PDA

View Full Version : Which Summer Months are best

Quick78
04-06-09, 18:33
I'm already planning a return trip this year, but I want to know which of the summer months is recommended: May, June, July, or August. If I do go, it will most likely be for a 2 week span this time.

How cold does it REALLY get down there?

El Perro
04-06-09, 18:46
I'm already planning a return trip this year, but I want to know which of the summer months is recommended: May, June, July, or August. If I do go, it will most likely be for a 2 week span this time.

How cold does it REALLY get down there?Depends on what you are used to. It can get down to freezing, though not often, and the winters here are wet, and often windy. Very damp. You would have a better chance of missing the coldest weather if you visited in May, but I remember some pretty cold weather in May also. It is not unusual to have a stretch of weather where it does not get warmer than 55, and between 35 and 45 during the nights. Brrrrrr.

Quick78
04-06-09, 19:05
Depends on what you are used to. It can get down to freezing, though not often, and the winters here are wet, and often windy. Very damp. You would have a better chance of missing the coldest weather if you visited in May, but I remember some pretty cold weather in May also. It is not unusual to have a stretch of weather where it does not get warmer than 55, and between 35 and 45 during the nights. Brrrrrr.Ah, thats not too bad at night. Its pretty much on par with NYC in the fall. 55 in the daytime with sunshine is nothing. It starts getting warm again in October you would say? Thanks for the advice