PDA

View Full Version : Singles Partys at the G. E. B. A

TejanoLibre
10-27-09, 01:34
Have you guys heard about the parties at the G. E. B. A?

It stands for:

Club de Gimnasia y Escrima de Buenos Aires.

Fencing and Gimnasium Club of BA.

Anyway, every Fri, sat, and sun. They have huge singles parties.

Maybe 400 people!

Nice place.

B. Mitre 1149 (9 th. Floor)

$15.00 peso cover charge, cheap drinks too.

About 30 feet from Lima-Cerrito (9 de Julio and B. Mitre)

All types of music and dancing fools.

30 plus crowd of divorced, lonely, separated and ready to be picked up local non-working females!

So I´ve heard !

Going there maybe next week due to the Halloween Sex Party this Friday and the regular Halloween Mini Rave on Saturday.

I'm going there tomorrow to check out the gym and it's equipment.

Looks great!

Tons of treadmills and machines from what I saw in the window.

TL

TejanoLibre
10-27-09, 17:33
Have you guys heard about the parties at the G. E. B. A?

It stands for:

Club de Gimnasia why Escrima de Buenos Aires.

Fencing and Gimnasium Club of BA.

Anyway, every Fri, sat, and sun. They have huge singles parties.

Maybe 400 people!

Nice place.

Be. Mitre 1149 (9 th. Floor)

$15.00 peso cover charge, cheap drinks too.

About 30 feet from Lima-Cerrito (9 de Julio and be. Mitre)

All types of music and dancing fools.

30 plus crowd of divorced, lonely, separated and ready to be picked up local non-working females!

So I've heard!

Going there maybe next week due to the Halloween Sex Party this Friday and the regular Halloween Mini Rave on Saturday.

I'm going there tomorrow to check out the gym and it's equipment.

Looks great!

Tons of treadmills and machines from what I saw in the window.

TLParties are from 10 PM on all night.

I just came from there.

GREAT GYM!

A / C.

American made, modern machines.

Treadmills and all the semi latest.

Free Weights.

Swimming Pool.

Roof Deck for sunning.

All Classes.

$150.00 pesos per month.

Receptionists are 2 Argie bitches but the trainers are very nice!

Flat screeen tvs on the walls infront of the treadmills!

I'm joining.

How about you Thomaso?

TL

Hubbster
11-06-09, 12:53
Cool, I'll check it out when I return to BA.

How was the Halloween Sex party?

Did anybody go as John Holmes?:)

Greg Mason
11-15-09, 12:14
Hi all together.

Saturday night about 11 pm I walked over to the place indicated by TL. To find the building was quiet easy, outside is a big sign G E B A, and you can see this from the corner of Cerritos - B. Mitre.

Entering the building on the left side was sitting a man, selling the entrance tickets. Payed the Ar$ 15 as indicated and went to the elevator to go to the 9th floor.

The room was large, arranged like a big formal event (wedding or reception)

About 30-40 people had been there, all well formal dresses, many men with tie.

The average age of the people was arround 55 - 60 years.

After locking arround a while I decided to leave.

May be other days of the week can be better, when office people stop by after work.

No doubt, that this can be a good place for this generation, which is still active participating in life and also want to have fun, but is not a typical place for the mongers coming to BA.

Greg

Kevins
11-16-09, 16:10
What time did you stop by this place?

As buenos aires is notorious for things starting late (read early morning) I wonder if perhaps you just got there and left before it really starts. I don't know the place but if TL says 30 's crowd and you say 50´s, then perhaps what is at this particular place is more dependendent on the time then happens in other places in the world... so say at 2200 to 0100 an older (50´s) crowd and after 0100 to say 0400 the 30´s crowd?? As i said just curious.

Lysander
11-16-09, 18:42
What time did you stop by this place?

As buenos aires is notorious for things starting late (read early morning) I wonder if perhaps you just got there and left before it really starts. I don't know the place but if TL says 30 's crowd and you say 50's, then perhaps what is at this particular place is more dependendent on the time then happens in other places in the world. So say at 2200 to 0100 an older (50's) crowd and after 0100 to say 0400 the 30's crowd? As I said just curious.Not so. In fact if you go to milongas, penas, restaurants or other late night venues that cater for mixed age group you will find there is very little difference between the different age groups. Keen 70+ tango dancers are still at after 4pm. Retirees also have the advantage that they don't have to get and go to work the next day. On sundays and week nights this means that if anything there more seniors staying out late than younger people.

Lysander

Kevins
11-16-09, 22:01
I was not saying that it was like that everywhere in buenos aires. I have lived here for over 20 years. But there are places that cater to different crowds at different hours and just wondered if this place was one of them.