PDA

View Full Version : Taxi Fares

Damman
11-29-09, 17:55
Ouch: http://www.buenosairesherald.com/BreakingNews/View/18546

Member #3320
11-29-09, 19:03
A good time to have left BA.

I used only and only taxis in my two month trip in Oct/Nov 09. I spent approximately 800 us$ on liberal / frequent use of taxi for 2 months and let it be my only source of locomotion. So I guess 20% increase means, 1000us$, next trip for 2 months (more of less)

Not too exciting, but thats life I guess, considering the inflation!

Esten
11-30-09, 00:53
Not the kind of news we like to hear, but if a typical taxi ride increases 2 pesos ($0.50 US) I'm not going broke.

The real hassle with taxis is they quickly use up all my small bills. And I find myself spending far more time keeping track of my use and replenishment of small bills than I should be. It's f** annoying.

Anybody have any good ideas for loading up on small bills? Can I just go to a bank with 3X100 pesos and get 30X10 change? I may have done this a few years ago but can't remember, most times I go by a bank there's a long lineup and I don't bother.

Silver Star
12-01-09, 02:46
Ouch: http://www.buenosairesherald.com/BreakingNews/View/18546But SilverStarTransport is holding the line on Lincoln Town Car service fares, even in this busy tourist season.

Thanks to all here who have taken advantage of SilverStar Transport. Watch the board for last minute sales, and specials.

Drive safe,
Fred www.silverstarcar.com

Gato Hunter
12-01-09, 03:52
Your prices were in the mid 50$ range a few months back now your 80$+?

How can you say that you have been holding prices down. I was going to use you but it the price had jumped up to just make no sense.

I took a cab, 90 pesos.

Silver Star
12-01-09, 04:27

How can you say that you have been holding prices down. I was going to use you but it the price had jumped up to just make no sense.

I took a cab, 90 pesos.Hi Gato:

I have no short term plans to raise current low fares, unlike the tiny, beat up cabs who are going to jump a whopping 21%. Those older fares were introductory, and did not reflect the true costs of running a Lincoln Town car here. (Expensive)

Please compare my fares to other Lincoln Town cars (not cabs) here. There is a Limo charging $120US to go to the airport.

My ride and car is way better than a cab! And it is well maintained, new tires and suspension for just for starters. (Check the tire tread of the next tiny cab you go in) You get what you pay for.

Drive Safe,

Silver Star
12-01-09, 04:29

I took a cab, 90 pesos.My premium signature Airport (EZE) service starts at only $64US, not over $80, and of course it includes all tolls and parking, we don't nickel and dime you!

(Nice cushy pillow soft leather seats-not rock hard cab seats)

Drive Safe,

Jackpot
12-09-09, 17:39
Mongers,

Follow Sido's advice and boycott the greedy taxi ckskrs!

Use the Manuel Tienda Leon bus services to and from the airport.

At the airport, you can get the bus ticket in the area (they have a booth) after you exit customs.

This bus will take you to their central terminal next to the Sheraton Hotel
which is across from the Retiro Train station. From there, they will put you in one of their jitney buses (5 pesos extra) and they will take you to your destination.

To return to the airport, go to this location by taxi, and you can pick up a return bus every 30 minutes. It takes about 45 minutes to get to the airport.

It costs 40 p each way. It may go up as the greedy argies sense a higher demand for their services. I suspect it will be 50 p in a short time but it still beats the taxis.

Jackpot

Jackson
12-09-09, 20:25
Frankly, I'm on the buses more and more! Why? Because I'm weary of their stupidity, incompetence, dangerous cars, dishonesty, etc, and as a form of protest! AVOID TAXIS!Hey Sid,

Your decision to stop using the BA taxis was all over the taxi radio dispatch networks this week.

At my own peril, after overhearing some of the radio chatter, I told a taxi driver that I knew you. He asked me to relay to you the Spanish equavalent of "On behalf of all the taxi drivers in BA: Thank You!"

Jackson

Sportsman
12-10-09, 04:27
To return to the airport, go to this location by taxi, and you can pick up a return bus every 30 minutes.On the way to EZE, MTL can pick you up from your hotel / apartment to their bus station also. I usually just walk to the MTL bus terminal near Sheraton Hotel from my apartment in microcentro. But on my last trip, I had more luggage than usual. So I paid for a round trip bus ticket with round trip mini-bus service for 85 pesos total.

On the day of my departure, I called them from my apartment about 4 hours ahead of time. BTW, their operators speak decent English. First they told me no mini-bus service was available. I told them but I paid for the mini-bus service already. He put me on hold for a minute and then came back and said the mini-bus would pick me up at 6:00 pm in order for me to catch the 6:30 pm bus. The mini bus arrived to my apartment at 6:05 pm and got me to the terminal at 6:15 pm. I was the only passenger on the mini-bus.

It takes about 45 minutes to get to the airport.True on Sundays and holidays, the ride to EZE may only take 45 minutes. But to catch most evening flights, better plan on the ride to take an hour and a half on normal weekdays.

Sportsman
12-10-09, 04:40
I was quoted 100 pesos!Taxi EZE still advertises 78 pesos to the airport.

http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/

Exon123
12-10-09, 12:51
I caught a Taxi in front of Jackson's new house on Uruguay & Cordoba last week a little after 6:00 pm.

The total fare to EZE was $67 peso's.

Exon

Esten
12-20-09, 00:48
Yup the fares have gone up. A few days ago the base fare was 3.80 now its 4.60.

I talked with a taxi driver, and said this must be good for him- more money. He replied the opposite, it is not good news because it is too big an increase at once. He thinks the number of passengers will go down as a result of the 21% increase. He thought it should have been a gradual increase, for example a 10% increase followed by another 10% increase a few months later.

Esten
12-20-09, 21:12
Actually I have used the bus several times, maybe once a day. I found it very convenient on some routes and allowed me to use up coins and save small bills.

Jaggar
12-24-09, 01:41
Simply negotiate the price "off meter" upfront. Like 60 pesos door to door.

Jaggar

Trampa
09-28-10, 04:07
I plan to completly stop taking taxi's other then trips from / to Eze once the price raises kick in other then sometimes late at night or some other emergency.

I can reach almost every place I go to with the bus / train / subte and most of the times it as fast and walking around keeps you fit

Jaimito Cartero
09-29-10, 08:29
It seems that the taxi fares have doubled since my last visit in 2008. I recall riding from Puerto Madero to Congresso for 5 or 6 pesos. Now it is at least 12 and maybe 15 depending on traffic. 32 pesos from Puerto Madero to Nailea's for a massage. Yeah, I know, I should have taken the subte, but my back was killing me!

Check out this shuttle service to/from the airport:

http://www.aerobusezeiza.com.ar/

$4 US? Wow.

Wild Walleye
09-29-10, 10:36
It seems that the taxi fares have doubled since my last visit in 2008. I recall riding from Puerto Madero to Congresso for 5 or 6 pesos. Now it is at least 12 and maybe 15 depending on traffic.32 pesos from Puerto Madero to Nailea's for a massage. Yeah, I know, I should have taken the subte, but my back was killing me!

Check out this shuttle service to / from the airport:

$4 US? Wow. Is that AR$16 from EZE to the stop in San Telmo (Balacarce y Belgrano) Is that the only route? Even so, at that price plus a cab to a hotel or apartment one is still saving AR$100 over a remise.

Trampa
09-29-10, 11:06
It seems that the taxi fares have doubled since my last visit in 2008. I recall riding from Puerto Madero to Congresso for 5 or 6 pesos. Now it is at least 12 and maybe 15 depending on traffic.32 pesos from Puerto Madero to Nailea's for a massage. Yeah, I know, I should have taken the subte, but my back was killing me!

$4 US? Wow. Even before the praise raise you should be looking at around 20 peso from PM to congreso

Northsider
09-30-10, 00:50

$4 US? Wow. With the nearest competitor that I know of (Manuel Tienda Leon) charging 45 pesos, I find their price suspiciously cheap.

Is there some gimmick, such as they only discharge the passengers at their terminus, where the only taxis available are their own?

According to the web site they only operate Mondays to Fridays.

Jaimito Cartero
09-30-10, 05:50
With the nearest competitor that I know of (Manuel Tienda Leon) charging 45 pesos, I find their price suspiciously cheap.

Is there some gimmick, such as they only discharge the passengers at their terminus, where the only taxis available are their own?

According to the web site they only operate Mondays to Fridays. No idea. I just saw the place mentioned on FT. I'd certainly try it out though.

Silver Star
10-02-10, 02:17
No idea. I just saw the place mentioned on FT. I'd certainly try it out though.I believe it is legit, have checked out their site.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Affordable luxury car service and tours in buenos aires

Toymann
10-02-10, 11:58
Always keep in mind that you can just walk outside, away from the taxi stand, and just hail a cab. Last Monday I had little trouble getting a cab into town.100 pesos was the negotiated fee, accepted without issue. Just for fun, I asked at the taxi stand about 100 pesos and the guy had a fit and glared at me. Walked about 40 meters away and flagged one down no problem. Just a regular cab for 100 pesos flat rate. Certaining not fred's luxury service, but I certainly don't care about luxury for a 45 minute ride into town. Just my dos centavos. Happy Mongering All. Toymann

Wild Walleye
10-02-10, 12:28
Always keep in mind that you can just walk outside, away from the taxi stand, and just hail a cab. Last Monday I had little trouble getting a cab into town.100 pesos was the negotiated fee, accepted without issue. Just for fun, I asked at the taxi stand about 100 pesos and the guy had a fit and glared at me. Walked about 40 meters away and flagged one down no problem. Just a regular cab for 100 pesos flat rate. Certaining not fred's luxury service, but I certainly don't care about luxury for a 45 minute ride into town. Just my dos centavos. Happy Mongering All. Toymann

I like the convenience of getting into a remise (alone) and having a care free ride to my hotel or other destination. I have always had good service with MTL and despite my less-than-perfect Spanish (Miami Bob is laughing) I have never had a problem getting to my destination or with pricing or any other customer service issues. That said, it seems that the prices at MTL are going up faster than most other goods and services. MTL's charge for a remise from EZE into Bs As is now AR$172. That is a 93% increase in AR$ and a 52% in US$, over the last three years. That is about US$44 for the drive, which while on par with other major cities around the world, it seems a little out of line for Bs As.

I will probably just eat the cost of the remise (because I like the convenience) but the cost-benefit analysis is compelling. Taking the AR$16 aerobus and a AR$25 taxi from San Telmo to Recoleta, costs about AR$41, saving AR$131 over the MTL Remise (which is almost treintas minutos at many privados).

So, for an extra 40 mins of travel time (for a round trip) and the inconvenience of switching from bus to taxi (and vice versa) midway, one can have an extra hour of bliss with a gorgeous Argentine chica.

Silver Star
10-02-10, 14:45
I like the convenience of getting into a remise (alone) and having a care free ride to my hotel or other destination. I have always had good service with MTL and despite my less-than-perfect Spanish (Miami Bob is laughing) I have never had a problem getting to my destination or with pricing or any other customer service issues. That said, it seems that the prices at MTL are going up faster than most other goods and services. MTL's charge for a remise from EZE into Bs As is now AR$172. That is a 93% increase in AR$ and a 52% in US$, over the last three years. That is about US$44 for the drive, which while on par with other major cities around the world, it seems a little out of line for Bs As.

I will probably just eat the cost of the remise (because I like the convenience) but the cost-benefit analysis is compelling. Taking the AR$16 aerobus and a AR$25 taxi from San Telmo to Recoleta, costs about AR$41, saving AR$131 over the MTL Remise (which is almost treintas minutos at many privados.

So, for an extra 40 mins of travel time (for a round trip) and the inconvenience of switching from bus to taxi (and vice versa) midway, one can have an extra hour of bliss with a gorgeous Argentine chica. Fares are going up, because costs are going up, they just raised the airport parking rate 30%, and tolls just went up 30%.4 liters of semi synthetic oil over here is over $50US! Gas that was 2.79AR a liter is now hovering at $ pesos. The inflation is killing us, Argentina is not cheap anymore.

I personally don't suggest taking a black and yellow city taxi from EZE, there is a dark element running there and problems are known and well documented. For those who don't mind going in a tiny Argentine car that probably doesn't have airbags, I suggest Taxi EZE over a Black and Yellow city cab, especially if you are a rookie traveller here.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Premium Airport Transfers and Tours in English.

Fully Licensed and Insured to $10,000,000AR

BadMan
10-02-10, 18:47
People who don't live here will never understand this simple point.

Fares are going up, because costs are going up,

Miami Bob
10-03-10, 04:09
http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/tarifas.html link to prices-much cheaper than what you are using.

When I am traveling for a two weeks+ trip and have two checked bags and carry-on, this the service I use-very professional drivers. Dispatchers check everything. You have zero to worry about and a helpful driver who has a good job that they value.

WW look foward to seeing you in person in 2011!

Toymann
10-03-10, 22:52
Fares are going up, because costs are going up, they just raised the airport parking rate 30, and tolls just went up 30.4 liters of semi synthetic oil over here is over $50US! Gas that was 2.79AR a liter is now hovering at $ pesos. The inflation is killing us, Argentina is not cheap anymore.

I personally don't suggest taking a black and yellow city taxi from EZE, there is a dark element running there and problems are known and well documented. For those who don't mind going in a tiny Argentine car that probably doesn't have airbags, I suggest Taxi EZE over a Black and Yellow city cab, especially if you are a rookie traveller here.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.comFor heavans sake. You sit in the back seat. What would an airbag do? Please stop the dark agenda scare tackticks Silverstar. Like most, if all argentinians, if they take a cab, they pay 100 pesos as of last week. For heavans sake stop the nonsense! Happy Mongering All. Toymann

Wild Walleye
10-04-10, 13:03
Fares are going up, because costs are going upI understand why prices are going up, in general. I was commenting (not complaining or lamenting) on the fact that this one service seems to be outpacing other elements that I encounter in Bs As.

I know that inflation is effecting the prices for everything in Argentina. However, some of the movement isn't as intuitive as one may think, given that the largest pricing variable (for many goods and services) is energy. The price for crude oil is almost exactly where it was five years ago. Natural gas is a third of what it was five years ago.

Trampa
10-21-10, 15:32
Meter is now up to about 5,60 and 60 cents.

Good reason to stop taking cabs other than when I move my expensive stuff or go to Ezeiza.

I guess in a few weeks the taxi's run even more empty then right now.

Joe 23
10-21-10, 17:17
Meter is now up to about 5,60 and 60 cents.

Good reason to stop taking cabs orther when I move my expensive stuff or go to Ezeiza.

I guess in a few weeks the taxi's run even more empty then right nowIt's now 5.80 to start, then plus 58 cents every 200 metres.

Up by 26 percent.

A year ago, it was 3.80 and 38 cents, if I'm correct.

Jaimito Cartero
10-22-10, 07:02
I had a radio taxi that was hailed off the street. Got to my destination (10.5 pesos), gave him 12, and he claimed they had a minimum of 17 pesos. Nothing was mentioned in the cab, and he didn't have any paperwork that supported his claim, so he gave up.

Joe 23
10-22-10, 10:35
I had a radio taxi that was hailed off the street. Got to my destination (10.5 pesos), gave him 12, and he claimed they had a minimum of 17 pesos. Nothing was mentioned in the cab, and he didn't have any paperwork that supported his claim, so he gave up.They often charge a minimum of 12 when called by phone, sometimes 15 if booked beforehand to come at a specific time, but it's true that there is no paper on the taxi to verify this.

I suggest confirming minimum charges with the operator when you call.

If the driver says anything different, you can tell him that you've already confirmed with the operator and he'll shut up.

Jaimito Cartero
10-22-10, 20:34
I suggest confirming minimum charges with the operator when you call.

If the driver says anything different, you can tell him that you've already confirmed with the operator and he'll shut up. This taxi was hailed off the street, as mentioned. Not called.

Toymann
10-23-10, 03:30
Just finished my last trip to BA 4 days ago. Killer trip in all areas. Fishing, food and fucking! EZE to recoleta 100 pesos, just hailed a cab at the airport away from taxi stand. Recoleta to EZE 100 pesos, just hailed a cab at recoleta apartment. The first cab wanted 200 pesos so I told him to hit the road. Twenty seconds later the second cab stopped and 100 pesos was fine with him. Why all the fussing and complaining boys. This has been the price for the last year. You get what you negotiate for fellas. Just like the pussy. Happy Mongering All. Taxi Toymann

Trampa
10-23-10, 10:48
I never did This at eze but the going rate from capital was about 50 peso about a year ago, still a very big increase in my mind

Northsider
12-30-10, 15:30
Is there a set standard for the price difference between a cab hailed on the street (and using a meter) and one requested by telephone? Eg, if a ride comes out to 20p by the meter, app. What should I expect a remis to charge? The few times I've used a remis was to go to EZE, and was quoted a fare, so I have the impression they only use meters when hailed on the street. Is this right?

Seaman
12-30-10, 15:37
The main difference between a remis and a taxi is that most remis drivers use their own car which is not fitted with a taxi meter, nor is in the standard black+yellow color scheme.

Since there is no meter installed, most of them work with fixed fares. I did use a remis in the past who charged depending on the distance traveled. The driver used a pre-printed table to determine the fare. (It came out actually cheaper then quoted.)

If I need to go to the airport I just use taxi ezeiza out of laziness. But I have called a few services in the past for somebody else and got quotes which were all different. (Price difference up to 25%)

Meforu 2000
12-30-10, 20:59
I allways use the ezeisa taxi, the fare is one of the lowest, if you take it from the airport to your destination it's one price and if you call the driver back like I allways do you get a discount it's like $ 120. To your destination and 80 from your destination to the airport. I never had a bad expierience with them, and you can even tell him how you would like to go what route, with not a discusion, but they acually know the streets better than me. Ihave used them atleast a dozen times without any complaints.

Damman
02-25-11, 11:49
Taxi fare up 20% between 10:00 PM and 6:00 AM beginning March 1st.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1352210-viajar-en-taxi-de-noche-sera-mas-caro

Trampa
02-26-11, 09:45
Are there still residents or long-term perm tourist who still regular take cabs?

Member #3320
02-26-11, 14:33
Are there still residents or long-term perm tourist who still regular take cabs?I don't live here full time though I have always been taking taxis at will in my visits. And only adventure made me seek a subte or a bus. But I must admit for the first time that the taxi expenses are hitting my budget control.

Trampa
02-26-11, 20:59
Depends where you Liverpool but if you know how to use bus / tren you trip won't hardly be longer in most cases. San Telmo. San Isidro is about 1 hour for example

Anneagatha
09-29-16, 21:11
For all users who use taxis and cabs from airport and all other places . Ubergo is best online tool for getting your fare estimate for uber cabs the best in services and most convenient cabs globally. Getting your fare estimates before booking a ride with cab will always be good for you.

Anneagatha
10-06-16, 18:26
For all users who use taxis and cabs from airport and all other places . Ubergo is best online tool for getting your fare estimate for uber cabs the best in services and most convenient cabs globally. Getting your fare estimates before booking a ride with cab will always be good for you.https://ubergo.co/

If you're up for a classy ride, then enter your pick-up and drop-off location in ubergo and let our uber fare estimate to show you the current Uber fare prices.