PDA

View Full Version : Huge Car Show, antiques, motorcycles, customs etc

Jackpot
04-18-09, 16:59
Sunday, there is a huge car show sponsered by the numerous car clubs in BA.

It is held at the AUTODROMO, which is a genuine race track. This is located at the intersection Ave. General Paz and Ave. General Roca in the western section of BA. It starts at 10:30 AM and ends at 6:00 PM.

I can promise this will be a car freaks dream so bring your camera. I've seen some of their classic cars and motorcycles and can assure you will not be dissapointed.

Admission is 15 pesos.

I'm looking to go there leaving Recoleta around 9:30 AM. Its a 40 minute ride by cab +/-.

I was hoping to find some to share a cab with. Please give me a PM if interested. Or call me on my cell: 15-6544-6551.

Jackpot

Sportsman
04-18-09, 21:13
This is a request for bus directions or cab sharing to go to the big car show at the Autodromo tomorrow, Sunday.

JackpotCheck this out:

http://autodromoba.com.ar/content/view/194/360/

Looks like 21, 28, 32, 36, 80, 91, 101, 114, 115, 117, 141, 143, 150, 185, 298 y 628b will get you there. 152 or 59 bus will get you to Gen Paz y Cabildo, then I'm sure one of these buses runs on Gen Paz and get you to la avenida Coronel Roca.

Jackpot
04-19-09, 19:12
Thanks for the advice Sportsman.

I skipped the bus for time considerations and outside temperature. Intead I took a cab and it was freeway all the way. The driver was haulin'ass and he understood the word pronto. I arrived 20 minutes later at the front gate.

Cost 45p.

The place is a genuine race track also with 1/4 mile drag races, motorcycle and quad track enduro courses.

Inside the paddock (cost 30 p) were different car clubs with their pride and joys displayed. There were some fantastic classics, including a Bugatti.

Race car fresh out of the box, a 30's collectivo brightly painted like a Manila Jeepny, AJS, BSA, TRIUMPH, MATCHLESS; NORTON and on with lots of Italian makes and Beemers.

One motorcycle guy showed me pictures of his machine shop and the process of him making a dual overhead cam head for his Gilera motorcycle. He also made dual disc front brakes and a single disc rear. He also adapted a fuel injection system to replace the carbs.

So here is something I've never seen. They all took to the track! What a great sound of old and some new burning down the straightaway. Later, a bunch of Lotus racers had the track to themselves. The the oldies came out (not the Bugatti - too precious) and it was a gas!

Spent a little time in the nice concession shack and had a coffee. Took one last tour and saw Lambretta scooters with sidecars as a reward.

My camera battery took a crap so photos were limited. I missed tons of great opportunities and learned a hard lesson. To make matters worse, I can't.

Find the charger! Do not send me on a photo shoot.

In all, I spent an enjoyable 4 hours and got my nut off. The Argentines are nuts over cars! I was told of a show in San Isidro, where people come from all over the world to view the classics located in Argentina. This is going to be my next mission. The car owners were very friendly and suffered through.

My stumblebum Espanol. Very hospitable were they.

I received a ride out to the gate from a gate attendant. It was a grand gesture done out of kindness, not reward. I took about 10 min to hail a cab.

The ride back was leisurely and cost 40 p.

It was a great experience and would do it again. Sorry you all missed it.

Jackpot

TejanoLibre
04-19-09, 22:48
Thanks for the advice Sportsman.

I skipped the bus for time considerations and outside temperature. Intead I took a cab and it was freeway all the way. The driver was haulin'ass and.

He understood the word pronto. I arrived 20 minutes later at the front gate.

Cost 45p.

The place is a genuine race track also with 1/4 mile drag races, motorcycle and quad track enduro courses.

Iside the paddock (cost 30 p) were different car clubs with their pride and joys displayed. There were some fantastic classics, including a Bugatti.

Race car fresh out of the box, a 30's collectivo brightly painted like a.

Manila Jeepny, AJS, BSA, TRIUMPH, MATCHLESS; NORTON and on with lots of Italian makes and Beemers.

One motorcycle guy showed me pictures of his machine shop and the process.

Of him making a dual overhead cam head for his Gilera motorcycle. He also made dual disc front brakes and a single disc rear. He also adapted a fuel.

Injection system to replace the carbs.

So here is something I've never seen. They all took to the track! What a great sound of old and some new burning down the straightaway. Later,

A bunch of Lotus racers had the track to themselves. The the oldies came out (not the Bugatti - too precious) and it was a gas!

Spent a little time in the nice concession shack and had a coffee. Took one last tour and saw Lambretta scooters with sidecars as a reward.

My camera battery took a crap so photos were limited. I missed tons of great opportunities and learned a hard lesson. To make matters worse, I can't.

Find the charger! Do not send me on a photo shoot.

In all, I spent an enjoyable 4 hours and got my nut off. The Argentines are nuts over cars! I was told of a show in San Isidro, where people come from all over the world to view the classics located in Argentina. This is going to be my next mission. The car owners were very friendly and suffered through.

My stumblebum Espanol. Very hospitable were they.

I received a ride out to the gate from a gate attendant. It was a grand gesture done out of kindness, not reward. I took about 10 min. To hail a cab.

The ride back was leisurely and cost 40 p.

It was a great experience and would do it again. Sorry you all missed it.

JackpotMan, I was all set to head-out there early this morning!

I was going to maybe call you too!

Anyway, I went to a party last night that started at 10:30 pm on Saturday and just ended at around 6pm Sunday!

A long haul for sure!

Lots of girls and lots party favors!

Damn, I'm all fucked-out but I would have rather seen the cars!

TL.

P. S - Most of you guys do not know this but my background back in Texas is in the auto business.

Classics and ¨New¨ High -End.

Aqualung
04-20-09, 14:18

JackpotThis is where the Argentine leg of Formula One used to be held up to the late 70's or early 80's