PDA

View Full Version : ISO A Bird

Damman
11-17-09, 14:05
Anyone know where a fresh turkey can be had in BA? Looking for one that is guaranteed to clog arteries and is chuck full of artificial flavoring and hormones: Gringo style.
Some local friends have shamed me into cooking a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner for them. Nothing like firing up an oven in the middle of summer.

Amantelondres
11-17-09, 15:10
106 out of 180. Better than I expected!

http://www.transparency.org/policy_research/surveys_indices/cpi/2009/cpi_2009_table

Cornoir
11-17-09, 15:26
I found some info culled from the internet, some mention Jumbo's Supermarket in Palermo, but one guy mentioned that Nov. is the egg nesting period so it might be hard to get a fresh turkey.

Cornoir

Exon123
11-17-09, 16:22
Kansas is having Turky Dinner.

TejanoLibre
11-17-09, 23:29
Anyone know where a fresh turkey can be had in BA? Looking for one that is guaranteed to clog arteries and is chuck full of artificial flavoring and hormones: Gringo style.

Some local friends have shamed me into cooking a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner for them. Nothing like firing up an oven in the middle of summer.A good neighborhood buther shop can obtain a huge 30 pound bird for you if you ask him in advance.

I always get mine at my meat market and those birds have been used at my resto for the past 4 years.

Anybody want to eat TD Dinner at my place?

120 inch. Screen.

With Chicas?

It can be done with a little help from my friends!

Right?

Kevins T. V and Cable Service!

What about Jackson's Mansion?

TL

El Queso
11-18-09, 02:30
I cooked a TG turkey last year. Bought the bird at Jumbo in Pilar, but I've seen them at the Jumbo in Palermo as well. If I remember right, it was a 9 1/2 kilo bird (about 21 pounds)

They import them from Brasil. They often have smaller versions, about the size of large chickens, available.

TL's idea of a local butcher might be the way to go though.