PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Where to test myself for STDs in BA?

Laptop Surf
10-25-09, 20:34
Wondering what the best place is to get tested for an STD in BA. The more specific the better. Also, I don't speak much spanish so I'm kind of wondering what I'm going to say or if I can get an english doctor. After sleeping with a girl from gemidos (Claudia) my penis is shooting out clear liquid and it ain't semen! And my crotch subtley burns.

Whiskas
10-26-09, 01:31
Wondering what the best place is to get tested for an STD in BA. The more specific the better. Also, I don't speak much spanish so I'm kind of wondering what I'm going to say or if I can get an english doctor. After sleeping with a girl from gemidos (Claudia) my penis is shooting out clear liquid and it ain't semen! And my crotch subtley burns.Tell me what do you want to tell the doc and I will translate so you can tell him or show him your written comments if you can't pronounce spanish. You can do it here or PM me.

W

Guestrex
10-26-09, 02:42
Hospital Aleman, emergency room. There are usually a doc or two that speak english there, just ask. You can be vague concerning your exact condition at the check-in desk if you want. Just bring your passport or ID and some cash to pay for the visit. I went once and everything worked as expected. It was really cheap as far as I remember as well.

TejanoLibre
10-26-09, 03:40
Wondering what the best place is to get tested for an STD in BA. The more specific the better. Also, I don't speak much spanish so I'm kind of wondering what I'm going to say or if I can get an english doctor. After sleeping with a girl from gemidos (Claudia) my penis is shooting out clear liquid and it ain't semen! And my crotch subtley burns.Gonorrhea more than likely.

Feels like a double edged razor blade is spinning out of your dick when you take a piss!

Get a painful shot in the ass, take pills for a week, DO NOT RUB YOUR EYES!

DO NOT FUCK YOUR WIFE OR GIRLFRIEND!

All you need is a lab to do your lab work.

A hospital is NOT necessary!

TL.

PS - Did you bare-back her? NOT A STUPID QUESTION BOYS!

Member #4112
10-26-09, 09:43
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. The problem is easy to fix, go to the local drug store and ask for Zitromax (azitromician didratada) 500mg pack by Pfizer, it comes with three 500mg tablets, take one a day at the same time each day, but be sure to take with food. Take the entire course do not stop at 2 tablets. It is what they use in the States for GC and it is extremely effective. I have clients who are physicians and they swear by this stuff.

Guiller
10-26-09, 10:32
Hospital Aleman, emergency room. There are usually a doc or two that speak english there, just ask. You can be vague concerning your exact condition at the check-in desk if you want. Just bring your passport or ID and some cash to pay for the visit. I went once and everything worked as expected. It was really cheap as far as I remember as well.I second this suggestion. It' s always better to have a medical doctor examining you. Don' t risk your health for saving some time or money.

Wild Walleye
10-26-09, 11:12
PS - Did you bare-back her? NOT A STUPID QUESTION BOYS!If you would be so kind as to share the details regarding the transmission of the gift that keeps on giving. Also, with the incubation periods of various STDs (a couple of days to a couple of weeks) how are you sure that it was Gemidos-Claudia (I do not know her) Could it have been a different chica (one whose identity you could also share with us)

Also, please report back on you success with treatment.

BadMan
10-26-09, 17:00
Go to Hospital Aleman.

The visit costs like $ 150 pesos approx. And the prescription should cost you half of that at the most.

I would fight the urge to self medicate. It's best if a physician examines you before you start taking medications.

And stop bare backing hookers.

Regards,

BM

Wild Walleye
10-26-09, 22:37
I would fight the urge to self medicate. It's best if a physician examines you before you start taking medications.If you treat yourself for the wrong thing (or the wrong dose or whatever) you may alleviate the symptoms but not eliminate the infection. That would be bad because: 1) you are not better, and 2) you may be contagious and infect someone else (including significant other--which I am assuming is a suboptimal outcome and will cost much more than AR$225)

And stop bare backing hookers.He's got a point here.

Also, to my earlier question, how was it that you believe you got it?

Hotluck
01-12-10, 12:47
If you treat yourself for the wrong thing (or the wrong dose or whatever) you may alleviate the symptoms but not eliminate the infection. That would be bad because: 1) you are not better, and 2) you may be contagious and infect someone else (including significant other--which I am assuming is a suboptimal outcome and will cost much more than AR$225)

He's got a point here.

Also, to my earlier question, how was it that you believe you got it?I concur without the advice to not treat yourself, however, if you do go down that road, here's a link to current CDC treatment plans.

http://www.cdc.gov/std/treatment/2006/toc.htm

Nice Guy Ed
02-23-10, 23:12
I just arrived in Buenos Aires recently for the first time. And it seems the girl I was seeing from the States gave me a going away present.

I'm now noticing I have some slight burning and some white and / or clear discharge. It's gotta be a STD.:(

I'm in the San Telmo area. I speak little to no Spanish. What's the best hospital or treatment center for my situation?

This sucks, looks like I'm going to be losing a week or so of hobbying while I get this resolved!

Thanks for any info guys.

Nice Guy Ed
02-24-10, 01:17
Thanks mate. Any idea what this whole thing is going to cost me?

And will someone understand English?

Exon123
02-24-10, 01:29
Sounds to me like the "Clap"

A bunch of Penicillin will take of it clear it up but you need it shot in your ass and for that you need a doctor.

Don't be fucking any of our Chica's while your dick is burning.

Exon

Nice Guy Ed
02-24-10, 03:14
Sounds to me like the "Clap"

A bunch of Penicillin will take of it clear it up but you need it shot in your ass and for that you need a doctor.

Don't be fucking any of our Chica's while your dick is burning.

ExonFrom my research it seemed like Chlamydia. Either way it sucks. No worries, I definitely won't be touching any of your chicas for a while.

Can I just walk in that place? And what do I say? Will they understand English? And what's all this gonna run me?

Thanks again fellas. I know I have a low post count but have been a member here for like 4 or 5 years.:)

Easy Go
02-24-10, 05:13
Don't know about San Telmo but you won't need Spanish at Hospital Aleman in Recoleta. Cost me about $20 for an office visit a couple of years ago. Normally, you'd get swabbed so they would culture it to identify the bacteria but they'd prescribe a "best guess" antibiotic to start immediate treatment. If the culture showed a surprise a day or two later, they would add or change the treatment.

Or you could to to a local farmacia and ask for one of the standard treatment antibiotics in the CDC treatment. Azithromycin in a single dose almost guarantees you'll get diarrhea. The one week treatments tend to be better tolerated (make sure you do the whole week) I normally carry Levofloxacin (Levaquin) when I travel since it's good for a broad range of infections but it's expensive (at least in the US) If cost is an issue, bring the list of all the treatments into the farmacia and get the cheapest one. Small shops rather than the chains tend to be less picky about having a prescription.

Nice Guy Ed
02-24-10, 13:04
Don't know about San Telmo but you won't need Spanish at Hospital Aleman in Recoleta. Cost me about $20 for an office visit a couple of years ago. Normally, you'd get swabbed so they would culture it to identify the bacteria but they'd prescribe a "best guess" antibiotic to start immediate treatment. If the culture showed a surprise a day or two later, they would add or change the treatment.

Or you could to to a local farmacia and ask for one of the standard treatment antibiotics in the CDC treatment. Azithromycin in a single dose almost guarantees you'll get diarrhea. The one week treatments tend to be better tolerated (make sure you do the whole week) I normally carry Levofloxacin (Levaquin) when I travel since it's good for a broad range of infections but it's expensive (at least in the US) If cost is an issue, bring the list of all the treatments into the farmacia and get the cheapest one. Small shops rather than the chains tend to be less picky about having a prescription.Thanks for the additional info. I'm concerned about what the hospitals are like here. When you say they could give me a "best guess" treatement. Is there any dangers of taking an antibiotoic for Chlamydia, when I may actually have Gonorrohea? And vice versa?

Or if I was just to go next door to the Pharmacy and buy some Azithromycin (because I do believe it's chlyamydia) and treat myself. If I was wrong could something terrible happen to me health wise?

This is my first STD and it's sucking bad.

Thanks again man.

Artisttyp
02-24-10, 13:26
Thanks for the additional info. I'm concerned about what the hospitals are like here. When you say they could give me a "best guess" treatement. Is there any dangers of taking an antibiotoic for Chlamydia, when I may actually have Gonorrohea? And vice versa?

Or if I was just to go next door to the Pharmacy and buy some Azithromycin (because I do believe it's chlyamydia) and treat myself. If I was wrong could something terrible happen to me health wise?

Thanks again man.I wouldn't treat myself besides taking something like cipro. As far as I know you should take it as soon as you think something is wrong.

*Why don't you go into a nice hotel (where someone speaks english) and ask them if they can recommend a clinic / hospital where someone speaks english. They might even call and set up an appt for you.

****Even better why doesn't an AP brother who speaks spanish take this guy into a pharmacy or clinic to help him out.

If I was there I would do it.

I feel for you man. Hopefully you get this taken care of *today!

By the way you should be more worried about medical care in the USA than in BA.

El Perro
02-24-10, 13:28
Thanks for the additional info. I'm concerned about what the hospitals are like here. When you say they could give me a "best guess" treatement. Is there any dangers of taking an antibiotoic for Chlamydia, when I may actually have Gonorrohea? And vice versa?

Thanks again man.Don't fear the hospitals! Go to the German Hospital or a Swiss Medical clinic. The healthcare here for private pay is very good. Don't self diagnose this shit you have. They will give you a prescription and / or an injection and you will be good to go in no time.

BadMan
02-24-10, 17:11
I think the term EG was looking for was " broad spectrum antibiotic ".

This is standard protocol in the medical field, irregardless of the country, until you actually have lab results.

Don't be afraid of being properly diagnosed. I know the fear of you having something MUCH WORSE than just a simple bacterial infection is great, but you will only do harm to yourself by pretending you have a medical degree.

And STOP asking for serious medical advice on sex forums. Ask a REAL doctor. The visit costs less than $ 35 USD.

http://www.swissmedical.com.ar/

BM.

Wild Walleye
02-24-10, 17:14
Don't fear the hospitals! Go to the German Hospital or a Swiss Medical clinic. The healthcare here for private pay is very good. Don't self diagnose this shit you have. They will give you a prescription and / or an injection and you will be good to go in no time.Do not treat yourself, unless you are a medical professional qualified to do so.

If you were going in for minimally-invasive heart surgery, I'd say head to Mt. Sanai in Miami. For a case of drippy-dick, you will be well served at Aleman (Spanish for 'German') Hospital. Go asap (like now)

Whiskas
02-25-10, 01:58
I think our mate here does apreciate your good intentions but I think we are talking about medical prescriptions which are serious stuff. I could personally advice him on antibiotics not because I ever had a STD but because I have known how they work in patients I know with different infections.

My point here is: Have you guys considered the possibility of adverse reaction to derivates of penicillin or other drugs? Is he allergic to something?

I agree with the forum members who tell this guy to visit a doctor. Mate this is the best you can do. Don't play with your health, it is serious stuff!

My guess is: You got it from an american girl, chlamydia. You got it in Latin America, probably clap. But check a professional not an amateur like me!

Nice Guy Ed
02-25-10, 19:22
Thanks for all your help guys. I went to the hospital today. It wasn't easy actually. A total of 2 people spoke english.

I paid, went saw a doctor, paid again for the lab, get swabbed, then went to the pharamacy and bought a shot of something and two 500mg pills.

Went back to the ER, got a shot in the ass and took the two horse pills.

End of story.

I get my results next Wednesday.

Thanks again tho fellas. I really appreciate your help!

Ed

BadMan
02-25-10, 20:46
Glad to hear you got everything sorted out Ed.

We live, we learn.

BM

Exon123
02-25-10, 22:46
Thanks for all your help guys. I went to the hospital today. It wasn't easy actually. A total of 2 people spoke english.

I paid, went saw a doctor, paid again for the lab, get swabbed, then went to the pharamacy and bought a shot of something and two 500mg pills.

Went back to the ER, got a shot in the ass and took the two horse pills.

End of story.

I get my results next Wednesday.

Thanks again tho fellas. I really appreciate your help!

-EdThat penicillin in the ass should fix you right up, but down be bare backing any of our chica's till your heeled up.

Exon

Nice Guy Ed
02-26-10, 00:40
That penicillin in the ass should fix you right up, but down be bare backing any of our chica's till your heeled up.

ExonLOL. Yea I'm out of the game for a week or two.

And no worries, I think I'll pass on bare backing any chica's, ever, period!;)