PDA

View Full Version : Stuff to bring

Myomy
08-18-09, 17:49
Well, I'm about a month away from "coming on down" for a two to three month trial run. Anyone with suggestions on what I should pack for an extended stay?

Things that are hard to obtain or very expensive in BA.

Thanks

El Queso
08-19-09, 03:04
Boxes of sandwich bags, ziplock bags of all sizes basically. They sell them here, but only in bags of 5 or 10 (believe it or not! I have NEVER seen a box of ziplock-type bags.

Deodorant. There isn't a large variety here. My favorite, Menin Speedstick, is not made the same way here it is in the States.

Razors? I use a Gillette three-blade razor (whatever the hell it's called) They're pretty expensive to buy refills for here, relatively.

Towels? There are not a lot of places here that sell very good towels, or at least very cheaply.

Anything electronic that you can get away with. Make sure you have a good unlocked cellphone before you come down. Beard or mustache? Make sure your trimmer is in good shape.

If you use a computer a lot or it's important to you, make sure you have a good keyboard, mouse, etc.

Reading Material. There are some English bookstores here, but the selection is not very good. You can usually find something in a pinch though, so it depends on how much you like to read and how overloaded you are.

Clothes. Depending on how big you are, you may have a hard time finding clothes to fit you. XXL shirts (casual at least, like t-shirts and polo shirts) will often fit like a States' Large. Clothes are also kind of expensive here for the quality. Many times, if you're getting a deal on clothes, it isn't going to last long.

Chili powder and garlic salt if you cook. Steak powders / salts / rubs you may like such as seasoned salt, brisket rubs, etc (but remember you're probably talking cooking in a skillet or in the oven if you're in an apartment) Whatever you might use to cook meats with. You can find enough spices here for many things, but the ones I named are hard to impossible to find.

Those are the kinds of things I miss having good access to at times. I'm sure there's others, but they're just not occurring to me.

How much you care to pack for a 2-3 month trip though, is the real question.

Hunt99
08-19-09, 09:04
The local ones are like bicycle tires.

Jabone
08-19-09, 18:57
Along these lines anyone have suggestions for shipping lots of stuff down here by boat or something or are customs and taxes too much to make it worth while.

Sportsman
08-19-09, 20:09
Bring your own month wash if you use them. I believe a 0.25 liter of listerine costs around 15 pesos in the local pharmacy. And I have not seen they come in bigger bottles. Just to give you an idea, they are placed behind the counter and you have ask the pharmacist for them.

Meforu 2000
08-19-09, 20:42
All that stuff is good but when I go I make sure I bring atleast 10 rolls of toilet paper for the time I'm there which is about 4 to 5 days every 2 to 3 months there but I have company allways and they use it to and I allways (" get where did you get that toilet paper? ") so I put my 9 cents on toilet paper can't go wrong on that.

Meforu

Whiskas
08-20-09, 00:47
All that stuff is good but when I go I make sure I bring atleast 10 rolls of toilet paper for the time I'm there which is about 4 to 5 days every 2 to 3 months there but I have company allways and they use it to and I allways (" get where did you get that toilet paper? ") so I put my 9 cents on toilet paper can't go wrong on that.

MeforuIf you have a sensitive a** bring some rolls of soft t. p. Argentinian t. P and paper napkins really suck!

AllIWantIsLove
08-20-09, 02:03
To add to the practical items mentioned by El Queso.

You can find Saran wrap but it's supper clingy and hard to work with. You might want to bring your own if you expect to be storing leftovers.

And plain old pepper. My memory might be faulty but I think that I have had problems finding it.

Of course if you plan to always eat out, nevermind.

Good Luck, Bob

Fernando22
08-20-09, 16:53
Ha, ha!

Men you make me laugh.

You are a bit of sissis, don't you.

I've made almost twice around the globe with just a pack on my shoulders.

Hey, come on!

The guy is coming to Buenos Aires, not to the middle of the jungle!

Exon123
08-20-09, 17:31
I alawys pack some Ivory soap, mouth wash (stated below) and Kleenex.

I keep the box of Kleenex on the night stand next to the bed. Then after I "Blow My Load" all over the Chica, I hand her a few tissues so she can wipe the "Cum" off herself.

Quite gentlemanly doesn't everyone agree?

Exon

Seaman
08-20-09, 18:18
Bring your own month wash if you use them. I believe a 0.25 liter of listerine costs around 15 pesos in the local pharmacy. And I have not seen they come in bigger bottles. Just to give you an idea, they are placed behind the counter and you have ask the pharmacist for them.Sportsman; Carrefour and Disco sell the larger bottles. At least the 500ml bottles, maybe even 750/1000ml. You do not have to ask for them, they are just sitting in the same isle as the toothpaste.

Seaman
08-20-09, 18:25
All the stuff that you guys mention, except the stuff El Queso lists, is easily available in BsAs. Yes, also extra soft toilet paper!

Go to Carrefour or Jumbo and you will be able to find just about anything. (Except for a few exceptions like El Queso writes.)

The only thing I would recommend to bring because it is very expensive (in comparison) are batteries. So if you use a lot of battery powered toys, bring enough batteries.

For the rest I think you should be fine, a short time visitor normally does not buy TV's etc. (Imported) Electronics are expensive here!

Argento
08-20-09, 18:31
Ha, ha!

Men you make me laugh.

You are a bit of sissis, don't you.

Hey, come on!

The guy is coming to Buenos Aires, not to the middle of the jungle!Have to agree with your post. Sure you sometimes have to compromise on type, size and quality but that's generally no big deal. Much ado about f uck-all.

Argento

Giovanni B
08-20-09, 18:49
Well, I'm about a month away from "coming on down" for a two to three month trial run. Anyone with suggestions on what I should pack for an extended stay?

Things that are hard to obtain or very expensive in BA.

ThanksI would bring an 8GB IPod Touch because it is easy to access the internet here (free WIFI in Cafes and in the Subte (But be careful in the subte) for telephone numbers of the girls. Google maps will help you get around. You will always have access to your email and this web site. And if you are running short on cash you could probably trade the Ipod for a couple of hours of pleasure.

Toymann
08-20-09, 18:51
I alawys pack some Ivory soap, mouth wash (stated below) and Kleenex.

I keep the box of Kleenex on the night stand next to the bed. Then after I "Blow My Load" all over the Chica, I hand her a few tissues so she can wipe the "Cum" off herself.

Quite gentlemanly doesn't everyone agree?

ExonI usualy prefer they lap it up like a kitty with a scaucer of milk. No need for Kleenex old friend.

Happy Mongering All. Toymann

Julio
08-20-09, 19:53
Boxes of sandwich bags, ziplock bags of all sizes basically. They sell them here, but only in bags of 5 or 10 (believe it or not! I have NEVER seen a box of ziplock-type bags.

Deodorant. There isn't a large variety here. My favorite, Menin Speedstick, is not made the same way here it is in the States.

Razors? I use a Gillette three-blade razor (whatever the hell it's called) They're pretty expensive to buy refills for here, relatively.

Towels? There are not a lot of places here that sell very good towels, or at least very cheaply.

Anything electronic that you can get away with. Make sure you have a good unlocked cellphone before you come down. Beard or mustache? Make sure your trimmer is in good shape.

If you use a computer a lot or it's important to you, make sure you have a good keyboard, mouse, etc.

Reading Material. There are some English bookstores here, but the selection is not very good. You can usually find something in a pinch though, so it depends on how much you like to read and how overloaded you are.

Clothes. Depending on how big you are, you may have a hard time finding clothes to fit you. XXL shirts (casual at least, like t-shirts and polo shirts) will often fit like a States' Large. Clothes are also kind of expensive here for the quality. Many times, if you're getting a deal on clothes, it isn't going to last long.

Chili powder and garlic salt if you cook. Steak powders / salts / rubs you may like such as seasoned salt, brisket rubs, etc (but remember you're probably talking cooking in a skillet or in the oven if you're in an apartment) Whatever you might use to cook meats with. You can find enough spices here for many things, but the ones I named are hard to impossible to find.

Those are the kinds of things I miss having good access to at times. I'm sure there's others, but they're just not occurring to me.

How much you care to pack for a 2-3 month trip though, is the real question.

Hey, come on!

The guy is coming to Buenos Aires, not to the middle of the jungle!Looks like El Queso needs a container to move from place to place :)

Exon123
08-20-09, 20:56
I usualy prefer they lap it up like a kitty with a scaucer of milk. No need for Kleenex old friend.

Happy Mongering All. ToymannActually thats true in most normal case's, but sometimes I'm a little "Kinky", now and then I like to "Cum" in the Girls "Ear" for example.

Or there was the time I got a little imagainative and shot a "Load" up a Girls "Nose"

The tissues will come in handy.

Exon