PDA

View Full Version : Recession in BA

Joe Hernandez
08-25-09, 22:49
I was wondering what the board members who live in BA (part-time) or Argentina about the recession.

The figures are for another topic so it might be a good idea to write down personal experiences.

I don't think there is a high unemployment for educated people, I think very few educated people are without a job, it's hard to get a new job now though. Most are hanging onto there job. There have been some suspensions but not that much and the ones who work 4 days still have a job.

I do see many more people selling contrabanda stuff, it seems it's a lot more then about a year ago, that might be a indication that unemployment is up, but the reports I saw it's mainly illegal aliens who sell stuff like that.

Inflation seems to be down, a lot more stuff for sale and many more promotions.

I noticed that there are a lot more locales for rent, many businesses seemed to have closed down in the last few months.

Shoppings, restaurants and bars are still reasonably filled but people seem to buy less but still eat out.

Foreigners for a large part seemed to have dissapeard from the streets, there are definitly a lot less. Maybe the Brazilians will return once spring is around and the swine flu fear is away.

I see some more people begging on the streets but not really that much more.

Taxi's run around empty but that was already that way for most of 2008

I hear most hotels have pretty bad ocupation-rate but there also has been a huge increase in hotels from 2005 untill now.

Rents for foreigners and Argentines seem to be down about 25% and still going down.

Any more thoughts about this?

Hubbster
08-25-09, 22:58
Any more thoughts about this?Judging by the nonsense going on in the US and the h1n1 virus BS I would imagine that the media is making this BS up about Arg so Soros, Turner, Buffet and other players can go down there & snap the country up at bargain prices.

My cuz down there tells me he expects the Arg economy to fall off the edge around Oct. Nov

Joe Hernandez
08-25-09, 23:24
Does he also say why he thinks that?

Tequila Tim
08-26-09, 00:32
Although I don't live here, I do visit every 3 months or so. My observations:

-a noticeable number of retail buisness closures (especially non-franchise eateries)

-mucho apartment "vende" signs (sometimes entire buildings)

-antedotal evidence that foreign mongering is down noticeably (probably from economic problems in other countries)

My $0.02

Joe Hernandez
08-26-09, 02:48
Although I don't live here, I do visit every 3 months or so. My observations:

-a noticeable number of retail buisness closures (especially non-franchise eateries)

-mucho apartment "vende" signs (sometimes entire buildings)

-antedotal evidence that foreign mongering is down noticeably (probably from economic problems in other countries)

My $0.02I also see many propaganda signs at cars, lampposts and telefonica booths for privados. I rarely saw them about a year ago.

I also don't think that BA is more dangerous then it was in 2007 or 2008.

Myomy
08-26-09, 11:40
Are the rates for Chicas and the prices at the clubs down?

I saw a noticible increase in these areas from mid 2008 until this past June.

El Alamo
08-26-09, 12:32
Latuna.

I do not know about the prices in clubs such as Madaho's or Black's but I know a lot about the prices in privados (where the cutest girls are)

In 2003 the standard prices for the best privados was $100 pesos a half hour and $150 an hour. There were a lot of $40 peso an hour privados. 1707 Santa Fe was $60 to $70 pesos a half hour and $100 an hour - $20 pesos more for BBBJ.

In 2005, one of the better privados, Temple of Love, tried to raise rates to $150 pesos a half hour and $200 pesos an hour. They met with limited success and few other privados raised their rates.

However, during 2008 many of the best privados gradually increased their rates to $150 pesos a half hour and $200 an hour - sometimes $50 pesos more for anal or BBBJ.

A few months ago a few privados experimented with a $200 peso a half hour and $300 peso an hour structure. This structure has more or less been abandoned and the standard now is as before - $150 peso an hour and $200 peso an hour - sometimes $50 peso more for anal or BBBJ.

As Andre has pointed out, the idea that Argies are paying less than gringos is largely an urban myth. Argies pay the above pay schedule and gringos will pay the above pay schedule provided the gringo does arrive at the apartment wearing high water pants, beanie cap, white socks and cowboy boots.

Iamzonzon
08-26-09, 13:58
How much today for a salida to the house - penalty to leave.

Then for an all nighter - morning too.

El Alamo
08-26-09, 18:06
Iamonzon,

I don't know if your question is directed to the policy of the clubs or the policies of the privados.

The policies of the clubs have been well dsicussed on this forum.

As far as the privados go the answer is $0 (zero pesos) You don't have to pay a cent for an exit fee.

The reason is because you talk to the girl and make arrangement to meet afterwards i.e. for an all nighter or whatever. Although the privados frown on this and might penalize the girl if they know, it happens all the time.

Of course you then have to pay the girl for the all nighter. Usually the cost for the all nighter is the cost of one hour at the privado.

The privado girls are not always receptive to this for the following reasons. The hottest and yloungest girls work in privados. That is because they live with their families. They cannot be missing in action every night. However, they can come up with some excuse for a daytime absence I. E. Working as a babysitter, promatora, selling clothes etc. And they can come up with a good excuse for an occasional overnighter.

The other reason the youngest and hottest girls work in privados is because working in privados is safer than working in clubs. Going home with a complete stranger is no ones idea of a prudent decision. Consequently, you will probably have to develop a friendship with the privado girl before she will agree to an overnighter or perhaps moving in with you.

Although the hottest girls are not going to be found in clubs, finding the hottest girls is not why you go to clubs. You go to clubs for a night of entertainment with your friends. Going home with a girl is only part of the equation.

The reason Asuncion, whose privados have girls that will blow away any privado in Buenos Aires, has never been a serious monger destination is because Asuncion has no club scene. However, if you are privado guy, Asuncion is a chocolate fudge sundae covered with sprinkles, dulce de leche with a cherry on top

Member #3320
08-26-09, 18:11
Iamonzon.

I don't know if your question is directed to the policy of the clubs or the policies of the privados.

The policies of the clubs have been well dsicussed on this forum.

As far as the privados go the answer is $0 (zero pesos) You don't have to pay a cent for an exit fee.

The reason is because you talk to the girl and make arrangement to meet afterwards I. E. For an all nighter or whatever. Although the privados frown on this and might penalize the girl if they know, it happens all the time.

Of course you then have to pay the girl for the all nighter. Usually the cost for the all nighter is the cost of one hour at the privado.

The privado girls are not always receptive to this for the following reasons. The hottest and yloungest girls work in privados. That is because they live with their families. They cannot be missing in action every night. However, they can come up with some excuse for a daytime absence I. E. Working as a babysitter, promatora, selling clothes etc. And they can come up with a good excuse for an occasional overnighter.

The other reason the youngest and hottest girls work in privados is because working in privados is safer than working in clubs. Going home with a complete stranger is no ones idea of a prudent decision. Consequently, you will probably have to develop a friendship with the privado girl before she will agree to an overnighter or perhaps moving in with you.

Although the hottest girls are not going to be found in clubs, finding the hottest girls is not why you go to clubs. You go to clubs for a night of entertainment with your friends. Going home with a girl is only part of the equation.

The reason Asuncion, whose privados have girls that will blow away any privado in Buenos Aires, has never been a serious monger destination is because Asuncion has no club scene. However, if you are privado guy, Asuncion is a chocolate fudge sundae covered with sprinkles, dulce de leche with a cherry on topI agree with that pretty much and second that.

Jackson
08-26-09, 21:05
Greetings Everyone,

I have moved the Asuncion, Paraguay discussion to a seperate thread.

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5722

I have moved the Drug Decriminalization discussion to a seperate thread.

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5723

Thanks,

Jackson

Joe Hernandez
08-27-09, 14:20
Is there more supply of chicas nowadays if you compare it to last winter?

Hubbster
08-27-09, 19:22
gringos will pay the above pay schedule provided the gringo does arrive at the apartment wearing high water pants, beanie cap, white socks and cowboy boots.Nerds don't wear Cowboy boots:)

I think that the quality of chicas has gone up somewhat, a few years back there were plenty of dogs around.