PDA

View Full Version : Buying a gun in BA?

Hubbster
11-05-09, 21:49
Anybody know the law in Arg for buying guns w a DNI?

Do you need a permit to carry?

I heard you can get it all done at a gunstore.

TejanoLibre
11-05-09, 22:20
Anybody know the law in Arg for buying guns w a DNI?

Do you need a permit to carry?

I heard you can get it all done at a gunstoreWe have covered this before but I will try to remember how it goes!

You ABSOLUTELY need a permit to carry a gun and even with a D. N. I and full citizenship it will be ALMOST impossible to get a permit to carry a weapon.

Yes, you can go to the local gun shop and they will help you buy a pistol, rifle, etc.

There is a LONG list of requirements just to purchase:

D. N. I.

Background Check.

Psycological Test.

Proof of Income.

Shooting Apptitude Test.

Resident maybe?

Citizenship required for permit to carry, unknown but likely?

To Carry:

Proof that at least $70,000 goes through your hands everyday or is in your possesion.

Not the same 70k either!

A REAL JOB!

What happens if you use the weapon to defend yourself?

JAIL, JAIL, JAIL!

Lawsuits by the crooks and their families!

They will come and KILL you if you harm their little cracked-out cocksucker!

Advice:

Buy a Black-Powder Pistol!

46 caliber.

$600.00 Dollars.

6 shots.

No license or DNI required!

NO ID required!

Real Loud!

Real Cheap!

Wild, wild west baby!

TL

Cornoir
11-06-09, 00:24
Does anyone know if there is in BA a shooting range where you can rent guns to shoot on the range? Specifically automatics like Machine Gun Kelly's used to in Las Vegas?

Cornoir

Hubbster
11-06-09, 12:49
I like shotguns, big, very scary, pumping it has a huge psychological effect.

And its pretty hard to miss with buckshot.

I'll ask my local contacts about a gun range.

Wild Walleye
11-06-09, 14:23
I like shotguns, big, very scary, pumping it has a huge psychological effect.

And its pretty hard to miss with buckshot.

I'll ask my local contacts about a gun range.The thread was full of good info. It was about a year ago.

My $AR0.075 is that one's best bet for self defense is to avoid making yourself a mark through good situational awareness.

Prepare in advance. When I head out for an evening of fun, in my pockets I will only have the following: cash, ATM card, a credit card, one or two telephones and my hotel key card (possibly a photocopy of my passport) If I lose all of that stuff (and don't get hurt) I'll be pissed but I will be just fine.

I leave my passport in the hotel safe at all times unless shopping (and need it to use CCs) Also in the safe at all times are the rest of my wallet contents (I. E. ID, another ATM card, all my other CCs, etc) and another world phone. Before I head out for the evening, I prep the room by putting anything of value, my laptop and everything with any personally identifiable information on it in the safe. The only thing left out is an old MP3 player plugged into the TV or stereo for music. That way I can concentrate on other stuff, if entertaining.

Before you head out, think ahead as to how you are going to get safely home at 4am. I think it is a good idea to keep the phone number of a reliable 24/7 remis service in your phone to use when in doubt. I'd rather be out a few extra $ARs than dealing with or recovering from a mugging.

Pay attention to all the people on the street (what are they doing? Why are they on the street at 4am? If need be could I take that guy down? Can I out run him? If I had to get out of here fast, which way would I go? Where is the nearest safe haven?). Try to stick to more populated avenues, when possible. You can walk near other people going in the same direction for a little cover (just make an educated guess that they aren't muggers before you cozy up with them)

If I was feeling like I needed more protection, I would consider pepper spray, a stun gun and / or a telescoping baton (in order of preference). If you carry all three, you can stun, season and tenderize would be muggers.

My order is based upon engagement distance, complexity of deployment and reduction of possible complications. My desired outcome is to extricate myself from the situation in tact and if possible with my belongings, if necessary without them (see above about pre-game prep).

Of the three, pepper spray enables me to engage the maggot from the greatest distance, disable multiple muggers or at least slow them down and create an opening to beat a hasty retreat to a safer place. Next is the stun gun because you really don't have to think much to use it (I. E. When you are overcome with adrenaline, it can be a little hard to think straight) The results are both immediate and impressive to the electrifyee and his amigos. Here you introduce your own element of surprise and create an opportunity to extricate yourself from the situation. Lastly is the baton. While it is perhaps the most satisfying of the three to deploy, it requires that you know how to use it and will be able to use it effectively in a challenging environment. While the spray and the stun gun have the potential to immediately incapacitate your dance partner with one blast, it is likely that you will need to apply the baton multiple times to persuade him not to take your goodies. If there is more than one, you will need to be capable of multitasking.

If you are going to carry anything, first take stock of yourself. If pushed, what are you capable of doing? What are you willing to do to protect yourself? Don't chose a form of protection that isn't compatible with your abilities.

Keep in mind that if you survive an attack, it will all be for naught if you are rotting in an Argentinian jail cell for the rest of your life or penniless because you had to give all your worldly possessions to the family of the maggot you greased.

Hubbster
11-06-09, 16:26
Good advice. Batons are also good for breaking windows in a pinch.

Maybe I'll pick up some mace.

Before I leave USA I empty my wallet to minimum, leave my nice watch, rings etc back in USA.

Then in BA I empty my wallet again and secure everything and dress low profile. Its hard to dress Argentine and since I'm over 200# its hard to pass for a 130# Arg male.

Before I jump in a cab I ensure its a radio taxi then I look at the driver, I prefer older guys. I feel safer if I feel I can easily kick the drivers butt

TejanoLibre
11-06-09, 18:02
Does anyone know if there is in BA a shooting range where you can rent guns to shoot on the range? Specifically automatics like Machine Gun Kelly's used to in Las Vegas?

CornoirNot fully-automated weapons but semis for sure.

The basement in the hotel that I stayed in for 2 months has a shooting range in it where you buy their ammo and use their pistols.

Indoors of course.

Members Only.

Also has Olympic Swimming Pool, fencing, weight room, sauna, etc, etc.

It is a military officers hotel and private club.

Located on Santa Fe and San Martin or maybe almost Florida.

The Circulo Militar, the most beautiful mansion in BA.

Over 100,000 sq. Feet!

TL.

P. S - $20.00 dollars per night!

P. S. S - There are some other ranges in Palermo I think.

El Queso
11-06-09, 23:04
I'm getting a reputation!What do you mean "getting"!;)

Schmoj
11-06-09, 23:16
Keep in mind that if you survive an attack, it will all be for naught if you are rotting in an Argentinian jail cell for the rest of your life or penniless because you had to give all your worldly possessions to the family of the maggot you greased.Also keep in mind that you will more than likely end up being tried, not in a court of law, but in Clarin and Cronica.

I know all you Charles Bronson types are just blowing of steam. But just in you are even remotely serious, you should memorize WW post.