PDA

View Full Version : Bldg. Bombed in BA Last Night

TejanoLibre
08-04-09, 23:52
The airline office ¨ L. A. N ¨, on the corner of Cerrito and Paraguay, was fire-bombed last night.

About (55) ft. From my usual bus stop at the usual time! (4am)

SHIT!

This is accross the street from X and catty-corner from La Madalein!

Catty for sure!

Blew the shit out of the glass doors .

Anyway, the bomb had a very low yield blast. Mine are A LOT better!

The Vigilante!

TL

Tequila Tim
08-05-09, 09:57
The airline office ¨ L. A. N ¨, on the corner of Cerrito and Paraguay, was fire-bombed last night.

About (55) ft. From my usual bus stop at the usual time! (4am)

SHIT!

This is accross the street from X and catty-corner from La Madalein!

Catty for sure!

Blew the shit out of the glass doors.

Anyway, the bomb had a very low yield blast. Mine are A LOT better!

The Vigilante!

TLSomebody was obviously not too thrilled about their last seat assignment.

Jaimito Cartero
08-05-09, 14:10
I've actually had pleasant experiences with LAN, even while in coach. Now, if they had done a few US airlines, they'd probably have my sympathy.

I'm wondering if it was just random violence?

El Perro
08-05-09, 14:16
I've actually had pleasant experiences with LAN, even while in coach. Now, if they had done a few US airlines, they'd probably have my sympathy. I'm wondering if it was just random violence?LAN's major local competitor is Aerolineas. Hmmm..

Jaimito Cartero
08-05-09, 19:02
LAN's major local competitor is Aerolineas. Hmmm.I've never heard anything good about Aerolineas. I'm surprised they're still in business.

SteveC
08-05-09, 19:16
I've never heard anything good about Aerolineas. I'm surprised they're still in business.The worst of the worst. Never again.

Moore
08-06-09, 00:07
Come on now Aerolineas Argentinas is fun!

You just have to accept it for what it is - an airline of a 2nd /3rd world country.

Besides using them a fair bit within Argentina and to Brasil, I've also flown them to Europe and Australia. Never had a problem.

One of the best perks is that they have their own terminal at EZE where the crowds are far less. You breeze thru international checkin and departure / arrival customs in a few minutes almost every time.

It's been 2-3 years now but at that time they were still serving unlimited free Quilmes beer even on the domestic flights. Possibly the only decent cut of beef I ever had on an airplane was on Aerolineas. They don't make you wear your seatbelt and they'll let you into the cockpit during flight just for the view and a chat with the pilots. And, at least compared to US airlines, there's a much higher chance that the flight attendants will be young and attractive.

Rock Harders
08-06-09, 00:27
Moore,

Things in the Argentine aviation scene have changed dramatically since you were last living here. LAN Argentina is now the best airline by far operating domestic flights within Argentina. They have new Airbus 320 aircraft, young attractive flight attendants who actually have uniforms that are less than 20 years old, also offer unlimited free beer / wine / liquor even on domestic flights, and are generally as cheap or cheaper than Aerolineas Argentinas fares. Any flight on Aerolineas is almost guaranteed to be delayed; LAN flights are almost always on schedule. In addition, you can earn and redeem miles to / from any One World partner airline (AA, BA, IB, Quantas, ect)

I have flown Aerolineas probably about a dozen times over the years living in Buenos Aires. The three hour flights to Santa Cruz de la Sierra and Rio de Janeiro are usually the cheapest non-stop flights and are tolerable. They are flown, however, on 20 year old 737's. I would under no circumstances board an Aerolineas flight to Miami, Europe, Australia, or even the farther reaches of South America.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Schmoj
08-06-09, 01:26
Things in the Argentine aviation scene have changed dramatically since you were last living here. LAN Argentina is now the best airline by far operating domestic flights within Argentina.I would actually say THE best based in the western hemisphere. I've had over 20 flights on LAN either domestically, to Chile, or back to the US. Always cordial service, newer airplanes, and sufficient leg room. I can't say the same for anything in the US.

I'm flying to Santiago del Estero in a few weeks on Aerolineas. It takes about 15 hours on the bus. We'll see if it is faster door to door to fly.

SteveC
08-06-09, 14:50
Always had excellent service from LAN, within South America and from Australia. From europe my current favourite is TAM. Good prices, great service.

Artisttyp
08-06-09, 16:42
I love LAN but they are brutal with carry on items. They walk around the waiting area weighing peoples carry on bags. It is extremely annoying. My advice would be get a bag that looks normal but that can carry alot. Some people make it too obvious that they are lugging a mountain with them.

They offer 16 kg to economy premium customers and only *8kg for regular economy passengers.

Lets see an average carry on bag weighs 3 to 5 lbs. Then add a camera maybe some portable ipod speakers. And oh yea all that shit you can't check because you don't want to get stolen. And oh yeah maybe some magazines and a few protien bars etc. You get the point. I will face the consequences of going over lb in a few weeks. Stay tuned.

Even AA who I try to avoid at all costs lets you take up to a 40lb. limit as carry on.

Nobody is perfect.

Jaimito Cartero
08-06-09, 16:53
The times I flown LAN within SA, I had no problems bringing just my carry-on onto the plane. It's a standard 21" rollaboard. Usually in the 30-40 pound range.

Some airports can be really bad, I was in Hong Kong recently, and the luggage nazi wouldn't let me bring my bag onboard, since I had a laptop bag and rollerboard. I had to go back to the airline desk, and get a special tag for a bag.