PDA

View Full Version : Necessary documents for renewing working-visa

Dutchy
05-28-09, 12:59
Does anyone has experience with renewing a working visa recently?

Officialy I don't work anymore at the place which did me get my visa, but for renewing my working-visa Migraciones told me I should deliver a certified declaration of continueing working activities.

Did someone of you already delivered this document and did they ask for more documents later in the procedure (like salary sheets etc?

Thanks!

Thomaso276
05-28-09, 20:04
I think they will definitely ask for a criminal history from the PFA, check out their web page.

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/

Dutchy
05-29-09, 13:40
Thomaso,

Thanks, I have / can have al the papers stated in the link but, officialy I don't work anymor for the person who 'employed' me one year ago. I can get a declartion for him but I cannot deliver salary recevements if they might ask for it as an extra proove.

Joe Hernandez
05-29-09, 16:33
What's your source of income now?

Dutchy
05-30-09, 14:20
From a rental in europe.

Joe Hernandez
05-30-09, 15:10
Why do you want a residence in Argentina then?

El Queso
05-30-09, 15:52
Dutchy,

There are a lot of us who live here without an official visa, beyond what they grant when you enter the country, good for 90 days. We cross the border to Uruguay every 90 days to renew that visa. Some of us have lived here for a large amount of time like that with no problems.

In fact, I have lived here about three years like that, have a two year lease on a house, own a car and even have health insurance.

Particularly if you are not actually working here, you would probably be fine with that, unless you are looking to buy property and such, in which case you would probably still be ok but might be an additional reason to look for a more secure visa.

Rock Harders
05-30-09, 15:55
Mongers,

In order to renew a working visa at Migraciones, the following documents will need to be presented:

-Receibo de Sueldos for the past 12 months.

-Copies of payments of Cargas Sociales from the sponsoring business.

-Copies of payments of IVA for the sponsoring business.

-Copies of payments of Ingresos Brutos for the Sponsoring business.

-Copies of payments of Ganancias (if any) for the sponsoring business.

-Criminal background check from the PFA (antecedentes penales)

-in order to get this, you will have to go to the Comisaria closest to your residence and order a Certificado de Domicilio. You must present the Certificado de Domicilio at the Derechos Humanos building on Tucuman between Uruguay and Talcahuano to order the criminal background check.

-A work contract between the business owner or legally empowered corporate officer and the employee.

-The people at Migraciones are assholes and if one little thing is missing, wrong or unclear they will not issue the renewal.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Dutchy
05-31-09, 18:49
Thanks to all. I do own real estate here so losing my residecny would not make it easier to sell it one day, and furthermore, doing bussiness here is also easier with a legal status.

Thank you Rock Harders for the detailed info.

Member #3320
05-31-09, 22:55
Mongers,

In order to renew a working visa at Migraciones, the following documents will need to be presented:

-Receibo de Sueldos for the past 12 months.

-Copies of payments of Cargas Sociales from the sponsoring business.

-Copies of payments of IVA for the sponsoring business.

-Copies of payments of Ingresos Brutos for the Sponsoring business.

-Copies of payments of Ganancias (if any) for the sponsoring business.

-Criminal background check from the PFA (antecedentes penales)

-in order to get this, you will have to go to the Comisaria closest to your residence and order a Certificado de Domicilio. You must present the Certificado de Domicilio at the Derechos Humanos building on Tucuman between Uruguay and Talcahuano to order the criminal background check.

-A work contract between the business owner or legally empowered corporate officer and the employee.

-The people at Migraciones are assholes and if one little thing is missing, wrong or unclear they will not issue the renewal.

Suerte,

Rock HardersVery informative and useful post. Thanks.