PDA

View Full Version : Bytargentina--how are they today? 9/09

Miami Bob
09-25-09, 22:44
Hi gang,

Jackson is full for my next trip and I am re-checking the websites. Bad is reliable, but pricey, Reynolds does not have my favorites left for my travel dates.

Years ago, I was very happy dealing with Bytargentina--great prices and good service by argentine standards---then when they moved--confussion and had a few bad experiences.

Now, years later--they appear to have attractive apartments at more than fair pricing. HAVE THESE PEOPLE GOTTEN THEMSELVES REORGANIZED?

ARE THEY CURRENTLY PROVIDING SERVICE CLOSE TO THE LEVEL OF REYNOLDS IE they respond to emails and will verify availability within a few days. They will tell the truth about working internet and telephone?

Please report experiences within the last two years only. If Bad would cut me a decent deal with an internet phone and a telephone line in the apart, I wouldn't ask about byt. I'll drop him a line, I'd rather deal with Bad than show up at a nightmare without phone working and internet turned off to save money. When the saving is us$150 per week, I'm asking around.

Bob

Sportsman
09-25-09, 23:35
Hi Bob,

I have used BYT twice within last six months, most recently was two weeks ago. Both times were for the same apartment. I also have another reservation through them for Nov. 09. I always got e-mail replies to my reservation requests within one working day, same with reservation confirmations. They sent me reservation reminder e-mail within a few days of my arrival day also requesting my flight info. I responded promptly also requesting the rental agent who will meet me at the apartment's name and cell phone number. But they never responded to that request both times. May be they don't know who that would be ahead of time.

The rental agents met me at the apartment at the appointed time. I did not have any problem during my stays so I can't vouch for their service when problem arises. I know the apartment I was renting so I didn't need any info from them.

Hope this help.

Sportsman

PS: Will you be joining the gang to have Thanksgiving dinner with us again this year?

Miami Bob
09-26-09, 11:33
First I need a crib. Who at Bytarg speaks good english and specializes in Recoleta? I'll call after the first email.

I sent Bad a mail at his website and see if he works out. I am not budgeted for US$650 per week and need good internet and a landline phone.

To me, Jackson is worth the premium because there is no stress: always everything works; anything broken is instantly fixed--he'll pay the plumber extra to come first and work at night or on the weekend. The customer service that Jackson provides is as near perfect as anything can be in Argentina. After flying for ever, I don't want trouble and stress during a check-in at an apartment with problems.

Bob

Mbronzini
09-27-09, 00:03
I have used Buenos Aire Habitat the last 4 trips and found their units to be very nice and well maintained. The price per week varies with the size and location of the unit and there is a big discount for a monthly rental. They have a well designed website with photos that are reasonably accurate. There are no hidden costs. I have been very pleased with their service. I have always been in BsAs during low season so I do not know what the rates are now but they will be posted on the website.

Sportsman
09-27-09, 01:09
Who at Bytarg speaks good english and specializes in Recoleta? I'll call after the first email. All the BYT agents I met in person spoke pretty good English. Even on the phone I did not have any problem communicating with any of their agents in English. That includes US landline to BsAs landline, and cell phone to cell phone both in BsAs. Mariano was one of the agents I spoke with on the phone the time I rented an apartment in Recoleta, but that was a few years ago.

Miami Bob
10-08-09, 00:20
We talked about my concerns as would never be possible with byt or habbitat.

I've rented from him before and did not have any problems that were related to anything under his control--was an imperfect, but positive experience.

I have a feeling that I will be reporting superb customer service--watch out jackson the badman is in town. He evn helped me a little bit on the price.

Exxon do not expect him to cut his price by 20% to have the supreme honor of your business, but he will not be insulted to offer a small discount if he has open apartments. You don't have this at any of the argetnine agencies

Travlnman
03-28-10, 13:04
I had always used ByT in the past because they seemed to respond quickly, were always on time at the apartment and the prices seemed reasonable. There had been a number of problems regarding internet access. They were eventually resolved but it was difficult. However the last time I used them I had a problem. When I gave ByT my deposit it was put in an envelope, sealed, and signed with my name and the amount. The ByT representative and the landlord witnessed it. When I checked out, the envelope was opened and one of the $100 bills (which were all new and in good condition) was exchanged for a damaged one. There was nothing I could do as I had an international flight to catch. Fortunately the bill was accepted in the US as genuine but it concerned me that the landlord would do that.

Since I was returning to BsAs one month later, and was going to rent the same apartment from the same landlord, I felt it wise to cancel and rent elsewhere. If the landlord was going to do that knowing I am returning in a month, what was she going to do at the time of my next checkout?

I told ByT what had happened. The landlord even admitted opening the envelope to see how much was inside. Yet she did not have to look inside as she was present when the money was counted, the envelope sealed, and the amount written on the outside of the envelope.

ByT took the side of the landlord. They maintained that as long as the $100 bill that was exchanged was not counterfeit then there was no problem. I maintained that the landlord should have never opened the envelope unless there was damage in the apartment (which there was not) and the landlord should have never exchanged the money. I lost all trust in the landlord.

Perhaps this is a warning to write the serial numbers of the bills that you give as the deposit and have all parties sign.

Miami Bob
03-28-10, 15:40
The owner and porter at the building were very, very good so my exp was near perfect in the apartment.

My plane was late--many hours--arrived midnite. The byt agent dissappeared. My call to the after-hours number got immediate and near perfect results. I woke-up the operations manager who speaks perfect english. He arranged for the porter to check me in and from there everything went near perfect. The actual agents who do the work are argentine young people who speak some english and are ok, but my story tells it all: Good service by Argentine standards--there was a happy ending without too much hassle, but not the type of service that I would have received with Bad or Jackson or Reynolds--who would check on the flite and make some sort of arrangements ahead of time.

If I can work with the management, rather than the young agents, I would use Byt again. I'd rather work with Jackson, Bad or Reynolds all other things being equal. Which not always be the case in terms of price and availability.

Snowbird
06-12-10, 17:36
I have used them several times. I have had 8 good experiences and 2 really bad ones. The 2 apartments I rented that were bad really sucked. Nothing like the photos they posted on the web and I got back barely 1/2 my money. I will not rent from them again since they continue to post the apartments that really suck and have not updated their pics. As to having them change the deposit money out in the past I gave them a note that I wanted back the same money that I gave them. Showed them I had the serial numbers. This came from my first experience when one of my returned bills was fake. They hemmed and hawed about it so that is when I started my policy of noting the serial numbers. I did not blame them for the fake bill but I did blame the landlord.

Also, be careful what you bring to Argentia and where you store it. Who knows who has the key. One guy on this board talked about giving his girlfirend of the evening the key and was latter robbed. I thought it was obvious his girls was in on it and he went out of his way to defend her.

Tokyo Traveler
06-14-10, 04:23
Expect good customer service if you have to contact them on a weekday. On weekends the office is closed. That can make a difference if something goes wrong, especially with your arrival.

Miami Bob
07-29-10, 01:58
Years ago, I was a Byt regular until I just had too many problems with "argentine style customer service" I stopped eating their balony excuses for rude disinterest in customer service. If you don't need them--there are no problems--then, they are great. Most landlords provide what they are supposed to do, so you don't really need them.

I started to use them again recently based upon a few guys saying that they have their act together and Jackson leaving the business.

1. First time: my flite is late I call ahead and let them know.

No agent is there and it is 11pm. I am in the street, I call the after hours number and get the opearations manager who wakes up the porteo. I am in--no problem. Great apart, great manager, portero runs the apartment and is wonderful. I was so happy that I stopped by the office to thank the operations manager, Alejandro.

2. Second rental from the same owner with the same manager. Call from Miami, after no one responds to 2 emails. Talk to the Recoleta rental manager--Sandra Ponelli--I need a late check-out 6pm. She says ok. The bill comes by email with an entire extra days rent. I call BA again and offer her 1/2 days' rent for 6pm check-out. This is maybe three weeks before my trip and their website shows very few rental days and Byt is the exclusive agent.

She gets very hot and tells me to read the website. I ask her to consider my offer. She puts me on hold for 5 minutes and then tells me that the apartment is rented to someone else and hangs up the phone.

I called back and spoke to Alejandro the manager who helped me. He apologizes and rents me a great apartment at a lower than web site price with no charge for late check-out. VERY COOL No Problems! Everything goes smoothly.

Dealing with the same owner and porteo. Well run apartment.

3. My third and last experience---I email 3 times for my trip in a few weeks. All of the apartments I requested are wide open. No response. I call twice and leave messages--no call backs and no emails. On the next call. I am told that Byt choses not to deal with me--"There have been too many complaints about me and my friends"

WHAT WHAT Call Alejandro the operations manager on his cell phone and he pretends that he is not Alejandro--I know his accent because he lived in the USA for a while and has a regional accent in english.

NEXT I call a friend from AP who I had referred to AP. He told me that he had been black listed exactly as I was?

What kind of shit is this? Superior customer service?

Damocles
07-29-10, 08:46
I had similar problems with customer service using ByT. Calls and emails weren't returned promptly, if at all.

Miami Bob
07-29-10, 14:59
My third rental in 6 months--most places would be happy to have my business. I am black listed over a discussion about $35? Who are these people and what kind of thought process is involved? I have enough experience with portenos that I appreciate their positives and am numb to some of the local cultural differences which seem irrartionale. If the apartment is open, I have regularly received free late checkout from many other agencies or 1/2 for the same 6pm check-out. When everything is full up, this may not be available--I pay the extra day or gamble on a check-in on my last day. I am an adult. I have never had a strong negative reaction for a discussion about late check-out policies when I have recently rented before. They also black list my friend who I referred to them and refused him his second rental in 6 months?

Joe Vato
07-29-10, 18:07
I rented an apartment from them two years ago. Deposit set and ready to go. I received an e-mail from them saying that there was a mistake and the apartment was not available at the last minute. Went with someone else. No trouble getting the deposit back but what they offered in replacement was of poor quality. Actually, I felt they did not care about helping me out so I will not use them again.

Miami Bob
07-29-10, 22:30
Posting on this type of specialty website does not really get the word out to hit them in the pocketbook. Those dirtbags.

Deserve to feel some pain. Trip advisor, on a google serch, usually is on the first or second page. Let's all let everyone know about their great service and their proffessional way of doing business.

Miami Bob
09-13-10, 05:09
This world is a strange place. The general manager sent me an email and assigned the chief of customer service to handle the needs of my friends and myself. It is a strange email in response to a mail I sent to the operations manager asking if byt still choses not to do business with me and the specific friend I mentioned. I sent the mail last week and a response came on a Saturday. I am going to call and thank them. I did not have any real problems with the actual apartments. My problems were with the recoleta area manager who black listed another ap member and myself basically for trying to negociate 6pm checkouts for 1/2 day's rent instead of an entire day's rent. Ridiculous?

Stop doing thousands of dollars per year's business over a request for a $35 discount on late check-out on a two week stay? At least the upper management fixed it.

Does byt moniter ap

Strad
11-09-10, 09:31
Hi all!

I can't log on to ByT, www.bytargentina.com, what's going on, are they still in business?

Thanks!

Strad

Wild Walleye
11-09-10, 11:55
Hi all!

I can't log on to ByT, www.bytargentina.com, what's going on, are they still in business?

Thanks!

StradAnd went right to it. Looks like they redesigned the site.

Strad
11-09-10, 12:54
And went right to it. Looks like they redesigned the site.WW,

Logged on now, thank you!

Strad

Bundalover1
11-09-10, 17:51
Ent: Thu, Nov 4,2010 1:33 pm.

Subject: ByT Argentina.

Dear xxx.

Please let me inform you that the flats are equipped based on the people they could lodge: in this case, equipment for 3 people (China, pans and utensils)

Regarding the inventory, I do not know how other agencies work. In our case, we do not manage the properties, we manage the reservation process. So, some issues like an inventory, it is at the landlord discretion to have one. In this particular case, the owner does not have it as she trusts on the good will of her guests.

If you will rent it and want a detailed inventory, please let us know in advance for her to prepare it.

At your disposal.

Warm regards.

M xxx F xxxx.

-

ByT Argentina.

Paraguay 1571.

Follow up. They refused to supply a list of kitchen items and refused to take a photograph of the kitchen. Then told me that I should stay in a 5 star hotel where I would be happier.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh if the landlord 'trusts' the clients why does she want a deposit? Absurd.

Trampa
11-09-10, 18:09
Go to the office of Byt (somewhere around calle Paraguay I think) pay a down payment and then check out the appartment with the check-in. Don't give your CC details, I just don't trust Argentines with my CC details

If you don't like the appartment just tell them to screw them and walk out, you will lose the down payment, which if I remember correctly is about 100 dollar or so

TheMan8
11-10-10, 00:32
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but am more regular on the ISG forum. I just moved to BA and will be here for a few months, and used Byt to find an apartment. I had someone I knew check out the place in advance, but Byt was excellent in terms of meeting me at the apartment on the day I arrived, checking me in, and providing me with customer service when I had issues with the landlord.

So what I mean to say is, they can't tell you whether an apartment is good or bad, but once you decide on one (and are willing to assume the risks of choosing on the internet, they are a good agency in terms of their professionalism.

Good luck!

Go to the office of Byt (somewhere around calle Paraguay I think) pay a down payment and then check out the appartment with the check-in. Don't give your CC details, I just don't trust Argentines with my CC details

If you don't like the appartment just tell them to screw them and walk out, you will lose the down payment, which if I remember correctly is about 100 dollar or so

Jkeys
11-10-10, 08:39
Their address is Paraguay 1571, Barrio Norte. We are in an apartment rented through them right now. It is great! The maid service is the owner and her daughter and they come once a week and spend 1 1/2 hours cleaning. The pictures are right on. The bedroom is separate and in the back away from street noise. Wife sleeps later than me. The trouble is it books up pretty early. I think it's pretty much booked through January or February except for maybe a week. We rented it for one month and hate to leave it. Marta the owner is very nice and very helpful. No English though. It's also one block from Riobamba 392. Will go there one more time before heading to the Northwest.

I know the DEs always recommend Recoleta and Palermo but I like being in the city center near the Subte and yes there are at least 20 restaurants within 3 blocks. It's Riobamba and Sarmiento under Congresso. $790 a month.

BTW, We're headed to Cordoba and the Salta. Are there Privados in these areas?

Oh yeah! I do travel with my wife who is very understanding and not jealous. We used to be lifestylers (swingers) but she got tired of it so doesn't mind me getting a hooker once in a while. I don't bring them home with me. Ha Ha!

Hellojm
11-15-10, 01:30
I'm renting an apartment in Palermo right now (Oro and Juncal) via their agency for two weeks.

Everything went really well. The employee of Bytargentina who was waiting for us for the checkin was very professional, gave us a detail explanation of the equipments of the flat, gave us a free map of Buenos Aires and even set up the wifi on my computer for me.

The apartment is very nice and clean. It is exactly like the pictures on their website.

The management gave us a call 4 or 5 hours after the checkin to ask us if everything was ok, to wish us a good stay, and to call them if we had any problem.

Only drawback : you have to pay them by cash the day you arrive, so bring the cash with you because there is no way you can withdraw a large amount of money in Buenos Aires on an ATM.

I would definitely use them again.

Strad
03-22-11, 13:22
Our landlady called us this morning said we have been leaving the apt lights on all nights long, since we could not immediately reaching her back and talk to her further, I contacted customer service at ByT. Veronica at ByT said there has been a regulation of panelty in the city of Buenos Aires if the electricity is execcessively used.

And Veronica said it is written the ByT contract.

Also after the landlady spoken to us, out apt landline could no longer dail out, Veronica explains this becuase of the credit has ran out.

Can someone verify:

1. Is there such panalty regulation for using much electricity?

2. Where is it saying on the contract in ByT stated such regulation (I wish our contract from ByT is all the same. I have tried to find each line, I could not find such of it)

3. Can a phone line be delibrately turned off, such as credit ran out?

I have a feeling we are in bad turn with our landlady now, what, she is going to off our internet, saying credit run out?

Thanks and worried!

Strad

Gandolf50
03-22-11, 14:16
There are penaltys when you consume more then 1000KWH and there is another rediculos set up where you pay a penalty when you use more electric then you did in the same period of 2003. Phones? If you have Telepfonica you either get billed for your usage or you need to add credit by buying cards like you do for a cell phone. It depends on the type of service you have.

Strad
03-22-11, 20:59
There are penaltys when you consume more then 1000KWH and there is another rediculos set up where you pay a penalty when you use more electric then you did in the same period of 2003. Phones? If you have Telepfonica you either get billed for your usage or you need to add credit by buying cards like you do for a cell phone. It depends on the type of service you have.Thanks buddy. 1000KWH sounds a lot of usage, no?

Strad

Gandolf50
03-23-11, 05:49
Thanks buddy. 1000KWH sounds a lot of usage, no?

StradIt depends. If you have A / C or a electric heater or electric water heater not really. Another scam here is how many units are on each meter.