PDA

View Full Version : Weather in July

Quick78
05-31-09, 06:02
Mongers,

I am trying to convince a friend to take a trip down to BA (1st time for him, 2nd for me) in July. The problem is he hates cold weather, and seeing how it will be winter time down there I wanted to find out from all of you how cold does it really get. He's been on the hunt in Montreal and even Vegas, so I'm sure he's going to go nuts down here, so your help is much appreciated.

Joe Hernandez
05-31-09, 06:41
The weather in July isnt really that good, if you don't like cold nights you are probally better off staying in Vegas or Montreal.

Bring your winter clothes!

Member #3320
05-31-09, 12:41
The weather in July is NOT good. It will be cold and you need jackets in day time as well.

However the word "cold" has different meaning for different people. if your friend is from a v warm country, let say, all his life he has lived in Oman.. he will definitely find Argentina (BA) cold in July but say he has lived in Norway (Bergen) all his life, the cold of BA may be actually hot for him!

Saludos!

TejanoLibre
05-31-09, 17:57
Mongers,

I am trying to convince a friend to take a trip down to BA (1st time for him, 2nd for me) in July. The problem is he hates cold weather, and seeing how it will be winter time down there I wanted to find out from all of you how cold does it really get. He's been on the hunt in Montreal and even Vegas, so I'm sure he's going to go nuts down here, so your help is much appreciated.Recently the nights have been around 4 to 13 degrees celsius.

That would be 40 to 55 degrees!

Where in the hell is 55 degrees EVER cold?

The single WORST thing about this place is the goddamn heat and humidity!

I should be accustomed to heat and humidity because I am from Houston, Texas but I just can not deal with the heat down here!

I see the little faggots walking down the street with gloves on in broad daylight!

The pussies! NON-MEN!

Lately it's 60 to 75 during the day! You see these fucking pansies wearing a tee shirt, a shirt, a jacket and another jacket!

I do not even own a jacket and I have been here for (5) winters!

I have been in the snow up to my ass at the top of the mountain without anything on my upper body! That was awesome. Made the Argies cringe!

Hey look at the Crazy Texan! Taking pictures and videos!

So look it up man!

It´s been as hot as 85 degrees in July !

It is not so cold that you can't deal with it!

If you are going to be sitting outside and drinking cold beer in a tank-top at 4 am when it's 39 degrees then you MIGHT be a little cold!

But only if there is a breeze!

Plus you will undoubtedly be using cabs so you will NEVER be outside for more than a minute!

EVERY fucking bank, store, 7-Eleven, bar, disco, coffee shop, etc, will have their GODDAMN HEATERS ON FULL BLAST!

IT'S SICK! You can't escape the misery!

The Privados will be too hot to fuck in!

THESE PEOPLE ARE PUSSIES!

Imagine a GROWN man wearing gloves because it's 60 fucking degrees!

TL.

It's a SPECTACULAR 55 degrees today baby! Not a cloud in sight and zero wind!

Quietman
05-31-09, 22:50
Thanks for the update on the weather, Tejanolibre. Another Texan heading down Wednesday. Sounds like the weather is pleasant this time of the year. If anyone needs anything from the states, let me know by Wednesday.

Lloyd Journey
06-02-09, 02:34
Thanks for the update on the weather, Tejanolibre. Another Texan heading down Wednesday. Sounds like the weather is pleasant this time of the year. If anyone needs anything from the states, let me know by Wednesday.Make that two Texans. Though I'm not due for a couple more weeks I'm already anxious to get out of this growing Houston heat.

Artisttyp
06-05-09, 20:15
I am getting a little confused here. I am coming down Wednesday and noticed the temperatures are quite high during the day (60's). Is it the norm or is this just a fluke this year?

I am staying until July 10 so I assume I should bring a heavy winter coat right?

Argento
06-05-09, 21:30
I am getting a little confused here. I am coming down Wednesday and noticed the temperatures are quite high during the day (60's) Is it the norm or is this just a fluke this year?

I am staying until July 10 so I assume I should bring a heavy winter coat right?Right!

Argento

TejanoLibre
06-05-09, 21:48
Right!

ArgentoHow often will you be standing around outside?

Most of your time will be spent in a cheap Privado under some cheap *****'s butt!

We Hope!

I'm wearing short sleeves during the day. In the sun you will sweat!

If it's not windy it's not cold ever!

I have been walking (75) blocks per day and that's from about 12:30 to 2:30 pm.

It's been really beautiful!

Your from NY and your a little worried?

It's been high 60's lately!

Late at night it may get to about 40 but you will not be in the street at 5 am!

I will be, and your welcome to come with me, but it's not cold if you have enough 'anti-freeze'in your tank!

JUST CHECK THE WEATHER REPORTS!

Average temp. In BA during said time period:

57 during the day.

Add in the GODDAMN humidity and it can get super nasty in any bar, resto, Privado, bank, store,

TL

Wild Walleye
06-06-09, 00:38
I am staying until July 10 so I assume I should bring a heavy winter coat right?Where the fuck are you coming from? Hell? If you need a winter coat at 60 degrees, you are one thin-blooded mo-fo.

July in Bs As is like a warm spring day in London (could snow, could be hot as balls)

That said, unless you a some sort of wimp, there is no need for a true winter coat at any time during the year in Bs As.

If you go skiing or some other activity further south, sure a parka might come in handy. However, in my 20+ visits to Bs As, I have never included more than a cashmere sweater and a blazer and I have never been cold.

Hound
06-06-09, 00:43
BA weather (historical and current year) by month, day and hour. Sunrise / set, humidity, wind, rain, temps high and low, forecast.

All major world cities.

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/87582.html#History

El Queso
06-06-09, 00:50
Sorry TL, but I have to disagree with you to an extent. I wouldn't want Artisttyp to think it's quite so balmy ALL the time.

It's gotten down around 5 centigrade (can't be bothered to convert - but it's cold) a couple of times in the last week or so, according to the guards in my neighborhood. Granted, I'm in the burbs, it's going to be colder. And it's just at night - the days have been from warm (not as common) to chilly, particularly with some of the rainy days we've had in the last month those chilly days can be miserable when you're out and about.

There are a very large amount of poeple sick in this area. I don't know how it is in town, but my wife has a friend who lives in town and drove out yesterday to see her, who was sniffling and talking about how many people she knew were all sick. Bacteria for the most part, a mild virus in some cases but according to the doctor who saw my wife today (the doctor who saw me early in the week was out sick) says there is not much as much serious flu.

To me it's a winter that reminds me a lot of winters in Houston (where I'm from too) except maybe a little less chilly. Some Christmases we would be on the porch in our shorts and t-shirts enjoying a warm breeze, and three days later it would be around freezing (but in Houston we might even have ice on the ground for a few days - snow rarely, maybe every ten years)

Bring a coat (but not too heavy, a heavy jacket) bring a sweater, you'll probably wear a shirt most of the time, maybe add a sweater if it's chilly, and replace the sweater with the coat or add if need be on the off chance that it gets cold enough to snow like it did last year (or was it the year before, I guess, now! Damn time flies) Bring a windbreaker if you have room as well. Might be all you need.

However, TL is very right about one thing (not just this one thing! He is right about other stuff too. Sometimes.:)) The Argies love to heat most indoor places. A lot. And when it warms up for a few days, they leave the thermostats alone in a lot of places and it can be HOT. And still the Argies are dressed in their coats, hats, gloves, etc. Inside. In the heat.

Argento
06-06-09, 07:47
Most residents who can afford one, have a heavy overcoat and the use it. Why? Because the Antarctic winds that are prevalent in winter have a chill factor below zero. When it is raining it is generally warmer but the temperature range in the Federal Capital at this time of the year is 3 to 7 degrees at dawn and gets up to 12 most days with an occasional 17 degrees like yesterday. Residents like me pack a coat at this time of the year and experienced Buenos Aires mongers like Sidney piss off to the Dominican Republic. Mas o minus, pussy is pussy where ever you go but this place can be bitterly cold. No rose-coloured glasses here!

Argento

Barat Carl
06-10-09, 01:44
I've been there in July. Reminded me a lot of North Carolina weather in the winter. Cold enought to wear a jacket but not enough for gloves and snow.

Md2000
06-11-09, 14:04
I had no idea that Buenos Aires was so cold in July, I'll be in the area July 19- August 1. I was planning on packing only t-shirts and shorts! Thanks for this thread

Artisttyp
06-12-09, 21:42
I am a "weather wimp". My take on the weather is it's like a cool spring or fall day in new york. Sometimes you are warm in the sun sometimes cool on shady streets. Never freezing but you do play the hot / cold game all day which isnt fun.

I find the combination of a regular shirt plus a wool lumber jack type shirt, scarf (hat at night *maybe) and a decent fall / winter jacket is appropiate.

I would not recommend sleeping anywhere without heat!

I also brought flannel lined jeans. I know I will get called a faggot for this but hey my balls are warm and I can drink at an outdoor cafe without any problems.

TejanoLibre
06-13-09, 23:07
I am a "weather wimp". My take on the weather is it's like a cool spring or fall day in new york. Sometimes you are warm in the sun sometimes cool on shady streets. Never freezing but you do play the hot / cold game all day which isnt fun.

I find the combination of a regular shirt plus a wool lumber jack type shirt, scarf (hat at night *maybe) and a decent fall / winter jacket is appropiate.

I would not recommend sleeping anywhere without heat!

I also brought flannel lined jeans. I know I will get called a faggot for this but hey my balls are warm and I can drink at an outdoor cafe without any problems.Flannel lined jeans? Never heard of such a thing!

Do they actually make them in MEN'S sizes?

HA HA HA!

Faggot!

It's the damn humidity that makes the cool air feel colder than it may be.

Hell, just get Karla from El Templo de Andrea to be your ¨ball-warmer¨!

I personally would rather be a little cold and uncomfortable when I'm outside than have to carry around a jacket and scarf and sweater. And LOSE all of the items on the train, buses and cabs!

Worldtraveler69 lost his LEATHER jacket on a cold night!

You get fucked-up and you forget your stuff. It happens!

TL in a Tee-Shirt!

Artisttyp
06-14-09, 19:11
Flannel lined jeans? HA HA HA!

Faggot!How did I know you would be the one to respond? I actually left that piece of cheese out knowing you would claw on it!

Actually flannel lined jeans are too much for now at least these past few days. My balls are now sweating.

I look forward to getting my non flannel lined jeans back from the tailor on Monday.

Whatever else I said still stays.

Wild Walleye
06-15-09, 00:48
Weather so nice that during the days, I have been able to snooze on my chaise on the patio and get some sun (while enjoying a big fat stogie-yes, I can sleep and smoke at the same time) had a nice 2:1 bbbjx2 on the patio last night before ajoining to boudoir and at this very minute, I am standing on patio with jeans, t-shirt and bare feet (no chica at the moment) and enjoying it.-

The flannel will just get all matted and nasty when covered with jiz.

[QUOTE=TejanoLibre]Flannel lined jeans? HA HA HA!

Faggot!

How did I know you would be the one to respond? I actually left that piece of cheese out knowing you would claw on it!

Actually flannel lined jeans are too much for now at least these past few days. My balls are now sweating.

I look forward to getting my non flannel lined jeans back from the tailor on Monday.

Whatever else I said still stays.

Md2000
06-15-09, 14:13
So does all this mean that I shouldnt pack any shorts or t-shirts? And just stick with jeans and long sleeve shirts.

Also. Kind of unrelated but are there typically dress codes at Argentian clubs?

Should I pack any dressier clothes?

Wild Walleye
06-15-09, 22:11
I was even able to entertain an amiga on the patio at about 3 am. She was a little cold but I didn't notice it (except for the high-hats) During the days, if the sun it out, a dress shirt or t-shirt is all I have been wearing and at night I have been adding a light sweater or blazer (keep in mind that I am a coldblooded, heartless, right-wing extremist, so I may not notice the cold)

As far as dressy clothes, I doubt too many of the chicas could differentiate between Isaia and the GAP. I think that you will get a little more attention from the ladies if you look like you can afford the finer things in life (however, they may also start with a higher offer, just stick to the pricing parameters herein.

So does all this mean that I shouldnt pack any shorts or t-shirts? And just stick with jeans and long sleeve shirts.

Should I pack any dressier clothes?

TejanoLibre
06-15-09, 22:11

Should I pack any dressier clothes?It depends on the type of club.

There are a few of the better clubs that require slacks, collars and prohibit tennis shoes.

I was able to get into Madaho's in shorts!

Speak ENGLISH LOUDLY, bribe the doorman-bouncer or act like you don't understand Spanish all at the same time if you have a problem!

I am talking about discos, after-office bars only.

Museum and Big One. Excellent pick-up bars!

The best selection of NON-WORKING Chicas on the make in BA!

ONLY ON Wednesday NIGHTS! After 6:30.

They get really good by 10:00 pm.

Again:

4,000 to 5,000 chicas !

NON-WORKING CHICAS 25 to 45 years old and in large hunting parties!

Speak English Get Laid!

Maybe not the first night. You should be able to pull-out at least (5) phone numbers and e-mails.

If your talking about Hooker Bars. Anything goes! Ripped jeans, shorts, etc.

Ask for the manager if the dork at the door won't let you in!

TL

BA Luvr
06-16-09, 00:28
I would only add a suggestion for a light windbreaker. That and a long sleeve shirt will get you through almost anything. A winter in BA is like Spring in Chicago.

Moore
06-17-09, 03:02
Museum and Big One. Excellent pick-up bars!

Speak English Get Laid!The English may generate initial attention (good), but you better speak a decent amount of Spanish too if you are looking to pick up the local chicas.

Didn't Big One turn into a gay bar? Haven't been there in a few years but it did use to be easy pickings in that place (if you are foreign and can talk to the girls in their language).

TejanoLibre
06-17-09, 18:28
The English may generate initial attention (good) but you better speak a decent amount of Spanish too if you are looking to pick up the local chicas.

Didn't Big One turn into a gay bar? Haven't been there in a few years but it did use to be easy pickings in that place (if you are foreign and can talk to the girls in their language)The remnants of what was once Opera Bay in Puerto Madero now use Big One for their After-Office Wednesdays.

Great crowd! Packed from early on till about 2 am.

Best time is about 10:00.

This WHOLE city is a fucking GAY BAR!

More on that in a minute!

TL