PDA

View Full Version : Buying Clothes and Shoes

Seismo
08-26-09, 18:52
Here are some places I have shopped at over the years with good results.

Good quality and good service:

ROSATTI.

Corrientes 640

Name brand jackets, suits, shirts.

Yves St Laurent jackets are half price!

Tailor on site, offer 10-20% less for cash.

LEOPARDO.

Florida 937

Leather goods.

They have about ten tailors in basement sweatshop.

I'm wearing jackets that I bought here five years ago, still showing no signs of wear.

PONZO.

Shoes, boots.

Santa Fe 2551 and other locations.

Long lasting, comfortable and good looking shoes and boots.

GUANTE.

Sneakers, walking shoes.

Santa Fe 1602

Florida 445

Other locations.

Their walking shoes and leather-upper sneakers have a cushion built into the arch and heel, much like Nike Air.

Jay Dayz
09-07-09, 03:56
Just how good are the leather shoes sold in BA? I'm torn between BA or Medellin - and as silly as it sounds the ability to pick up some inexpensive quality shoes + a leather briefcase might tilt me toward BA.

Artisttyp
09-07-09, 05:37
Just how good are the leather shoes sold in BA? I'm torn between BA or Medellin - and as silly as it sounds the ability to pick up some inexpensive quality shoes + a leather briefcase might tilt me toward BA.If you are looking for a soft labtop type briefcase medellin has great deals. There is a leather store with an english speaking owner in el centro. I've bought two from him at $100 / $169. Both are made from thick cowhide.

I think the store is called "La Piel ". Piel means skin in spanish. If you go out the *back entrance of hotel Nutibarra (located in front of Plaza Botero) and cross the street to the left hand side you will see this store a few feet away. Keep walking up the street. The owner used to live in new jersey.

If you take the metro to Itagui / Sabaneta there is a decent leather store across the street from the mall. You will see it once you exit the metro and are walking on the walkway into the mall. Look over the bridge / walkway.

If you want to get creative you can have something custom made for yourself at a leather store in poblado. There is an excellent leather workshop (talabarteria) there that uses a horses' head as a logo. It's only a few blocks from parque lleras. I believe there are only two leather stores in the immediate area. Ask for it around the restaurant area.

I bought some nice dress shoes in BA but the glue is coming off of them. All that glitters is not gold in BA. They have great food but they produce shit products. I got a wool hounds tooth blazer on overstock. com for $79. It was $250.

Christmas is coming. America will be on sale!

Wild Walleye
09-08-09, 13:51
I bought three pairs of dress shoes at a store named Guido in Recoleta (I think it is on Quintana) The prices were reasonable and the shoes are quite good. They are not as solidly built as Cole Haan, but I have not had any quality issues (they are over a year old)

I believe Guido has a couple of locations.