PDA

View Full Version : An incident, I witnessed At Mc Donalds

Member #3320
11-02-09, 20:51
It was about 4 am in the morning. I was standing in a que to get a burger at a McDonalds in Microcentro. Two girls were standing in front of me. They were probably aged 20~21 years. One was probably a 4/10 in looks and the second one was pretty about 7/10.

They gave some money to the the cash counter for their purchase. Looked like 20/10 ARS bills. The guy refused and said in Spanish the money is counterfeit. The chicas were (interestingly) unable to understand him. One of the chicas said in English " you fucking moron. What is wrong with you. You take my money!" Again the guy at the counter politely smiled and refused. He obviously did not fathom that he was being abused.

Again the girl presented a 100 ARS bill this time. The guy at counter again refused! He said it is counterfeit. The girls said " You fucking bastard, are you mad or what!". The guy at counter politely smiled not knowing he is being abused in English and called his superior.

The superior confirmed that the money is counterfeit. The girls started shrieking in English " we can NOT understand you, you fuckers!" " Does anybody in this fucking country knows English?"

I was standing right behind them. I said " yes, I know English, can I help you".

The girls said " what is wrong with our money?" I said " It is counterfeit". The girls said " Counterfeit. What does counterfeit mean?". I said " I though you spoke English!". The girls insisted that she knew English but could not understand the word "counterfeit!". Then I said " Ma'am, your money is fake". The girls said " How can our money be fake? We got it from a ATM machine this morning at Retiro bus station". Then they said " I hate this fucking country. Lets go back. God, this place is hell. Man, this country will drive me crazy!"

At this point 2-3 local guys who knew English, Spanish came up and took on these girls. They proved to them their currency is fake and told them to mind their language / comments on their country.

The girls continued to be rude. The Mc donalds guys were absolutely magnanimous. They gave them free burgers and drinks. And the girls were so rude, they threw the plate away. It almost fell down! The Mc donalds again offered them the free meal. And this time the girls were in their senses enough to accept the meal!

In the end I realized that the girls were Brazilian! They had arrived from Brazil on a bus, first time abroad, first time in Argentina.

What they were doing in BA. I could not figure but probably to enter prostitution!

Just my observation on a interesting incident, I witnessed in BA. I could not figure whether the girls were lying or telling the truth.

Go Figure!

El Queso
11-02-09, 23:49
How were they dressed? I've seen rich (or at least well-off) Brasilians come into town and be pretty rude to locals in Hard Rock. Yelling at the waiter, seeming to tell people at other tables something rude, but I couldn't tell what. I've only seen it twice, and nothing as startling as what you described.

Having said that, I was with a friend at Hard Rock once at the same time as a group of hairdressers (both guys and girls) from Brasil who were in town for a convention. It got pretty wild - I think they'd had a few to drink before we even came in. One of the girls - beautiful golden-colored skin, gorgeous face, nice Brasilian bunda - got up on one of the raised eating areas (I think there's a Beattles stained glass window up there, if anyone's been) and started dancing a very suggestive dance. While it was very nice to watch, there was a table with a family and kids. It was maybe a little much.

We found out about them because the girl who was dancing later started flirting with us, and ended up coming over to sit down and try to talk to us. She had a friend (very cute girl-next-door blond) who came over, spoke some English, and brought her food and ate with us. Quite a nice meal actually. The dancer sat next to my partner and started telling him she wanted to marry him.

But it turned out that the dancer was a tease and nothing happened. However, the story was just to show at the very least Brasilians in Buenos Aires aren't too shy about letting it hang out, whatever "it" may be.

Having spent a good amount of time in Brasil in the past, I don't remember ever meeting a rude person when I was there. Maybe the Argentinos bring it out in them, the rivalry or what-have-you.

Member #3320
11-03-09, 00:28
How were they dressed?El, they did NOT look well to do at all. They seemed middle class students, thats the best I can describe them.

Interestingly, they were trying hard to hide the fact they they are from Brazil. It seemed to them that they will get a raw deal if its known they are Brazilians.

Yes, I have spent good time in Brazil as well, never witnessed such rude behavior by Brazilians there.

Guiller
11-03-09, 00:29
Having spent a good amount of time in Brasil in the past, I don't remember ever meeting a rude person when I was there. Maybe the Argentinos bring it out in them, the rivalry or what-have-you.I've got a similar example: every year I spend one month in Florence, Italy. Every year I see there a similar scene: a group of German guys throwing garbage on the streets, something they would never do in Germany. I believe this behavior is intrinsically human, meaning that at least a few individuals choose to behave in a totally different way when they think that nowbody will recognize them.

All the best

Jackson
11-03-09, 00:54
a few individuals choose to behave in a totally different way when they think that nowbody will recognize them.This description fits most of the guys who are visiting BA!

Moore
11-03-09, 01:20
We got it from a ATM machine this morning at Retiro bus station". That should have indicated something. Unlikely that Americans would have been there.

Cornoir
11-03-09, 02:07
This description fits most of the guys who are visiting BA!People tend to let themselves go anywhere they can get the excuse, see Mardi Gras in the States or the infamous line: "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."

I think most people give themselves leeway to act differently in foreign countries because no one knows them. Guys and gals alike, maybe it is testing the waters of self expression or defiance at parental authority figures, or just a need to walk the wild side now and then.

Cornoir

Wild Walleye
11-03-09, 15:03
This description fits most of the guys who are visiting BA!Excellent point, totally different although maintaining good manners at all times.

Mike12
12-19-09, 06:30
Was totally convinced you were writing about American girls there. Absolutely shocked!