PDA

View Full Version : Medellin Colombia vs. Argentina

Iamzonzon
08-11-09, 13:24
(I did not find an exact category for this question, so I plugged it in here)

I know Colombia, and have many friends. Most of my time was spent in Cali. I am planning a 90 day trip in November. And, I am torn between two destinations - Medellin vs. BA.

I am hoping there are some well traveled souls on this board that can help with the decision. My time in Cali was AMAZING, however, I like skinnier girls with a little bit more sophistication / presentation. Medellin would work nicely and I have a tons of contacts there; however, BA has a big draw.

Speedyg50
08-11-09, 13:51
No comparison.

Just got to BA after a few weeks in MDE where I have been going for the past 20 odd years and here about 12 years. The main problem with MDE is security. Although improved since I first went, it is by no means safe. Chicas ok, but the choice here in BA is wider. TBH, BA is head and shoulders above MDE, on almost all aspects. Security, ambience, sofistication, food, culture etc etc.

Someone is bound to differ, but if MDE is so great why does everyone live behind bars and the ice cream shop needs a guard with a pump action shotgun?
EDIT to add ....90 days???. Do a term in MDE then fly to EZE with Avianca. They go every day bar Sundays. Buy through an agent, it will be cheaper. approx 1,400,000 COP. That's a return .... much cheaper than one way. Hope this helps

Artisttyp
08-11-09, 14:56
(I did not find an exact category for this question, so I plugged it in here)

I know Colombia, and have many friends. Most of my time was spent in Cali. I am planning a 90 day trip in November. And, I am torn between two destinations - Medellin vs. BA.

I am hoping there are some well traveled souls on this board that can help with the decision. My time in Cali was AMAZING, however, I like skinnier girls with a little bit more sophistication / presentation. Medellin would work nicely and I have a tons of contacts there; however, BA has a big draw.This is an easy question. You will want to slit your wrists after two weeks in medellin due to boredom. You will need a vacation from your vacation after you visit BA.

Medellin is a great place to drink and get laid. BA is that but a whole lot more.

Budget pricing in medellin can't be beat but paying a little more in BA gets you alot more.

Iamzonzon
08-11-09, 15:59
However, I would like to soak in the culture, P2P. PLUS, have a descent shot at meeting non pro girls too.

I stayed in Colombia for 7 months last year. The P4P game is easy. BUT, you can also sort of take your pick at non pro chicas too (of course everything costs money, I know, I know) If you are descent looking gringo the sky is the limit.

How does this differ in BA? Should I seriously consider a week or two in Mendoza?

Gracias

Iamzonzon
08-11-09, 16:17
Regarding interior cities such as Mendoza, I was thinking adventure activities.

My Spanish is very basic. But basic ain't so bad as long as your talking to someone who is distantly intelligent.

I do not like short duration visits. There is so much that opens up to a person after they have been in a place for a couple weeks. That does require a little planning, however. So, is BA pretty much ground zero. End of story?

Also, if anyone can elaborate on cost of living / dos and donts as compared to Colombia that would help me greatly.

For some reason, I mixed with the guys gringos are suppose to avoid (NARCOS. I was just following the pretty girls But, in Colombia, it is a numbers game. I was lucky to make the right contacts, get into some VIP parties and not piss anyone off.

I still have significant contacts in both Cali and Med. I offer advise and assistance for anyone interested. Just trying to return the favors.

SteveC
08-11-09, 20:17
I only know Medellin from a 10 day visit, but I've lived in BsAs for around 5 years. So, I'm biased, but there's no comparison. BsAs is far and away the best city in South America to spend a few months. In general its a bit more expensive (maybe 20%?) than Colombia, but the quality of life is well worth it. No pump action shotguns outside ice-shops (I saw them too) or anywhere else. People complain about the crime here but security wise this is an easy going place compared to big city Colombia. You'll wonder why you spent so much time elsewhere.

Despegar.com is a good search engine for cheap South American flights.

Dr Pureness
08-16-09, 04:29
Definitely BsAs.

Safety is a major probelm in MDE and you don't want to lose your life for a piece of colombian panocha.

Also as Artisttyp mentioned in the previous post, you will be bored to death in MDE.

If you are a decent looking gringo, you shouldn't have any problem meeting non-pros in BsAs.

I'll take BsAs over MDE in a heart beat.

Cuanto Cuesta
08-16-09, 14:32
My own personal observations is that the people in Medellin are more open and friendly than either Argentinos or Gringos. Another plus is that the temperature is pretty much always between 65 and 80 degrees F.

The flip side is that I feel comfortable just wandering around (yirando) Buenos Aires. It's pretty much no big deal if you make a wrong turn, and wind up in an unfamiliar location.

Not so in Medellin. There were a few places that looked like something out of a Tarentino movie or maybe even "Romancing the Stone"(My friends from Medellin later assured me that I had been in no danger in these locations).

Also, if one speaks no Spanish, it might be difficult to enjoy Medellin. Hardly anyone there speaks English.

All in all, Buenos Aires Is still my favorite city. I guess I just like some Italiana flavor mixed in with my Latina.

Iamzonzon
08-16-09, 14:49
I was fortunate (LUCKY) to take some social risks and made the right friends, so safety is not so much a big deal for me in Colombia (of course anything can happen to anybody there. It ain't Kansas!

What I am particularly seeking is higher sophistication and a little game in the women. In Colombia - generally speaking - it is a transaction based system. Even for the non-pros, the line is very very thin. Speaking of thin, very very very few Colombian woman are skinny. I did not realize how much I loved skinny / thin / petite / athletic women until I was on a solid diet of full bodies Colombians. I ain't bitchin! It was good. But, I would like some small titties and skinny bellies - call me a pig.

I enjoy Colombia, I did not get bored. I did walk through some of those nieghborhoods that make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. I went on a field trip to the Amazon with the guys gringos are supposed to avoid. I had tons of fun and adventure and sex. However, I think I will enjoy the culture of BA more.

The costs of living in Med are not as inexpensive as most would think. If you are living in the nicer places, things are more or less he same as in the non expensive cities in US (of course the local eateries and punta is very reasonable)