PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Wi-FI use in BsAs

Birdog
08-12-09, 13:34
I did read one thread on the topic yesterday but it did not cover my question. I also saw an older one but that one discussed different feature.

Here is my specific question and I would much appreciate any feedback:

I have a Blackberry 8820 with T-Mobile in the US. I can use it via Wi-Fi and will then not be charged for minutes or data usage. My plan is to make sure I am connected to a Wi-Fi when using my phone in BsAs and believe that I will not got charged any roaming or international dialing rates by doing this. Could any one confirm that my assumption is correct?

Artisttyp
08-12-09, 13:59
I did read one thread on the topic yesterday but it did not cover my question. I also saw an older one but that one discussed different feature.

Here is my specific question and I would much appreciate any feedback:

I have a Blackberry 8820 with T-Mobile in the US. I can use it via Wi-Fi and will then not be charged for minutes or data usage. My plan is to make sure I am connected to a Wi-Fi when using my phone in BsAs and believe that I will not got charged any roaming or international dialing rates by doing this. Could any one confirm that my assumption is correct?I have the same BB that you have but from ATT. I have phone service and an unlimited international data plan. Data plan costs $70. The rest goes to the phone bill. My bill is $130 per month.

You should be able to get wifi for data but I've never heard of wifi being used for telephone calls on a cell phone. Am I way behind the times?

If you travel alot I would consider a contract with ATT. Verizon has lame coverage and I assume T mobile is even worse.

Birdog
08-12-09, 14:31
Thanks. Yes the calls actually go over Wi-Fi. Did not realize I had it for free until I tried in anticipation of my trip. I checked my call detail on-line and it actually shows call placed via Wi-Fi and no call charges apply.

Rainot
08-12-09, 18:54
Thanks. Yes the calls actually go over Wi-Fi. Did not realize I had it for free until I tried in anticipation of my trip. I checked my call detail on-line and it actually shows call placed via Wi-Fi and no call charges apply.That's awesome!:D