PDA

View Full Version : Where to watch the fight: Hatton v Paiquino

Jackpot
05-02-09, 01:57
The fight of the year will be on from Las Vegas tomorrow night!

I am not sure of the time, but it should be real late. Vegas is 4 hours.

Behind BA. So, if the main event starts at 10 PM (doubtful) it will be.

2AM BA time.

The Alamo was the place to watch a fight, but now it a kids.

Hangout especially late hours. I love the Alamo.

But want to watch this boutwithout being buffeted.

By BA drunken tots.

Does anyone have an alternative? Maybe Locos for Futbal in the.

Recoleta Village complex (Uriburu and Vicente Lopez) may be showing.

This event.

Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

Manny Paquino in the 10th, by TKO.

Jackpot

Rock Harders
05-02-09, 07:58
Mongers,

The fact of the matter is that El Alamo will be the only place in town showing the Pacquiao v. Hatton 140 pound Championship fight on HBO PPV Saturday, May 2nd. The broadcast begins at 10pm Buenos Aires time. When it comes to US sporting events, thanks to a very expensive and exclusive technology that no competitor could obtain even if he / she wanted to, El Alamo is the 900 pound Gorilla in Buenos Aires. The fight will be shown on both floors, in English, with a perfect feed, and a non-smoking area available. Yes, there will be many young Argentines and extranjeros in the bar drunk and having a good time; obseve, take part, and enjoy.

Also keep in mind that El Alamo is the only place in Buenos Aires that airs every single NBA playoff game, in English, on both floors on large LCD tv's, in a perfect USA feed using our exclusive technology.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Rock Harders
05-02-09, 17:37
Mongers,

I have just been informed that the band OASIS, a British rock / pop band from Manchester, will be attending the Ricky Hatton / Manny Pacquiao fight tonight at El Alamo. Their tour manager and security personnel are at the bar as we speak doing a "security check". So expect a zoo tonight at El Alamo on several levels.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

BadMan
05-02-09, 23:39
I'll be watching it at home LIVE.

Here's a freebie.

http://teampilipinas.info/2009/05/pacquiao-vs-hatton-live-stream.html ( perfect feed )

Regards,

BM

Tatshea Travel
05-03-09, 01:35
It can be seen by Direct TV.

One of the sports channels, I don't remember which.

BadMan
05-03-09, 01:52
Not on Argentina Direct TV.

They sometimes show HBO PPV boxing fights, but not this one.

Hook up a PS3 with wifi to your flat screen tv, find a good HD feed and watch it online on your LCD.

Regards,

BM.
It can be seen by Direct TV.

One of the sports channels, I don't remember which.Btw HATTON got KTFO in round 2.

Fernando22
05-04-09, 16:54
Hook up a PS3 with wifi to your flat screen tv, find a good HD feed and watch it online on your LCD.That's what many pubs did here in San Telmo.

Pity fight was so short.

WhiteCat
05-04-09, 20:14
It's on UTube if you want to see the 2 rounds.

Jackjack1
05-04-09, 21:26
Not on Argentina Direct TV.

They sometimes show HBO PPV boxing fights, but not this one.

Hook up a PS3 with wifi to your flat screen tv, find a good HD feed and watch it online on your LCD.

Regards,

BM. Btw HATTON got KTFO in round 2.Correction, he got "Way the F Knocked Out." WTFKO? Anway. He was toast since the first round. Hatton was really never the same after he lost to Mayweather Jr. He fought two interim fights before fighting Pacquiao but his opponents weren't anywhere near the caliber of Mayweather Jr.

Cheers,

Jack

BadMan
05-05-09, 01:16
Yeah,

I'm waiting for Mayweather Vs Pacquiao.

A boxing match that might just live up to it's hype.

Regards,

BM

Correction, he got "Way the F Knocked Out." WTFKO? Anway. He was toast since the first round. Hatton was really never the same after he lost to Mayweather Jr. He fought two interim fights before fighting Pacquiao but his opponents weren't anywhere near the caliber of Mayweather Jr.

Cheers,

Jack

Julio
05-06-09, 00:49
When it comes to US sporting events, thanks to a very expensive and exclusive technology that no competitor could obtain even if he / she wanted to, El Alamo is the 900 pound Gorilla in Buenos Aires.

Also keep in mind that El Alamo is the only place in Buenos Aires that airs every single NBA playoff game, in English, on both floors on large LCD tv's, in a perfect USA feed using our exclusive technology. Just for the record, ROCK HARDER,

How much did you paid for your "very expensive and exclusive technology that no competitor could obtain"?

:) :) :)

(lot of smilies here)

Rock Harders
05-06-09, 02:47
Sorry for the comment, ROCK HARDER,

But I couldn't refrein from laughing when I think of somenone who once pretentioulsly stated that we, argentines, were "so idiots that don't don't know we were idiots", and now is considered all through every argentine forum and non forum as the archetype of the U. S. A. Stupid asswhole.

Sometimes happens, man.

Perhpas from now on you will learn to behave, at least when you are in some place that's not your home, with a little more of respect, if not of common sense.

Suerte.

JulioMongers, Julio, et al-

I stand by the comment that I made regarding how Argentines conduct business and govern themselves. I have honestly came to the conclusion that, when it comes to conducting business and governing themselves, Argentines truly are so stupid they don't know they are stupid. I respect Argentines and their culture, and I enjoy living in Buenos Aires. This is just an observation after living and doing business here for several years.

In regards to the technology we use to show certain television programming, what we use or how much it costs is not going to be revealed on this board or anywhere else for that matter. If you want to watch the games in perfect clarity in English, then come and enjoy. If not, then you are free to go someplace else and watch an inferior quality broadcast or not watch the games at all. I make announcements regarding big time sporting events on this board as a courtesy to personal friends of mine and to others who may be unaware that a big event is taking place and that it is available to be seen as in USA here in Buenos Aires.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Jackson
05-06-09, 03:35
How much did you paid for your "very expensive and exclusive technology that no competitor could obtain"?What difference does it make how much the Alamo pays for their video feeds?

Habeed
05-06-09, 20:51
Julio is implying that the technology may not be all the exclusive or even that big of a deal, and that perhaps "Rock Harders" was taken for a ride by the person that sold it to him.

Actually, there's a trivially easy way to set up such a feed, and one that I've done myself with my own computers.

The bar, Alamo, would need a high bandwidth internet connection (4 or 5 megabits is ideal) and a decent PC. If he's hooked it up correctly, he's used HDMI cables with an HDMI splitter. But most people screw this up. Anyways, that PC would connect to a computer somewhere in the U. S. that has access to the game. There's several off the shelf software programs (Sage TV, Myth Tv, and others) that will let you tune in on one PC and remotely stream to another. There's even transcoding, to reduce the bandwidth requirements, but high definition TV needs a lot in any case.

Only limitation? I don't know if the ISPs in Argentina offer a network connection this good, with no monthly bandwidth cap.

Cost? A couple grand in computers and hardware, whatever the monthly fee is for the ISP in Argentina (maybe $100 USD/month?) and for the hosting in the USA, satellite TV subscription, etc.

Several hundred USD a month probably.