Argentine women. In fact, since you might be a fantasy, you probably have a better chance of breaking through the notorious Argentine woman time and effort shield.

Tyrell77
03-14-09, 13:31
First off, much respect to the senior members of this forum (including you Argento) You guys make this a great, very informative place to be, even for someone who has never been to BA. This is not coincidentally the reason that I only have one post. Because I've NEVER been to argentina!

I'm not a masquerading senior member, nor do I come with any hidden agenda. This is argentinaprivate, not the angry Thailand forum at ISG.

Another newbie Jeren asked a question about how blacks would be treated in Argentina, and I put in my two cents, albeit in a long winded manner. Again, I've never been to ARG but I've met quite a few argies up here in NYC (New York City) Perhaps it's the blind leading the blind, but I was just contributing my experiences to Jeren and the forum. I meant no harm. Perhaps I was really long winded about my "odd man out" theory, but it has helped me make sense of a lot of strange foreign tourist / student chicks and the strange things that they do.

And as to me having a large ego. Well, maybe I did sound asshole-ish talking about how I pulled a stripper for free, but well hey. I pulled a stripper for free! In NYC no less!:) Goddamit, you'd brag too!:)

But believe me, I've crawled into some hidey holes to get some $10 head with some ugly streetwalkers as well. Of this, I'm not so proud. And I'm not gonna brag about that.

Jeez Argento, cut me some slack and just chill a bit.

BTW: I personally think that "Spirit Rider" has the best answer. But again, I've never been to BA.

BadMan
03-14-09, 14:56
I think this sums it all up.

Again, I've never been to ARG Perhaps it's the blind leading the blind, But again, I've never been to BA. Regards,

BM

BA Luvr
03-15-09, 01:34
Spirit Rider, I very much resent my fellows on W. 116th St being called lower class. Left-leaning radicals, maybe.

Jeren
03-19-09, 18:50
I'm White, by the way. I'm also 29 and single, never married, to give context.

However, if you are black AND have money then you are prized by many (not all) Argentine women. In this case because of the uniqueness, the darker the skin the better.That sounds to me like, if the economic status is the same, they will prefer Black men?

If that's the case, I don't really see a point in going there. I don't want a wife or girlfriend who is more attracted to some other race, since I can't do anything about mine.

I used to never pay attention to interracial relationships, but I started hearing more and more about White women, not just dating, but saying they prefer Black men to White men, which disturbed me because race is hard to compete with. After researching a bit, it seems like the majority of White women in America prefer White men, despite all the talk.

But, I'm sick of hearing about it, the twisted fantasies women have about Black men, and especially all the constant talk of White male inferiorities. Regardless of the claims of racism towards colored people, it seems like Argentina is like this somewhat?

Maybe you think I'm getting worked up over nothing?:) Tell me why if you think so.

El Perro
03-19-09, 19:48

That sounds to me like, if the economic status is the same, they will prefer Black men?

If that's the case, I don't really see a point in going there. I don't want a wife or girlfriend who is more attracted to some other race, since I can't do anything about mine.

I used to never pay attention to interracial relationships, but I started hearing more and more about White women, not just dating, but saying they prefer Black men to White men, which disturbed me because race is hard to compete with. After researching a bit, it seems like the majority of White women in America prefer White men, despite all the talk.

But, I'm sick of hearing about it, the twisted fantasies women have about Black men, and especially all the constant talk of White male inferiorities. Regardless of the claims of racism towards colored people, it seems like Argentina is like this somewhat?

Maybe you think I'm getting worked up over nothing?:) Tell me why if you think so.If you ain't a big dicked black buck in Buenos Aires you ain't getting no pussy. That's just the way it is. I am a big dicked black buck and the really, really white skinned girls in Buenos Aires can't get enough of my really really big, really really black, dick. Sorry.

Argento
03-19-09, 20:04

That sounds to me like, if the economic status is the same, they will prefer Black men?

Maybe you think I'm getting worked up over nothing?:) Tell me why if you think so.How about the other side of the coin. What about the white men that have 'twisted fantasies', (your phrase) about black women? And what's more, put their thoughts into effect. Not that I believe the basic premises of this current thread, but pity the white girls in Argentina if they did lust after a bit of hard black cock. Not much around and probably not for sale. Not that they would ever have any money to buy their sexual fantasies as all their money is on their backs in trashy clothes or on their faces with crap cosmetics. But there's black pussy a'plenty and for sale whenever you so desire; and in many case quite elegant. Ask my friend Sid, who, by the way, is sane and balanced. He much prefers the imported Dominicans to the ignorant, bad attitude, cigarette smoking, tattooed white trash that constitute the majority of the local Buenos Aires scrags. The majority could do with a good scrub and an explanation of the finer workings of a toothbrush. Oh, and I almost forgot, a quick course in honesty, punctuality, customer service and politeness. There are some great exceptions but not that many. I really think it is a series of false premises with an even falser conclusion.

Argento

Argento
03-19-09, 20:28
If you ain't a big dicked black buck in Buenos Aires you ain't getting no pussy. That's just the way it is. I am a big dicked black buck and the really, really white skinned girls in Buenos Aires can't get enough of my really really big, really really black, dick. Sorry.Sorry Dogg. You posted while I was composing and I know you have a big stick to knock the white chicks away. Just wish I was born caramel and with your dick! Us whitys got to stick together aginst ya black trash!

Argento

Schmoj
03-19-09, 22:35
Sorry Dogg. You posted while I was composing and I know you have a big stick to knock the white chicks away. Just wish I was born caramel and with your dick! Us whitys got to stick together aginst ya black trash!

ArgentoThis reminds me of something the owner of my apartment told me when I moved here. "La billetera gana." That is the only size that matter here.

Jeren
03-19-09, 22:41
If you ain't a big dicked black buck in Buenos Aires you ain't getting no pussy.Trying to be annoying, huh? I'm pretty sure I could get laid, for free, which has nothing to do with the discussion.

How about the other side of the coin.What about it? I would guess this would mean most white men in Argentina think white women are less desirable then black women.

the ignorant, bad attitude, cigarette smoking, tattooed white trash that constitute the majority of the local Buenos Aires scrags. The majority could do with a good scrub and an explanation of the finer workings of a toothbrush.You must be referring to the prostitutes unless you're saying the majority of the Argentine non-pro chicas are like this?

Not that I believe the basic premises of this current threadThanks for your opinion. I tend to dig for more details then most people once I get thinking about something. It would be nice if someone could explain why there are polar opposite opinions from your own. I tried probing for some details with questions that wouldn't point to my color, but then I went and revealed myself.

BadMan
03-19-09, 23:21
You would realize how silly, pointless and dead ended this debate really is.

Regards,

BM

Daddy Rulz
03-20-09, 10:48
You would realize how silly, pointless and dead ended this debate really is.

Regards,

BMI thought this was about the road race. We now have two threads regarding racisim in Argentina?

Unlike Dogg, I am a skinny white guy with a really, really, big black dick. (there was an industrial accident)

El Perro
03-20-09, 11:47
I thought this was about the road race. We now have two threads regarding racisim in Argentina?

Unlike Dogg I am a skinny white guy with a really, really, big black dick. (there was an industrial accident)LOL, right, two threads. Where can I get me one of them industrial accidents?

Argento
03-20-09, 15:55
Trying to be annoying, huh? I'm pretty sure I could get laid, for free, which has nothing to do with the discussion.

What about it? I would guess this would mean most white men in Argentina think white women are less desirable then black women.

You must be referring to the prostitutes unless you're saying the majority of the Argentine non-pro chicas are like this?

Thanks for your opinion. I tend to dig for more details then most people once I get thinking about something. It would be nice if someone could explain why there are polar opposite opinions from your own. I tried probing for some details with questions that wouldn't point to my color, but then I went and revealed myself.And I see from your post, a great sense of humour.

Argento

Prtyr2
07-16-09, 13:04
There is a little truth to what everybody's experience is. This is because the real bigotry in BsAs is about money and social status.

I lived there over a two year period. I lived in Recoleta on Posadas a block and a half from Padio Bullrich. The disdain the elites and middle class shows towards the lower classes is very evident.

Now add race and xenophobia as multiplication factors and you really have your story. They are contemptuous of Black Brazileros, Dominicans, and and any other dark skinned lower classes including Paraguayans, Columbians, and any others of indigenous South American blood.I just went to dinner last night on Posadas. My dominican novia and I ate at Fervor. I know many here call their fave pros novia etc but in my case she has never been a pro, semi pro etc etc etc. She is from santiago in the DR and we have been living together for a few months. So far all is going great.

WE have been to Cabanas Las Lilas twice, Spettus twice, Kansas, Hard Rock etc etc etc. We have gone shopping on Florida and bought her nice leather jacket and coat. She dresses better than most of the argentine women I see.

Of course if it were summer she may stick out more because dominicans dress sexier. At Spettus she was wearing a full length leather coat with Fox trim, black dress pants, light pink colored sweater.

We had never been to Fervor and had been planning to make it an early night by eating in walking distance to my hotel. I was thinking Nazarena or similar. She then said she was craving shrimp so we asked the concierge for a recommendation and he mentioned Fervor. I was wearing jeans, a HRC t shirt and a black leather blazer. My novia was wearing jeans, a t shirt and a nice white ski jacket over it all as she is not used to the cold.

She liked the shrimp at fervor, thought the service was great but said she did not like the clientele. It was the first place she felt uncomfortable. I had my back to most of the restaurant but she was facing them and said she received many looks from people that appeared snobby.

At one point a couple came in. Dressed up less than we were. And were offered the table next to us. The female looked at my novia and shook her head no. Lol.

I know we were a bit underdressed but since it was a last minute decision we didn't want to go up to the room and change just to at dinner. WE were not the only people that were dressed a bit on the casual side bt there were certainly many biz men in suits and ties.

The ironic thing is the food was cheap. It was not as expensive as Cabana las Lilas, Spettus, and probably not even Kansas. So the snobbery was a bit funny.

I may take her back another night to see if the looks were because we were dressed casually. Though I am sure I would not have received any looks. Or if it was soley o the color of her skin.

I have even been thinking about spending 2-3 months living in eitehr BA or sao paulo and in BA of course recoletta would be a neighborhood to look at. Not so sure any more.

Wild Walleye
07-16-09, 13:54
The female looked at my novia and shook her head no.It probably wasn't your dress or her color. She was probably trying to deny her *****-mongering husband a little eye candy on their "date night" (thanks Chairman MaObama)

Prtyr2
07-16-09, 15:12
It probably wasn't your dress or her color. She was probably trying to deny her *****-mongering husband a little eye candy on their "date night" (thanks Chairman MaObama)You never know. My novia is bombarded with argentinos saying fresh stuff to her as she walks down the street. Lets just say she has a typical curvy dominican body. And I haven't seen many like it in BA. Not that weren't aided by surgery;-)

MiddleAgeGuy
07-17-09, 12:19
Prtyr2,

Fervor gets a lot of Argentina celebrity clientle. Politicians, sports, etc. Plus some of the crusty Argentine old money. I love the food and service there but I would place my dos centavos on the bad vibe as a result of your novias color plus beauty / natural attributes. Perhaps a little jelousy mixed with an immediate reason to discount her in order that the other ladys there can feel on top of the heap.

Spirit Rider says it best and Fervor has the type in spades.

MAG

Prtyr2
07-17-09, 20:02
Prtyr2,

Fervor gets a lot of Argentina celebrity clientle. Politicians, sports, etc. Plus some of the crusty Argentine old money. I love the food and service there but I would place my dos centavos on the bad vibe as a result of your novias color plus beauty / natural attributes. Perhaps a little jelousy mixed with an immediate reason to discount her in order that the other ladys there can feel on top of the heap.

Spirit Rider says it best and Fervor has the type in spades.

MAGGood to know. Maybe I will go back and have her pay for the meal. Like I said not an expensive place. So get over it. Ya snobs;-)

Schmoj
07-18-09, 01:00
How that is Obama's fault.

My Dominicans and I have experienced the gross ignorance of the Argies in most restaurants and on the streets. We are very selective on restaurants.

Prtyr2
07-20-09, 18:00
I am here in Montevideo and it seems much worse here. My novia has gotten upset becuase of the looks and the laughter she encountered. Today she went to a salon and asked about getting her hair done. The guy who owned the place who was putting curlers in the hair of some older woman said he was booked all day. There was nobody else waiting but he looked flustered when my novia asked about getting her hair done.

She was actually crying a bit last night. I had to calm her down and explain that THEY have a problem of low self esteem and try to make themselves feel better by making others feel badly.

We are out of here Wednesday and I don't see her ever wanting to come back. Their loss!

Wild Walleye
07-21-09, 01:56
It's too bad that you have encountered these problems. I am however glad that you have pointed them out for those of us that have not traveled with such beautiful and exotic company and the places to avoid when doing so in the future.

As an enlightened, rightwing, bigoted, racist, sexist, homophobe and a lover of women, from any nationality, race or creed (although I have not sample one of each yet) I can tell you that this problem is of course born of ignorance.

Good luck with the rest of your travels, I hope you move on to a place where she gets the ego-boosting glances (without obscene commentary) and you get the respectful acknowledgment of more intelligent passersby.

Prtyr2
07-21-09, 09:05
I did a bit of research and it appears that in Uruguay a very tiny percentage of "morenas" work in anything other than service jobs especially domestic servants.

.5% actually have a bit of education while almost 90% work service jobs.

I know it is all ignorance and last night we went to a cool Irish pub, that actually had Dominican Rum! They had both Brugal and Barcelo but I don't drink rum and the novia had a margarita and some champagne. Younger people that did not grow up back in the days when things were even worse are less ignorant about race issues. We had a good time and may go back to that bar.

The funniest part was the taxi driver was asking my client where we were from and how he met us, in a very hushed voice of course. He asked my client if he met os "en la calle". My novia was steaming so to make her laugh when we got out of the cab I asked the guy if there was another taxi company with NICE cars and not "feo". We all had a good laugh.

As I was asking him this a guy taps me on the shoulder. It was a guy that is in the same business I am in that I met 1.5 years ago in Mexico City. I immediately remembered he was from Uruguay but did not recall his name. I remember chatting with him in Mexico and saying I had never been to Uruguay but wanted to visit.

What are the odds I run into the ONLY guy I know from Uruguay? Lol.

Whiskas
07-22-09, 01:25
As I was asking him this a guy taps me on the shoulder. It was a guy that is in the same business I am in that I met 1.5 years ago in Mexico City. I immediately remembered he was from Uruguay but did not recall his name. I remember chatting with him in Mexico and saying I had never been to Uruguay but wanted to visit.

What are the odds I run into the ONLY guy I know from Uruguay? Lol.The first time I went to BSAS I found one of my best clients in México City's airport, he was going to Santiago with his wife for 3 days and then to BsAs for 4 days, we never told each other about our travel so it was kinda funny coincidence.

A week later when I was returning to México, in the morning I find him in Ezeiza as I entered the first door in the airport, I think if I tried to find him on purpose I wouldn't have been able to locate him.

It is almost my Karma that whenever I travel inside or outside México I MUST find someone I know. How do I explain that? Jung would say sincronicity, I would say WTF? LOL XD