PDA

View Full Version : Stay Away Some Strip Clubs

Topmex45
12-01-09, 04:47
Found myself walking down into a strip club that was in the basement just off 9 de Julio. Was led to a sofa and asked if what I wanted. I told the lady that I was just curious, thought is was a bar. I went to leave.

She would not let me out and said that the establishment had a right to set a fee for all who enter. She said there was a sign posted to that affect.

I asked her to call the police and she refused. She hit me on the face and I warned her that she was in big trouble for having assaulted me.

I was told that I would have to pay $500 US dollars to leave. I told her that I did not have it and even if I did I would not pay it. We were at a standoff for about 20 minutes while the staff surrounded me and did not allow me to move.

They finally got the picture that I was not going to pay and they let me out.

I told this story to a local who hangs out on 9 de Julio and he told me that some strip clubs are notorious for scamming tourists in this way. Another person told me that the same thing happened to her friend and they had to pay $500 to leave.

Stay away from these scams.

Gato Hunter
12-01-09, 05:19
You should have read the board.

That place is a well documented clip joint.

Sorry, hope the rest of your trip turns out better.

Sinistra
12-01-09, 11:32
Don't go to ANY strip club EVER that you haven't specifically seen mentioned here.

They are almost all scary rip-off joints.

Slipknot
12-01-09, 11:45
Sorry you were jacked around, but thanks for sharing the information.

Water Rat
12-02-09, 01:21
A few years ago I was accosted by 2 cute college age touts. They were using all their feminine guile to get me to go to one of these strip clubs. I had not yet found this board but my bullshit detector told me that it was indeed a scam. Glad that you held your ground and did not give in.

Had a problem like that in London, big Russian decided that I should pay a whopping amount on money for a drink. I suggested that we let the local constabulary resolve the dispute. He had other ideas. Told me about how he had been Russian Army. Tried to muscle me, not a wise move on his part.

Esten
12-02-09, 02:08
The part about the lady hitting him got my attention. Is it worth it in this instance for Topmex to make a police report for assault? Or would it just be a waste of time no matter what happened.