PDA

View Full Version : Silver Star Lincoln Town Car Service Buenos Aires

Silver Star
08-28-09, 21:28
Hi,

My name is Fred, an American living in Buenos Aires. I've recently started a fully licensed and insured Lincoln Town Car service, specializing in Airport Transfers and city tours etc.

So if you're looking for the convenience of having an English speaking American meet you at the airport in a nice BIG luxury car (great for groups of 4)-I'm your guy, especially if it's your 1st time here, and if you don't speak Spanish. I also drive in a safe and prudent manner, no tailgating, weaving in and out and no excessive speeds. You won't find a bigger car or native English speaking driver here for the reasonable rates I'm asking.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions about my unique, punctual, professional and reliable private Lincoln Town Car services.

I do keep a US number that rings here in BsAs.

Cheers,

Fred

www.silverstarcar.com

Gandolf50
09-02-09, 12:07
A friend of mine used this service recently and she was very pleased. She had a lot of things that would never have fit in a regular cab but was no problem with the larger car he uses.

Silver Star
09-03-09, 00:27
A friend of mine used this service recently and she was very pleased. She had a lot of things that would never have fit in a regular cab but was no problem with the larger car he uses.Thanks for the post!

The trunk in a Town Car is 21 sq ft! And with advance notice, I can remove the spare tire for a lot more room! Lots of room inside the car too.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

"Affordable Luxury"

Silver Star
11-11-09, 01:04
For Nov. 11th 2009 only, I will do a Buenos Aires City to EZE afternoon or early evening drop off for only $45US (tolls included) instead of my everyday low fare of $59US.

Interested in going to EZE 1st class in my big, comfortable and safe Lincoln Town Car instead of a tiny cab for a fraction of Hotel Car prices? Then call me @ 15 6826 8876 to make a reservation, mention one day sale to get the generous discount!

And a quick thanks to all AP users and members who have taken advantage of my executive car service at affordable hassle free fares.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Thanks for the post!

The trunk in a Town Car is 21 sq ft! And with advance notice, I can remove the spare tire for a lot more room! Lots of room inside the car too.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

"Affordable Luxury"

Member #3318
11-11-09, 02:21
Recently, Fred handled three days of travel for me and two colleagues in and about BA (airport transfers, business meetings etc. He is knowledgable, professional and above all a man of integrity. We will definitely use him again on our next trip to the city.

Member #3320
11-29-09, 06:13
I used the services of Fred in Sept.'09 when I arrived in Buenos Aires.

I have to admit that he charges more than double as compared to normal BA rates but its worth every penny.

If you use him, it is ensured:

A) you will reach your destination in time.

B) His car will not breakdown.

C) He will not rip you off or scam you.

D) He will be very courteous.

E) He will take the best available route for the journey.

G) The air conditioning in his car will work!

H) Their is enough space for ALL your luggage!

I) If you are very very tired after a long flight, you can go off to sleep in his car without having to worry where he is taking you. His integrity is unquestionable.

J) He will be on time and 99.9% before time ensuring you are not frustratingly waiting for him.

K) He will be organized and well planned following the flight schedules, ensuring that even if you flight arrives early or late, he is already there, waiting for you.

Other than this, he is very helpful in several other ways. Eg.

L) I changed some Us$ to AR$ and he gave me a excellent exchange rate as prevalent. It helped me save time / trouble / hassle of having to change money immediately on landing.

M) He bought me a sim card and refill saving me the trouble / hassle of having to arrange on my own a sim card and refill on landing.

For a newbie monger or a tourist, he can be helpful in the several ways as well including above listed. I am not sure if he can guide a newbie on mongering activities but I suppose if he is following this forum well, I think he can be helpful in that aspect too!

Silver Star
07-16-10, 14:33
Thanks for the excellent comments Capitan!

If anyone needs a premium transfer from the City to EZE leaving the city anytime between 4 and 7:30PM, you get a fare reduction from $64 to $46US, tolls included (as always) For Sunday July 18th only.

Car will be our late model and well maintained C4 Exclusive, or our one of a kind Lincoln Town Car.

Please fill out the appointment form online ASAP and put ¨one day sale¨ under special needs. Form is at www.silverstarcar.com

Thanks to all, and for the kind words about our car service here in BsAs. It has been a pleasure to serve you.

Fred
www.silverstarcar.com

¨Say Goodbye to Tiny and Uncomfortable Taxis¨

I used the services of Fred in Sept.'09 when I arrived in Buenos Aires.

I have to admit that he charges more than double as compared to normal BA rates but its worth every penny.

If you use him, it is ensured:

A) you will reach your destination in time.

Be) His car will not breakdown.

C) He will not rip you off or scam you.

D) He will be very courteous.

E) He will take the best available route for the journey.

G) The air conditioning in his car will work!

H) Their is enough space for ALL your luggage!

I) If you are very very tired after a long flight, you can go off to sleep in his car without having to worry where he is taking you. His integrity is unquestionable.

J) He will be on time and 99.9% before time ensuring you are not frustratingly waiting for him.

K) He will be organized and well planned following the flight schedules, ensuring that even if you flight arrives early or late, he is already there, waiting for you.

Other than this, he is very helpful in several other ways. Eg.

L) I changed some Us$ to AR$ and he gave me a excellent exchange rate as prevalent. It helped me save time / trouble / hassle of having to change money immediately on landing.

M) He bought me a sim card and refill saving me the trouble / hassle of having to arrange on my own a sim card and refill on landing.

For a newbie monger or a tourist, he can be helpful in the several ways as well including above listed. I am not sure if he can guide a newbie on mongering activities but I suppose if he is following this forum well, I think he can be helpful in that aspect too!

Silver Star
10-01-10, 13:35
Anyone coming in Saturday Oct 2 in the morning?

If so, we have a one day fare sale for only $50US we will take you from EZE into the city in our nice, big, safe and comfortable Lincoln Town Car, plenty of room for 4.

So you will get a much better service than a Taxi, for only about $16US more.

Remember, the major limo companies here charge over $100US for similar cars and English speaking drivers.

I'll be heading into EZE from the city at 8AM, so I'll be at EZE around 8:40 or so, so anyone coming in on DL 101, AA 955,943,997, CO 53, BA 247, QF17, UA 847, are all good. If interested in this one time special, please fill out the appointment form completely, with FARE SALE in the special needs box.

Please leave cell phone, so I can call to you confirm.

Website is www.silverstarcar.com

We can have pesos ready for you at great rates, and a FREE loaner cell phone (ask for more details)

Thanks.

Fred

Jaimito Cartero
10-01-10, 14:49
Stuck at the airport with no fare into town, eh? .

And do you mean Oct 7th, or Oct 2nd? I assume the 2nd, since you say Saturday.

Silver Star
10-01-10, 19:42
Stuck at the airport with no fare into town, eh? .

And do you mean Oct 7th, or Oct 2nd? I assume the 2nd, since you say Saturday. Thanks, yeah that's the 2nd not the 7th. Sorry for any confusion. I have a ride in at 8AM, with no one to pick up right now. Hate to go back empty!

Fred

Chan Nimal
11-17-10, 19:00
After a morning business meeting I realized I hadn't made accommodations to get back to the airport. Called silverstar's US # and spoke with Karina. I was calling about 40 minutes before I needed pickup and figured I was going to be SOL. But no! The words out of Karina's mouth were "no problem. What address. What's your phone # and I'll see you at 4pm". I mentioned I'd go downstairs from the office building and wait for her she said "No, I'll contact your office and let them know when I am downstairs. Sit back and relax". Wow, great customer service.

Sure enough. At 4pm on the dot I get a call from the receptionist that the car is downstairs ready for me. Get downstairs and there's Karina greeting me with a huge smile. Bags in trunk and sit in the back of a very comfortable C6 with a bottle of cold water waiting for me. Great conversation during the drive and Karina points out some interesting areas / spots along the way. Arrived at the airport in comfort and ready for the long immigration lines.

I HIGHLY recommend the silverstar service and will definitely be calling them on my next trip! Thank you Karina!

Silver Star
04-08-11, 18:49
After a morning business meeting I realized I hadn't made accommodations to get back to the airport. Called silverstar's US # and spoke with Karina. I was calling about 40 minutes before I needed pickup and figured I was going to be SOL. But no! The words out of Karina's mouth were "no problem. What address. What's your phone # and I'll see you at 4pm". I mentioned I'd go downstairs from the office building and wait for her she said "No, I'll contact your office and let them know when I am downstairs. Sit back and relax". Wow, great customer service.

Sure enough. At 4pm on the dot I get a call from the receptionist that the car is downstairs ready for me. Get downstairs and there's Karina greeting me with a huge smile. Bags in trunk and sit in the back of a very comfortable C6 with a bottle of cold water waiting for me. Great conversation

During the drive and Karina points out some interesting areas / spots along the way. Arrived at the airport in comfort and ready for the long immigration lines.

I HIGHLY recommend the silverstar service and will definitely be calling them on my next trip!

Thank you Karina! I will be in Rosario this Sunday April 10th early afternoon on an executive run and don't want to come back to Cap Fed empty. So, will take any members back for a fire sale price. I'll have my French Executive car, the C6 Exclusive, complete with a smooth computerized suspension, and reclining rear leather seats. More interior room and a better ride than a Mercedes E Class, and I drive in a safe and secure manner, no tailgating, weaving in and out, no overly excessive speeds, car is equipped with airbags everywhere.

Can leave anytime before 9PM from Rosario.

To take advantage, please contact me through www.silverstarcar.com

Fred.

Any takers, please contact me thru my website, www.silverstarcar.com

Fred

Silver Star
06-01-11, 12:21
Anyone need a ride from the City to EZE this Friday? I can take one or 2 passengers in my beautiful, safe and comfortable Citroen C6 Exclusive for only $200AR, includes taxes and tolls. (please note the 5 star hotels charge around ($125USD) from the city to EZE. To see photos of the car or for more info, please visit

www.silverstarcar.com Or call me directly at 15 6826 8876.

Pickup time for the special fare is anytime between 3 and 6PM Friday June 3.

The Citroen C6 Exclusive the Official French Presidential Car.

Please do not PM me, best to go thru the website or call.

Thanks,

Fred

MaxPayne
07-06-11, 18:09
I met your friend mia a couple of days ago and she mentioned you are the guy to talk to about transport. Can you pm your number and email so I can get in touch.

Thanks.

Silver Star
07-09-11, 00:52
I met your friend mia a couple of days ago and she mentioned you are the guy to talk to about transport. Can you pm your number and email so I can get in touch.

Thanks.Just PM'ed you, thanks. Been running all over doing long distance lately with all the ash problems at the airport here!

Hope it clears up, Qantas 17 just took off, so that is a good sign.

All the best,

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Local Lad
07-09-11, 01:29
Have had the benefit, yet again, of being taken care of by Fred, both for my airport runs but also a long distance to Cordoba last week when the planes were grounded, the 7 hour trip passed by with ease. First class service with a genuine guy and quality transport. Faultless, organised and professional. I endured countless trips relying on local cabs to and from EZE. Will they turn up on time to deliver you safely for your flight, are they going to deliver you safely to your hotel / apartment from EZE, bearing in mind that you are carrying a pocket full of cash, are they legitimate, etc. Its a small premium to pay in the whole scope of a trip for certainty and worth every peso. Its also worth mentioning that no matter how many times you have been to BA and think you know your way around, there is no substitute for up to date local knowledge and experience from someone on the ground.

TejanoLibre
07-09-11, 22:48
Have had the benefit, yet again, of being taken care of by Fred, both for my airport runs but also a long distance to Cordoba last week when the planes were grounded, the 7 hour trip passed by with ease. First class service with a genuine guy and quality transport. Faultless, organised and professional. I endured countless trips relying on local cabs to and from EZE. Will they turn up on time to deliver you safely for your flight, are they going to deliver you safely to your hotel / apartment from EZE, bearing in mind that you are carrying a pocket full of cash, are they legitimate, etc. Its a small premium to pay in the whole scope of a trip for certainty and worth every peso. Its also worth mentioning that no matter how many times you have been to BA and think you know your way around, there is no substitute for up to date local knowledge and experience from someone on the ground.My buddy Fred is a "Class Act" eventhough he is a Yankee!

7 hours to Cordoba!

Must have been hauling ass!

Highly recommended although he will NOT receive TL's Tramp Stamp of Approval!

That is reserved for my Chicas!

Live Well and Prosper,

TL

Silver Star
07-09-11, 23:48
My buddy Fred is a "Class Act" eventhough he is a Yankee!

7 hours to Cordoba!

Must have been hauling ass!

Highly recommended although he will NOT receive TL's Tramp Stamp of Approval!

That is reserved for my Chicas!

Live Well and Prosper,

TLLocal Lad.

Thanks again for letting us help you make the most of your trip here in Buenos Aires, and the kind words. When we get feedback like that and repeat visits, it makes all the hard work and long hours all worth it. See you next time, I saw AF 417 went out, EZE back to normal.

TL, thanks for the praise, and we had an awesome long distance run to Cordoba, no traffic, and the highway is now complete, so it was a breeze. My Citroen C6 Exclusive is an awesome highway car, there is no substitute for a French Computerized Hydraulic Suspension (Despite the lack of cup holders in the back)

TL, also thanks for helping me every time I needed it, I know I can always count on you for whatever my clients need, often at the last minute, you have all the right connections.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Premium Transfers and Tours in BsAs.

5 Star Hotel Quality Chauffeured Car Services without the 5 Star Hotel Prices

Silver Star
05-30-12, 00:30
Local Lad.

Thanks again for letting us help you make the most of your trip here in Buenos Aires, and the kind words. When we get feedback like that and repeat visits, it makes all the hard work and long hours all worth it. See you next time, I saw AF 417 went out, EZE back to normal.

TL, thanks for the praise, and we had an awesome long distance run to Cordoba, no traffic, and the highway is now complete, so it was a breeze. My Citroen C6 Exclusive is an awesome highway car, there is no substitute for a French Computerized Hydraulic Suspension (Despite the lack of cup holders in the back)

TL, also thanks for helping me every time I needed it, I know I can always count on you for whatever my clients need, often at the last minute, you have all the right connections.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Premium Transfers and Tours in BsAs.

5 Star Hotel Quality Chauffeured Car Services without the 5 Star Hotel PricesHi anyone looking for a premium transfer in my Lincoln Town Car on May 30th 2012 after 4PM and before 9PM, please let me know I am cutting the fare from $92USD down to $74USD. (Pesos OK@4. 50) Fare includes all taxes, tolls and parking. Please call me at 15 6826 8876 in order to reserve, please do not PM. Town Car easily holds 4 PAX, and fare is per carload, not per person. (I have a pickup that night, and hate to drive in empty)

Please leave detailed message if call goes into VM.

Thanks.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Toymann
05-30-12, 03:40
I am cutting the fare from $92USD down to $74USDPlease leave detailed message if call goes into VM.

Thanks.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.comGald you are still in business Fred. That said, I find it odd that you would still post on this board. I get the "premium" market you seek but at the current market, both your fare and cash exchange rate is laughable! I just was in BA a month ago and paid 170 pesos from EZE to recoleta with VIP Car because I felt lazy and didn't just want to flag a cab down outside, and I split the fare with my wingman. A month ago I got 4. 9 to 1 and today the rate is damn close to 6:1 so your cash exchange rate is truely the "dumb Gringo" rate. As far as a discounted rate of $74 USD to town. Well, even at 5:1, thats over 360 pesos one way. More than double the rate of VIP car. Is your town car really worth double the rate for a 30-40 minute drive? Glad you still find enough folks to pay double PLUS! Wish you all the best, but for me, paying double the normal rate just sounds like typical gringo pricing for "dumb gringos". Happy Mongering Dude. Toymann

Silver Star
05-30-12, 12:50
Gald you are still in business Fred. That said, I find it odd that you would still post on this board. I get the "premium" market you seek but at the current market, both your fare and cash exchange rate is laughable! I just was in BA a month ago and paid 170 pesos from EZE to recoleta with VIP Car because I felt lazy and didn't just want to flag a cab down outside, and I split the fare with my wingman. A month ago I got 4. 9 to 1 and today the rate is damn close to 6:1 so your cash exchange rate is truely the "dumb Gringo" rate. As far as a discounted rate of $74 USD to town. Well, even at 5:1, thats over 360 pesos one way. More than double the rate of VIP car. Is your town car really worth double the rate for a 30-40 minute drive? Glad you still find enough folks to pay double PLUS! Wish you all the best, but for me, paying double the normal rate just sounds like typical gringo pricing for "dumb gringos". Happy Mongering Dude. ToymannHi Toyman.

What car did you get at EZE car? Probably a cramped, tiny Fiat possibly running on bald tires, with rock hard cloth seats and possibly Argentine driver who tailgates, weaves in and out of traffic, speeds, does not use turn signals, etc etc. My spacious and comfortable Lincoln Town Car costs 2x as much to run vs a standard EZE car, so it is kinda like comparing a pre cooked frozen burger from Mc D's or BK to Fuddruckers or 5 Guys who charge more than double for a non frozen, hot off the grill burger.

We also ask a lot less than the 5 Star Hotels, they charge $125USD for a Chrysler 300 for City. EZE, and I ask $92 Currently, so we offer a premium service, without the 5 Star Hotel Prices.

I offered the sale so I won't have to go in empty tonight, creating a win win situation for all, hoping to reduce carbon emissions the free market way.

Fred

Toymann
05-30-12, 13:43
Hi Toyman.

What car did you get at EZE car? Probably a cramped, tiny Fiat possibly running on bald tires, with rock hard cloth seats and possibly Argentine driver who tailgates, weaves in and out of traffic, speeds, does not use turn signals, etc etc.Other than the bald tires, you described it perfectly (I always check the tires before I get in). I prefer BK to MacD's, by the way. LOL. It's all good Fred. Sounds like you have a good business targeted at the high end travelor. I never stay in 5 star hotels in BA either as they are a total rip-off. Renting apartments is the way to go. A fool and his money will be quickly separated, especially in Argentina. Good Luck Fred. Toymann

Silver Star
05-30-12, 19:03
Other than the bald tires, you described it perfectly (I always check the tires before I get in). I prefer BK to MacD's, by the way. LOL. It's all good Fred. Sounds like you have a good business targeted at the high end travelor. I never stay in 5 star hotels in BA either as they are a total rip-off. Renting apartments is the way to go. A fool and his money will be quickly separated, especially in Argentina. Good Luck Fred. ToymannGlad you checked the tires, I see bald tires a lot at EZE, for me I'll take Wendy's over BK. (Wanted to try the new Dave's hot and juicy Burger when in USA but didn't get to) Wondering if they are serving that here, have to check! For me, I get white knuckles when I'm in a tiny car with no airbags with an aggressive, tailgating, speeding and unrested Argentine driver, for me, not worth the risk of life and limb.

Fred

Gato Hunter
05-30-12, 23:02
I used Fred's service on the way in a few weeks back. I had many Ben Franklins down my pants and did not want any drama. Karina picked me up, spoke good english and let me use her phone to call who I was meeting. The C5 was nice. She had an Ipad for a sign and was very easy to pick out of the many signs being held up.

I usually just grab a cab from the ones returning from the drop off. This time with the wad in my pants I splurged for the sake of no drama.

TejanoLibre
05-31-12, 00:00
I used Fred's service on the way in a few weeks back. I had many Ben Franklins down my pants and did not want any drama. Karina picked me up, spoke good english and let me use her phone to call who I was meeting. The C5 was nice. She had an Ipad for a sign and was very easy to pick out of the many signs being held up.

I usually just grab a cab from the ones returning from the drop off. This time with the wad in my pants I splurged for the sake of no drama.Everytime I have some V. I. P Boys coming down I hook them up with Fred!

Once there were 7 of us so he was kind enough to get us a killer 17 passenger van, brand new mercedes I think.

Top Notch, on time, Johnny on the spot for a few dollars more.

How many times have we all been fucked over by cabbies in shitty cars that drive like shit?

Close your eyes when you go through the street lights!

Not to mention the stop signs or lack of them!

Now Fred, I got a big order for you!

I will need a 50 passenger Deluxe Bus to perform one of my Nocturnal Sex Tours.

A rolling party with hookers and Hollywood Boys!

Can you do it man?

Need to know how much the bus will cost me per hour and the driver plus all commissions involved.

By the way, I am NOT going to do this one just for good Karma Boys!

Just in case you were wondering!

The few pesos that I help the girls get are theirs!

The Tours, tiny and Titanic are MINE!

TL.

Thanks Fred!

WhiteCat
06-01-12, 19:59
I tried Fred before. A few more pesos but A+ in all categories. And for the mongers that speak no Spanish he is your man.

Gato Hunter
06-03-12, 00:25
Fred,

Karina mentioned to me when I told her I was meeting my "amiga" at the apartment she said it would be possible to pick my "amiga" and have her at the airport with her when I was picked up on future visits.

This could be a great service for guys like me that can't stand that 30-45 minutes wait until getting into town.

Is this true? How much would you charge for such service?

TejanoLibre
06-03-12, 01:14
Everytime I have some V. I. P Boys coming down I hook them up with Fred!

Once there were 7 of us so he was kind enough to get us a killer 17 passenger van, brand new mercedes I think.

Top Notch, on time, Johnny on the spot for a few dollars more.

How many times have we all been fucked over by cabbies in shitty cars that drive like shit?

Close your eyes when you go through the street lights!

Not to mention the stop signs or lack of them!

Now Fred, I got a big order for you!

I will need a 50 passenger Deluxe Bus to perform one of my Nocturnal Sex Tours.

A rolling party with hookers and Hollywood Boys!

Can you do it man?

Need to know how much the bus will cost me per hour and the driver plus all commissions involved.

By the way, I am NOT going to do this one just for good Karma Boys!

Just in case you were wondering!

The few pesos that I help the girls get are theirs!

The Tours, tiny and Titanic are MINE!

TL.

Thanks Fred!Can you provide a 50 person Party Bus?

I need to know?

TL.

Booze and cooze and all you can eat pussy!

TL

Silver Star
06-19-12, 15:18
Fred,

Karina mentioned to me when I told her I was meeting my "amiga" at the apartment she said it would be possible to pick my "amiga" and have her at the airport with her when I was picked up on future visits.

This could be a great service for guys like me that can't stand that 30-45 minutes wait until getting into town.

Is this true? How much would you charge for such service?Sorry for taking so long to respond, didn't see the thread. Yes we generally bring in friends and family in FREE on a paid pickup as a courtesy, especially for morning pickups. Obviously, we can't if we are going in with a paid fare. We usually go in alone for AM pickups, so in most cases YES!

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Silver Star
06-19-12, 15:20
Can you provide a 50 person Party Bus?

I need to know?

TL.

Booze and cooze and all you can eat pussy!

TLHi TL. I can get you hooked up. Call me

Gato Hunter
06-19-12, 15:46
If you pickup my girl at retiro for a 9:30ameze pickup I'll hire you every time! I'll send yuan Emil once flights are nailed down.

Silver Star
06-19-12, 22:34
If you pickup my girl at retiro for a 9:30ameze pickup I'll hire you every time! I'll send yuan Emil once flights are nailed down.Will be our pleasure to do so! We generally would like to get her about an hour before your estimated arrival time. (We will lnow the estimate the night before as we track flights online with special software)

Best to reserve as soon as you know on our website, www.silverstarcar.com

Thanks!

Fred

Gato Hunter
07-04-12, 18:18
On Monday karina picked me up at EZE and brought my girlfriend with her, my girlfriend really liked her and sh e was very professional. It was we ll worth the extra money to have my chica meet me with a smile kisses and a dry hump over some person with a sign.

Fred and karina have the gato hunter seal of approval

WhiteCat
07-04-12, 19:49
On Monday karina picked me up at EZE and brought my girlfriend with her, my girlfriend really liked her and sh e was very professional. It was we ll worth the extra money to have my chica meet me with a smile kisses and a dry hump over some person with a sign.

Fred and karina have the gato hunter seal of approvalFred is a good guy. Might have to use him again on my next trip.

Silver Star
07-23-12, 01:48
Fred is a good guy. Might have to use him again on my next trip.Thanks to all of you who have taken advantage and have posted positive reviews of your experiences with us. From the beginning back in early 2009, our goal at SilverStar Transfers and Tours is to provide punctual, safe and secure transfers in a premium, clean and well maintained car, all in English, of course. Unlike many other private drivers here, we are fully licensed and insured, and pay taxes. Our service is designed for those that are looking for something better than a cheap, cramped, dangerous and uncomfortable taxi, especially after a long and grueling international flight.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Premium Chauffeur Services in Buenos Aires since 2009

TBone
07-31-12, 10:14
So does anyone know how much they actually charge for airport pickup?

Daddy Rulz
07-31-12, 10:36
Currently it says U$S 92 for drop off and U$S 132 for pickup. That's a little salty but if the reviews are correct prolly not over priced for a premium service. I assume the pick up is 30% more because of waiting and parking. I think my first remis ride into the city was 45 pesos at 2-1 in 2002. Things have certainly changed.

So does anyone know how much they actually charge for airport pickup?

Wild Walleye
07-31-12, 13:23
Currently it says U$S 92 for drop off and U$S 132 for pickup. That's a little salty but if the reviews are correct prolly not over priced for a premium service. I assume the pick up is 30% more because of waiting and parking. I think my first remis ride into the city was 45 pesos at 2-1 in 2002. Things have certainly changed.I've been watching the remis prices go through the roof, since '07 (I'm still a newbie). However, if I can exchange dolares for pesos at 6. 2ish, things might be going in my favor. I'm still pissed about the c*ksucker that gave me the counterfeit AR$100 note a few years ago (I slept all the way to EZE and he caught me whilst I was foggy). None of this has anything to do with Fred (sorry for highjacking the thread) , however, I may utilize his services on my next sojourn.

El Perro
07-31-12, 13:32
I've been watching the remis prices go through the roof, since '07 (I'm still a newbie). However, if I can exchange dolares for pesos at 6. 2ish, things might be going in my favor. I'm still pissed about the c*ksucker that gave me the counterfeit AR$100 note a few years ago (I slept all the way to EZE and he caught me whilst I was foggy). None of this has anything to do with Fred (sorry for highjacking the thread) , however, I may utilize his services on my next sojourn.I would give Fred my highest recommendation. He provides a great service, and he is a heckuva a nice guy. Dependable, and cuts any mystery and complications out of the equation of travel to and from EZE.

Tres3
07-31-12, 14:30
Currently it says U$S 92 for drop off and U$S 132 for pickup. That's a little salty but if the reviews are correct prolly not over priced for a premium service. I assume the pick up is 30% more because of waiting and parking. I think my first remis ride into the city was 45 pesos at 2-1 in 2002. Things have certainly changed.Fred is a good guy. He shares savings. If you give him enough notice, he will try to put together a "to and from" trip that saves money for both parties.

Tres3

Daddy Rulz
07-31-12, 15:27
I wasn't trying to be critical in anyway. I think a remis trip is about 50-60 bucks now so while he is a little higher, and I just noticed the 74 dollar trip, I certainly wouldn't say he's terribly over priced. Unlike most of the guys here seems like I'm always on a tight budget so I'm forever looking at value.

Fred is a good guy. He shares savings. If you give him enough notice, he will try to put together a "to and from" trip that saves money for both parties.

Tres3

Wild Walleye
07-31-12, 16:30
So does anyone know how much they actually charge for airport pickup?Just PM Fred.

DR, I think that it is perfectly appropriate to discuss relevant alternatives in the context of Fred's service. In the 30+ visits to Bs As, I have yet to encounter a driver that speaks English (obviously, I haven't used Fred's service, yet). No biggie as I am a cunning linguist. You should see the pained expressions on their faces as I tell them how my flight was and what the weather at home is like. I don't think the pain comes from trying to figure out what I am saying so much as it is a reaction to the sound (like fingernails on the chalkboard).

I've always used the same well-known remis company, since my first visit (which pre-dated Fred's arrival to the scene) , because: 1) they were recommended to me by a trusted friend. 2) the kiosko is insanely easy for even me to find and 3) I've never had a problem with them. They are now up to US$56 from EZE to Cap Fed. So, IMO, the premium for Fred's service doesn't seem unreasonable for the added benefits (for a mutant like me) , especially if I am traveling for work (come on, I do a little work while I am in Bs As.).

My first remis ride from EZE to CF was AR$89 (roughly US$29 at AR$3. 08:US$1. 00 equal to about 17%p. A. Inflation). It's about US$56 (official exchange rate AR$4. 5:US$1. 00) and US$40 (at the blue rate of AR$6. 2:US$1. 00 equal to about 7%p. A. Inflation).

I do plan on using Fred on my next visit.

Silver Star
07-31-12, 17:32
Just PM Fred.

DR, I think that it is perfectly appropriate to discuss relevant alternatives in the context of Fred's service. In the 30+ visits to Bs As, I have yet to encounter a driver that speaks English (obviously, I haven't used Fred's service, yet). No biggie as I am a cunning linguist. You should see the pained expressions on their faces as I tell them how my flight was and what the weather at home is like. I don't think the pain comes from trying to figure out what I am saying so much as it is a reaction to the sound (like fingernails on the chalkboard).

I've always used the same well-known remis company, since my first visit (which pre-dated Fred's arrival to the scene) , because: 1) they were recommended to me by a trusted friend. 2) the kiosko is insanely easy for even me to find and 3) I've never had a problem with them. They are now up to US$56 from EZE to Cap Fed. So, IMO, the premium for Fred's service doesn't seem unreasonable for the added benefits (for a mutant like me) , especially if I am traveling for work (come on, I do a little work while I am in Bs As.).

My first remis ride from EZE to CF was AR$89 (roughly US$29 at AR$3. 08:US$1. 00 equal to about 17%p. A. Inflation). It's about US$56 (official exchange rate AR$4. 5:US$1. 00) and US$40 (at the blue rate of AR$6. 2:US$1. 00 equal to about 7%p. A. Inflation).

I do plan on using Fred on my next visit.Hi Wild Walleye.

Thanks for your interest in us! To book a transfer, please fill out the easy to use appointment form completely on our homepage at www.silverstarcar.com And we will get back to you. Please put wild walleye in the special needs section. Because we are fully legal and pay both Argentine and US tax, we can issue you a receipt should you need it. As fas as the fares go, please keep in mind we are 100% legal, fully insured and we have awesome, well maintained cars, plus we drive in a safe and secure, reasonable and prudent manner. We look forward to you being another satisfied SilverStar customer.

For those wondering why the pickups carry a higher fare is there is a lot more waiting time and parking involved, and also the possibility of a delayed arrival.

Safe travels.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Premium Airport Transfers in Buenos Aires

Gato Hunter
07-31-12, 18:11
I use fred on the way in when I have a few grand in franklins down my pants. On the way out when I'm broke I just get a cab. Also have your chicA meet you on arrival

Silver Star
07-31-12, 19:05
I use fred on the way in when I have a few grand in franklins down my pants. On the way out when I'm broke I just get a cab. Also have your chicA meet you on arrivalHi GH.

We take all major credit cards, and best of all is you use a US based card, no foreign transaction fee! We also ask a lot less to go back to EZE than a pickup.

Much more roomy, comfy and safe than the crappy, beat up cabs here.

Fred

Chicago Guy
09-15-12, 13:54
Is the price the same for lincoln town car / citroen? Do you accommodate 'lincoln town car only' requests?

Silver Star
09-16-12, 17:40
Is the price the same for lincoln town car / citroen? Do you accommodate 'lincoln town car only' requests?Hi Chicago Guy.

Prices are basically the same, yes we can reserve the Town Car for you, with a full size van as backup, in case there is a scheduling conflict.

Thanks.

Fred