PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone rental needed

Judd
10-23-09, 07:24
If anyone has a cell phone to rent, please PM me. I'll need it for 9 or 10 days starting next Monday the 26th. I don't need anything fancy. Just needs to be easy to use, preloaded with some minutes, and, oh yeah, has phone numbers of some hot young sluts programmed into memory! Lol.

Thank You,

Judd

Miami Bob
10-23-09, 11:26
He generally has cell's to rent. He get's us$5 per day, but you are paying normal movistar rates. There are agencies that have free rentals, but you are paying maybe 3x's more per minute. Jackson' deal is much cheaper if you are actually going to use the cell phone. The free rental makes more sense if you are carrying the phone only for emmergencies. You can find my poistiung about rentals from a few years ago by searching.

For US$50 you are better off buying on ebay a motorola v195 or 197 or even the older v190--us$25 unblocked and buying your own sim card. Search for my detailed posts on buying "chips"--the local name for a sim card. Only use Movistar or Personal. I go thru the rental process step by step.

Silver Star
10-23-09, 13:38
Judd,

If you book your airport pickup service with www.silverstarcar.com I will lend you a prepaid cell phone for your stay FREE (deposit required)

I can also have Pesos for you at better than what Banco Piano is paying as you arrive at the airport.

I do have an opening for a pickup Mon, the 26th. If you are interested, please fill out the appointment form @ www.silverstarcar.com (Best to not DM me, and I don't come in here all the time)

Thanks,

Fred

If anyone has a cell phone to rent, please PM me. I'll need it for 9 or 10 days starting next Monday the 26th. I don't need anything fancy. Just needs to be easy to use, preloaded with some minutes, and, oh yeah, has phone numbers of some hot young sluts programmed into memory! Lol.

Thank You,

Judd

BA Luvr
10-24-09, 23:15
Bob, I took your advice about 4 months ago and bought an unlocked Motorola V197 for my overseas travels. I paid $10 on eBay for it, including shipping. I always buy a local SIM in each country I visit. Great advice!

El otro Bob

Miami Bob
10-25-09, 06:27
I own 2. After the razor was introduce, the v 195 was issued. Like a razor, but better battery life and more volume. The v197 add bluetooth and internet--like a razor on steroids. I owned a razor, v197 is much better phone, but lacks camera and the snappy design of razor. Tigerdirect.Com is selling Samsung Blackjacks, unlocked for just under $50--this might be an interesting deel--I last generation windows smart phone for peanuts.