PDA

View Full Version : BA 2010 prices / costs

Paul Halisco
02-05-10, 15:18
Last time I was in BA good 3 star hotels were 50 USD a night. I noticed on some sites in the next few years that things skyrocketed just after I left. Good timing. Unintentional.

I thought Argentina was fucking cool.

Anyway, how about an accurate description of todays prices for Hotels,2-3 star, clean,

Food, etc aand out of BA too. I dug Puerto Madryn and places way down there. Really nice.

I went in their winter and I was glad. Don't want heat and crowds. Patagonia is excellent.

Only went to one chica apt. Chick was gorgeous. In BA. Would like to find good gals down in the south boonies. From Madryn to RIo gallegos. Any info.

But mostly want general price info and the state of their economy in general. Hows it going there in February 2010. Has the downturn affected them much? I'm curious.

Shane44
02-05-10, 16:54
Paul,

How long are you planning on visiting BA? This determines whether a hotel is a better option than renting. Second, what area within the City do you ideally want to stay in? This too will impact accommodation prices.

Paul Halisco
02-05-10, 17:02
I actually had a rental in Recoletta for 2 weeks on my return to BA from Chile. I had to wait for a new passport. It was stolen outside BA at a bus station. I had no trouble for months in Argentina and I fell for a simple sleaze trick in a bus station. I'll get them back for that someday.

It was a nice place for 34 USD cash a night, paid in peseos. Can I get something similar for 40 USD now in winter, I like those side streets between Rec and downtown. Anything.

Outside the bad areas. And I don't like the Florida street scene or anything like that.

Artisttyp
02-06-10, 00:39
I'd like to read a one or two paragraph summary on the cost of living in BA 2010 adding in (budget) mongering expenses.

Last June I was spending about $125 a day on top of accomodations. This got me one session at a privado 3 great meals a day snacks beers theater / movie tickets. I could have squeezed it to $100 a day but that would have been silly when for $25 you can eat a feast.

What is the current situation?

The average price for a privado session. The number of affordable privados. Restaurant prices. Etc.

These types of reports really help people that are planning a trip.

Mrropes
02-12-10, 23:53
My experience is that posadas are about 50 USD a night and 4 star hotels 100+ USD a night.

Food is variable but a decent meal and wine about 25 USD and up. A meal at a local (sin vino) can be about 10 USD.

200 Pesos seems normal for an hour of FS, 100 Peso for massafe

Artisttyp
02-13-10, 16:57
My experience is that posadas are about 50 USD a night and 4 star hotels 100+ USD a night.

Food is variable but a decent meal and wine about 25 USD and up. A meal at a local (sin vino) can be about 10 USD.

200 Pesos seems normal for an hour of FS, 100 Peso for massafeI appreciate your report thanks.

You probably know by now that you could get an apartment for around the same price or less than a posada (guest house).

Do you frequent budget privados or the higher end ones? That says alot as well. At 200 pesos per hour that is roughly $52 US add another few dollars for BBBJ and you are in the upper bracket of mongering in SA. Add on food for the day plus other expenses and you are looking at $150 day easy. Multiply that by 30 days and you have a $5k + trip.

*If anyone is doing strictly budget privados I'd like to know how many options there are. 2280 oro's closing is a big blow to night time budget mongering.

I find 30 /40 min is sufficient for me.

You are right on about the food. It seems like food prices havent changed much. I am more than willing to spend $25 on dinner in BA.

Artisttyp
02-13-10, 22:23
Food and drink are up at least 25%!So those two dinners that we ate would now be over $20 a piece?

Paul Halisco
02-14-10, 22:53
So the peso fell a bit. Eh? Glad to here it. Hey by the way.

Don't know the best forum for this. There use to be some chicas that would travel with a client around Arg / Chile and as long as you paid their fee and all expenses you could have a fun companion. Anyone know how to find a nice college type chick who would travel.

Full service more or less and stay in moderate hotels, no dives, and good food and do it for a reasonable fee per day. Like a month or so. How about some of your experiences with this or someone you knew. Would tend to be June thru Sept.

Exon123
02-15-10, 11:47
So the peso fell a bit. Eh? Glad to here it. Hey by the way.

Don't know the best forum for this. There use to be some chicas that would travel with a client around Arg / Chile and as long as you paid their fee and all expenses you could have a fun companion. Anyone know how to find a nice college type chick who would travel.

Full service more or less and stay in moderate hotels, no dives, and good food and do it for a reasonable fee per day. Like a month or so. How about some of your experiences with this or someone you knew. Would tend to be June thru Sept.I don't think thats a very good idea Paul Halisco.

Two or three days maybe, but not an extended length of time.

If the Chica goes "Junk" on you then what do you do?

There "Women" remember!

Exon

Blindpacemaker
02-17-10, 01:19
I appreciate your report thanks.

You probably know by now that you could get an apartment for around the same price or less than a posada (guest house)

Do you frequent budget privados or the higher end ones? That says alot as well. At 200 pesos per hour that is roughly $52 US add another few dollars for BBBJ and you are in the upper bracket of mongering in SA. Add on food for the day plus other expenses and you are looking at $150 day easy. Multiply that by 30 days and you have a $5k + trip.

*If anyone is doing strictly budget privados I'd like to know how many options there are. 2280 oro's closing is a big blow to night time budget mongering.

I find 30 /40 min is sufficient for me.

You are right on about the food. It seems like food prices havent changed much. I am more than willing to spend $25 on dinner in BA.While I understand this is a mongering-specific forum, don't you think it's a little odd that HALF your budget is on mongering? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with P4P (obviously) but there are other things in life worth spending your time / money on. I'm sure you'll tell me you know this, but when someone budgets $75 dollars a day, EVERY day for P4P you do start to wonder.

Anyway, don't take it in offence, it's an observation you may or may not agree with, but that's all it is, an observation.

BP

Blindpacemaker
02-17-10, 01:28
Oh, and to contribute to the discussion, I had a nice meal at my local restaurant in Recoleta (right near the cemetary) very nice, had the most expensive steak on the menu, large glass of above average red wine, large side portion of this spinach / sweet potato mash thing (lovely) and 2 coffee's, and it came to almost 25 USD (excluding tip) maybe a little less.

However, I now go to the butcher on the corner, buy fresh chicken / beef / name your favourate meat, cook it when I get back to the apartment, and I can be fed on a MAX of $25 USD. It's no substitute for the ambience of a good restaurant, but if your on a budget, it tastes fantastic, and I HIGHLY doubt you'll be able to eat 25 dollars worth of their food (I eat an abnormal amount)

EDIT: I meant $25 USD for the entire day, with leftovers (breakfast/lunch/dinner).

Artisttyp
02-17-10, 03:54
While I understand this is a mongering-specific forum, don't you think it's a little odd that HALF your budget is on mongering? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with P4P (obviously) but there are other things in life worth spending your time / money on. I'm sure you'll tell me you know this, but when someone budgets $75 dollars a day, EVERY day for P4P you do start to wonder.

Anyway, don't take it in offence, it's an observation you may or may not agree with, but that's all it is, an observation.

BPActually last time I was in BA my pfp budget was $40. The first few days I did two a day so closer to $60. Then I dried up to once a day.

Your right $75 is too much. I wish I had that to waste on pfp. The other money I allowed myself to spend went to other things.

$120 a day would have been somewhat sufficient but $150 gave me that little edge I needed.

On my first trip to BA I bought 31 pussies for $525

Blindpacemaker
02-17-10, 14:53
Actually last time I was in BA my pfp budget was $40. The first few days I did two a day so closer to $60. Then I dried up to once a day.

Your right $75 is too much. I wish I had that to waste on pfp. The other money I allowed myself to spend went to other things.

$120 a day would have been somewhat sufficient but $150 gave me that little edge I needed.

On my first trip to BA I bought 31 pussies for $525Haha ok fair enough, you've obviously got a much higher sex drive than me. I guess it depends why your travelling to BA in the first place. 150 bucks a day you musta been living nicely, I'm tryna do 150 pesos a day!

31 for $525. Thats a value-bucket o'pussy rite there

Paul Halisco
02-21-10, 14:47
How is the economy there in general? And Chile? I still think of moving down there half time, buy a place, maybe go in with partners on a farm if it was solid. I would only do that in Chile.

I dig Argentina but there is still a sense of unsureness. Not a good place to invest somehow. Just my opinion.

By the way anybody find a regular boat way to get to SA? I tried the freighter thing.

I would only do it again on specific ships and you can't always pick. Those German masters. Shit. They still carry the ghost of war and defeat with them. It must be in their genetic code. Their screaming episodes are ridiculous.

As far as chica expense. I would probably only look for a chica twice a week at the most.

Do you think there are any chics down south.