PDA

View Full Version : 2002-2005 WSG Reports

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

DownBA
11-08-03, 12:57
MeGusta - YES, but don't forget that when the porteña tells you all those things you mentioned she'll be accenting the second syllable - besáme mi colita, cogéme el orto, chupáme la concha, and yaddie, yaddie, yadda!

Read my other posts about coger - this isn't used in polite company in Argentina but in Spain they use coger for almost everything, "Voy a coger el omnibus", "Te cogo en la mañana" (I'll catch you tomorrow morning" , not "I'll fuck you in the morning". If you use coger like that in Argentina the people will understand that you're applying non-argentinian spanish while they secretly cringe. Good luck picking up the lingo all you guys who are making the effort, it pays off in spades!!! DownBA

Dickhead
11-08-03, 14:50
Actually MeGusta is correct. You would not need (or want) the accent marks that DownBA puts in his last post. The stress naturally falls on the next to last syllable in español and castellano when the word ends in a vowel, n, or s; otherwise, it naturally falls on the last syllable. It is when the pronunciation does NOT follow that pattern that accent marks are needed. So, it would be pronounced "chuPAme" if it did NOT have the accent. In other parts of the Spanish speaking world, those commands WOULD have accents on the FIRST vowel; i.e., in Méjico it would be "chúpame."

Hope that helps. Cuba's another place where they use coger "politely"; among other things, it means to have a catch with a baseball, or to play catch.

DownBA
11-08-03, 15:23
Dickhead, sorry but you're factually wrong about what you're saying, you need to go back to the basic Spanish text books.

The RULE is as follows throughout the mother country Spain and most of the rest of the Spanish speaking world: if a word doesn't have an accent on it then all of its syllables are pronounced evenly, i.e. "Chupame" would be pronounced Chu Pa Me everywhere except a few places like Argentina and Uruguay where they would put an accent over the á as in "Chupáme". Same with coger, in Mexico they'd say "Cogeme" with no accents so all three syllables would be pronounced evenly as in Co ge me. In Argentina they'd put an accent over the first é as in Co gé me.

If this is your way of paying me back for ragging on you about your incessant postings about Maria and Alejandra, I suggest you pick a better fight.

I have been speaking to Argentinians now since I befriended a porteño in college 25 years ago and I've been speaking on the phone and emailing daily with high level managers and engineers from major Argentinian companies now for the better part of ten years and I have close personal friendships with Argentinians here in the states and in Argentina. Thus, I know what I'm talking about and the Argentinians accent their "mandative" verbs differently than the rest of most of the Spanish speaking world, its neighbors in nearby Uruguay obviously being another of the exceptions. When you go back next time listen a little more carefully and you'll see that I'm right.

Lastly, and sorry for beating a dead horse, but if you read the writing of any educated Argentinian, they're going to write "cogéme" and "chupáme" and "disculpáme" and "perdonáme" and "enviáme", "contáme" etc, etc, etc, and they're going to make sure to put an accent on the segundo syllable.

Besides, you're a Dickhead so who do you guys really want to believe anyway? DownBA

Dickhead
11-08-03, 16:46
Certainly syllables are not “pronounced evenly” in Spanish as you assert. I’ve been to ten Spanish-speaking countries and Puerto Rico. Some people in some places emphasize the stress more than others, and Porteños and other speakers of Rioplatense Spanish stress their syllables differently than most (meaning they stress entirely different syllables).

I'm agreeing with you, not disagreeing, about the way the commands are PRONOUNCED. BeSAme, etc. I'm DISagreeing about the NEED for the accent, although some people may DO it.

From Harper-Collins' Spanish Dictionary:

"The rules of stress in Spanish are as follows:

(a) when a word ends in a vowel or in n or s, the second last syllable is stressed: [examples follow]
(b) when a word ends in a consonant other than n or s, the stress falls on the last syllable: [examples follow]
(c) when the rules set out in a and b are not applied, an acute accent appears over the stressed vowel: [examples follow]”

That is on page vii of the paperback edition. I don’t see an edition number, so I believe it is the first edition, but the cover is missing so I can’t be sure.

I noticed while I was down there the first time, looking at signs, billboards, etc., that many of the three-syllable commands were missing the accents. Then I asked my native Porteña colleague, who has two master's degrees and a PhD (does that qualify as an educated Argentinean?), about it and she explained that they do similarly with the commands as they do with "el voseo," stressing different syllables than are stressed in most Spanish-speaking countries. That is what I said in my post, if you will read it again more carefully. She also said that when she says “LlaMAme,” people try to correct her if she is in say Méjico.

The informal second person singular command is the third person singular indicative (unless irregular such as in the verb decir and a few others), which would always end in a vowel and thus always have the stress on the second to last syllable, and thus not require an accent if it is a two-syllable word. So, when the pronoun is added, it becomes a three syllable word and if the stress is to remain on the first syllable, an accent becomes required: chúpame. That would be in places that do not speak Rioplatense Spanish. In Rioplatense Spanish, they'd be stressing the second of the three syllables, as you noted, and an accent would not be required.

Sometimes I heard and saw commands like “¡Vení!” and I don’t know if that is bad grammar or just more Rioplatense because that is one of the irregular familiar commands and would be “¡Ven!” in most other places. Perhaps educated Argentinean Andrés could comment on this.

MeGustaBoliches
11-08-03, 16:58
DH & Down,

In the arms of a lucious Portena I don't pay much attention to which syllable she accents.

Sonrisa....

Sounds to me like you both need to get your asses back to BA and get laid....it kinda helps you put stuff in perspective...

Suerte...

Prokofiev
11-08-03, 17:05
Ninos!!

Stop fighting children. Dickhead is correct about the accent rules. True in every school I've studied at (10) including BA. The only thing I'm NOT certain about are the 3 syllable imperatives. I would write them without an accent, but I wouldn't be surprised to see an Argentinian use a middle accent. When I looked for a written text of Ar spanish, my BA teacher said she didn't know of one. Is that possible? She said that Vos was not taught in the school system, only Tu. But that in casual speech, everyone uses Vos. Andres, can you confirm this? And how would you write Chupame?

Either way, you guys aren't going to write messages to the chicas. The important thing is how they sound and the stress is quite different. And the Vos business is the easiest part to understand in BA. For me it was the alternate verb and slang usage along with the pronunciation.

By the way, that AngelFire link below is quite interesting, but doesn't solve the dispute. And in Mexico, they spell Mexico with an X, not a J like in Spain.

Dickhead
11-08-03, 17:45
We're not fighting. We're having a reasonably polite discussion. I didn't even remember that it was DBA ragging me about M and A and anyway he had a point and I have stopped posting about them.

I learned Castillian Spanish so I spell Méjico with a j unless I am IN México. Bothotros ethtahees and all of that. And who says we aren't going to write to the chicas? I just went through some of my e-mails from Corina, who has a master's degree, and when she writes "Escribeme," she doesn't use an accent. A Méjican/Méxican or a Spaniard would: Escríbeme. And, the Spaniard would stress the third from last syllable and the Porteña the third syllable, or second from last.

No matter who's right about the accent marks, the important thing is that when you are in BA, the more you can use the Rioplatense pronunciation, the lower will be the prices you get quoted. And, I think we are all in agreement on the pronunciation: ChuPAme, manDAme, maMAme vs. Méjicans or Spaniards saying CHUpame, MANdame, MAmame.

It was interesting that the Angel Fire site said that they used to try to "correct" students away from el voseo.

Zho me zhamo El Toro Rojo pero vos podés zhamarme Cabeza Verga si querés.

DownBA
11-09-03, 00:18
Ok Dickhead, as long as we're in agreement about the pronunciation who cares about where the culiado accents go, but just don't forget that you can't apply the rules from the front of the Spanish-English dictionary to everything about Argentine Spanish since they deviate in so many ways. I say let's forget the whole thing and better let's go have a few beers next time we're both in BA, talk over the differences between the Argentines and the rest of the Spanish-speaking world in person, oggle up as many fine minas as we can feast our eyes on and then show me where to find Maria and Alejandra since my curiosity's now peaked about them.

Lastly, about the "vení" thing, yes, this is very Argentinian to the core, I believe you're right on about that Toro Rojo.

Prokof, I've got a hard time taking any info seriously about Spanish from a guy who's had to take 10 classes in order to learn the language and for all I know you need another 10 yet. I've got a really hard time picturing your maestro in the BA Castellano class covering where to place the accent in the sentence "Chupáme la poronga" or "Besáme el orto" a la moda argentina LOL. Next time you see your prof ask for clarification on those two sentences and report back to us.

Happy mongering AMA members! DownBA

Dickhead
11-09-03, 00:54
Geez, after my incessant postings you'd think you'd know where to find those two little jewels by now. I e-mailed my overeducated Argentinean friend (she actually went through two complete PhD programs but never wrote the thesis for the second one) about this matter, and I see PK contacted Andrés who said he spent I believe it was 11 years at the University of Buenos Aires (a man after my own heart), so we should have some more input shortly on this highly important matter.

I also asked my friend if it is "Argentinian" or "Argentinean"; I've never been too clear on that either. Corina and I actually spent a lot of time talking about Argentinean Spanish and what they do that is "correct" vs. "incorrect" and what she "knows is correct" vs. what she says anyway. She was getting ready to go to Méjico and was very concerned that educated Méjicans would think she was uneducated. She's a bit of a snob. It was also funny when my extremely poorly educated (ex) amigovia would "correct" my Castellano and I knew damn well she was wrong sometimes.

"just don't forget that you can't apply the rules from the front of the Spanish-English dictionary to everything about Argentine Spanish": I wasn't; I was applying them to your assertion that syllables are pronounced evenly.

I did find a handout from my Spanish IV college class and it has some little sections on "el voseo," and it shows three syllable imperatives without the accents. But, we skipped all of that in the class so who knows. "El voseo" is used in other parts of Latin America besides Argentina, as that angel fire site points out. What I also learned is that in Guatemala it is used only when speaking to little kids and is insulting otherwise.

"You know who" about whom your curiosity is piqued (not "peaked") is from Santiago del Estero and she says "Abúsame" and not "AbuSAme," so it isn't even really "Argentinean" Spanish we're arguing about (or politely discussing) but Porteño Spanish.

Prokofiev
11-09-03, 04:14
Down,

"Prokof, I've got a hard time taking any info seriously about Spanish from a guy who's had to take 10 classes in order to learn the language and for all I know you need another 10 yet."

It's a hell of a lot more than 10 classes. More like 700 in 10 different cities. And I surely need more than another 10 to be fluent. It's a lifetime process . . .

"and then show me where to find Maria and Alejandra since my curiosity's now peaked about them."

You have got to be fucking kidding! After all those flames about these ladies and the posts concerning them, you and Otto have an irrevocable lifetime ban on meeting either, especially Maria! Completely off limits . . .

Dickhead
11-09-03, 04:25
Better DBA than Razor, I'm thinking :)

DownBA
11-09-03, 13:20
Dickhead, vos is definitely a bit more widespread than just Uruguay, Argentina and Honduras. Believe it or not, in certain parts of El Salvador they use it too. But the info that they use it only when criticizing or talking to children is nonsense, they use it in place of tu but with the added twist that they're talking to someone they're very close with.

The abuSAme thing isn't just limited to Porteños, they speak that way in Tucuman province and in Mendoza province too and probably throughout Argentina with a few exceptions but I wouldn't judge where they do and don't from one person since some people affect different speak patterns. For instance, I know one slightly quirky Porteño that has affected a Madrileño's speach pattern, complete with tu and the lisped c and z sounds.

Re Argentine, Argentinian and Argentinean, they're all correct and accepted in the order they're written above, however, I can tell you that Sports Illustrated used Argentinean on a cover once, so that's good enough for me. Lastly on that point, I think the last person you should be consulting on that point is an Argentinian person, you'd be better off consulting an English professor on that one.

Finally, Prokofiev, now that I know you've taken over 700 lessons and still aren't fluent, I renew my comment that you're the last one I'd listen to on these matters, sounds like you're linguistically challenged! DownBA

MeGustaBoliches
11-09-03, 23:06
Posts about Maria were way more interesting than which vowel to accent.....just my opinion...

MeGustaBoliches
11-10-03, 13:59
Tallnhandsome (modest sort of guy) asks on the hotel thread :What is a BA club? Here is my answer. Others feel free to chime in....

I assume you are talking about chica clubs since you are posting on the WSG forum.

The answer is that clubs with pros abound in BA and have differing personalities. There are sedate clubs, such as Cutty Sark (downtown on Reconquista) where one can drink and carryon conversations without having to shout over the music. Girls will not hassle you. They are there, sittling in a line waiting for your signal, but you will need to make the first move.
Quality varies in this established, traditional bar. The bartender will bring you snacks to go with your drink....think unrushed, devoid of hassles. No cover.

In Recoleta on Guido is Afairre, a club where you will be expected to pay a cover which includes credit toward the purchase of drinks. Girls will approach you here, and the music is louder....Girls here will pole dance, unlike Cutty Sark.

Sex is off premises in virtually all clubs that cater to tourists. The exceptions are clubs that appeal to locals, that might have been discovered by tourists....thanks to pioneers such as Andres....

Drink prices vary by club.....ask the waiter of bartender.....

Guys, feel free to add to this thread to help a BA newbie...

DownBA
11-10-03, 16:16
MeGustaBoliches, I agree with your comment 100%. Sorry I veered onto such a ridiculous topic for a forum about getting laid in one of the most wonderful cities I've ever been to in the world! I pledge to only post about getting laid in Argentina from now on! DownBA

PS MeGustaBoliches, your handle should be MeGustanBoliches (sorry, couldn't resist but you have to add the n if you're referring to liking something plural, right Dickhead?) LOL LOL (please don't anyone retaliate, it's really meant to be a joke)

James D 2004
11-11-03, 03:11
If you originate from US, good price consolidated tickets to the world can be found at:
http://www.airtravel.net

and lookalikes outlets (same engine).

Being consolidated tickets (very expensive to change anything if at all), the price are usually good, apart from those internet specials from VARIG for example. The problem of VARIG is that from LA there's no guarantee what exact route they will give me and the duration of connection flight. Stopping over in Brazil makes things more complicated - focus. Non-realtime system and can't telephone them. I don't want my credit card to be held up for days or weeks. Similiar to but easier to use than discountfare, and got tickets while discountfare soldout.

Airtravel.net - I have been trusting them for long hauls. Realtime system, so you book what they have for sure. All done online but if you call them up during office hours and they always pick up the phone in no time to confirm things. E ticket or mail to you. You're not supposed to know the carrier name before paying but usually you can guess. Therefore you get all the details before you book and pay.

I picked Miami flights on both direction and end up with United. It seemed like the most humane flight available. It's too easy to screw up the first day and the whole trip. If I arrive in good shape I can start in the afternoon. Maybe I should book company in the afternoon.

I'm not working on the clubs yet, but it's good to know what's the cover and drinks of the expensive ones (Black's?) compared to the less expensive ones. Because the price of pussy are about the same - unpredictable.

Is areavip any good? The pictures themselves are quite good and clear, compared to other sites, and lots of them, eg:

http://www.areavip.com.ar/chicas/atina/pagina/fotosing.htm

What's the price range?

BTW, I know some of the info must have appeared somewhere before. But please understand that if you work too hard too focus to dig up info, making notes leaving paper or electronic trails, it's easy to get caught. You don't want that, or do you?

Dickhead
11-11-03, 04:12
I'm sorry, DBA, did you mean "liking" something plural or was that a typo and you meant "licking" something plural? Because for plural licking a good thing to do is go to Nuevo Estilo and buy both fake lesbians for a reasonable price.

PS Ha Ha Andrés says I'm right and you're wrong about the accents, as does my PhD Porteña friend, but I will appoint you an honorary dickhead (but not capitalized) for pointing out MGB's misuse of the verb form. You're right about that. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while. "Encantar" works the same way, among other verbs.

DownBA
11-11-03, 10:00
Dickhead (Cabeza de Pija, Cabeza de Poronga, maybe simply Poronga, we need to appoint you a Castellano handle that really suits you since you're Mr. BA) Win some, lose some Dickhead, that's the way it goes. Should've known better than to pick a fight with a PMF (my acronym for pedantic mother fucker). lol

"Because for plural licking a good thing to do is go to Nuevo Estilo and buy both fake lesbians for a reasonable price."

For the record, just don't forget that if you go back far enough in these very BA posts and also that "other forum's" that we won't mention, you'll see that it's true that old DBA was the pioneer that lead the way for all the rest of the AMA to experience the delights of Nuevo Estilo and I'm damn proud of it!! So does this merit a second honorary dickhead award? Chau, DownDA

MeGustaBoliches
11-11-03, 13:26
Damn, as if I don't have enough trouble being PC now I have to worry about being gc (gramatically correct). ! Well, at least it's comforting to know you two penes agree about something, even if it is at my expense.

But Megustanboliches just doesn't have the same ring to it, incorrect or no....besides if I switched screen names Jackson would make me start over as a junior member....

Enough of this shit. I'm ready to hear some good pussy stories DBA!

Tell us about how you pioneered Nuevo Estilo. How your dick got hard as you walked in the joint....and how you couldn't wait to get to the crib and bang the cchica of your dreams.....

And you , DH, tell us about your first time with Maria from Sanitago de Estero? What turned you on about her? What seperated her from the other trabajadoras de la noche in your mind? Por favor, anything but more grammatica....lol

We are sitting around the campfire waiting....regale us with your wisdom...

Dickhead
11-11-03, 13:45
Nuevo Estilo RULES and I shall have some more stories about it in a few weeks. I'm gonna get that virgin barmaid, Valéria, or die trying. Right now I am stuck in the land of squishy bread and squishy women and so maybe that is why I am preoccupied with such things as grammar and syntax. Let's just hope they don't raise the syn tax in BA before I can get back down there.

"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

DownBA
11-11-03, 22:16
Thanks for asking MeGustan....as I've already well cronicled in this fine forum, I stayed down the block on the corner of la Pampa and Cazadores two years in a row while here on business,(Hotel Golf Tower, a perfectly acceptable apart hotel with full kitchen, daily maid service, etc, right across the street from a great park) sort of did a reverse commute to la Recoletta, which is fine, by the way fellas, this place is off the "beaten" path. The security guard realized I was all alone in a far away city one night and told me about this great place 5 minutes down the street by foot, told me the girls strip, do lesbian shows and most importantly, told me you could do the nasty with the fine ladies. So with that off I went for the AMA's pioneer visit to Nuevo Estilo Boliche on la Pampa in Belgrano, BA, Argentina.

My first night I just felt things out and watched the nice lesbian shows and a few "despedidas" or bachelor parties as they say DownBA and wanted to go upstairs with this cutie of a 21 year old doll named Silvana but she was quite the busy one and by 3 am I'd had enough waiting and told her I'd be back for her the next night.

Well, true to my word I went back and had a few drinks with the young lady, then we headed upstairs. We first took off our clothes and stepped into the shower together to freshen up whereupon she looked at me in my birthday suit and told me "Que lindo!!!" and then kneeled down and started out with a great bbbj right there in the shower. We toweled off, went to the bedroom and patted each other down some more and then she gave me some more great bbbj, then threw a raincoat on my quite hard missile and off we went for round one. Great stuff!!! Still hear the "Que Lindo" part ringing in my ears, these girls have such a nice way of turning us gringo's on. Round two, more "Que lindo" and more great bbbj, more screwing in missionary, doggie and any other position I wanted. I was hooked! Decided to cronicle my experience for my AMA buddies rather than keeping it a well-kept secret and the rest in history. DownBA (do I get another honorary Dickhead award for this find Cabeza Poronga?)

Wiz Banger
11-14-03, 01:33
Does anyone have experience with the internet girls on freewoman.com.ar? Are the women shown really available? They are incredibly hot. Are these $150 pesos/hour girls?

Any info is appreciated.

wiz

Daniel B
11-14-03, 19:34
They ARE too good to be true, i.e., the pictures are fake. For instance the girl in the pics under "Veronica" is Kyla Cole, a famous adult model who is, IMHO, about the hottest girl on Earth.

Saludos

Daniel

El Aleman
11-15-03, 13:29
Wiz Banger:

I do not know freewomen. But, frankly, this looks too good, I would suspect that it is not real, and somebody else shows up. Plus, the pictures look very professional, and maybe airbrushed.

The 2 sites where what you see is (mostly) what you get:

www.escorts-argentina.com
www.platynum com.ar

with the first, I have (good) personal experience.

have fun!
El Aleman

DownBA
11-15-03, 15:51
Exxon, I say go for the trip to Colonia and Montevideo with the little newbie honey from Newport. This trip is likely one you'll have great memories of til your last days on earth. Sitting around Jackson's apartment and watching video of beautiful chicas can NEVER compare to having a great girlfriend experience with an Argentinian girl that you actually click with and who has 3 "orgasmos"! You only live once man, go for the gusto! Hope you're not the seasick type!

I'm thinking of planning my 5th trip down to BA for the first week of December, there are some great specials on despegar.com at the moment. Let me know if any of you guys are going to be down there so we can check out some great local action. DownBA

Jaztasy
11-15-03, 19:16
I may be in BA from12-23-01-02-04. is the action good even though it is the holiday season? Also are the room rates high or low?

James D 2004
11-15-03, 22:54
From the online translator that likes bowling instead of boliches, here is the world keyboard:

http://babel.altavista.com/babelfish/kb

testing ... ñàè

Need a little bit to get use to. Pick Spanish to whatever translation and pick Spanish keyboard. Have to close the keyboard picture to type. Then hit translate. Because you cannot copy the char in the source box, but you can in the translated box. Make sure that the character you want don't translate. Good if you don't have XP, or in an internet café - all you need is a browser (Java enabled).

Now, which hotels have Web TV? It's quite common in LA business suites. I don't know why because a portable will be fairly common.

Sean EZ
11-17-03, 06:38
Hey fellas,

Is it true what I hear about Argentinian girls that they prefer Europeans to American guys and also think that they are all that? I admit from what I see they are hot, they must be, but I need to know this before I am going. The reason I want to spend a couple of months seriosly learning spanish. And I of course would like to score regular girls (and semipros) for the most part - I admit the women is the main reason why I am going. I am talking walking up to them in malls, discos, dance classes, etc. How easy is it to meet quality women there? (I am not talking true love, I am willing to spend some money on a hot babe). I am blond/blue eyes, 30, muscular, dress well. I usually do ok with girls.

But I have no idea what it would be like in Argentina, so I'd really really appriciate a couple of honest opinions on the subject. I am also considering Venezuela at this point but I am a little concerned with the political thing going on there at the moment.

And also I prefer european looking brunette types, what is rough ratio blonds/brunettes in BA?

Thanks all.

Andres
11-17-03, 14:09
Sean EZ:

Many BA girls (porteñas) have European origins, and many of them hold EU passports, so it is natural for them to feel somewhat like Europeans.

If you want to meet easy-going girls, you will find at ease here, but take into account that women are human beings and, after all, they have the same requests all around the world: You will have to render them courtship and attention if you want to score for free.

Hope this helps,

Andres

El Aleman
11-17-03, 15:17
Sean EZ:

another issue: if you "seriosly learn spanish" in Buenos Aires, everybody in the spanish speaking world will know where your language is from after you uttered the first 3 words. The Rioplatense dialect spoken in Buenos Aires is quite different from spanish spoken in Spain and for examle Mexico. A good source about that issue is www.angelfire.com/ego/pdf/ng/arsp.html.

There are more brunettes than blondes, and this would increase even more, if all the blondes would be converted back to their original hair color...

Besides the dialect (and / or if you don't mind that, or take care of it) nothing speaks again Buenos Aires, quite to the contrary!

Sean EZ
11-18-03, 06:14
Thanks everyone for replying.

By "seriosly learn spanish" I meant taking a serios effort at improving my basic high school spanish :) I traveled to south of Brazil and I loved the women there, but I coulnd't justify a protracted stay. Anyways Argentinian spanish does sound quite different, but it's still spanish and it will keep me busy. I also read reports there are some very good quality spanish courses available.

From what I saw so far the pro quality in Argentina is increadibly high, lots of variety, the country is safe, and an added advantage is Brazil is a short flight away.

One last question: is it generally accepted 30+ men dating younger girls in Argentina (18-25)? I notice that many of my friends here in US date/marry women their own age, and it's rare I see 30+ year olds here with 20 yo girls.

Thanks so much again.

Hi Sean EZ,

One of the cool things about Latin society is that it's generally accepted that men will date women younger than themselves. Both of my girlfriends are 20 years younger than me, and no one ever raises an eyebrow when we are in public.

Jackson

EZE_Amante
11-19-03, 10:53
Does anyone know if the manager at Henry Bean's can be bribed to show an american college football game, say...maybe this Saturday? I am an Ohio State alum, and will be in BA this Friday. This will be the first OSU vs Mich game I've missed in more than 30 years, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

EZE :)

OttoGraham
11-19-03, 14:53
EZE,

Why would you want to watch the Buckeyes get their asses whipped? ;)

But honestly, for a price anything can be accomplished. I suggest you do the bribing in advance, though.

I am not sure if college football games are available to you in Buenos Aires, not even on satellite. Have you seen games at Henry J. Bean's before?

Perhaps you might want to check with the management at both Hooters and the World Sports Cafe in advance, to see if they might have this programming available, too.

By the way, Sunday Night and Monday Night Football do run on the local ESPN channel. If you have a TV that has an SAP button, you can even watch the games in English.

-Uncle Otto

MeGustaBoliches
11-19-03, 17:37
EZE, Let me get this straight. You intend to fly half way round the world only to scramble around trying to find an Amercian football game on tv? Why not just do what you went to Buenos Aires to do instead of doing what you would be doing had you not gone? Comprende? To top it off, Otto is right....OSU is the luckiest, most overrated team in America. But since Michigan and the rest of the Big 10 are also overrated, OSU may win anyway....
:)

Seriously, enjoy!

EZE_Amante
11-20-03, 02:07
I knew before I posted how likely it was that I would catch alot of flak, but because I bleed Scarlet and Gray I put it out there anyway. :( I will most certainly be doing what I am going to BA to do, as much as is humanly possible. And, I intend to "relax" just prior to the game, and most probably after. In fact Plan B (for Buckeyes) is to stay in my suite, order some precious metal, and listen to the game over the internet while I score. :D

Otto, no I haven't watched any games there before, and I'm told that if there is a futbol game being played ANYWHERE in the world, I won't be able to this time either. I still intend to try though, and Hooters was one of the places where I will ask about it. Where exactly is the World Sports Cafe? Unfortunately, I think there is a very good chance that the team up north will win, but there is always hope.

Say what you will about the Buckeyes, but we do keep winning, have the best run defense in the country, and we are the DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! Big Ten over-rated? You must be thinking of the SEC or LAC10.

Oh...thanks for the bribe in advance advice Otto.

EZE :)

Dickhead
11-20-03, 02:26
All Sports Cafe is a few doors away from Newport's.

Jimbehr2000
11-20-03, 05:11
EZE_Amante: Good luck finding the game. I tried everything to watch Oklahoma-Texas a while back and All World Sports Cafe and Hooters couldn't do it. I'm told Pro football is another story. I would still try All Sports and Hooters even though it didn't work for me. If All World and Hooters don't work then go to the basement internet cafe next to New Port. I would guess the game is on a radio station that is also broadcast on the internet. If all else fails go to espn.com and check out their gametracker. You'll follow where the ball is at the moment, get stats, etc.

See you in New Orleans unless those USC dickheads (sorry Dick Head) wind up there playing us instead.

Andres
11-20-03, 15:01
EZE_Amante:

You should try to contact the American-Argentine Chamber of Commerce. Try to find the phone number on Internet or any phone book and call them. Chances are that they faced such issue before from a handful of business travelers interested in "foreign" sports.

Hope this helps,

Andres

EZE_Amante
11-20-03, 16:09
Thanks for the help everybody. I'm on my way to the airport now.

Bandy
11-27-03, 01:27
A heads-up movie recommendation for the holidays for the mongers on ground:

This week the movie "El Bonaerense" (This is an Argetinian slang for a bumpkin and it also means a member of the city's corrupted police force) has released in New York. You will get a pretty good idea about the crooked world of Buenos Aires police department. Although Director Pablo Traparo (has some other interesting works) insists that this story is about a particular man and not about the police dept. in general. A comedic twist on reality of daily life. If this movie is going on now in BA, you might want to give it a try. Highly recommended!

Have a wonderful THANKSGIVING everybody!

Bandy

Havanaman
11-27-03, 07:30
Gentlemen,

A general question,

I have experience with dentists in BA, however can someone comment on the situation with respect to medical doctors please.

Say, I'm staying in a private apartment and become sick... This is not a serious concern but information is always helpful.

Jackson has told me about visiting BA in Mid-December, and how slow things are, but its the only time frame I have...

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Havanaman

DownBA
11-27-03, 09:27
Bandy, thanks for the tip about the movie!! Actually, I'll be in BA next week and while I doubt I'll have time to go to the movies, last time I was in BA I did go with Sandy from Escortsbaires and had a really great GFE watching a Harrison Ford movie at the multi theatre complex in Recoleta in the mini mall where the Hooters is. Seems like all or most movies in BA are in English with Spanish subtitles so don't anyone that doesn't speak Spanish be deterred from enjoying one of BA's favorite passtimes. Can't wait to get down to the Copa Mundial of bedding down great young hotties!!! DownBA

Andres
11-27-03, 09:54
El Bonaerense

I totally agree with Bandy's recommendation. You can join any video club (or make a friend rent the movie for you) and rent it for ar$2. The only problem is that it is entirely spoken in Spanish, but you will figure out the meanings.

The movie occurs mainly in La Matanza district (the place many of us visited yesterday), so some of you will find the scenery quite "familiar".

----------------

Havanaman:

There are several private and reliable clinic centers (Centro Argentino de Diagnostico y Tratamiento, for instance, located at MT Alvear St and Larrea St) that can check your status and shouldn't charge more than ar$100 the visit. Think about the whole "sick" experience costing you no more than 2 chica's sessions (pills included).

Hope this helps,

Andres

Bandy
11-27-03, 19:01
Down BA,

Looks like your favorite "Sandy" is available in BA again. Looking forward to your juicy reports from ground "Zero". Have fun!

Bandy

Havanaman
11-27-03, 20:54
Andres,

Thank you for your advice. I'm not sick but it's always good to know where to go in such a situation, if I can't treat myself.

Can you comment on the slowing-down of the chica action duing the December period?

Regards, Havanaman

Hog Penny
11-28-03, 03:46
Hey DownBA,

Better grab Sandy quick as she will be leaving for a trip to Israel sometime in December I think.

Have fun,

Hogpenny

MeGustaBoliches
11-28-03, 07:57
Havanaman,

I can also recommend CEDIC, a 24hour medical treatment center with English speaking docs. The Location is Las Heras y Sanchez de Bustamante. Phone 4808-8100. I have sent several non-Spanish speakers to CEDIC for treatment of various ailments with much success.

Havanaman
11-28-03, 12:29
MeGustaBoliches,

Thank you for such detailed information. I hope you guys don't think I'm some sort of hypochondriac, its just that you never know... Last visit I got a tooth problem and managed to get it sorted for the equivalent of a chica... In Europe, that same treatment would have been 500% more expensive.

Thanks again. If you are in BA when I arrive, meet?

By the way, do you know, is the AMA still meeting regularly? Where and at what time?

Regards, Havanaman

MeGustaBoliches
11-28-03, 17:40
Havana,

I will be in BA until the night of the 17th of December. I would be glad to get together with you if you will arrive before I leave.

Me gustan boliches

DownBA
11-28-03, 22:18
Bandy, ironically time probably won't permit too much mongering in BA though I'm going to give it the old college try but business has to take first priority even when in the Copa del Mundo of chasing fine, young hotties!! I'm of course sorely tempted to spend time with Sandy but there are so many others on my hit list, for instance Alexia from Platynum.com and those delicious looking breasts that I'm dying to suck and fondle, that I don't know if I will or frankly where to start. I promise to have great stories to tell about possibly the first AMA gringo participating in a Northern Argentina "servicio traffic" which is sort of a Madahoes on wheels if you will where they put 15 or so girls in a mini van and drive them to your apartment and they do a strip tease and anything else you'd expect out of the Madahoes girls. I expect to be on the leading edge of another trend after this report much as I was with Nuevo Estilo Boliche! Promise to post as much about this as possible but for now I'll tell you that this is supposedly a fairly common and inexpensive form of entertainment at least for my single buddy and his northern argentinian chums where I'll be staying for about a week.

Can't wait to get there! It was great seeing you for lunch Bandy, we'll do it again when I return! DownBA

Boxing Rule 222
11-29-03, 01:19
Just remember people the Nuevo Estilo Boliche has "on site accommodations." I was quoted everything from 100 pesos for a half hour to 150 pesos for an hour that includes the accommodations.
The women at this place are unbelievable.
It cost 10 pesos to enter Monday through Wednesday and it includes a drink. On Thursday through Sunday it is 15 pesos, drink included.
They have great shows there from solo strippers to lesbian acts. The beer here cost 5 pesos each.

Clodbuster
11-29-03, 01:30
Hey Bosingrule =

Where is Nuevo Estilo Boliche? I'm headed to Argentina this spring and just started investigating the scene. Is this place in BA or ??? I've been lots of places, including an incredible time in Spain this last summer. Have you been to Spain or Europe? What beautiful women, low prices, high quality, etc.

Thanks for info.

Clodbuster

Andres
11-29-03, 13:41
Havanaman:

There's not much mistery on the holidays slow-down:

- Chicas from the interior of from neighboring countries come back home to see their families (Christmas is a VERY important familial event for Argentine families, similar to Thanksgiving for Americans in general).

- Affluent people avoid the start of the hot and humid season by visiting their "villages" at the sea or mountain, carrying their families with them. Thus, the city becomes pretty empty of "customers".

So the picture is: Less chicas (and less quality, since the most seeked ones have enough money to take a break) and less customers from 12/20 to 1/10.

Respecto to the AMA meetings, you will find the anouncements in these boards.

Hope this helps,

Andres

Thomaso276
11-29-03, 14:47
I had the opportunity to attend the Thanksgiving Dinner at Lola's restaurant this past Thursday. Here are some observations:

What a great evening! The focus, rightfully, was the WSG Charities program. It was readily apparent that Jackson, his favorita and many others have worked hard at providing a valued, legitimate manner for all of us to give a little back to those in need. Organized, structured and accurately reported information was provided to all. An opportunity for attendees to continue their largesse was provided at the party and everyone came through as expected. Feel good about this program! Jackson put in a tremendous amount of work and could give lessons to some USA charities on how to run a benevolent organization with maximun impact for those in need.

The food was excellent. It was understandable that our host worried over every little detail (all good hosts do - but I knew the gravy would eventually be on the table). Personnally I thought the food was delicious, abundant and as good as any Thanksgiving dinner I have ever had. The private room was first class, very comfortable and condusive for such a gathering.

The company truly made the night special. A great combination of members, visitors, locals and beautiful women mixed together like life long friends. The party at Jackson's apartment was simply super.

In closing, you should plan on attending next year if you want to experience something unique that satisfys ALL of your basic needs.

DownBA
11-29-03, 18:41
Exon, not for nothin' as they say in certain parts of the NYC boroughs, but do you type your posts on a keyboard that doesn't have a working period? Below are a few sentences of one of your posts followed by the same ones with periods substituted for your traditional --- punctuation. Tell me if you think your content seems diluted or compromized in some way by the proper use of the periods:

"Exon Reporting: Again I want to second Stormy´s opion on Santa Fe 1707 --- As this Mongering at 3 & 4 in the morning just doesn´t get it for me --- High quality, competitive price & good service --- OK --- Now as I last reported I left Rosealee hanging for the WS I latter told to Vamanose --- Yesterday while shopping on Florida street, (no one ever reports on this, but theres some great bargains there) I dropped into Cafe Orleans for lunch --- And of course there was Rosealee sitting their waiting for business ---"

Now here it is written with proper periods instead of the ---:

"Exon Reporting: Again I want to second Stormy´s opion on Santa Fe 1707. As this Mongering at 3 & 4 in the morning just doesn´t get it for me. High quality, competitive price & good service. OK. Now as I last reported I left Rosealee hanging for the WS I latter told to Vamanose. Yesterday while shopping on Florida street, (no one ever reports on this, but theres some great bargains there) I dropped into Cafe Orleans for lunch. And of course there was Rosealee sitting their waiting for business."

Sorry Exon, but I had to make this comment because the constant --- grate on my eyes and nerves. No offense meant, hopefully none taken. DownBA

Hobby Fan
11-30-03, 07:04
Down BA:

You are 100% right, of course, but Exon is a good reporter. Let leave entron policing to Jackson and avoid potential flame wars!

HF

Stand In
11-30-03, 18:07
Clodbuster and Boxing Rule 222.

I was at Nuevo Estilo last Wednesday and Saturday nights.

The address is La Pampa 687. There is no sign in front and some plants cover up the place so that it can be easily missed looking for it from a taxi. It is in the middle of the 600 block of the street called La Pampa. There is a big restaurant on the corner with a lot of glass windows, like a car showroom. A taxi costs about 7 pesos to get there from Recoleta.

Nuevo Estilo opens 11 pm and maybe earlier. But, there is no show until there are over ten customers, which would probably be no later than midnight. On Wednesday, a short show of three different girls dancing solo, one song each started before midnight. The manager told me that it is NOT open on Sundays.

Both Wednesday and Saturday nights, the charge was 15 pesos for admission which includes one drink (local brand like whiskey) or one beer (only Brahma in a can). The price for a drink is 10 pesos and the price for a beer is 5 pesos -- paid when served. Wednesday, the place was passing out free slices of pizza.

A girl told me that rooms on premise were no longer available, but there was a place nearby.

I enjoyed the entertainment and the price was right.

Stand In
11-30-03, 18:09
Jackson,

Many of us owe you at least three big thanks.

First, thanks for the three-and-half-hour Thanksgiving get-together in the private room at Lola's restaurant. It was great to meet some faces behind the handles and to get to know some really nice guys. My regret was the lack of time to talk with everyone.

Second, thanks for the midnight party at your apartment. Again more great talk with new friends and an opportunity to meet some of the ladies of Buenos Aires.

Third, thanks for all the tremendous effort you have put into WSG Charities. As you explained so well, such charitable work requires a major effort to collect funds and another major effort to give the funds to worthy people. This charity is a wonderful outlet for someone like me, who wants to contribute when I see poor people begging on the street but knows that a few coins to a couple of beggars is not a good solution.

I hope you will continue with your efforts.

Bravo!!!

Sky Ryder
11-30-03, 19:52
I too attended the Thanksgiving dinner at Lola's with my novia and had a wonderful time. It was nice to meet some of the posters and put faces with handles.
I thought the food was tasty and plenty, and it was interesting to see a non- American chef prepare a meal that is designed around a very American holiday. It was done very well. Roxana and Jackson had done a great job, and Roxana had what appeared to be a wonderful selection of ladies available after dinner at the "kings" apartment.
It did my heart good to be a small part of the what the WSG charity is able to accomplish and the story that Jackson told about the trip they made to the comidoes the day prior was extraordinary.
I hope that I am able to attend next years festivities, and as Thomas noted you owe it to yourself to make the effort as well.

As a side note, I would expect that Lola's would make a great place for a normal meal, nice ambience and the menu looked good as well.

Boxing Rule 222
11-30-03, 21:01
Nuevo Estilo (in Belgrano) is on La Pampa- 800 block- half a block from the intersection with Figueroa Alcorta. If you walk from Figueroa Alcorta going north the place will be half a block. You can hear the music coming from the building.

JimHart69
11-30-03, 23:13
Looking for some help! I am planning a little family vacation and wondering if there is good places to take a family ages 5, 7, 13, 16 and the wife to have family fun in Argentina? Beach and tour stuff? But also is there any day time action that a father can go have some fun on his own? M.P., Bars and Short time house? What are some good places to stay? Any help would be great?

Please contact me via a private message using the WSG Forum's Private Message service.

Andres
12-01-03, 00:20
JimHart:

The places I can think about are, in order of preference:
1) Mar del Plata (beach)
2) Bariloche (mountains)
3) Iguazú (waterfalls, shopping and tours)

Don't expect much daytime action, though (at least, not with the variety and quality available at BA).

If you have money to burn, I recommend you to bring your family to Buzios: Your children can be surveilled at a resort and you can travel to Rio with your wife. You leave her at a big mall and you hit the termas.

Hope this helps,

Andres

MeGustaBoliches
12-01-03, 11:28
Jim Hart,

Contact Mayra to help with travel details www.argentinago.com.

1. MDP.

If you go to Mar del Plata, there is a condo complex one block from the beach. Nicest condos in town. Mayra will know the exact name, but I think it is Manitilas (not sure, but this is close).

There is a less expensive option on the beach in the downtown area...less than a block from the casino...Bristol Condos.....not air conditioned, but with a sea breeze it is tolerable in the summer.

2. Bariloche.

If mountains are more your thing, Bariloche is ok...but I prefer San Martin de los Andes or Mendoza. In San Martin there are condo options, but the Patagonia Plaza hotel is very nice! Horseback riding, boating and hiking are all available here.

In Mendoza there is ww rafting, horseback riding, and vienyard tours to consider. NOt sure of aparthotels, but the Hyatt is spectacular. Apartments here offer day time action. Check the classifieds.

3. Iguazu. Not sure of day time action.

4. in Buenos Aires, consider art Suites as your hq...spacious two bedroom condos in an aparthotel....there are enough activities to keep you busy a couple of days in BA, with opportunities to slip away....

Hog Penny
12-01-03, 23:31
Hello,

I will post a post trip wrap up soon but wanted to get in a timely thank you to Jackson for arranging the 2nd Annual WSG dinner at Lola's. The food and company were great, hard to believe that a restaurant in BA could preset a great T-Day dinner. Was also interesting to meet the pilot of my return flight, tip of the hat to Sky Ryder.

Just want to conclude in saying that Jackson's efforts to run and promote the WSG charity are well intentioned and even better executed. I think many if not most of us were happy to put something in the jar back at the party after dinner and I hope to be in town for the next dispersement effort.

This is an amazing town and I hope to return soon. Good to have this venue to give a little back.

Salud!

-Hogpenny

James D 2004
12-03-03, 19:02
My kind of food and drink but don´t belong to the restaurant session. Supermarket Norte is the one for central Recoleta within walking distance and good selection. Disco is even closer but I didn´t checked out. For seafood you have to go to Coto that you can also walk but closer to the tourist hotels near the cemetry. Large trunk of sea going lean Salmon for 8 peso, how fresh depends on the day of the week. They even have wasabi and soy source on sale, but I carried over in my baggage. St. Felicien cabernet 25 peso. Beat that in a resturant.

For beef I don´t see much of the familiar cuts. But I found a local cut that looks like bacon. First I put it in the flat toaster, using it a bit like Japanese hot plate. Excellent. Then I found that it´s even better for use in Shabu Shabu, dipping the meat lightly in boiling water, also a Japanese style. You do the same for vegetables. I don´t even need to wash the dish much. My so called kitchenlette openned my eyes as they managed to pack everything into a bookshelf. But now it´s about the best Japanese restaurant in town.

OttoGraham
12-03-03, 21:11
Tall,

If you like Japanese food, Dashi, which I reviewed in the Restatuants section, is excellent.

In addition, Renault Museum, another restaurant, has excellent sushi. Its information is also in the Restaurants section.

I've eaten at each place several times and give them my recommendation.

-Uncle Otto

DownBA
12-04-03, 03:20
Am in BA for a few days, just got here today and didn't waste anytime getting started. Spent an unbelievable few hours with Bibiana of Platynum.com and escortsbaires.com. For my money the girl's living doll. I don't think the pics do any justice to this Brazilian goddess that grew up in BA so is thoroughly Argentinian and Brazilian. After I have her a really great dose of DFK and DATY she returned the favor by giving me a awesome bbbj, then we tried several different positions. Despite the fact that the breasts look a little artificial in the pics, I'm here to tell you that I'm certain that they're naurally big and firmm but hard as I tried could find any signs of any surgery scars. Bibiana and I had a real gfe but remember that your milage will fary. I give her body a 9 and her attitude a 10, just as sexy as I could desire. DownBA

DownBA
12-04-03, 09:19
Fellow AMA members, wanted to add a note about Madahoes from last night, where the ratio of hotties to men was very favorable, but I tried offering $150 pesos to a Dominicana but she walked away saying the girls no longer leave for less than $200, but I was spent from Bibiana earlier so I really hadn't any intention of leaving with her anyway. Also, got stuck paying for a $50 peso drink because I was trying to be nice to the Dominicana. I know 50 pesos is only about a $16 or $17 difference but since I was spent I used the difference as an excuse not to leave with the chica. Lots of delectable looking silicone enhancements in the club last night and lots of perfect little colitas too! Think Madahoes is still worth checking out but I love visiting the chicas in their own private apartments whenever they have one as does Bibiana. DownBA

Stormy
12-04-03, 14:18
I have been asked where I buy my Cialis.

I buy it at Puerto Modero at Farmacias Nuevo Puerto. The address is: Alicia De Justo 146. This is an upscale pharmacy and they usually have the 4 tablet packs available or can get them rapidly. Many other pharmacies have Cialis as well, but usually in the 1 tablet pack and only a small inventory because the tablets are expensive. The cost for me has been about 29 pesos per tablet or about 10 dollars US. This contrasts with New Zealand where the cost was about 15 dollars US per tablet. Cialis has been approved in the US and I assume the cost here will be about 50 dollars a tablet. Cialis does work nicely for me and the effects last about 36 hours. As they say, your milage may vary. I have no investment in Lilly, but am thinking about it.

Stormy

James D 2004
12-04-03, 20:21
Airport: although it´s the capital´s international airport, but from what I see the throughput and size looked like a European ski resort. So you can´t miss anything. Right out the custom exit is the bus and remis counters. Bus for 7US I think and remis 19US. Bus stops at hotel doors so it could be a bit slow for a full plane load. I'm told that the bus don't actually take you to the hotel but another transit vehicle does. Credit card accepted so you can skip the bank and use the numerous ones say in Recoleta. If you get totally out of the restricted area to the other side of the same counter, nobody seemed to response. Same for the bank right at the custom exit. There´s two sides but one is better than the other. The ATM is at the side outside of the restricted area. The day it broke. There´s one nearby I´m told but I don´t need it.

Transport: taxi driver did a good job for tourism. Most taxi I took round or truncation down the small changes. Looking like 15 helps a bit but there are other reasons. One pointed out that what he gave me back is a whole peso, so he is not overcharging me. Another felt insulted when I took out and show him the map, but need my direction at the final stage anyway. Another rightfully dropped me at the main cross section rather than going into narrow stinky street. Despite the cautions, because the taxi´s are like a school of fish, the chance that you got a bad one is about the same that you got a bullet in LA, or dodge one. However, the younger drivers are really aggressive. Normally it´s the taxi who found the passenger. But if you want to find the taxi, there are always some outside of hotels, which must have passed by the visual inspection of hotel securities. In a way BA resembles an Asian city and European city so it´s easy to walk around. And I saw respectable single girls walking around in narrow streets at 2am in Recoleta. The streets are still not dead at the time and there are security guards in most buildings. So in one street you have some 20 guards watching the streets. But I´m not sure whether they are 24 hr. In contrast, the brothel apartments that I went, the guards are usually not there when they are supposed to.

Banks: Recoleta has lots of banks lining up on a main street. Several familiar names so unfriendly ATMs shouldn´t be a problem. Since most cards belongs to several systems, and that most banks list over 10 systems on the door, the ATM asked me which system to choose to draw the cash. I think the most convenient and economical is to draw via ATM straight out of your checking account or secure credit card. Citi bank has the choice of US dollars which is the currency of some club girls. Most ATM claim to speak English, but if something goes wrong, only Spanish is spoken for the error messages. It happened very often because often you are not allowed to draw the amount that you specified in one go. The first time I asked an employee to help. She tried with decreasing amounts until she decided that I am broke. She checked my balance without my permission and I think she wanted to marry me after that. My brokerage cash balance never looked so good in peso! The reason for the error is that the ATM only allowed some 100, 200 peso withdraw each at the time. Normally it´s a lot more. If you rely heavily on ATM or cash advance, be sure to tell your card company your are on holiday in Argentina. It reduce the chance that your card is blocked because of suspicious activities.

Communications:
There seemed to be as many telephone shops as tobacco shops. Small shops with at least a few glass enclosed booths that you can make phone calls. Most of these little shops also has at least a few booths with computers for internet surfing. The charge is usually half a peso for 15 minutes. I saw only one with private booths. In all other shops you can see the screen next to you, or even the whole row in front of you. Unless you are bold you need a laptop to surf for the internet girls. But if you surf there you can make calls in the telephone booths right away. I saw only one shop that is actually a restaurant with a few computers. All have no food and drink except for a bottle of coke. But you can always smoke.

They have a CDMA PCS network. So my Sprint phone is actually compatible. I was surprised to receive phone calls but I didn't answer. I only use my phone as a free, portable, auto time zone clock to sync my watch until it ran out of battery.

James D 2004
12-04-03, 20:36
I wanted to thank my trip sponsor Fry´s electronics. I got a speaking Franklin translator, which is a subject of previous threads, from them for 99 and if I return it that´s free I think.

The typing window must be some 100 character long. So all chicas think that the Franklin can translate a sentence and type away happily. Wishful thinking. Couldn´t stop them. The backspace is in english so most chicas give up on that. So if you are into internet girls as well, bringing a laptop is the best option. Internet translators are much better and there are research engines on the net that speaks.

The advantage is that it´s also a spell checker so good for Brazilians who mispell spanish words, and that you don´t need to type the accents. For the speaking part, if you type in an english word, you cannot select to speak the equivalent spanish words. You have to change language and type in the spanish word to speak it. Otherwise it would be much more convenient. Though you can type in a complete sentence and the speaker can manage it. I can imagine you can type the spannish pass phrase for visiting apartments and use the speaker over the intercom.

Miami Bob
12-06-03, 12:57
AN ENGLISH SPEAKING CAB DRIVER named Gerado Pettigrew is highly recomended. Gerado's mom was an American opera singer touring South America who fell in love and married a Porteno. Gerado's english is fluent and he is an honest, decent man. Gerado only works 8am to 6pm. He gives a pretty good tour with a very reasonable hourly rate or will take you anywhere in the area and translate. He helped my brother negociate to buy a used rolex for a very, very good price.

GERADO has a friend, Eduardo, who drives nights whose english isn't completely fluent, but can carry on a reasonable conversation and translate.

Gerado Pettigrew - 15 53 375 0542 cel phone. If the phone is off, please leave a callback number and he'll call back sounding like a guy from the usa. Have Gerado make the arrangements for an introduction to the night driver, Eduardo. You will get better service from Eduardo this way.

Dickhead
12-06-03, 15:11
I wanted to thank mongers B69, Slick1, and EZEAmante for looking up María and having her call me over Thanksgiving weekend. It was a real treat. Thanks especially to B69 who arranged it. It was pretty funny because right after I hung up with her, the phone rang again and for some reason I answered in castellano and it was Corina. So I got to talk to my three favorite Porteñas in the same day, having had lunch with my Porteña (soon to be ex) co-worker. Thanks, guys. I owe you one or two or three. Also Stormy, María says hello and thinks you are a great guy.

It doesn't look like I will be able to get down there for a while as I have a new job in Europe starting real soon and air fares are prohibitive over Christmas, but I will do my best to get down there in March for two weeks. Still plan to spend the winter (theirs) down there.

James D 2004
12-07-03, 02:25
After check out at 3 pm, toured one apartment and stayed one hour in Santa Fe 1707. Went to an Internet place, they are everywhere, to get address of the Spa. A bit short of time and luckily decided against it.

My plan was to pick a taxi from the streets and go to the airport. If I stayed in the hotel I would have called an airport taxi to pick me up. How wrong can it be? I heard that drivers don't know the way but that's unlikely. If you start in Central and around, even I can follow the road signs to get there.

So I tried to pick a radio taxi, rarely they are not, so the driver can call for help if we comes to that. Since I half heartedly waved a few, they didn't noticed me. Then I was attracted to this older man and he spotted me too. Seeing that his taxi has radio I went in after he turned the corner. He was bald in the middle of his head and his other hairs are short, few, grey and white. He's skinny too. It's very reassuring. I said "aeroporto?" and he thought for a second. Then he looked at me eye to eye, gave me an approval nod, and said OK seriously. I took out a hand written note with the full Spanish name of the airport and terminal so there will be no mistake. There shouldn't be as all the airport road signs are to EZE so I can follow too.

Then I noticed that the photo on the taxi license is a man in his prime. I gave him the benefit of the doubt as that must be his picture when he first started some 30 years ago. Then I realized that the taxi is an older model. With the standard painting you don't notice that much on the outside but you can tell by the shape of the car that are older models. That's not a problem I thought, but there's no seat belt for me for the first time. If ever you need a seat belt, that's the journey since there are fast toll roads.

The traffic at city center is still crawling at the evenings so I was lucky that I didn't go to the Spa for another hour or two. Once out of the center he showed me the time out sign and wanted to stop. That scared me but not for long. He stopped right there at the hard shoulder on a busy fly over. He then rushed off and opened the trunk. If he stopped elsewhere I would have jumped out of the car. He took out a tank of water, opened the front and filled it up. I was relieved. Then I remembered his expression when I said aeroporto. It was a Japanese style reassuring nod, to say that 'OK, we WILL get there.' I prayed.

The advantage of airport taxi or remis is that there is two toll to pay. The remis would go for the odd automatic payment lane while all other cars use manual payment lane. There's a large number of lanes but you will save valuable time if the worst come to the worst. After he paid the toll he drove right toward a uniform man holding a long gun high up all ready to shoot. I was stoned in my seat. Luckily the uniform man was not pointing his gun toward me. He wasn't bothered nor alarmed. What a relief when I saw that the driver asked for permission to stop by the roadside again and took out his tank of water. It was like formula one pitch stop, he is professional. So I prayed again, for the radiator, the engine and all that.

I think there's a minor traffic accident so the first half of the journey was not as smooth. The later half was all in high gear and he didn't need to bring out his water tank again. Or so I thought. At 500m to airport he tried to apparently run down a uniform woman again. After some serious conversation between the driver and the uniform woman, Japanese style, I realized that he wasn't stopping to fill his tank. Soon I realized that he must be asking for direction. I never saw any man asking for direction this way - in front of the public, without hesitation, without excuse, without guilt, without shame. After all, he is a taxi driver. An older man has his attractions. He didn't understanding when I said A, so I tried keeping him on the A track and at the same time hurriedly brought out my note with the big A on. Finally I ARRIVED.

The bill was less than 33 peso inclusive of all the tolls, which was a lot less than some remis that I didn't expected. I gave him a bit extra so that he and his car can at least take it easy on the way back - both of them will last longer. We were in an relaxed atmosphere after all that. He gave me the thumbs up probably thanking me for the insight to pick him and his mobile, or for trusting him to the end without moving a muscle. I was stoned till then. I gave him the thumbs up too as that ride sure beat Disney's.

I went to express check in and I wasn't late if not for the stupid airport tax, which you have to queue to pay. It was an European ski resort type of airport but all the planes like to fly together so the lines can be long. Boarding must have started so I gave up duty free and rushed into cambo, exchanged my 45 peso for 15 dollars. But the duty free is too much temptation. After clearing custom I picked up two cartons of Marlboro anyway and tried to pay. Cigarette's at that price can kill you a lot faster. Usually the down town price is better but they don't have whole cartons. But I always get two packs. If I happened to run into the same shop again the guy would ask me whether I need two and laughed. At duty free the woman some distance away disapproved my purchase. In perfect English she said something like buy 4 and get 1 free. The guy in front of me repeated again in perfect English and I don't understand a word. I was thinking I have 20 packs and what are you talking about 4? I need to rush. But the guy went out of the counter to fetch a 5 carton package for me. Now I fully understand but I never thought I will buy some 5 cartons, the number is just too big for me to appreciate. As a decent traveler I always intended to put the 2 carton into my bag, but impossible for 5, as I also has in my bag unfinished soy source, wasabi, pack of organic sugar, light oil, instant cappuccino packs, and rice. With that package it's less than a dollar a pack, good heavens! With the second security check shared by all the united planes flying in formation, there's delay and I wasn't that late comparative speaking.

Prokofiev
12-07-03, 03:39
Hey Tall,

Thanks for that 3 page taxi story. Just what I was looking for . . .

Dickhead
12-07-03, 04:56
Or you could take the bus to the airport. It's cheaper and they don't make a lot of water stops. BTW they (Manuel Tienda León)do NOT NOT NOT stop at hotels on the way into town from the airport despite what some liar posted recently. They go downtown and then if you need to go to a hotel it is a van from downtown to there, which does indeed take some time (20-40 minutes IME). Those in a hurry can spend 3-5 pesos Ar for a taxi from downtown if they do not wish to wait.

Havanaman
12-07-03, 07:57
I must agree with DH & Prokofiev!!

The remis potential is by far my preferred method of transport to / from the airport. Organised by Mayra: safe, comfortable and fixed price, you can’t go wrong. Ok, so you pay a few dollars more, big deal, maybe equivalent to a couple less packs of smokes…

T – 5: Havana!
T – 10: BA!

I can’t wait…

Regards, Havanaman

El Aleman
12-07-03, 12:35
Dickhead,

getting decent airfares from Europe to Bs.As. can be a real pain in the ass. I booked a trip starting next week in May this year, could not get anything cheaper than 1000 Euro on LH or Varig, and could not pick the days I wanted. Alitalia and Iberia seem to be a bit easier. And, ultra high season should be over mid to end January.

One tip: Swiss (former Swissair) flies out of Zurich directly Bs.As., and they offer tickets between Euro 500 and 600. One website to try: www.flug.de. It's in German, but filling out these forms where and when is straightforward.

I hope this helps,

El Aleman

p.s. where in Europe are you going to be?

MeGustaBoliches
12-07-03, 15:23
dickhead,

Maria sends greetings. I have looked for her several times on purpose to no avail. Last night, when I was exiting the locutorio at Paraguay and Florida, she stopped me....when she told me who she was I had to smile....I was exhausted, so did not go out with her....but I did say hi for you......and that you obviously thought highly of her.....

me gustan boliches...

Capt Dave
12-07-03, 16:04
Miami Bob

Thanks for the tip on the cab driver, but you have an extra digit in the phone number, I think?

CaptDave

James D 2004
12-07-03, 17:27
DH, I can't commend on the bus scene as I stated that I don't even know the price for sure. From the writing by some bus advocate, it read as though you are carried to your hotel door. I always wondered how and so I didn't take the bus to check in. Funny that nobody stated where is the bus terminal so I didn't bother to find out and took the taxi straight to the airport. After a week in BA I discovered that the taxi service is just about the best in the world - can't think of a city that equals that in quantity, price and attitude.

There are also good reasons to take a remis. I picked the Miami flight, gave up beef and the irresistible wine to go with it. (On the way back I discovered that what I had missed - Filet Mignons rare and just about the best wine ever on a smaller plane.) Live on juice and water, slept well. I did knock down two girls (both holes) on arrival. In addition, I tried both sides of the counter, walking in and out of the restricted area, and found that one side is obviously better than the other. When being asked whether I want a remis or bus, it looked like a trick or treat question, so a remis can't be wrong. If I know the airport is that leisurely, I would have accepted to be picked up by a driver.

Miami Bob
12-08-03, 05:42
CAPT DAVE,

Gerado Pettigrew, the taxi cab driver who speaks fluent english charges either the meter or ARG$10 per hour. He should be tipped to minimally cover the cel phone charges. Eduardo, the night guy is also pretty good, but I can't I can't say enough good stuff about Gerado. I called his home from the USA to arrange for my airport pickup. His home phone is answered by his wife also who doesn't speak english and probably would want to know about Gerado transporting chicas for you.

Gerado's cel is 15 5375 0542 He leaves the cel off while driving, but will promptly call you back, leave a call back number.

Hi Miami Bob,

I personally would be very reluctant to call and schedule any taxi driver in advance to pick me up at the airport. Think about it. Here you are, an American coming to BA to play with the chicas, most probably with a substantial amount of currency (by Argentina standards) on your person, and you're calling a stranger who you only really know by their phone number, to announce your arrival and asking them to come and get you.

I know, you think that you know this guy because you "bonded" during an earlier trip, although what you percieved as friendship may have influenced by your own experiencing of the "stranger in a strange land" phenomenom. However, let's assume that you have found a totally cool, totally upright, totally honest guy, you have to understand that he has brothers, sisters, friends and other acquaintances that may not be as honest as he is. The scenarios are endless, but to illustrate the possibilities, consider just this one:

His wife's sister overhears him make the pickup arrangement over the telephone during a visit to his house, or the wife brags to a friend about her husband's new business catering to visiting Americans, and how in fact on such and such a day and time he is going to the Airport to pick up just such a new, valuable customer. The sister or girlfriend tells her boyfriend, and the boyfriend tells his friend. Mysteriously, in the moments before your driver is to leave for the airport, his car doesn't start or he has a flat tire, thus delaying his arrival at the airport. No problem, because the boyfriend's friend has already met you at the airport, explaining that your buddy has had a mechanical problem but that he is there instead.

Get the idea?

Anyway, in my opinion it's much safer to either take a hotel van, a regular shuttle bus, or even an Airport remis into the city from the airport. At least all of these services, including the airport remis, are documented services with drivers who have been officially licensed by the airport authorities, which means somebody knows who they are.

Just my two centavos.

Jackson

Dickhead
12-08-03, 15:14
I just flat don't see any necessity to arrange in advance for anyone to pick you up at the airport for any reason.

James D 2004
12-08-03, 16:00
DH, there's no necessity but if you think about doing a 19 hole course in a few days, and you want things to go as smooth as possible, being picked up beats lining up to pay for the remis. It cost about the same.

Dickhead
12-08-03, 17:31
The Manuel Tienda León bus is the way to go. Cheaper and just as fast if you then take a cab from the MTL station, or much cheaper and only a few minutes slower if you take their van from the station to your hotel. Also the seats are more comfortable than sitting in a taxi, and the view is better.

PS I also see no reason to arrive in BA with the "substantial amounts of currency" to which Sr. Jackson refers below. If every single ATM in BA is broken at the same time I will go to the American Express office!

OttoGraham
12-08-03, 17:52
I think Jackson gives good advice below. I also agree with DH that there's no pressing reason to carry a lot of cash with you. I normally bring no more than US$500, exchange 100 or so at Banco de la Nacion next to the Customs check, and later on take out money from ATM machines. Of course, Jackson's point was that even a couple hundred bucks is a lot of money by Argentine standards, making you a potential target.

I always use the remis service which operates from a kiosk just beyond the sliding doors exiting the customs check - something like 49 pesos one way, with a coupon for 32 pesos for the return trip. They will take you straight to your hotel, no hassles.

-Uncle Otto

HappyGoLucky
12-08-03, 22:53
"The Manuel Tienda León bus is the way to go."

I think DH is right; Manuel Leon might even be quicker because it doesn't stop at tolls while a remise has to stop. AND, having tried both, ditto that Leon is more comfortable and provides a better view!

James D 2004
12-09-03, 00:24
Now I understand how they get you to hotels if you go by bus but what it means by 30 min intervals? If the remise is equipped with automatic payment system they don't stop and go straight through the automatic lanes.

Jackson
12-09-03, 01:14
PS I also see no reason to arrive in BA with the "substantial amounts of currency" to which Sr. Jackson refers below. If every single ATM in BA is broken at the same time I will go to the American Express office!Maybe it's a bad habit, or maybe I just remember the days not too long ago when the ATMs would be cleaned out of cash every day within minutes of being restocked, but I never travel with less than a couple of grand of universally accepted US currency in my pocket. Certainly my stash of cash came in handy in just the past two weeks and the ensuing long holiday weekend, when the ongoing bank employees strike has limited the amount of currency you can withdraw from an ATM.

Anyway, I can easily envision a number of reasons why a visitor to BA might need to arrive with cash instead of relying solely on the ATMs, including:

1. A visitor who told his wife he was going sport fishing in the Bahamas for the week, but instead came to BA for some sport fucking, and he doesn't want his wife to see his withdrawals from Argentina on his bank statement.

2. A visitor who owns a bar, restaurant or other small cash business who wants to finance his trip to BA with some, ahem, unreported cash.

3. A visitor who knows that he needs several thousand dollars in US currency to pre-pay his entire rent on his new apartment because he doesn't have a local guarantor, and that's the only other way the deal would happen.

4. A visitor who knows that he needs several thousant dollars to purchase furniture, electronics, etc. for an apartment.

5. A visitor who is planning to make some real estate or other investments in BA, and he wants these investments to be hidden from prying eyes in the US, so he withdraws the cash in the US, thus ending the paper trail, and then spends it here to buy property, a business, etc.

6. Same as #5 above, except that he simply wants to accumulate a retirement fund in an Argentine bank because of the exceptional interest rates he can get at the current time.

7. A visitor who was asked to repatriate some cash for an Argentine friend with a US bank account.

Com'on guys, just use your imagination a little.

Jackson

BTW, when leaving the airport, if you go around and past the Remis booths that Otto Graham described below, to the second row of booths immediately behind the first row, you can get the same ride into town in a private remis for approximately 38 pesos.

Also, the airport ATM is probably the best place to get that first 100 pesos, because the exchange rate at the airport cambios are the worst in the country, but the ATM rate is the same at every location in the city. Of course we are talking about $30.00 USD, so WTF.

Just my 2 centavos.

Dickhead
12-09-03, 01:34
Jackson, why would you need US currency to rent an apartment down there? I pre-paid my rent down there, yes, but in pesos.

Accumulate a retirement fund in an Argentinean bank? Why not just buy a speed boat instead? :<)

Jackson
12-09-03, 01:44
Jackson, why would you need US currency to rent an apartment down there? I pre-paid my rent down there, yes, but in pesos.

Accumulate a retirement fund in an Argentinean bank? Why not just buy a speed boat instead? :<)DH,

I'm talking about an actual apartment with a two year lease, not a temporary rental.

I negotiated the lease in USD because the owner wanted the dollars and gave me a better lease rate for them.

Regarding the retirement fund, I personally wouldn't make that move, but many Argentines have decided to leave their money in Argentina banks because they are earning interest rates of 20% or more.

Jackson

OttoGraham
12-09-03, 03:10
Of course, that 20% interest rate is a reflection of the risk that the market has in Argentina. I would not deposit any money in an Argentine bank that I could not afford to have expropriated or otherwise stolen by the government, as happened to millions of Argentines within the last couple of years.

-Uncle Otto

DownBA
12-09-03, 11:24
Can't seem to post under 2003 Reports, keep getting a message that I may not be permitted to post in that section but I'm sure it's a simple glitch since I've no reason to believe that I've been banned from that section.

Last week in BA was with Bibiana, Abril and Alexia of Platynum.com and here's my take.

Bibiana and Alexia were simply just like the best flan or dulce de leche you could imagine, GFE all the way. When I arrived at Bibiana's departamento, which is pretty much around the corner from the Dazzler, she greeted me at the door with a nice kiss on the cheek, then invited me to sit down on the couch, she invited me to have a drink and then she sat next to me on the couch and we chatted about life in Argentina and all sorts of stuff in Spanish the whole time caressing each other, kissing her on the neck, hugging her, etc, etc, and then Bibiana invited me to walk the staircase screw to the bedroom on the second floor. I nearly feignted when she took her closed off and I saw her tight, firm, suntanned body. Fellas, you gotta just believe me when I tell you that the pics you see of her simply don't do any justice to her face, she's gorgeous. I started off with daty for about a half hour which she seemed to thoroughly enjoy and then she treated me to about 15 minutes of incredible bbbj. We then switched to fucking in several positions until I couldn't hold out any longer.

Abril has an awesome body except that the breasts are enhanced and you can clearly feel the structure of the enhancements right close to the skin on the sides of her breasts and I'm not too crazy about that. But the ASS on this girl is picture perfect and the legs and the rest of her body are perfect. Treated Abril to much the same as Bibiana and my 1-1/2 hour sessoin flew by seemingly in a second.

The best GFE was with Alexia, who hails from the province of Missiones. This girl has the biggest, firmest breasts I've ever seen and the rest of her body is absolutely beautiful. The moment I walked into her apartment I knew this was going to be an awesome experience by the way she planted a big wet one on my lips as we walked into the bedroom. This girl was totally into fucking and sucking and she turned me on as much if not more than Bibiana. Afterwards I invited Alexia out to dinner with Adriana, Webmistress of Platynum.com and her associate Ricardo, founder of the website and another of their associates and an Argentinian friend of mine. Alexia had told me that she wanted to spend the night with me and I said, "ESTA BIEN". She didn't ask for a penny for the all nighter and the next morning I took Alexia out for breakfast and then we went on a small shopping spree to buy her some little presents in lieu of money. All in all, the total GFE. These girls are just sooooo easy to be with, spending time with them outside of the bed is a beautiful experience too.

Happy hunting fellas, DownBA

Down BA,

You were correct, it was a technical glich that I have now corrected.

Please let me know if you are still unable to post in the BA - 2003 section.

Thanks,

Jackson

MRLA
12-09-03, 11:48
DOWNBA,

Can you list prices you payed for Bibiana, Abril, Alexia? Thanks.
Also what time of day did you visit these girls....

MRLA

MeGustaBoliches
12-09-03, 14:16
let me weigh in on some of the subjects under discussion....

agree totally with Jackson regarding a stash of cash...last weekend (a holiday here) I had a lot of trouble getting money from ATMs.....the cash came in handy, since cambios were open for exchange.....

regarding transport from the airport....I go to the taxi booth outside....reliable transport for less than the going rate inside...

OttoGraham
12-09-03, 14:33
If you stay at a hotel, by all means use the safety deposit box that the facility provides. NEVER leave your stash of cash, your passport, and your credit cards in your hotel room or in your rented apartment, if you have one. And I would strongly recommend visitors not to carry more than a couple hundred dollars in U.S. or Argentine currency (and one credit card) on them while out on the street or in the clubs. Pickpockets are not uncommon, and robbery, while as rare as in nice U.S. cities, can still happen.

-Uncle Otto

Guillermo
12-09-03, 18:52
It seems ironic that in these days of money flying around the globe at the speed of light 24/7, the best compromise I found for the cash vs. security issue was good old fashioned Amex traveller's checks. They allow you to carry large amounts of cash with relative safety. I can get them without a fee at my bank here in the States, if they are lost or stolen, you can get your money back, and what you don't use can be refunded when you return. The only hassle was having to stand in line at the Amex office a couple times. Just make sure you get there before 3:00pm, the chicas there can't wait to lock that door.

DH, good for you, working in Europe. If it's not a state secret, what part of Europe? East or West? Does this mean that we'll be seeing some posts from Prague and Moscow? Will you be trading in the chicas for the dyevooshki?

Guillermo

DownBA
12-09-03, 21:14
MRLA,

They were all basically working on $100P per hour. Money well spent. Especially Bibiana and Alexia. Abril didn't want to kiss on the mouth, but aside from that was really good, very tight little snatch. Bibiana and Alexia were little baby dolls just looking to please and make repeat customers. I tried to get back together with Bibiana but she had been booked for a long term gig with some smart dude that chose this little gem. You and I seem to have the same tastes since I remember we both got a real charge out of Sandy. Bibiana's in the mind-blowing league, so is Alexia (especially if you like the biggest, firmest natural breasts I've ever seen in my fucking life!! Holy mother of Mary are those nice tits!!!) Have fun MR LA. DownBA

Dickhead
12-09-03, 23:12
Thanks G but congratulations aren't really in order as it just means things didn't work out the way I had hoped at the other job. Not my fault though and I will have fun with it. I'd MUCH rather be in BA than Europe but I gotta clock some dead presidents first.

Travelers' checks seem a bit archaic but perhaps we can have archaic and eat it too.

MRLA
12-09-03, 23:36
Hey My Old Friend "DOWNBA"

Ye, you and I do have the same taste in ladies. I will be back in BA in Feb, so if your in town, I buy you a drink and you can tell me what I have been missing for a year, like I really need to hear it.. Have a great time, and hope to see you all soon..

Be Cool,
MRLA

Miami Bob
12-10-03, 01:06
Jackson,

I understand your thoughts on the airport transportation scene. Seeing Gerado is seeing an old friend, even though I have less than one year of experience with him. Street cabs are the cheapest way after the bus. I like the remis services for security, both at the airport and in getting around town.

I feel more secure with Gerado than loading up my gringo butt & lugage, at the airport, into a street taxi sitting outside waiting for gringo tourists.

Jackson, locals in BA, friends and hotel staff, make me paranoid about the dangers of street cab rip-offs. As you are almost a porteno at this point, do you have any direct knowledge of street cab rip-offs, or is the street cab rip-off like the stories about the alligators in the NYC sewers?

I've never had a problem with a radio taxi in BA other than the driver taking the longest route possible, that happens anywhere. Still out of paranoia, I try to call a remis when readily available? If a young lady leaves me with a smile on my face, I am getting in the habit of calling a remis for her?

I would appreciate your thoughts. I'm planning upon spending more time in BA. I hope to see you Christmas time.

Miami Bob

Prokofiev
12-10-03, 02:57
Dickhead,

You never answered his question. Where ever it is in Europe, it can't be THAT bad. Plus if you get paid in Euros you will end up with a lot more dead presidents right now, if you can hang on to them.

So where is the secret place? María needs to know . . .

Dickhead
12-10-03, 03:19
I PM'd him out of respect for the other board members who undoubtedly don't give a shit. I'll PM you too.

Havanaman
12-10-03, 10:02
Dickhead,

I agree with Prokofiev: now is the time to get some currency exchange going while you are in Europe. I'm doing just that and the money I'm making will pay for another BA trip in 2004 (I’m using xe.com and Citibank, its all online and simple ).

I live in Europe, please PM me and maybe we can hook up, it would be an honour to meet the man behind the excellent posts. If we can, it will be in January, as I am “on the road” in the next couple of days (Havana, Mexico & BA) to after Christmas.

Regards, Havanaman

Dickhead
12-10-03, 13:44
I would not speculate in currencies as it is a zero-sum game similar to trading futures. By this I mean for every winner there is an equal and opposite loser, as opposed to equities and real estate which have a long-term upward bias. I worked at a futures trading firm, mostly currencies and interest rates. It's just gambling. I'm an investor. I have many years of experience as an active investor, registered investment advisor, portfolio manager, and so forth but I have lost interest in it and now prefer passive investing (indexing).

To relate this to pussy, pussy is not an investment either. Havana I will PM you when my departure date is a bit closer.

Guillermo
12-10-03, 14:23
DH - Don't sell yourself short. I think that we're always interested in following the hi-jinks of our favorite Dickhead.

It's just that, every once in a while, it would be nice if you could, like, write about a. . . different chica?

Guillermo

James D 2004
12-11-03, 16:33
Off topic but what if I have an absurd amount of euro to convert, is it suitable to use discount foreign currency transaction services like XEtrade etc. Bank and brokerage accounts are insured while the transaction looks like paying for goods, without much protection. I asked my financial adviser but he told me to go the banks as he don't get a dime to advise otherwise.

OttoGraham
12-11-03, 16:56
Tall, I would not convert Euros to Pesos in cash, certainly not an "absurd amount." Put the money in your bank and take out ATM withdrawals in Buenos Aires.

However, 2,000 or 3,000 Euros would not be an "absurd" amount. The Metropolis exchange place around the corner from the Etoile Hotel can easily exchange that much for you.

-Uncle Otto

James D 2004
12-11-03, 19:02
Thanks for the advice but the amount is really absurd (as in inheritance or cashin a house as a fellow monger did) and therefore off topic. But then doing it right I have more time and means to see you guys and gals more, whether you like it or not. The conversion is into USD and then invested in normal channels. There can be play money for fancy things but most of it will by the book I hope. I can surf areavip all day but never picked a stock myself.

OttoGraham
12-11-03, 19:20
Tall,

If you are buying expensive things in Buenos Aires, such as an apartment, people will prefer to be paid in dollars (or even Euros) rather than in pesos.

With devaluation of the peso being a real possibility, you would not be wise to exchange more money into pesos than you will need for a couple of weeks. Keep your big money in Euros.

-Uncle Otto

BA_Robert
12-12-03, 21:09
Anyone who knows when the Argentine soccer leauge starts in the spring?

Alboroto
12-13-03, 00:57
BA_Robert,

My understanding is that the league called: Torneo de Apertura 2004 is in February, in fact, I am going the last week of March and my tour will included games at Boca and River. Also, on March 30th there is a game bet. Argentina vs Ecuador for the 2006 World Cup Elimination and of course I will attended.

If you like to have tickets or any other tour in BA, check with Hernan at Tangol. He will be able to work with you, can find him at: tours@tangol.com attention Hernan and if you like, mentioned my name and he will go an extra mile.

Luis from El Salvador

DownBA
12-13-03, 09:54
My dear friend MRLA, yes, we do have similar tastes since we both couldn't get enough of our mutual friend Sandy, who, believe it or not I didn't even call this trip since I was having so much fun hopping around to chica's private apartments. But you take it from me MRLA, if you had a good time with Sandy, call Alexia because she's an adorable person in addition to having a killer body and great, great, great, bbbj and fucks awesomely well and just wants to be with a nice, cariñoso man that will treat her nicely and she'll pay you back with her affections just like Sandy did. You catching my drift MRLA?

I've decided that I really get a kick out of visiting the independent girls in their private apartments, I feel like it's more intimate and a slightly better scene for breaking the ice and getting to know one another first.

Northern Argentina was a hoot, so much like BA yet so different in the pace of life and in how the regular chicas on the street seem so, so, approachable. There's no doubt that you can hit on the regular chicas on the street and you stand a good chance of getting down their pants within a few short dates. Check out my posts in the "other areas" section. DownBA

Racker
12-26-03, 17:22
This most certainly seems like an extremely active and informative board!

I was thinking of visiting BA for the first time in the Spring. I see Apartments can be rented as well as Hotels.

If I was interesting in renting an apartment for one or two weeks, which neighborhood in BA would be considered the "best" (ie nicest, most safe, etc). Or is most of the place pretty good?

How about renting an apartment vs. staying in a hotel. Which would you guys recommend?

Thanks!

MCSE
12-28-03, 21:53
Racker:

In my opinion renting an apartment is best, safer and best zones in Capital Federal: Recoleta and Puerto Madero.

Capt Dave
12-29-03, 14:12
Cialis, Levetra and Viagra:

Although Cialis (the new "36 hour" Viagra) and Viagra (as well as much cheaper generic sildenafil) are available in BsAs, Levetra does not seem to be.

I find Cialis more of a "girlfriend" drug, a good choice for a weekend in Colonia with a lady you are already comfortable with. It has (for me) a much gentler action, and provides just the right boost for a few days of excessive sex.

Viagra is, of course, Viagra

Although they both theoretically require a prescription, the only pharmacies that seem to insist on this are the chains, like Farma-Citi. Most mom-and-pops will just hand it over, with 4 20mg. Cialis going for $120 AR, and generic sildenafil going for $24 AR for 6 50mg. pills (!).

One pharmacy close to Recoleta where I have bought both is on the corner of Rodreguez Pena and Vincente Lopez - just a few blocks from Restaurant row.

Happy Humping....

Wiz Banger
12-30-03, 04:22
Does anyone have experience with bringing these beautiful escorts to the US? I've noticed some of the internet girls have US visas.

Any suggestions or experiences regarding prices? Like a fair price to offer for a week or two. Should I expect to pay alot more then their going rate in BA if they come to the US.

I plan on making a trip in a few months to sample the talent before I ask a chica about coming to the US. Unfortunately with my profession, I can't take trips there every couple months. Any info you guys can supply me with would be appreciated.

Mad Max
12-30-03, 20:28
Sure do like a friend of mine did, marry one. Stupid *&^%%#$ing idiot.

NO I really shouldn't say that. To each his own.

I have known a few girls that went to the US and I asked them the same question. Some will take a little less because you are a guaranteed income. If you note my previous posts and treat them right while you are there, they may go for next to nothing.

Mad Max out.

mister_smooth
12-31-03, 23:42
Well here it is . . . another shitty New Years Eve in New York City.

Each and every one of you in BA with a lovely Argentine beauty should kiss the ground you'll walk on tonight.

I am going to a wine and cheese party tonight with a bunch of spoken-for, spoiled, complicated yet predictable, and more often than not uptight New York Women.

This is the last year gentlemen. Mister Smooth be flyin south next ano.

CityDude
01-01-04, 13:10
"I am going to a wine and cheese party tonight with a bunch of spoken-for, spoiled, complicated yet predictable, and more often than not uptight New York Women.

This is the last year gentlemen. Mister Smooth be flyin south next ano."

My condolences and heartfelt sympathies

Capt Dave
01-01-04, 14:18
WHAT A DUMB SH*T!

Well guys, just when I think I have the whole thing in my pocket, I pull a STUPID deal like this!

Yesterday (New Years Eve) I had a party to go to about 9:30 pm, so about 2:00 in the afternoon I decide to take a stroll and look for one more piece of candy for the year. Everythings pretty slow, so I wound up in Orleans, where there are a few ladies, mostly sub-standard, but one not bad looking lady sitting in the corner I had never seen before. Goes by the name of Patricia - about 35, short, slim, dark hair.... Says the reason I haven't seen her before is she usually works at night.

We started talking, and everything seemed friendly enough, so before too long we had a deal to come spend some time in my new apartment.

Arrived, had a soft drink and a chat, and went at it - not bad session and I was feeling pretty good, THEN...

She asked if I had anything to drink to celebrate New Year. All I had was some Sidral, but it seemed festive enough, so I went off to get a couple of glasses.

Sat down on the bed with the glasses, and she said "How about some ice?" OK, I go get some, leaving her alone in the bedroom for just the few minutes it took!

Finished our drinks, went at it again, and off she went.....

Strange, I feel kinda sleepy.....

Lay down on the bed and woke up to a series of fireworks just before midnight. Couldn't see what time it was, because my clock radio/cd player was gone, as was my laptop, digital camera, video camera, and a substantial amount of cash from my wallet , as well as a suitcase they had used to pack it all in!

What wasn't gone were credit cards, the stash of US $$$ I had secrected away, and my guitar.

These guys had come into my bedroom while I was passed out, and taken most of this stuff, using a set of keys this young lady had removed from my pocket while I was getting ice. No telling WHAT she had put in my drink!

So - I'm not sure what the lesson is, but this is the story!

Happy New Year!

:(

David

ChicagoBoy23
01-01-04, 15:25
My sympathies.

There is something to be said to sticking to girls from clubs. There behavior is somewhat monitored in that you can go back and complain at the club.

Exon123
01-02-04, 01:42
Capt Dave --- Thats totalty Fucked Up --- Im really sorry to hear that --- Ive never had a problem, but Ive never given them that chance --- I feal real bad for you --- Exon

One Tree Hill
01-02-04, 02:13
Capt Dave,

Sorry to hear that bud. Should serve as a wake up to the rest of us. These things happen in that line of work from time to time.

We should always beaware of the possibility. Especially with a new girl.

Any way of researching her through Cafe Orleans? Perhaps mgmt or some regular girls know her. At least make sure she isn't allowed to work from there anymore.

Dick for Brains
01-02-04, 02:14
CD,

Very sorry to hear the terrible news. If it can happen to a seasoned monger such as yourself, it can happen to anybody.

Let's be careful out there.

DfB

Boxing Rule 222
01-02-04, 03:11
Capt Dave
What a way to start the new year. We all learn from our mistake. As long as you were not physically hurt just chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Happy New Years

Mad Max
01-02-04, 08:29
Capt Dave,

Looks like you got bit by a 'cudda.

Thanks for sharing. I don't know if I'd have the guts to admit it if something like that happened to me.

Maybe next time you'll remember that the only people in Argentina who take ice in their drinks are Americans.

See you Monday

Mad Max out...

DownBA
01-02-04, 10:32
WIZ BANGER - Yes, as a matter of fact, in August of 2001 I sent a round trip ticket to a former honey of mine from Mendoza that had shown me some life-altering experiences in the bedroom and she came to town for 5 glorious days of dining, movies, beaches and of course the star attraction, er, well, I think you can figure out the star attraction. We got along wonderfully and I of course paid for all meals and entertainment and on top of that I gave my honey $1000.00 US. So I figure the entire week set me back about 2 grand but I haven't stopped smiling about it yet nor will I ever have any regrets. I imagine that I could have gotten her for less since we had a relationship going at the time and the money wasn't the primary motivation but hey I figured $200.00 for 5 toda la noches was ok and like I said, I don't regret having the time of my life with this unbelievable honey. Now with the present exchange rate (back in Aug. 2001 the peso was still pegged at 1 to 1) I'd offer a lot less of course. But I just think it's easier and nicer to just go to BA for a week and enjoy the unbelievably great lifestyle and food and entertainment. DownBA

Mind Snatcher
01-02-04, 14:52
Captain Dave:

Sorry to hear of your awful experience, but (I know it's no consolation) similar things happen in the most 'civilised' of places. If you go to the section on Vienna/Austria, you will see my recent report on how I was robbed by a young Austrian girl from a highly reputable agency.
HNY, MS

Jaimito Cartero
01-02-04, 15:05
Dave,

Did you make a police report? I'd go back to Orleans and look for her, or at least warn the management. A room safe might have helped, but I don't think the guitar would have fit in. :)

DownBA
01-02-04, 16:21
Capt. Dave, that really SUCKS! In early December I was in BA and after spending 2 hours with a real hottie from Platynum.com, the chica told me she wanted to spend all night with me (as I've documented in previos posts) and my native Argentinian friend warned me not to leave anything valuable in sight, telling me that these girls are notoriosly un-trustworthy, though I've never had an experience like you did. But I did heed my friend's warning and hide everything.

I did have one experience several years ago whereby I didn't have small change to pay for the telo so on the way out my Play Woman chica asked me to give her the 100 peso note so she could pay for the telo and when she was handed the change she pulled a quick one on me and stuffed a 10 peso note in her pocket claiming it was her tip, although I hadn't volunteered it since it was like 3 am and I was out of cash and the 10 peso note was to be used for cabfare back to Belgrano. The chica insisted it was her well deserved tip and refused to return the money. Well, I went back into Play Woman and raised bloody hell with the management and made them give me the 10 peso note. I basically threatened them with lots of bad worldwide publicity, that I'd post all over the internet that Play Woman has dishonest chicas working for them.

But fortunately, I've never been in your shoes Dave. Sorry to hear it. DownBA

MoonDog
01-02-04, 16:38
Capt. Dave,

Sorry to hear about this, as it is the first time I have heard of this type of behavior in BA in over 5 years.

If by chance you can get a photo of her, post it so that others can be on the lookout for her.

Thanks for sharing,

Moondog

Dancesw/Chicas
01-02-04, 19:27
Capt. Dave

Thanks for sharing.

I think perhaps there is a way to get back to this chica. There a lot of americans visiting BA so that our complains are to be taken seriously by the management of any cafe club etc.

We can put a tramp like her out of business.

Again, thanks for the information.

DWC

Mickey Mouse
01-02-04, 22:25
Capt Dave,

I'm sorry to hear about your mishap. I have had 1 or 2 over the years myself. That is the main reason why I like hotels where they document the visitors at no charge. It seems to aleviate the problem.

MM

Capt Dave
01-03-04, 21:10
Hey guys!

Thanks for the support. I feel pretty dumb, but lucky too. I keep thinking what could have happened if I had woke up half drugged and found someone (or two!) in my apt. stealing my stuff. Might not have worked out well!

Last night the plot thickened even further when I got a call (!) from a gentleman who claimed to be from the police. He said someone had 'anonymously´dropped of some videos that showed women having sex without knowing the were being filmed, and since this was 'illegal' in Argentina he wanted to talk to me about it! I basically blew him off and said I'd come to the police station Monday and chat!

I'm pretty sure it was our culprits trying to shake me down for the videos that were in the case they stole. Little do they realize that, although I'm not REAL eager for the world to see a somewhat overweight Gringo porking his girlfriends, I could care less if he posts the damn things on the Internet (as long as they give me credit for directing, producing, and starring!)

Alas, I am leaving for a few weeks tomorrow, and have NOT filed a police report (yet). Jackson is on my ass about it, because he feels I owe it to the next potential victim to at least have a file started, but frankly I am awfully tempted to just blow it off and chalk it up to stupidity! It´s just stuff, after all.

When I get back I will stroll by Orleans some evening and see if I can spot our girl.

I would happily pay someone to take her home and switch drinks with her when she wasn't looking! :)

I guess the lesson is to be REAL careful around freelance girls (that work in places like Newport, Orleans, and Excedra) It's true I have had some VERY nice experiences with ladies from all 3 of these places, but it is also true there is a reason the are working there. Probably either:

1) They are new to the biz, or BsAs, or both
2) They are getting too long in the tooth to make it in a boliche
3) They have been kicked out of enough clubs so they can't work there anymore. This may or may not have been their fault, but it IS a red flag!
4) They are running a scam like 'Patricia' was.

I don't have a picture, but she is about 35 y/o, dark haired, short (about 5´5 or so) and was sitting by the first window back by the stairs to the bano. When I mentioned I had never seen her there before (I don´t go their a LOT, but enough to recognize several "regulars") she said she usually works at night and was only their because the place was going to close early on New Years Eve.

Happy New Year,

David

MeGustaBoliches
01-04-04, 06:51
Capt Dave, Have you spoken to the manager at Orleans about your experience? reputation matters to them...

Alboroto
01-04-04, 14:45
Capt. Dave,

Its a good idea to report your experiece with the manager of the Orleans, because of the reputation. In fact, I just deleted Cafe Orleans from my list to visiting places.

OttoGraham
01-04-04, 15:05
Not long ago in this forum we were having a discussion of the relative merits of apartments versus hotels. Some guys were reluctant to stay at a hotel where girls were required to produce ID and register - and I made the point that this was done by the hotels for YOUR safety.

Dave's unfortunate experience shows precisely why this is the case.

On my last trip to Buenos Aires, I stayed in an apartment for the first time. After what happened to my friend, it is also going to be my last time of staying in an apartment. This scenario most likely wouldn't happen to Dave in a hotel.

-Uncle Otto

Stormy
01-04-04, 15:24
Do you think that an apartment with a doorman/security man down below who understands that you will be walking the chica back out and that her leaving by herself is not permitted is an answer to the security issue?

I would not book into an apartment without a doorman/security man, though this would be more expensive. On short visits of two weeks I will always use hotels.

Stormy

Exon123
01-04-04, 16:08
Jackson made a comment to me that I didn,t give much thought too at the time, but after Capt. Dave's experience it makes all the sence in the world. Jackson stated, " when I have a strange Chica at my apartment I always lock the door and hide the key's". Now a bunch of us have been to Jackson apartment, ( Ive even rented it), and no body is going threw that locked steel door of his and the only other way out is to jump two stories out the window, not an option. It was at am AMA meeting and someone mentioned in the discussion, " That when I have a new date I usually take her to a Telo rather than my apartment". Jackson's comment, again brillant, was to state " Thats a great idea, for if the session go's badly, (and weve all one or two dates that didn't work out), you can just get up and leave". No big deal ---- Thank You Capt. Dave for your report, as tragic as this event is we all can learn from it and by posting it hopefully other Mongers will be on guard --- Exon

OttoGraham
01-04-04, 18:53
Stormy asks:

Do you think that an apartment with a doorman/security man down below who understands that you will be walking the chica back out and that her leaving by herself is not permitted is an answer to the security issue?

No!

Other than being something of a deterrent to bad actors, no doorman is going to do anything to secure you and your apartment in the face of trouble. The best you can hope for is that if he is suspicious, he'll come up to your door and knock on it to check on you. If you don't answer because you're drugged/incapacitated/tied up/dead, he'll go away. When the stink gets bad enough from your corpse, he'll call la policia.

-Uncle Otto

Jak
01-05-04, 00:37
I heard from another forum member that one of his friends was possibly drugged last September. I don't remember his handle, but he was out roaming with Dickhead that night. I was alarmed at the time since I had not heard any stories of this in B.A., but only had my guard up when I travelled to Russia (since stories had circulated about some problems there).

I think it would be valuable information if any other members have had any problems like this in B.A. Like Mad Max said, "I don't know if I'd have the guts to admit it if it happened to me." I might feel the same way, but my hat is off to Capt. Dave for sharing this information.

I don't want to become paranoid, but I know I would find it helpful to know how often something like this happens. Is it a new and minor trend, or have stories like Capt. Dave's been unreported for reasons of embarrassment?

Again, thanks for sharing, Capt. Dave!

Dingman
01-05-04, 01:44
Capt. Dave, seriously thank you for sharing your experience. No one should be embarrassed or ashamed to come out like this. We all make mistakes and others can learn from them.

I had dinner with you last October (one of Judds friends) in Palmero Hollywood and you are one of the last people that I would expect this to happen too. If it could happen to you it could definitely happen to me (which makes me ill). Reading this will put me on "heighten alert" the next time I am with a chica for the 1st time.

I know it can be a hassle, but would hope that you follow Jackson’s advice and file a report.

Dickhead
01-05-04, 03:41
Jak, I was not in BA in this past nor any other September. I did have a friend who this past August in BA had some money stolen from his hotel room by a hooker, and I think he posted about it but am not positive. I don't recall him thinking he had been drugged other than alcohol that he voluntarily ingested. However it seems to me that he was not with me that particular night. It was a club girl IIRC and I rarely do those. He had cash stolen in an amount that he declined to specify but that it was "what he had set aside for the night." So, no biggie. Apartment exposes you to bigger risks and I don't want anyone knowing where I live if I will still be there for more than a day or two. I even like moving from room to room in the same hotel if I will be there for a few weeks.

Either hide all your valuables or just be a Dickhead and don't have any in the first place. Also it might be worth considering that with the quality and quantity of reports on this excellent site, one could avoid unknown women entirely and stick to recommended and rated women who have been with other posters and haven't robbed them. For example if a gal has her own section on this board and the overwhelming consensus is that she is honest, maybe that would be a safe choice.

I think if you rent an apartment in BA, a good thing to do is to never bring the gal back to said apartment the first time. Do her elsewhere, judge her, and if you trust her then you might bring her back to the apartment. However, still hide everything anyway. Why not?

I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but I have been doing this for thirty years and no one has ever robbed me of a nickel so I might be worth listening to on this particular point. I have a $75 watch that I have had for 20 years. That is the most valuable thing anyone could steal. I never walk into an apartment brothel with my watch on my wrist but rather it is in my pocket. I get cash daily from ATMs. If I am going to go to an apartment brothel I will get cash from the closest ATM in the amount I have been quoted. That mitigates not only robbery but upselling as well.

My personal take on Orleans, Excedra, and Iberia is that you are more likely to get robbed by those gals than by club gals. Drink doping is a scary thing and I don't probably take enough precautions but I do take these:

1) Beer in the clubs, never mixed drinks, never leaves my hand, take it to the head with me (I can piss with one hand; as the Burger King jingle goes, "It takes two hands to handle a Whopper," so draw your own conclusions).

2) Mini bar? What's a mini bar? I'm sorry but I just don't understand you. Want a beer? I'll have some sent up to the room.

3) Being Irish as I am, why dilute perfectly good whiskey? I do like my Jameson's on the rocks but late at night it is also good to drink straight from the bottle, no ice, no mixers, no problem. Also keep that bottle within sight if the chica is out of sight!

Jackson's lock the door and throw away the key deal scares me a bit due to the possibility of her claiming kidnap. But the rest of his advice is very very sound. Take her someplace else the first time!

Final point: TLN = increased risk. TLN with unknown chica = vastly increased risk rising to a level that is unacceptable in my opinion.

Dick for Brains
01-05-04, 04:47
El Toro Rojo writes:

"For example if a gal has her own section on this board and the overwhelming consensus is that she is honest, maybe that would be a safe choice."

Senor Dickhead - whomever might you have in mind?

DfB

OttoGraham
01-05-04, 12:18
And he says he's not getting a kickback?

-Uncle Otto

Mickey Mouse
01-06-04, 17:40
DH is speaking of me when he writes of having money and a cell phone stolen while sleeping. I posted about it in August. In brief, I brought home 3 girls from Affaire (or whatever the name,the upstairs club). Yes, I did all 3, after a couple hrs 1 girl left, then another 1/2 hr later with only 1 remining for the TLN. When I awoke in the am my pockets were "completely" empty (not even 1 peso), cell gone and someone had obviously gone through my things. Thank God I always keep "everything" in my Hotel safe except for that night´s projected expenditures and my driver´s license which I carry for ID. I was not drugged except for the Alchohol I willingly consumed the night before. The key was: 1. I let my guard down because I was getting too confident 2. I was at Loisuites where they don´t require registering the guests and 3. I was just "Not Thinking"! The Result was My Stupidity.
Remember, it can happen anywhere; in BA, NY, Green Bay ... just anywhere where we put ourselves in precarious situations.

Dickhead
01-07-04, 03:11
You know MM, if I could fuck 3 girls in a couple of hours while drunk, I really wouldn't give a rat's ass if I got robbed from time to time. And you're five years older than I am, and I'm older than dirt.

GO MICKEY GO!

Skyler
01-07-04, 21:27
I'm looking for some travel information.

I'm planning a trip to Chile and then will be going from Santiago to BsAs. I'd like to see the Andes and a bit of the countryside, rather than just flying over.

I heard about a boat that goes from Ensenada, Chile to Bariloche, Argentina, but don't know about how to get from those towns to the cities.

Does anyone have any experience with land travel between Santiago and BsAs? Any safety issues?

Thomaso276
01-11-04, 00:58
Just found out that the GB - Philly NFC game will probably not be shown on TV here (seems that ESPN Espanol is carrying the AFC games this weekend - I can't figure out why no NFC) and I know reports are delayed , but here goes. If anyone in the States happens to tape the game and is heading to BA anytime in the future I would love a copy to watch. I live here and will be easy to locate when you arrive.

Thanks.

Andres
01-11-04, 12:25
Skyler:

The boat you mention goes from Bariloche to Puerto Montt (and vice-versa). It's a must-do experience and takes 2 days.

I did the Arg-Chi one-way trip: The first day you leave Bariloche at morning. You sail 3 hour by hovercraft to Puerto Blest, all along the Nahuel Huapi lake. After lunch, you jump into a bus that takes you to a pier at Frias lake (runs parallel to the border). That lake is INCREDIBLE: Emerald waters, superb mountains. Just a 30 minutes trip. Then a bus takes you to Peulla (Chile), one hour after crossing the border. At Peulla, you lodge in a nice hotel and visit the village. Next morning, you take another hovercraft to Puyehue, where there are some amazing termas to see (real termas, I mean...). Finally, you take a bus that goes to Puerto Varas and Puerto Montt. It used to cost $100 per person, excluding meals.

Driving from Bariloche (or Mendoza) to BA isn't dangerous but boring. Imagine yourself crossing 3 states like Illinois: flat land, a windmill here and there. That's not the case of the road from Santiago to Mendoza, where the landscapes are gorgeous, but expect long lines at the border.

Hope this helps,

Andres

Miami Bob
01-16-04, 23:50
COLONIA URUGURAY TRIP

I went to Colonia with a little help from Myra between Xmas and New Years with a non-working chica for three days of luxury and relaxation at a brand new 5 star hotel and spa:

COLONY PARK PLAZA KEMPINSKI RESORT AND SPA
598 52 26280
WWW.COLONYPARKPLAZA.COM

This place is the best! US$82 per nite per person for all inslusive
brand new hotel accross the street on a hill from the beach with a wide Rio de la Plata view including the BA lights off in the distance.

NOTE: Some elementary Spanish will make this stay more pleasant. Most reception staff can communicate in broken english, no english on the menues, a couple of the health spa people could communicate in English if you are patient.

FOOD: Great restaurants included in price. The chief is Gato Dumas from BA. Just under Michelin one star quality. 4 meals per day plus drinks at meals and non-alcoholic drinks 24/7. There is a health spa component that you may embrase or ignore. I'm a diabetic 51 year old guy who is the opposite of athletic, and I loved the spa. I had an included consult with the nuitritionist. The restaurant made me feel like they were my private chiefs. No sugar, healthy and great food. I wish I could get meals like this in Miami for US$82 per day. Rich food and deserts are specialities of this place if you aren't concerned.

SPA: Gym, classes all day long, pools, indoor and out door, jacuzzi, sauna. I actually got healthy, lost some weight and had a smile on my face. My chica ran around to all the classes and had massage and facials and other treatments. First class operation.

HOTEL: Beautiful! About 60 rooms in two sections, one with kids and I was in the no kids section [thank god] quiet peaceful.

THIS PLACE HAS ROMANCE WRITTEN ALL OVER IT. Only go here with a chica with whom you are very comfortable and desire an extended romantic fantasy.

THE LOCATION is about one mile outside of Colonia. The hotel has an included car service that will take you where you want to go and pick you up later. Walking, bike riding or motor scooters on the river road or rambla is great. This was my first time in Colonia. the old town is worth an afternnon. Historical and not much else except this place has a romantic atmophere that doesn't quit.

CHEAPER NICE PLACES:

www.hotelplazamayor.com.uy

Reonovated, centeral, historical old hotel in the center of town with the best river view in old town. big beautiful rooms for US$80
per night. First class operation, some english spoken. Lot's of hotels 2 to 3 stars for US$50. US$30 www.hotelesperanza.com is is near down town 2 stars apearing lobby with all the spa stuff extra at $30 per nite for the room.

www.hotelesbahia.com.

Two hotels, one in downtown commercial area and another on the beach rambla about 1/2 mile further out of town than the Kempinski. Looks like clean, decent place with a pool and a nice beach accross the street. US$25 per night for the room. I'd stay here. A favorite working girl from BA would find this place more than acceptable. Most of the in town places look ratty.

MORE EXPENSIVE

www.fourseasons.com/carmelo

US$124 per nite per person more luxury, food and golf included.

The ferry service from near Puerto Madera is good. We took the fast boat at 154 pesos r/t--it's an hour. The slow boat is about 100 pesos and I'm told takes 2 1/2 hours each way.

ASK MYRA FOR HELP. The magic words are: "Jackson recomended me!" or tell her Bob from Miami says she's the best!

www.argentinago.com

Miami Bob

PS. Sorry, but no mongering stories on this trip. Colonia put a casual dating relationship into high gear. The BA women are the best! I'll go back again with this chica.

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to fix dozens of simple writing errors including missing punctuation, peculiar punctuation, missing capitalization, multiple periods throughout the text, etc. To avoid delays in future reports, please proof-read your reports (or have your secretary do it) before posting them. Thanks!

Mad City Dave
01-18-04, 00:19
Hey,

I am going to be in BA in May.

The late evening activities are well documented in this forum.

I am looking forward to having a great steak while in BA. How about some recommendations as to where?

What are some other "must see" areas in BA? What items are best buys to take back to the states? Where are these stores locateded?

Elmo
01-21-04, 04:15
Hello,

Below is a website I found that has 17 photos of someplace in Argentina called Meretriz. These pictures are by someone named Olivia Gay. From what I can gather, she apparently is a photographer documenting the lives of prostitutes around the world, or something like that anyway.

Please note, I have never been to Argentina, and know nothing about the scene there - other than what I have read here. I don't know where Meretriz is, or what it is like there.

I found other pictures by Olivia Gay when researching information on Vila Mimosa, a low grade area in Rio, Brazil. I posted the link to her Vila Mimosa photos on the RJ board (01/19/04). Her photos of Vila Mimosa did a good job documenting the scene there, showing the streets, the bars, the gals, and the rooms.

Sorry, but I don't think this link to Meretriz will be as helpful to WSG members as the Vila Mimosa link. Instead of give a good idea of the scene, I think these Meretriz pictures are rather depressing. Anyway, I hope this information and website is helpful to someone on the Argentina board.

Elmo

http://www.oliviagay.com/p2_1.php?num=01&no=1

DownBA
01-22-04, 00:16
Jackson, would you please email me privately to my email address in your records, there's something I wanted to discuss with you privately. If you don't have an email address of record, please post one of yours that won't answer me with an automatic response and I'll email you about what I want to discuss. Thanks, DownBA

Jaimito Cartero
01-22-04, 07:16
Down BA - Jackson does get the mail sent to his normal email address. You'll always get the automated response, but I've always had any email answered with a couple of days.

Elmo - Intersting pics. They certainly don't make the ladies life look interesting. These do seem to be streetwalker or lowest levels of prostitutes. The pictures of Cuba looked the most desolate.

Frans
01-22-04, 14:10
VIAGRA : I have tried unsuccessfully the various pharmacys mentioned in the Forum. All asked me for a prescription.

Finally, I was able to get stuff free of prescription at: Farmacia Cervino, calle Cervino, across the street from hospital Fernandez (a 3 peso drive from Recoleta)

Sildefil 50 mg (Pfizer) box of 4 for 65P

other brands but same active components:

Firmel Sildenafil : 10x50 MG for 30P
Bifort 50 : 10 x 50 mg for 30P

MeGustaBoliches
01-22-04, 18:42
Elmo,

I have never seen any of these chicas in Blacks or Madahos or even in Cafe Orleans....thankfully!

BA_Robert
01-22-04, 18:58
Do anybody know if everything is dead around Easter? Do clubs close early or not open at all?

If that is the case which days should one avoid? Thursday-Sunday or just some of the days or the whole week?

Andres
01-22-04, 23:59
BA_Robert:

The city is dead during Easter. Clubs open but attendance is lower than usual.

Andres

Woof Woof
01-23-04, 01:46
Frans,

Cialis is available in BA. It has a longer duration of action than Viagra and can last 36h. They call it "Le weekender" in Europe. I recall someone posting on this board that both Viagra and Cialis can be bought without a prescription in a Farmaci chain store in Recoleta.

WW

MeGustaBoliches
01-23-04, 21:00
Frans,

I buy Phizer 100MG for 76pesos per 4 pack at Farmacia Cienticia Blanchet, R. S. Oritz (just off Las Heras) 3090. Tel 4802-1418.
Never been asked for a RX (rececta). I have bought several meds there that require a receta in the United States.....see the man who works there...there are a couple of women who also work at the countrer, but I have never tried them.....Not sure if this is closer to you than Cervino or not.........but it is at least an option....

Stormy
01-24-04, 05:35
Regarding Cialis

I have been buying it regularly without a prescripton at a pharmacy at Puerto Madero at the northernmost group of buildings (Diche 4).

Stormy

Emeritus
01-25-04, 19:19
Hello everone,

I am trying to get information on using American 110 volt electrical devices [computer, cd player] in argentina's 220 volt system do they sell adaptor/transformers there.

Thanks for the help

Emeritas

Hi Emeritas,

Transformers are commonly available in any hardware store (and these small hardware stores all all over the place). Theprise is approximately 15-20 pesos each.

Thanks,

Jackson

BA_Robert
01-27-04, 22:02
Does someone have some information on the SUPERCLASICO between River and Boca. This is suppose to be the biggest event in Argentina.

People seems to be more intrested in this game than the world soccer championships which is by far the biggest sports event in the world.

Is the date known?

Also does anyone know anything about the schedule for Boca's games during April?

ChicagoBoy23
01-27-04, 23:37
What is with all the chicas from Argentina grammar problems?

None of them use periods.

My spanish is bad enough without adding in I have to guess where the sentences end.

Does anybody else see this problem ?

Elvis
01-28-04, 01:26
The superclasico is on May 9 in La Bombonera (Boca stadium). I'm going to be attending the game !

http://www.bocampeonweb.com.ar/clausura2004.htm

Which people ? I'm a Boca fan but to be honest, outside of Argentina the clasico is not considered a big event compared to Copa Libertadores, World Cup or European championships.

Dingman
01-28-04, 05:16
ChicagoBoy23,

I have the same problem. I have been writing this chica for the last 3+ months and have to re-read her emails at least 3 times. Add in some miss spellings and it can be quite frustrating (especially if I need to look up a word I don't know). Her use of commas also adds to my confusion.

Hopefully we aren't writing to the same chica.

Dman

The Pirate
01-28-04, 19:52
Does anyone have plans for the Super Bowl? Or does anyone know a good spot in BA to watch it?

If so, the first round is on me!

Thanks.

The Pirate

ChicagoBoy23
01-28-04, 21:51
Well - I guess its too much to expect Ivy league grammar. Good thing they are not posting on this board or they might get censored (lol).

The argentine dialect/accent which slightly changes spelling makes translation harder than standard castellano.

El Chavo
01-29-04, 06:57
http://www.guardian.co.uk/argentina/story/0,11439,1130610,00.html

Argentina's prostitutes get militant

Reed Lindsay in Buenos Aires
Sunday January 25, 2004
The Observer

At some point, Elena Reynaga lost track of the number of times she had been thrown in jail. For two decades she worked as a prostitute in this European-style city, paying weekly kickbacks to police officers, as much as £70 a day in the Nineties. If she missed a payment, or ran into a capricious cop, she would be thrown into a dank cell covered in urine and faeces, for one night if she was lucky, three weeks if not.

One day she refused to co-operate. 'We were in a bar, four or five of us eating,' said the red-haired Reynaga, a loquacious 50-year-old. We'd follow like lambs while they took us to jail but that day I said no. We had a revolution in that bar. The policeman entered and told us to leave. I told him nobody moves from here.' The women did not budge and the officer backed down.

Now, nearly a decade after Reynaga put her foot down, prostitutes throughout Argentina are casting off police persecution and demanding the same rights as other workers. They have formed the Association of Women Prostitutes of Argentina, or Ammar - the word amar means to love in Spanish - headed by Reynaga, and have set their sights even higher. In the coming months, the nine-year-old organisation plans its boldest step yet: to demand government recognition as an official union.

It would be the first such union in Latin America and one of only a handful in the world.

'We share the same dreams as any worker, to have rights, not to be exploited and to have a living wage,' said Ammar leader Susana Martinez, from a cramped office in a union building in La Plata, an hour from the city centre. 'I'm proud of my job because I've got three excellent children who study and work and I didn't rob anything from anybody to raise them.'

Martinez is among 1,700 Argentine prostitutes now registered as members of Ammar, whose leaders say government recognition would give the organisation the legal standing to fight for the decriminalisation of prostitution. Technically, prostitution is not illegal in Argentina but most provinces have laws allowing the arrest of prostitutes for causing 'scandal in the public thoroughfare'.

Pimping is illegal but brothel owners are rarely sent to jail. Instead, they form shady business alliances with the police, who collect regular rake-offs. 'The degree of exploitation in these [brothels] is incredible: minors, undocumented workers, foreigners who are practically kidnapped from their countries and made to work here for a plate of food,' said Elisa Carca, a former senator from Buenos Aires who presented the Bill to decriminalise street prostitution.

The idea of forming a union, however, has its detractors, and not only in the influential Catholic church which spearheaded opposition to reform, but among prostitutes, too. 'We feel it incentivises prostitution,' said Eida, 51, who formed a splinter group, Association Ammar. 'We want to help each other find a way out of prostitution, by getting trained in other fields, getting jobs, getting schooling.

'More than 90 per cent of us want to leave prostitution because the stigma that it leaves with you stays until you die. It is a means of survival, not a job.'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/argentina/story/0,11439,1130610,00.html

Dickhead
01-29-04, 08:24
It is very common to see very long sentences with no commas in Spanish of any dialect, and it does not constitute bad grammar. Having said that, my ex-amigovia never uses "h" which is, of course, silent, but it really does make it hard to read. She randomly mixes up "y" and "ll" which have the same sound, and gets very upset if I don't put the two little dots over the "u" in her surname.

Of course, now I am in England so I face an entirely different language barrier.

Thomaso276
01-29-04, 16:30
I imagine the World Sports Bar in Recoleta, two doors from Newport, will be a favorite for the Superbowl. They had the playoffs and lots of gringos were there. Plus they have big screen.

MeGustaBoliches
01-31-04, 08:13
RE amigovia Spanish....

Here are some of the issues I confront that confuse this intermediate level speaker....My amigovia:

substitutes B for V....for example, voy becomes Boy

leaves off the mostly silent h, eg, hombres becomes ombres

attaches pronouns to the front of the word, eg, Te pones becomes tepones.

uses colloquial expressions, such as "es muy grande pero muy grande"

Writes in "stream of conciousness" fashion...long paragraphs that jump from topic to topic...very difficult to keep up....

all of this wreaks havoc when I don't understand what she is trying to say and resort to the use of an on-line translator....
but, so far, "love" is conquering all....I get the gist of what she is saying in Castellano....and she is learning English.......and when we are together we don't talk all that much anyway....smile....

Havanaman
01-31-04, 08:52
MeGustaBoliches

Quote:
---------------------------------------------------------
RE amigovia Spanish....

Here are some of the issues I confront that confuse this intermediate level speaker....My amigovia:…. etc

Writes in "stream of conciousness" fashion...long paragraphs that jump from topic to topic...very difficult to keep up....

End quote
---------------------------------------------------------

It confuses me too, and on a regular basis. In at least 20% of my emails from chicas de BA, I see the same thing: "stream of conciousness". Is it an educational-standard thing, short-cut writing or just plain scatter-brained?

However, doesn’t this remind you of the reports of our friend the esteemed Nibu Raphael; he writes in English (allegedly)! (Sorry nibs).

Regards, Havanaman

MeGustaBoliches
01-31-04, 10:53
Havana,

LMAO...Yes, indeed...I suppose you could call the emails I receive from my mujer "Nibuesque" or estilo de Nibu! Maybe it is a cultural thing.....Whatever, this English speaking Yanqui stays confused...

But there is no mistaking what my novia offers en la cama! There she is very focused, and very sure of what she wants....she barks orders..."Despachito, por favor" or "Aqui! Tocame Aqui!" .....

And during those precious moments time stands still ...nothing beyond the moment matters......

Nothing about sex with her is routine. ....my thoughts don't roam to the business meetings I will have the next day, or fantasies about other women, or running down a list of items to pack for the trip home, or anything........My mind is a total blank, and I am awash in a sea of senuality so intense, so encompassing, that I sometimes feel I am drowning. .....

And when we are finished, I am beyond exhausted. I am aware that my body is dripping perspiration from my forhead and on my chest, but I lack the energy to wipe it off.....I can do nothing but lay there on my back staring at the ceiling, grinning from ear to ear, her head nestled on my shoulder...her long dark hair touching my nostrils.......her fingers casually making little circles of the hairs on my chest....

And life is good. So damn good.

Havanaman
01-31-04, 12:24
MeGustaBoliches,

Sir, you are a romantic poet!

Regards, Havanaman

MeGustaBoliches
01-31-04, 14:36
Havana.

Guilty, as charged....prolly cause I haven't seen her in several months and I spend a lot of time dreaming about our times together....smile...

Megusatanboliches

BA_Robert
01-31-04, 22:57
Elvis

Nice to hear. Iam also a Boca fan. I saw Boca against Talleres and against Independiente last time I was in Argentina.

About the Superclasico. Of course I ment in Argentina. In Europe it is not known at all.

DownBA
02-01-04, 11:45
Havanaman,

Actually, there are some very good writers out there among the Argentinian working chicas. I corresponded with one for almost two years that worked in Playwoman, and she was anything but "stream of consciousness". I'm corresponding with one now from Northern Argentina that capitalizes everything but she used periods at the end of her sentences and occasionally even puts a line between paragraphs. And this one spells "hace" without the h and with an s instead of a c as in "ase" and she constantly uses an s where it should be a c and vica-versa, but then we have the same problem with our English spelling so that particular mistake is pretty easy to understand.

But as for whether this is an Argentinian-wide thing, don't think so at all since I correspond with lots of regular Argentinian girls and their grammar, puntuation and thought processes are all top notch. I think you need to consider the educational level of some of these working girls in order to understand why some of them don't write too well.

Don't despair Havanaman, just keep on trying to understand these girls and before you know it you'll be following right along without scratching your brow. DownBA

Havanaman
02-01-04, 16:56
DownBA,

You are right, and I agree with your conclusions. I’m still at the “flicking through my well thumbed dictionary" stage of learning Spanish and so no doubt my own written Spanish will be raising a chica eyebrow… Interestingly, my written Spanish is better than my speaking Spanish due to all the written practice I get either emailing or chatting online.

I’d love to know if there was any software which one could “talk to” and get logical replies…. or is this just wishful thinking?

We live and learn. If only there was a universal communication language other than sex…

Regards, Havanaman

OttoGraham
02-01-04, 17:04
http://world.altavista.com/

Havanaman, that's a useful translation tool. Not perfect, but it helps.

-Uncle Otto

Havanaman
02-01-04, 21:57
Tío Otto,

Thanks for the site, the Babel Fish Translation works OK, as does http://www.freetranslation.com/

Since I'm a sad old fart academic at heart I still prefer my trusty pocket dictionary...

What I would love to see is some form of audio based software that can offer a reply. I've just found some text reader 'bots for English, but for Spanish texts they stink!

Thanks again.

Regards, Havanaman

Ps. I own the Brooklyn Bridge, so please don't sell it!

DownBA
02-02-04, 15:29
Havanaman, don't sweat the Spanish thing too much for the following reason too: once you learn to really understand what they're talking about you'll ultimately come to an email that translates in one form or another to "PLEASE SEND ME MONEY, THINGS SUCK ECONOMICALLY HERE AND I CAN'T PAY MY BILLS AND MY DAD NEEDS A TRIPLE BY-PASS SURGERY" and yaddy, yaddy, yaddah!!! That unfortunately is what most of these email exchanges lead to, keep learning Spanish and you'll see for yourself. DownBA

MeGustaBoliches
02-02-04, 16:35
DownBA,

LMAO. I have a friend who says all girls have "My waterbuffalo died" stories....An asian thing, I think, but equally applicable to working girls world-wide in one form or another. Some things transcend language!

ChicagoBoy23
02-03-04, 01:56
The official story is

"Mi mama est muey enfermo".... or My mother is very sick

Dancesw/Chicas
02-03-04, 04:20
DownBA
I know exactly what you mean. I went out with this non-pro
in BA and she got to experienced the good life with me.
Then she wrote saying that she was short of 250 pesos for
her 450 pesos rent and if I can send her the money!!
Sometimes amiganovias can be expensive...(if you let them)
DWC

OttoGraham
02-03-04, 12:51
Funny, I set up an appointment with a trixie of my acquaintance on my last trip - when she was an hour late she called and said
"Mi mama es enferma," (my mother is sick you non-Spanish speaking guys!). This was her excuse for cancelling the appointment.

Guess it is taught to girls in Argentine grammar schools to work in a variety of circumstances! :D

-Uncle Otto

Mad Max
02-03-04, 13:20
Hi Guys,

My main squeeze says her mom is sick and has been in Paraguay.

Think I should worry about it?

Dooooouuuugh!

Mad Max

El Chavo
02-03-04, 17:34
My girl just told me, "se me murio el bufalo". Should I send money? :)

Randy Farang
02-03-04, 23:03
DownBA,

Randy Farang
02-03-04, 23:06
Down BA,

Sorry, Amigo, this computer sometimes has a will of it's own.

I liked your posting about the chica that capitalizes everything and always uses a period.

You really only have to worry when they claim that they are missing one!

Randy

eric7
02-04-04, 02:17
Good news on the horizon....Delta plans to resume daily non-stop service from Atlanta to B.A. beginning Dec 01, 2004. I know it's a ways down the line, but something to look forward to:

Delta Air Lines Announces Intent to Resume Service to Buenos Aires from Atlanta
ATLANTA, Jan. 27, 2004 -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) announced today its intention to restart nonstop service between Atlanta and Buenos Aires, Argentina, this winter. Pending government approval, Delta would begin offering customers one daily nonstop flight between its Atlanta hub and Buenos Aires on Dec. 1, 2004, using 204-seat Boeing 767-300ER aircraft.
"We are pleased to offer our customers in Atlanta nonstop service to Buenos Aires -- a city famous for its European architecture, vibrant nightlife and the tango," said Subodh Karnik, senior vice president-Network and Revenue Management. "And customers traveling from Buenos Aires to Atlanta, the world's largest hub, now will have direct access to more than 900 flights daily to more than 180 nonstop cities around the world."
Buenos Aires is one of South America's most important business destinations. Argentina's attractions include the Lake District, Iguazu Falls, the pampas, Patagonia and the wineries of the Cuyo district. Buenos Aires opens the door to world-class skiing, hiking, horseback riding and rock climbing.
Delta currently has the necessary route authority to resume its Atlanta-Buenos Aires service, but that authority will expire on March 31, 2004, unless extended by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT). Delta filed its request for an interim extension with the DOT today.

eric7

Sun Devil
02-04-04, 05:33
Call me a foolish and ignorant American but how is it that almost all of the girls in Argentina are Caucasians?

Unlike the women in the rest of the Western Hemisphere countries, there are hardly, if any, blacks, mulattas or mestizas in the photo section of this country. I am not complaining but just curious.

Also, since Argentinians are predominantly Caucasians, how do they react towards people of other racial backgrounds?

Dickhead
02-04-04, 08:25
Argentina has few blacks because they never had black slavery. Over 60% of Argentineans trace their roots to Italy and the majority of the rest to Spain. Combinations of the above such as my friend Corina are common and it is a nice combination. My study of history tells me that Italians and Spaniards came to Argentina for the grape harvest, to take advantage of the opposite seasons.

There are, however, Indians (indigenous Americans) and mestizos in Argentina but they are not concentrated in Buenos Aires. You do see Indians, primarily and unfortunately beggars. The gals I have met, who are of course primarily prostitutes, were quite anxious to be sure that I knew they were NOT Indians or mestizos and many of them told me that they did not accept black customers. OTOH some black guys have told me that they did quite well with the ladies down there so YEMV.

They use "indio" as a term for "stupid"or "ignorant" down here, unfortunately.

Downunder
02-04-04, 11:14
Thanks for the info dickhead. What you described reminds me of Romanian girls who are offended by being called gypies.

OttoGraham
02-04-04, 13:10
Regarding Argentine history:

You know, not only did Argentina not have (widespread) slavery, it was only about 75 years ago when it was one of the richest countries in the world on a per capita basis - on a rough par with Canada, as a matter of fact. 50 years of Peronism has sapped this legacy, of course. There were some attempts by the Spanish to institute slavery of the Indian population, but this never took hold in Argentina for the same reasons it never took hold in North America.

Over the past century there have been pretty massive amounts of immigration to Argentina from other South American countries, where the population is a high proportion of mixed-race people. Despite the census' numbers, I would bet money that the proportion of truly Caucasian population is now below half. Just look around in Buenos Aires and count for yourself.

-Uncle Otto

Andres
02-04-04, 14:32
Black Argentinians

Argentina held slavery legal until 1813. The remaining black population became the poorest in the Rio de la Plata area, and it was almost annihilated during the yellow fever epidemics of the 1870s. If the epidemics hadn't happened, Argentina would have had a similar African-descent population as of Uruguay (5 to 10%), where the fever didn't hit as hard as in the opposite riverside.

Respect to the deterioration of the Argentine income, it is more related to a lack of further industrialization than of the policies of a given government. Unfortunately, most of the population believed that the country would be able to live forever by selling meat and other crops, but history proved that only high-value industrialized goods can support high standards of living, while food has become an increasingly cheap commodity.

It is estimated that 6 million Spaniards, 5 million Italians and 1 million arabs (mostly Turks) came to Argentina during the immigration waves of the late 1800s, early 1900s.

Hope this helps,

Andres

Sun Devil
02-04-04, 17:01
Thanks for the sociological and history lessons guys.

Now I know why there is no black or mulatto soccer player on the Argentinian national team whereas neighboring Brazil have a plethora of them, such as Ronaldo and Rivaldo.

I am just curious whether the latest economic downturn has humbled the average Argentinian. I have heard that, because of their European ancentries, Argentinians had behaved arrogantly towards the other South American countries that had a sizeable percentage of people of color, i.e. Peru and Brazil.

In addition, I read somewhere that Argentinians had rioted and killed Koreans who were defending their grocery stores, something like what happened during the L.A. riot.

I guess my main point of conversation is how friendly Argentinians are towards those with mixed blood and not 100% Caucasian.

OttoGraham
02-04-04, 17:24
Sun Devil,

I have found Argentines to be gracious, polite, and welcoming to foreign tourists. I am Caucasian, but meet a lot of visiting mongers in my trips. They've been of different colors and nationalities. I've not been told of anything unfavorable on a racial basis by any of them.

Some of the most active posters on this board, as a matter of fact, aren't WASPs like me. If Argentines generally were intolerant or biased against certain nationalities or races of visitors, I think we'd have heard something about this.

That said, individual girls may prefer partners of their own race or color, others may not care, others may prefer someone of a different background. I suppose the same thing applies to mongers as well!

-Uncle Otto

OttoGraham
02-04-04, 19:51
A kind PM from a member alerted me to some travel news. United Airlines is going to be dropping it's Miami-Buenos Aires route beginning May 1.

Service will be shifted to a new non-stop from Chicago to Buenos Aires.

An article discussing this can be found here:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/breaking_news/7781721.htm

-Uncle Otto

DownBA
02-04-04, 20:46
Mad Max, Chicago Boy and Dances with Chicas, yes, all these stories seem to be variations on a few different themes usually starting with the phrase, "My _______ is very sick and I have to go to __________ to be with him/her", then followed by "I spent all of my savings paying the hospital bills for ______ and I can't pay my bills so there's NO OBLIGATION at all, I want you to know that clearly, but please send me money to help me if you don't mind."

No my girl in the northern part of Argentina, the one that capitalizes everything and can't spell Castellano to save her life, recently told me she went to BA for about a week to be with her sick father who had a triple by-pass surgery and she spent all her money and around this time of the year there's very little business in her line of work in Northern Argentina and I politely replied that I just couldn't send her money since I have my own financial headaches. She then accidentally sent me an email intended for one her friends in which she told her friend "The boludo says he can't pay, that he has more bills than he can handle....do you think his story is valid?" So I forwarded her email to her telling her that I believe she accidentally emailed me an email intended for her friend. I then ignored her for about 5 days since she had questioned my word and she emailed me telling me she didn't want me to be mad at her and that if this was the end of our relationship then so be it but she's sorry if that's the case. I then emailed her back telling her that I wasn't mad but that my feelings were hurt that she questioned my word and that she needs to trust me! She emailed me back telling me that I was so right and that she's sorry she asked me for money and I should know how much she digs me and it'll NEVER happen again and yaddy, yaddy, yaddah. And now we're back on track just being email buddies and she hasn't asked me for a penny since.

Finally, to this day I want to give my northern Argentinian honey the benefit of the doubt, but I keep asking myself, "Is her story about her dad valid?" lol. DownBA
PS a variation on the send me money theme seems to also be "I really want these breast enhancements but they're too expensive....can you send me a few grand so I can have luscious C cups for you to suck on sweetie?"

OttoGraham
02-04-04, 21:20
Originally posted by DownBA

"I really want these breast enhancements but they're too expensive....can you send me a few grand so I can have luscious C cups for you to suck on sweetie?"

This is obviously much more reasonable than asking for money for food, rent, or medical care. You should provide a favorable answer to this request, I think! :D

-Uncle Otto

ChicagoBoy23
02-04-04, 23:04
I am of asian descent. I did not notice being treated any differently than somebody of cacausian descent. There are very few asians in Buenos Aires

People in Buenos Aires are very polite. The only ones you have to watch out for are the touts who pull you into ripoff clubs. The tipoff is the room is very dark and they start pouring drinks for you and 2 girls at rate of 1 every 5 minutes.

EZE_Amante
02-05-04, 01:17
DownBA,

I have to agree with tio Otto, seems like a "perfectly natural" request to me, especially since the enhancements would be solely for your benefit :).

EZE

DownBA
02-05-04, 05:19
Hey guys, re the request for the breast enhancements, this gringo LOVES natural titties, small, big, medium great but bring on the silicone jobs and I lose interest fast (in the titties, that is). To me there's nothing more attractive than a gorgeous girl with little, petite natural breasts that really fit her body than the same girl with a huge, engineered rack with obvious signs that you can see and feel. Perfect example is Abril of escortsbaires who has one of the most marvelous little "spinner" bodies I've ever had the pleasure of being with, but you can feel the internal structure of her enhancement job, feels like stiff webbing on the sides of her breasts and this just felt terrible. I would've much preferred this chica with smaller, natural B cups or even A cups than the huge enhanced C or possibly D cups that she has.

Don't get me wrong guys, by the way, I'm not slamming the honey or saying I didn't have a good time with her. As a matter of fact she was utterly pleasant and a joy to be with and I treated her to some awesome daty and fucked her in several positions and she gave me a great ride and took a good pounding from a pretty hefty chorizo like a real trooper. Only complaint was she claimed she had a little cold and didn't want to kiss me on the mouth. DownBA

Minimus
02-05-04, 10:51
As a point of reference, I am a black mongerer, who has been to BA 3 times over the past year (next week will be #4, so I'm looking forward to meeting some of you) and I can say I've never really had a negative experience in BA at the hands of a chica.

At times when I have shown up at chica's doors or they've come to the apartment I've stayed in, there has been some definite surprise on their faces when I open the door, I have always felt welcome by the chicas, be it in the cafes, boliches or apartment girls. As a matter of fact, some of the ladies will tell me, I'm their first black man or 2nd and it's always done with a smile.

MeGustaBoliches
02-05-04, 20:25
We are becoming a very intellectual board, what with all the discussion of the Argentine socio economic structure and history. I will add my two cents worth as a nonArgentino...and at the risk of being presumptous, disagree un poco with Andres....

Indeed, a good portion of the responsibility for the decline in Argentine economy rests with those lacking the vision necessary to move beyond agricultural exports, but the government has to share some of the responsibility as well....

Argentina has a long history of corrupt and inept government.....corruption....for example, under <menham selling off government held assets and pocketing part of the proceeds ....he was not the first, nor will he be the last....
inept....budgets are based on projected revenue, which never seems to match proje3ctions, resulting in huge dficit spending year after year....part of the problem with income tax revenue is that tax evasion is very common here...........

I could go on, but these two examples of government corruption and incompétence serve to illustrate that the problem is mulitfaceted......meanwhile, neighboring Chile has moved ahead of Argentina as a model state in South America........

But the women here are still unbeatable.........on this point I agree with Andres.......

Dancesw/Chicas
02-06-04, 01:26
DownBA,

I think this girl lied to you about she spending all her money...
yadda, yadda. About the implants, if she only could collect a
quater for every guy she plans on having suck them,
money won't be a concern.
DWC

JustGotBack
02-06-04, 05:43
Are they any cheap flights left to BA? I checked some dates in March and they were $1500-$2000 for a round trip. I guess the days of the $300 flights are over. I tried Travelocity and the $800 price, but every single day I tried for 3 months out was booked.

MeGustaBoliches
02-06-04, 10:21
justgotback,

Have you tried carbone-travel.com....they frequently have the best rates. I flew on Tuesday for 800rt, b y purchasing my tix on aa.com.........sales are frequent.....sometimes it pays to wait a week before buying..........also....check farfes from hubs such as mia, and fly seperately to mia on another carrier....

Jaimito Cartero
02-06-04, 11:25
JGB - Are you in the US? If so 1500-2000 is a bit high. If you're not in a hub city, then perhaps try to buy a seperate ticket to the nearest hub, and then from there to BA. If you go to travelocity.com and enter your city, and then enter find cheapest fare, instead of an actual date then you can find better ones.

I've used a consolidator ticket before (adventure-bound.com), and you can find a lot of other good fares if you search a bit.

The two major US flagged carriers are American and United. I think Delta is going to start flying again in the fall. You can also fly Copa through Panama (Large part owned by Continental) thought you're usually overnighting in Panama City.

OttoGraham
02-06-04, 13:36
Fares are up with the increase of tourism to Argentina and the departure of Delta from the market. Their promised reentry is a long way off, so there will not be any downward pressure on prices from them for a year or so.

United does occasionally still run $400-500 "efare" specials to Buenos Aires from many cities, however, with this being the Argentine summer, there are not as many weeks that you can take advantage of this as in the Argentine winter. The last promotion was two weeks ago. You can subscribe to efare notifications by visiting the United website.

Besides American and United, Southern Winds and Aerolineas Argentinas fly from Miami (both) and New York (just Aerolineas). So those are additional options for the budget-wise traveler. (As are Copa, Lan Chile, and Varig, but which require stops in Honduras, Chile, and Brazil, respectively.)

I endorse the good advice given by my brothers below, as well.

-Uncle Otto

MoonDog
02-06-04, 13:47
United is pullling out of the MIA-Latn America market shortly.

Moondog

Exon123
02-06-04, 13:55
Im having the same problem --- Since fuel prices are up as is the demand for Buenos Aires travel United & American are really sticking it too us --- Exon

OttoGraham
02-06-04, 14:44
United is dropping its Miami - Buenos Aires flight in favor of a nonstop from Chicago O'Hare. Chicago is one of United's hubs and Miami isn't, so this change makes sense from their perspective (though perhaps not yours!). UA also flies non-stop from another of its hubs at Washington Dulles.

Personally, I keep track of airline frequent flyer promotions and keep most of my travel on United. Because of this, between now and March 31 I am going to be getting 4x the actual number of miles for my trips down to Buenos Aires. Since my round-trip runs above 10K actual miles, this means each of my next couple of trips will be almost two trips for the price of one affairs, as a round trip to South America costs 50K miles.

In addition, because I do most of my flying on UA, I have elite status on them, which means most of my trips down and back are made in business class (but at a coach fare), which I am allowed to do because I fly them so much. There is just no comparison between coach and business on an overnight flight.

We've talked about these things previously on the board, but it's worth repeating these tips every once in a while.

-Uncle Otto

DownBA
02-06-04, 16:12
Re good promotional fares, I'm faithful to www.despegar.com, it's an Argentinian owned discount travel site and every day they have promotional fares on the home page in the lower right hand corner. Right now they're offering NY- BA for $499.00 which isn't bad at all. It doesn't cost anything to look fellas. DownBA

JustGotBack
02-07-04, 03:22
Thanks everyone for the responses. I'm on the west coast of the US which is the worst place to be for flights to BA in terms of cost. But based on a report in the other thread, I check out Varig. $700 or so to get to BA with a free stop over in Rio. I have to get to LA though which will add $200 or so. But $900 for both cities isn't bad at all.

Exon123
02-07-04, 14:44
Im detecting a troubleing pattern of collusion here --- I.E. price fixing by the major American carriers into Argentina and South America markets -- Both Otto & Moondog claim United is pulling in their horns from Washington and Miami and starting non-stop service from Chicago their major U.S. hub --- While American has just started non-stop service too Buenos Aires from their main hub at Dallas Ft. Worth, cutting back some service from Miami --- And now Delta who gave up that market over two years ago says it wants back in and will start non-stop service from their major hub in Atlanta --- Theres something going on here --- The best numbers Ive been able to find are from the consolidators mentioned below ---- Exon

Dickhead
02-07-04, 15:17
The word you are searching for is oligopoly.

OttoGraham
02-07-04, 17:17
Exon - a point of clarification - United is going to continue to fly to Buenos Aires from Washington, as far as I know. It is the Miami flight which is being relocated to Chicago.

The Washington flight is actually a terrific flight - it leaves late, about 10pm both ways, so it is late enough in the day for most people to already be tired and able to sleep. (A problem I have with early-departing overnight flights is that it is too early for my body to naturally fall alseep for the flight.)

Plus, since the DC-BsAs run is about 10 hours flight time, it lands in BsAs at about 9:30 and in D.C. at 7:00 a.m. - so you have a decent amount of sleep (several hours) and the whole day ahead of you when you arrive.

-Uncle Otto

Jaimito Cartero
02-07-04, 18:03
One weird thing I encountered when flying from GRU to EZE on Varig is that they would not allow you to use any electronics other than a laptap. No music, MP3, CDs, etc. I've never run into this before and it was rather annoying. They claimed it was a Brazilian regulation. I would hope that on a long trip from LA you'd be able to have some entertainment.

JGB - How far are you from LAX? You can often find under $100 fares round trip if you're in an adjoining state. United also has run some sales to EZE in the $500 range in the last 6 months. Remember if you're going to Brazil you'll need a visa.

Nuevo Espanol
02-08-04, 17:14
Gentlemen,

I have been reading this forum for about one year now. In the current vernacular, I have been lurking. First I am amazed by this creation by senõr Jackson. How he has the time to juggle the hundreds of tasks in maintaining this huge website as well as police, edit and start a charity!

I have enjoyed the great writing and wit that so many of you have posted. Uncle Otto’s apparent love of dinning, women and wine is inspirational. Saint, Jamie, Dickhead, Dances, Andres, Bandy, MeGusta, Moon, Exon, Hobby et al. Your fine personalities come through in your posts. Thanks a lot! The time is right, the plan has started. I've got tickets for Buenos Aires.

Since I turn the big 50 this year, I thought that I would spend a couple of weeks in Argentina partying with two sexy 25-year-olds. Any one know I could find them? My plans are to come at the end of March and stay through mid April. Easter occurs during this time and may pose a problem but since I can't move my birthday, the dates are set.

I took Spanish in high school nearly 40 years ago and if I recall correctly I was not very good at it then. I've acquired Pimsleur’s I, II and III lessons and I am immersing myself in Spanish television and radio. I don't understand much or “en Espanõl” … “no entiendo mucho” . To make matters worse, I have only left the US twice and my experience in pay for play is zero(if you ignore alimony and “helping” various girlfriends). So, in essence, my brothers think that I am nuts! I am asking for your input. Do you think that I am nuts?

I'm considering staying in a hotel the first couple of day's and the last couple of day's and perhaps renting an apartment for two weeks in the middle. As of this date I have not found a wingman to travel with me. I'm hoping that some of you fine gentlemen will be in town at the same time and be gracious enough to help a new traveler out with the in’s and out’s of the current scene there.

Of course I'm going to e-mail Myra for accommodations and Roxanne for the obligatory tour of the city. I look forward to enjoying the fine restaurants, drinking the great wine and of course seeing all the beautiful women. It sounds like cell phones are a must and I have not seen much in the forum on the best way to use a cell phone. I don't currently own a cell phone in the US but I would acquire one if necessary before leaving.

I welcome all your suggestions and look forward to meeting any of you who are in town the first half of April.

Nuevo Espanõl

Dickhead
02-09-04, 07:31
You are nuts if you do not go. Screw what your brothers think. Although a knowledge of Spanish definitely enhances the experience, you can have fun without it. I'll be there in semi-late March (until the 26th) and could point you in the right direction. Also, while cell phones are certainly convenient, I never use them and seem to do okay. There are locutorios, or places to make phone calls, every six feet. I think your hotel/apartment/hotel plan is good but I don't see why you would go back to a hotel once you had the apartment. Feel free to PM me if you like.

Chopper
02-09-04, 09:13
Nuevo Espanol,

I was in Buenos Aires for the second time in late September 2003. I definitely recommend that you visit Buenos Aires as it is great value at the moment. The Peso was pegged 1 for 1 with the American Dollar when I was there in '99, and my currency got me three times the value in 2003 compared with '99 (and it’s even better now).

I travelled on my own, but then I'm an experienced traveller and comfortable travelling that way. As with travelling to anywhere, if you can’t travel with someone you already know don’t travel unless you are comfortable with travelling on your own. You will generally find that you meet people along way and you can better assess their intentions that way.

Although I'm sure most of our fellow contributors are fine upstanding people I'm a bit concerned that by advertising your situation, the way you have, that you may be setting yourself up for trouble if you arrange to meet any of these people, but do your research and don’t let what I write stop you exploring that line of thinking. By or means read what has been written by all contributors and make use of the information wisely.

My Spanish isn't great but I did a term of spanish lessons that at least helped me know how to pronounce the language, and I could always then refer to a pocket phrase book. My Spanish was not good enough to carry on a conversation, but enough of the girls speak English for this not to be a problem and it proved no barrier to picking up girls in Buenos Aires.

Neuvo, don't take a cell phone you don't need it.

I am pleased to report that I didn't find Buenos Aires any more dangerous than when I was there in '99. That said as a traveller you can always expect some type of scam or problem.

My only problem in BA on this occasion was being sprayed with mustard (the second time this has occurred in BA). If you know how to handle this situation it is no problem, but simply a nuisance. The idea is that they spray you with mustard and they expect you to put down what ever bag you are carrying (to wipe it off) and then the thieves run off with it. Simply do not put down any bag that you have but go straight back to your hotel and get changed.

I am pretty sure the culprits on this occasion were a male and female, but like the first time, they got nothing.

I didn’t visit all the clubs but I particularly enjoyed ‘Hook’ in Centro and ‘Shampoo’ near
Recoletta on this trip and recommend these establishments. Girls were generally about
150 - 200 pesos for a couple of hours although you may need to bargain down. I’m sure you can get cheaper. I had a real Dominican Republic sweetie ‘Maria’ from Hook
(twice). She told me she had lived in BA for about 5 years. From Shampoo, I took
Karolina a pretty and voluptious Brazilian with jeans that looked like they had been
sprayed on, and a killer cleavage.

I have shown footage of Karolina to some friends and without exception every
guy who has seen my video footage of the clothed Karolina has had there eyes try to pop out of their sockets. Sorry guys I will not put this on the net.

I stayed at the ‘Goya’ (same street as Hook ) which were reasonable digs for only 50 pesos a night (I had no problems bringing the girls back (must leave their ID at reception).

You never know I may return to South America (and BA in particular) in the coming months.

By the way any news, or photos of the Maria or Karolina mentioned in my report would be welcome.

Chopper

OttoGraham
02-09-04, 13:04
Nuevo Espanol,

I think you're a perfect candidate for a Buenos Aires trip.

Personally, as a first-time visitor, I would recommend you stay in a decent hotel, rather than go the apartment route. I've been there something like 8 or 10 times (lost count) but still prefer to have a hotel. It is a bit safer, as well. (Read back to see what happened to my friend Capt Dave on New Year's Eve - and what happened to him is all the more disappointing because he is an experienced visitor and monger! But even so, it is an isolated example and I would not let that keep you from visiting.)

As for a couple of 25-year olds, my advice is to find them when you come down. Don't arrange anything before you come, except of course the accomodation and touristy things. The lifestyle will sweep you up once you get there, and before long you will be an old hand.

Do continue to practice Spanish before you come. It's not a hard language to learn, and you will be amazed at how much more you will learn once you spend a couple of weeks there. On one of my longer trips, I even commenced to dreaming in Spanish, even though my formal education in this language is about the same as yours.

You already know there's a wealth of information on the board, but feel free to ask questions if there's something you don't find the answer to, or want an update on.

-Uncle Otto

BA_Robert
02-09-04, 20:49
Nuevo espanol:

good spanish will enhance your experience but you can get by without knowing as much as a word and still have a good time.

Most mongers usually stay around Recoleta. One popular hotel with mongers is the hotel Etoile. In fact mongers usually gather in the lobby of this hotel for nightly assults on the clubs.

The notorious AMA (Argentine Mongers Association) meet once a week (I think. see previous messages) in the lobby of the Etoile. This should be your safest bet.

Also the hotel Etoile provides free cellphones without any additional costs (of course you have to pay for the calls you make).

I have stayed in the Etoile during my past visits and can recommend it. I will also be in BA during April and I will stay at the Etoile. Feel free to PM me if you like.

BA_Robert

Hefe
02-09-04, 23:04
ba robert,

etoile no longer give free cell phones as they did in the past. that is the one disappointing thing I noticed about Etoile.

HappyGoLucky
02-09-04, 23:18
JustGotBack,

Try this consolidator. They usually can't be beat, unless you're in S. Cal.

America's Travel
1-888-703-9955
http://www.americastravel.net/airfare/index.htm

OttoGraham
02-09-04, 23:44
Personally, I think Etoile is even more of a dump now than when I stayed in it on my first trip to BsAs. And it was a dump then. IMO the only thing that recommends it is location.

That said, there are much better deals in the same area.

-Uncle Otto

One Tree Hill
02-10-04, 02:14
Anyone having trouble accessing www.argentinaprivate.com?

I cant get it to load on my browser. Any word guys?

Use argentinaprivate.com, without the "www".

One Tree Hill
02-10-04, 20:14
Jackson,

Thanks. I kinda feel silly. I also tried to access from links page which has the WWW on it - FYI you might want to change that.

Cheers

[bllue]Actually, it myself that should feel a little silly, because I need to get it in gear and fix the DNS problem.

Jackson[/blue]

DownBA
02-10-04, 22:22
BA_Robert, I guess when you speak perfect Swedish you can have a GREAT time in BA even if you don't speak una palabra of Spanish, LOL. Will never forget the look of shock on your face when that incredible hostess started speaking great Swedish to you!!!

Otto, now that I know your opinion of the Etoile I've got to tell you this great example of what you're talking about: when I stayed there in October of 2002 (same tour of duty as Bandy and BA_Robert and Bond) the window in the bathroom wouldn't stay closed and I realized that it was because part of the lock was missing. So when I called the front desk to ask that they fix it they said no problem and they certainly did fix it: they had a "handyman" come up and screw the thing permanently shut!!! Perfect example of Argentino-engineering!! Not really, I actually work professionally with some excellent Argentinian mechanical engineers and they're totally professional and competent, unlike the boludos that "fixed" my bathroom window. Hope you're chuckling Uncle Otto! DownBA

Kapalika
02-10-04, 23:54
Hey all,

Sitting here in Australia on my computer last night, and I was going through Jacksons List of Escort websites. Found a beauty in sensualbaires. The best part about this particular website is the search facilty, which revealed to me yesterday that 31 girls "speak ingles" and are willing to travel overseas. I wrote to Emmanuel - web site said she's on holidays.

Yours Sincerly,

Kapalika

Ps No, my name does not mean "likes head" but translates to "skull carrying holy man".

PPS Jackson, Adult friend finders can suck my dick. Worldsexguide should have a worldwide escort agency of these beautyful Argentinian woman. Your forums need to speak about sexuality for todays man. Why hide the treasures here. If you can wait another year, I can invest $100,000 in a "revamped WSG". Who yas it that said "I have a dream".

Dickhead
02-11-04, 09:37
A lot of those girls are lying when they say they speak English and a lot of them aren't able to travel outside the Mercosur countries.

MeGustaBoliches
02-11-04, 16:08
Dickhead, Lying is a harsh word....As a friend of Moondog´s is fond of saying, ¨speaks English¨means she can say ¨Come on you-me, you hotel 200 pesos pleeaze¨.....what more do you need...sonrisa

MeGustaBoliches
02-11-04, 16:10
Unc....if you would just break down and go for a nice apartment, you wouldn´t have all those problems with hotel dumps.....sonrisa

Skinless
02-11-04, 16:19
So, what are the job/business opportunities in BA for a professional guy with some capital?

BA_Robert
02-11-04, 17:41
Uncle Otto,

I wouldn't go as far as to call it a dump. Sure, the wallpaper stinks. There are both pros (location, the view of the cemetary, the gym) and cons. Let's just say that I've stayed in better places.

DownBA,

I can't forget the it myself.

BA_Robert

OttoGraham
02-11-04, 17:49
Last trip I stayed at Lois Suites Recoleta, which is one block from the Etoile. First class, comfortable mattresses (take THAT, Etoile!), new rooms, no peeling wallpaper (;)), great location, and no restrictions on the number of guests I could take up to my room. Mayra got me a US$110 rate, which was less than half the rack rate. I am always happy to stay in this place, especially if I am only in town for a couple of days.

Trip before that, I stayed in an apartment on Posadas, near Patio Bullrich mall. It was US$50 a day, but to be honest I liked living in a hotel better. At least somebody changed my sheets every day! :D

But of all the places I stay, the best value/quality combo is the Dazzler Hotel, which runs about US$45 with tax. Not brand new, but clean and chica friendly, and two blocks walk from the Suipacha clubs, and a two dollar cab ride from the Recoleta clubs. It is sometimes difficult to get in there, even when Mayra is taking care of it for me. I like to stay here when I am in town for a week or two.

Remember, apartments have their own set of problems. Don't forget what happened to Capt Dave on New Year's Eve. Read the General Info section if you don't know.

-Uncle Otto

Dickhead
02-12-04, 07:45
I meant to say that some of the girls exaggerate their ability to speak English.

DownBA
02-12-04, 10:17
Otto, as a matter of fact, in December I stayed at the Dazzler on your recommendation and I believe you were RIGHT ON my friend! I loved the hotel, thought the $39.00 per night price for a double was just fine and the location is awesome.....it's a five minute walk from that awesome building on the 1100 block of Santa Fe where Bibiana, Abril, Sandy and so many other incredible honeys live or have apartments they work out of! I mean, you can start on the first floor and work your way up to like the 15th and screw a different chica every 15 minutes! And not to mention how close a walking distance it is from the famous Santa Fe 1701 cat house, etc, etc, etc. Great recommendation Otto! I won't hesitate to stay there again. And the faces on some of the receptionists there! Oh My God, why must I suffer so!?! DownBA

Dickhead
02-12-04, 11:27
The relief bartender at the Dazzler was a hell of a fox. Ditto the desk clerk with the light brown hair.

MeGustaBoliches
02-12-04, 20:13
Skinless,

You may have read the Millionaire Next Door, which suggests that most millionaires make their money in areas that are not very sexy, such as paving companies...I think the same principle applies here in Buenos Aires....rent a parking garage, buy or lease taxis to drivers....put together an investment group to buy an operating estancia in some place llike Entre Rios or Santiago de Estero.....

This having been said, I am not sure now is a good time to invest in Argentina....prices have skyrocketed in Buenos Aires over the past year as the economy has improved. The debt has not gone away, and there is a March 9 deadline for payment to the international community.....the govt may well default again....which would trigger another crisis.....

better to earn your dollars in the United States and party in Argentina......or use your computer here to earn bucks in the states......

If I were a little more daring, I would by an inexpensive apt in the new Le Parc apartment building going up in Puerto Madero...le parc in Palermo is the most exclusive building in Buenos Aires.....I suspect the new one will also be in demand....and you can buy now at pre construction prices.....as low as 85 k.......

Skinless
02-14-04, 08:54
Megusta: Gracias. Muy amable.

DownBA
02-14-04, 16:50
Regarding working in BA, seems like at www.buenosairesherald.com there are classified ads seeking people with impeccably good English skills to work in BA in a variety of job functions, sales, telemarketing, consulting, etc. Maybe a good place to look for you folks living in BA looking for work. DownBA

Cajun Muscle
02-17-04, 17:27
I would like to visit either central or south America in late March or April and would like to ask you guys which country would fit my list of needs. I have read a lot of good things on this form about Argentina, Costa Rica and Peru but the exchange rate for these countries dont seem to be nearly as good as Columbia or Chile. I would also like to know the best web sites to get the lowest airfares to central,south America from the western US.

1. A country that has hot beautiful working girls that are very cheap(20-50 dollars all day or all night action)
2. One in which the ladies(both working and regular ladies)are crazy for white American men for GFE.One in which it is very easy to get dates at bars,malls,discos,coffee shops etc.
3. The country that has the best airfares from western US.
4. Cheap lodging.

This is a great form and you guys have given me a lot of very useful info.Thanks for all the great help you guys give!

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to add a spaces periods at the ends of sentences. To avoid delays in future reports, please include one blank space after the period at the end of sentences. Thanks!

The Galvanizer
02-20-04, 05:32
Hey guys!

I'm a long-time reader but first time writer. I look forward to being a worthy contributor and hopefully meet up with you guys in B.A. Here's the thing, I've been wanting to plan a trip to the exotic land of Argentina for some time now but have opted instead to go to such places as Oases in Frankfurt, Warsaw, Bangkok, Pattaya, and my backyard-not-so-favorite-watering-***** Tijuana. Ooops I meant hole. Tijuana, although only a 3 hour drive for me, has lost most of its appeal on this young lad. Sure, paying $60 plus $11 for the room is not an altogether a bad deal. However, continuing to pay that amount for a quick 30 minutes (more like 15min because of the one ejaculation rule) is no longer sufficient for this lad. I definately want to go to B.A. but what I need to know from you lads is whether girls are expected to perform continously during the time agreed. Say I call Roxana and schedule 2 hours with some Platynum girl. Will it be expected from that girl to perform till my heart's content, whether its after 2,3,6 ejaculations? This concern of mine will solidify my decision on whether to go or not.

Thanks in advance and hope to be there soon.

Knuckhead
02-20-04, 17:02
Hello Galvanizer, and congratulations for the good decision to join the B.A. Crowd. As much as I aspire to be one, I am yet not a B.A. regular, but merely a B.A. lover who has had the privilage of having been to enough mongering destinations in the world to be able to make a valid comparison. I'll try to answer your question about the number of pops allowed in a certain amount of time:

Compared to most commercial sex scenes such as AMS RLD and BKK, the sex experience in B.A. is more laid back, and things are much more negotiable. Having traveled as much as you have, I am sure you know that there are some places in the world that the "one pop" rule is not only implied, but clearly understood by everyone and the "norm". Examples include RLD in Amsterdam, Tijuana, and most working ladies in Paris. There are other places that the companionship is strictly based on time, and the number of pops is irrelevant. One such example is Prague (most working ladies immediately start on a second round after the first one is finished).

Being one of the leading monger destinations of the world, B.A. offers the whole spectrum, although it tends to be closer to the "companionship" model, in general. If you read the 2004 reports, for example, several referrences have been made to Santa Fe 1707. This is an apartment where you can see a parade of 4-10 girls, pick the one you like, and go to the room with her for the entire hour. With few exceptions, most mongers report being offered more than one pop in the one hour period (I was, with a girl called Mony). So in this case the experience is "time based" as opposed to "pop based -LOL".

On the other hand, if you take out a girl out of a club such as Madahos, then as a general rule they tend to wrap things up after your first pop, unless the agreement is for the entire night (TLN). Note, however, that the rules are a LOT more flexible here and the experience of many mongers will undobtedly be different than mine. For sure, if you want to have more than one pop you can specify this to the girl before you take her out and make sure there is an agreement. In most cases, you will be probably able to get a session that lasts about 90 minutes and includes 2 pops for a slightly inflated price compared to what you would have paid for strictly "short term". Lots of times the chicas may end up "hanging around" after the session anyway. Again, the rules are a lot less rigid here.

Read the many posts in the 2002 and 2003 sections, and you will have a general idea before you show up. At any rate, you will NOT be disappointed by B.A.

May your "pop"s be numerous!!

HappyGoLucky
02-21-04, 21:35
FYI,
Slumming around BA I stumbled into a local farmacia and inquired about the availability of Tadalafilo (AKA "le weekender" in Europe, and Cialis). Apparently there is no generic and the cost here is about the same in the States! Fu**king drug companies...