PDA

View Full Version : RIP Sandro

Guiller
01-05-10, 10:55
http://themusicsover.wordpress.com/2010/01/04/sandro-de-america/

Sandro de America (Born Roberto Sanchez)

August 19, 1945 – January 4, 2010

Sandro de America was an Argentine singer and actor who rose to prominence during the '60s. He began his career imitating Elvis Presley, but soon evolved into a style that raised him above the pack and garnered him millions of fans worldwide. By doing so, he became known as the "father of Spanish rock." As an actor, Sandro appeared in popular telenovelas (Spanish soap operas) and approximately two dozen films. In the early '70s, he became the first Latino performer to sell-out Madison Square Garden, and he did so four other time. One such concert in April of 1970 was broadcast worldwide via satellite, marking it the first time any singer had ever done so. On January 4, 2010 Sandro de America died of complications from a heart and lung transplant he received on November 20, 2009. He was 64 years old.

Alejandra
01-05-10, 20:05
Dear Guille,

I want to thank you for the words that you do one of the best singers in my country for decades. When I was little, my mother listened to their music constantly. And I, I did great too. A romantic man, supportive and seductive like few times I saw. But more importantly, an excellent person. His house, near my family's house. It's really a sad day for our Argentine heart!

Alejandra (Onella de 59. Com)

Rockin Bob
01-06-10, 15:28
I have to confess when I read the papers the other day announcing the death of Argentina's great pop icon, I had to ask, who the hell is Sandro?

Well, I've just gotten an education watching his funeral procession on TN, listening to what's going on about twenty minutes of his songs.

He truly deserves the title, the Argentine Elvis.

Or even Frank Sinatra at his best.

My eulogy for you Sandro:

And now, the end is near,
And so I face the final curtain.
My friends, I'll say it clear;
I'll state my case of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full -
I've travelled each and every highway.
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.