PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice on my first visit to BA

Article22
02-14-10, 06:45
Morning all,

Heading over with a friend to Argentina for 2 weeks in April and wanted some advice on where to stay.

Reading through the forums it appears that the Recoleta area is the best for first timers so I booked us into separate rooms at the Howard Johnson Hotel but looking back on it - I feel that it is a lot of money ($1600) for a week's accomodation.

So after checking that we could cancel, I then started looking for apartments. Boy what a minefield!

What with terrible websites, little English spoken (my Spanish is terrible) or dodgy reputations, it hasn't been fun.

Ended up finding this place:

http://www.apartmentsba.com/system/AP11%20-p520/

But would like some input from the forum as to the location is:

A. Quiet.

B. Safe.

C. Good for general stuff (food, walks, beer)

Also is it near enough to a few restaurants and good bars without needing a taxi all the time?

The other advice I would like is that we are planning on heading to the Iguazu Falls, which I am sure will be great but my friend wants to spend a whole week there. After reading up on the forums here, it seems that 2-3 days seems more the norm.

Will a week be ok there and will there enough to do?

Thanks so much for any replies, really looking forward to seeing this country soon!

Nigel.

Exon123
02-14-10, 10:54
Yes, IMHO you are being ripped off and paying entirely to much for that apartment, $1,500 for a week.

Yes its in a good safe neighbor hood in Recoleta, (If there is such a place) you can walk to such places as the El Alamo and other good bars and restaruants if you know where to find them. Plus its about 4 blocks from the "new mansion" Jackson is putting together, which as I understand has weekly mongering party's. But your paying to much from the wrong person.

In fact, contrary to the good "Captain's" option written below, the leasing agent for that apartment is "Persona non-grata" on this forum. He has a well earned a reputation for fucking fellow mongers and most of us won't deal with him. As an example he would gladly sell you a Franchise in the scam hes running, here take a look.

http://www.apartmentsba.com/franchise-opportunities-75/

I would suggest you look into other high end places such as the place Jackson acts as the leasing agent on Callao. I have personally stayed in this apartment and will state its absolutely gorgeous. Plus its a $100 dollars a night cheaper than what you've committed to pay, (It doesn't take any brains to spend money).

http://www.apartmentsinba.com/callao2/index.html

The one thing about Jackson's rentals is Jackson can't afford to be caught fucking the posters or members of his forum. If he did so there wouldn't be a forum. On the other hand the "Saint", (The handle on the forum of your landlord) has fucked so many members on this board he doesn't post here anymore.

There a number of "High End" apartment leasing agents in Buenos Aires. I suggest you "Google" and find them, if you can get your deposit back from the Saint, which I dought.

Exon

P.S. heres a good link to people I've used many times in the past. Just type in what you want, they'll find it for you.

http://www.reynoldspropiedades.com/?change_lang=eng

El Perro
02-14-10, 11:50
Morning all,

Heading over with a friend to Argentina for 2 weeks in April and wanted some advice on where to stay.

Reading through the forums it appears that the Recoleta area is the best for first timers so I booked us into separate rooms at the Howard Johnson Hotel but looking back on it - I feel that it is a lot of money ($1600) for a week's accomodation.

So after checking that we could cancel, I then started looking for apartments. Boy what a minefield!

What with terrible websites, little English spoken (my Spanish is terrible) or dodgy reputations, it hasn't been fun.

Ended up finding this place:

http://www.apartmentsba.com/system/AP11%20-p520/

But would like some input from the forum as to the location is:

A. Quiet.

B. Safe.

C. Good for general stuff (food, walks, beer)

Also is it near enough to a few restaurants and good bars without needing a taxi all the time?

The other advice I would like is that we are planning on heading to the Iguazu Falls, which I am sure will be great but my friend wants to spend a whole week there. After reading up on the forums here, it seems that 2-3 days seems more the norm.

Will a week be ok there and will there enough to do?

Thanks so much for any replies, really looking forward to seeing this country soon!

Nigel.$1,500US a week for an apartment in Buenos Aires. Laughable. Unless you are the sort of person who must have the "best" of everything or you are hellbent on impressing someone (or yourself) I would pass. This is Buenos Aires, a nice place, but it ain't Monte Fucking Carlo. With just a little research you should be able to find a decent place for two for close to half the price.

Funny this week. Jag driving, wordy, hey look at me assholes from Bolivia and $1,500US a week apartments in Buenos Aires.

Article22
02-14-10, 12:22
Thanks for your replies, in answer to a couple of questions.

I am a little confused with the 2 earlier postings, one which said that the apartment looked fine and the owner (Saint) of the leasing company was fine, and the other said he was not reliable and shouldn't be trusted.

No idea which one is true!

The two of us heading over there, have travelled as mates over a fair bit of this planet and we decided a while ago not to bother with average places to stay. So we head to boutique hotels or 5* apartments.

It's generally about the neighbourhood, space and piece and quiet which is important to us.

Each to their own I say, and have certainly done enough holidays where 'value for money' was the criteria.

I also saw a place with BA Habitat:

http://www.buenosaireshabitat.com/apartment_n366.html

But they seem to have a poor reputation here and my gut instinct backs that up.

As for Jackson's pad, that was the first one I checked but was booked for the period we were there.

Thanks for your help,

Nigel.

Exon123
02-14-10, 13:01
Article22,

Dogg & I have absolutely no reason to lie to you.

The real purpose of this forum is for people just like yourself. It provides you with information so you'll hit the ground running when you get to Buenos Aires.

Trust me when I say the "Captain" has mixed up Jackson with the "Saint". In fact I'd bet the Captain has never met the "Saint", I have, as a good many of my fellow Mongers. Most of the people I know that have done business with him have major complaints in which Saint has defrauded them in some way or another. Saints "market" is for people that just don't know, there 1,000's of them, We do.

Moreover, I fully expect there will be other posts on this thread in the next day or so that will agree with Doggboy and myself.

Exon

P.S. Jacksons new mansion will be open for business by April with rooms and private baths in the neighbor hood of $60 dollars per night. My suggestion is to wait a month and see the pictures and read the reports before you commit to anything

El Perro
02-14-10, 13:25
Nigel-$1,500US is a helluva lot of money to spend for digs in Buenos Aires for a week. That said, the apartment you have selected is in a very safe, ritzy part of town and you won't have any problem finding whatever you want. You won't need a taxi. If you wanted to branch out a bit, yes, you would need a taxi, but for the short time you are going to be here Recoleta has it all.

If you are used to 5 star hotels, etc. Then what the hell, fork over the money. Do us a favor and post back after it's all over with your opinion about the apartment and Recoleta.

Member #3320
02-14-10, 13:34
Article22,

Dogg & I have absolutely no reason to lie to you.

The real purpose of this forum is for people just like yourself. It provides you with information so you'll hit the ground running when you get to Buenos Aires.

Trust me when I say the "Captain" has mixed up Jackson with the "Saint". In fact I'd bet the Captain has never met the "Saint", I have, as a good many of my fellow Mongers. Most of the people I know that have done business with him have major complaints in which Saint has defrauded them in some way or another. Saints "market" is for people that just don't know, there 1,000's of them, We do.

Moreover, I fully expect there will be other posts on this threat in the next day or so that will agree with Doggboy and myself.

Exon.

P. S. Jacksons new mansion will be open for business by April with rooms and private baths in the neighbor hood of $60 dollars per night. My suggestion is to wait a month and see the pictures and read the reports before you commit to anythingExon is Correct.

It was a case of mixed identities. I meant that go ahead and rent from the Mr Jackson I know. That is the moderator of this forum.

I did not realize their are two "Jacksons".

Article 22, disregard my earlier post!

You should not be paying more than 1000~1700 us$/ A MONTH for a very decent fully furnished 1 bedroom apartment accommodating 2 adults in Recoleta, depending on how hard you search.

Send a email to "Jackson" of this forum and he should have something decent for you.

Apologies to all for the confusion caused by my incorrect post!

Jaimito Cartero
02-14-10, 13:35
$1500 a week might be worth it if it had a couple of cute chicas that came with it. Otherwise, just pass.

Some people believe it you pay a lot, you will get a substantially better place. Saint is a big believer is selling image, and charging 2 or 3x more for it than others. You can search for reports online under his real name. I believe it's still posted on here somewhere, or I'm sure another member will help you out with it.

For someone who supposedly likes boutique hotels, I don't know why someone would choose Howard Johnson's in the first place.

Jaimito Cartero
02-14-10, 13:36
I did not realize their are two "Jacksons".Saint is not a Jackson that I'm aware of.

Article22
02-14-10, 13:58
I agree with you all that all of the apartments are expensive but I don't see much alternative.

Here are a few others I found:

$1.1k a week.

http://www.buenosaireshousing.com.ar/apartments_for_rent_2-3_bedroom/uruguay0.htm

$2.1k a week
http://www.buenosaireshabitat.com/apartment_n366.html

$1.2k a week
http://www.bytargentina.com/re/propview.php?view=3761&bookit=&dia_ing=&mes_ing=&ano_ing=&dia_sal=&mes_sal=&ano_sal=

For a decent 2 bed apartment in BA, $1.2k - $2k seems to be the going rate depending on size and location...

Which one of the above agencies would any of you trust?

Exon123, we are fixed on the date as we have booked the flights, and when I checked Jackson only had the 1 apartment with 2 beds and that wasn't free...

No way are we sharing a bedroom so a 1 bed is out of the question!

Jaimito, why is Howard Johnson not rated as a decent hotel?

It looks ok in the pictures and earned a top review at TA...

http://www.booking.com/hotel/ar/howard-johnson-boutique-recoleta.html

What a minefield this could turn into:-)

Cheers,

Nigel

AllIWantIsLove
02-14-10, 14:22

No way are we sharing a bedroom so a 1 bed is out of the question!If a shared bedroom is out of the question because of your anticipated sexual activities, note that you do not have to have your encounters at your apartment / hotel. There are "short time" hotels and brothels (privados)

(I've sent you a PM too about apartments.)

Good Luck,

Bob

Exon123
02-14-10, 14:40
Article22

Badman has a couple of fairly new apartments 1/2 a block from Madaho's, (some of the most expensive mongering in the city)

There right across the hall from each other, like separte hotel rooms, and I think they rent of $350 a week, 1/2 of what your paying.

You might check with him.

Exon

If not this would be my choice

http://www.bytargentina.com/re/propview.php?view=3761&bookit=&dia_ing=&mes_ing=&ano_ing=&dia_sal=&mes_sal=&ano_sal=

But I'd "haggle" with them, sent em a e-mail and offer a grand a week, I think they'll go for it

Article22
02-14-10, 15:39
One of the reasons why I prefer an apartment to a hotel room is that you can get to meet up somewhere which isnt a bar / restaurant or other public place. And chill.

Found one of the places I mentioned earlier, advertised here:

http://www.rentingba.com/furnished-apartments/en/Apartments_for_rent/1171/Humboldt_Loft_.htm

It is $100 cheaper then BA Habitat which is a start :)

Has anyone got anything bad / good to say about Renting BA?

Had a look on the forums and only 2 posts on them, both ok.

Cheers,

Nigel

Exon123
02-14-10, 16:14
One of the reasons why I prefer an apartment to a hotel room is that you can get to meet up somewhere which isnt a bar / restaurant or other public place. And chill.

Found one of the places I mentioned earlier, advertised here:

http://www.rentingba.com/furnished-apartments/en/Apartments_for_rent/1171/Humboldt_Loft_.htm

It is $100 cheaper then BA Habitat which is a start:)

Has anyone got anything bad / good to say about Renting BA?

Had a look on the forums and only 2 posts on them, both ok.

Cheers,

Nigel.Article22,

Thats BadMan's, (Aka Robert) apartment web site whom I mentioned just below. You can deal with him and he's not going to "Fuck You".

You'll notice he works with Jackson, heres the Callao apartment on both Jackson's & BadMan's web sites

http://www.rentingba.com/apartments-for-rent/en/Apartments_for_rent/Recoleta.htm

Exon

Article22
02-14-10, 16:50
Cheers for that info Exon, I have asked for a price from Renting BA for the dates and hope they get back to me tomorrow.

Not heard anything about Jackson's new pad, but is it isn't ready until April then that will be cutting it a little fine! Any delays and we are in trouble.

Next time,

Nigel

AllIWantIsLove
02-14-10, 19:10
While Article22 has generated interest in this thread about apartments, does anyone know of a landlord which will store a few items for a tenant from year to year? This topic comes up from time to time and I don't recall ever seeing a solution.

Thanks,

Bob

Stan Da Man
02-14-10, 19:45
Cheers for that info Exon, I have asked for a price from Renting BA for the dates and hope they get back to me tomorrow.

Not heard anything about Jackson's new pad, but is it isn't ready until April then that will be cutting it a little fine! Any delays and we are in trouble.

Next time.

Nigel.And now for the counterpoint.

Article 22, it depends on what you want. I've been to BA a dozen times and rented apartments each time. I've rented from one person who advertises on this board, and I tried to rent from another one.

The one I rented from had apartments that were very much like the chica websites -- heavily photoshopped and glossed over. Upon arriving at the place, it turned out many of the supposed "features" didn't exist.

The second person I tried to rent from canceled the reservation at the last minute even after taking my security deposit. He was nice enough about it. He explained that the existing tenant who was due to leave before I arrived offered to pay him more money, so he canceled my reservation. He did offer to find me a new place and, ultimately, refunded my deposit. But, the real point was: You don't take a security deposit and then cancel the deal because someone offers you more money.

I've never posted criticisms of these two "services" because of what happens when you do that. You get flamed to hell by the folks who own these places. Don't take my word for it. Research the apartments section of the board a bit and you'll see what I mean. The apartment lessors here get very defensive when anyone says anything negative about their experiences at their places.

Now, on to some recommendations. First off, realize what you're getting with Exon's opinion. He is the cheapest *!*&%$ on the board -- and I mean that in the best way possible. He provides excellent commentary on what price he thinks should be paid for a service, whether that's chicas, apartments, taxis or dinners. He legitimately believes that apartmentsba is too expensive. If price is your first consideration, then Exon is right.

I've rented from ApartmentsBA three times over the past two years. The experience has been flawless each time. I've spoken to the owner and know that the trash a lot of folks post about him here is just jealousy. He's got good people working for him and he rents nice places. I've also rented from one of his "franchisees" in Rio De Janeiro who runs apartmentsrio. He's a good guy, too. So, I doubt Exon knows much of what he's talking about when he claims that the ApartmentsBA guy is trying to rip off folks with franchises. Usually, it's third-hand innuendo and gossip that people go on, rather than direct experience. If Exon tried to buy a franchise or rented from one of the franchisees, then I'll stand corrected.

Does ApartmentsBA charge a "fair" price? For me, the answer is "yes" because I'm not looking to save a few bucks. I don't get down there that much, so I'd rather spend a few bucks more to ensure that I have great accommodations. Others are looking to save money, and that's perfectly understandable in today's economy, so ApartmentsBA isn't for them. Could you have a bad experience renting from ApartmentsBA? Yep, I'm sure you could. But, it's like Madaho's which you can also read about on the board. Many here hate the place because the chica prices are so high. Few here would debate the idea that Madaho's is the place where you can find the largest selection of beautiful chicas. So, their gripe is about price. You have to keep it in context. Same with your choice of who to rent an apartment from.

Here are two other rental places of which you may not be aware. Each of these is probably a bit less expensive than ApartmentsBA, but more expensive than others that are recommended here. I've rented from each of these places 3-4 times each and never had a bad stay:

http://www.internationalnest.com/

http://www.buenosaireshousing.com.ar/apartments_buenos_aires.htm

Lastly, and depending on what you're up for while in B_A_, you might want to look in the Palermo area. It's not as cosmopolitan as the Recoleta area, but I think it has better "tourist" restaurants and a friendlier feel, though much more dogshit on the sidewalks. The locals undoubtedly know better, but Palermo is pretty nice this time of year. It's about a 25 peso taxi ride to Recoleta (less if you're Exon)_, and a bit more to Microcentro. During the day, it's a great place to be. But, if you're going to be spending most of your days in the Microcentro and / or Recoleta-area privados, it may not make sense.

And, in a vain attempt to stave off attack from the budget mongers, let me add once again: If price is your primary concern, then go with Exon's advice. If you're more interested in quality of stay and quality of digs, then I would not be looking for the best "deal" of an apartment. The laws of supply and demand are suspended in many parts of Argentina. In my experience, however, that isn't true of the apartment rental market. You get what you pay for. Let us know how you fare when all is said and done.

Good luck.

Member #3318
02-15-10, 03:47
My experience with Apartments BA has been very good. I rented Jacksons place on Callao and liked it very much (unfortunately it and his other place was unavailable the next two times I came in) I took a place on Junin and Vicente Lopez that was super nice (and super expensive but worth it)

The guy that owns ApartmentsBA took care of me personally each time I came to BA (now three total rentals with his firm) He worked directly with my assistant and everything about the experience was professional and aboveboard. His staff were punctual and willing to work with me when I had some scheduling issues. I don't work for them but would recommend and will use them again in the future.

I would take either of Jacksons places in a second too but my travel schedule to BA is usually on a relatively short notice basis so I typically lose out on his places to better planners than I. He is great to work with as well. I have some particularly good memories of his Callao location with Jasmine y Layla on a couple of nights. But thats another story. I'm looking forward to to his newest endeavor "The Mansion?"

Just my two cents worth.

Stormy
02-15-10, 15:49
Most landlords I have dealt with in BA are reluctant to get into storage. You might consider the South American Explorer's Club, which has a membership fee of about 150 pesos a year and they will store baggage for you. I have used them several times.

Donald
02-15-10, 18:42
I actually stayed in this place a couple years ago on my last visit. It was everything you could ever want mongering in BA. The hot tub is bigger in person than it looks on the website with plenty of room for you and two chicas, right in the master bathroom next to the bed for quick changeover if desired, and it fills with fresh hot water so it is not chlorinated. The place is huge and immaculate. 24 hr door man to let in chicas if you order them in (which is the only reason to rent this place in the first place) It is in the heart of the best neighborhood in BA with the most clubs and restaurants a couple blocks from the cemetery. I always felt safe walking around at night and I speak no Spanish. Great kitchen to cook yourself if you like.

I only stay a couple days when I'm in BA so to spend a few hundred extra dollars was worth it to me. But there again I prefer to live like a king when I'm in Argentina. As a tourista I can afford the best for a couple days so what the hell, I don't think you could even find a primo fuckpad like this in the States. If you can easily afford it go for it, if not save your money for girls.

Article22
02-16-10, 07:45
Thanks for all the great pointers, tips and help. Really appreciated.

Other than a few more questions, it looks like I will use Renting BA and grab this apartment for 10 days in April:

Just hoping that it is as good as it looks and 4 people will fit into the jacuzzi:p.

Not really heard much about the area (Palermo Hollywood) though other than it is a 'trendy' area, whatever that means.

Stan pointed a couple of places out which was great, but is there any more recommendations of decents places to visit while there?

Counting down the days!

Nigel

TejanoLibre
02-16-10, 12:36
Thanks for all the great pointers, tips and help. Really appreciated.

Other than a few more questions, it looks like I will use Renting BA and grab this apartment for 10 days in April:

Just hoping that it is as good as it looks and 4 people will fit into the jacuzzi:p.

Not really heard much about the area (Palermo Hollywood) though other than it is a 'trendy' area, whatever that means.

Stan pointed a couple of places out which was great, but is there any more recommendations of decents places to visit while there?

Counting down the days!

Nigel.Palermo has a lot of 'Trendy 'restaurants, bars and dico type clubs.

Nothing else besides a huge Park and Horse Racing Track.

There is a SLOTS ONLY Casino below the track.

As for Chicas your choices are very limited.

Forget about picking up local non-pro chicas at the discos.

You will almost need a formal introduction and really good bullshit in SPANISH to succeed.

It does happen on occasion but not like the easy-lay sluts in the USA.

So basically you will have to take a lot of cabs to and from the Chica Bars in Recoleta and Micro Centro.

That and have some home delivery which always cost a bit more but should be worthwhile.

Have Fun!

PM me if you would like to meet some of our tried and true independents.

TL

Donald
02-16-10, 17:24
If you've never been to BA you will find that roof patios are not very private. Everywhere I've stayed (in Recoleta only) I have had a patio, but there are other apartments in the building that overlook and many other taller buildings around that have clear views. Not really conducive to fucking whores in the hot tub. They also consider it cold at that time of year and you might have a hard time getting a chica in an outdoor tub anyway.

I found this place in Palermo that has a full size hot tub in your suite! It's only $570 a week.

http://www.sibaires.com/page/apartamento_palermo_080901E/buenos_aires_080901E.html

Look at the map link, it's close to Recoleta. There are also two other units in the same building renting weekly. You could get two 1 bedroom apartments, 1 for living and 1 for fucking, for almost half what that Palermo place you found costs. I tried to rent this place for a few days when I come over at the end of March, but he wouldn't give it to me for just 3 days. Probably a good thing, if I rented this place I'd probably just stay in the room and fuck all day every day. Interesting thought though.

Article22
02-19-10, 09:16
Well that was fun.

Despite my best efforts, I have just been insulted by RentingBA who couldn't even send me a PayPal invoice for the deposit using an official RentingBA PayPal account.

How they can think that I would be happy with sending money to one called '[Name of uninvolved third party deleted by Admin]' I don't know:(

I have a full email and Skype logs if anyone is interested.

Avoid www.RentingBA.com at all costs.

So back to square one, once again looking for a decent apartment - hopefully using a company who knows what they are doing this time.

Nigel

Wild Walleye
02-19-10, 17:49
If you've never been to BA you will find that roof patios are not very private. Everywhere I've stayed (in Recoleta only) I have had a patio, but there are other apartments in the building that overlook and many other taller buildings around that have clear views. Not really conducive to fucking whores in the hot tub. They also consider it cold at that time of year and you might have a hard time getting a chica in an outdoor tub anyway.With my white ass on the balcony of the places I stay. Even in the dead of winter, I have had hearty chicas willing for a little exposure, although it has usually been on high floors so fewer on-lookers.

BadMan
02-19-10, 17:54
If you are unwilling to pay a reservation deposit, we are unable to reserve the apartment for you.

I have been renting apartments in Buenos Aires for years, always using the same account. No one has had a problem with it but you. Your problem is not my problem.

Best of luck with your search.

BM.

Jackson
02-19-10, 18:50
Greetings everyone,

The Owner of RentingBA has advised me in the past and again today that he does not wish to have his apartment rental business promoted, reviewed, discussed or mentioned on this website for a number of reasons, and specifically because he feels that the open forum environment permits his business and others to be unfairly abused by some forum members while not being conducive to allowing him to respond evenly.

I think we should respect his wishes.

Thanks,

Jackson

Rev BS
02-20-10, 02:31
To answer your second question regarding Iguazu Falls, you are right. 1/2 day for the Brazilian side and 1 day for the Argentine side. For mongering, there is Crystal and Scorpion (on the Brazilian side.)

Rioman
02-20-10, 04:21
You know, I absolutely am a huge fan of both you Jax, and Bad. Sadly Jax this is the worst post I have ever read on this forumn. I have successfully rented from both you and Bad in the past with totally successfully results for both myself and my wingmen. That said, this type of post just totally makes the whole forumn a total sham. At the end of the day, this is an open forumn and ALL points of view need to be posted. If the poster is "out to lunch" then at the end of the day it will be exposed for what it is! That said I am happy to hear your rebuttal of this post! Rioman

Ps. I look forward to hanging with you all in April.

PPs. If anyone else feels the same I do then I suggest you chime in or forever hold your tongue.

Greetings everyone,

The Owner of RentingBA has advised me in the past and again today that he does not wish to have his apartment rental business promoted, reviewed, discussed or mentioned on this website for a number of reasons, and specifically because he feels that the open forum environment permits his business and others to be unfairly abused by some forum members while not being conducive to allowing him to respond evenly.

Thanks,

Jackson

Article22
02-20-10, 07:12
Rioman,

I thought the same, but I like this forum and really am not here to rock the boat.

As I have found out (from members who have emailed me privately) this has been going on for a while. It just means that certain companies are above the law on this forum, but thats Jackson's prerogative as this site is his.

This is my first trip to Argentina and I joined this forum to gain some knowledge into its life. And boy did I certainly get that!

In the end I booked the same apartment through another agency, so everything is good:)

Roll on April!

So we now have 10 days in BA, and 4 in Iguazu Falls, hopefully that will be a better split than 7 / 7 and we won't be too bored in either place?

Have fun all,

Nigel.

BadMan
02-20-10, 15:08
A while back I made a conscious decision to no longer advertise, debate or rent to AP members on AP for a multitude of reasons. I simply informed Jackson about this and he respected my choice and took down all information pertaining to my site. I DO NOT advertise on AP.

And I am NOT looking to rent to AP members. It's simply not the direction I am heading. So if I don't personally know you or you are an AP member with social issues, please seek accommodations elsewhere.

If I choose not to do business with you, don't make up lies to " get back " at me. This is exactly the childish behavior I am trying to avoid. You will simply be ignored.

See you in April Rioman and TM. Btw BBQ at Queso's this weekend.

Jaimito Cartero
02-20-10, 17:41
Greetings everyone,

Thanks,

JacksonIs it April 1st already?

I thought this site was about free exchange of information about Buenos Aires. Even though he has exposed himself on International TV for his rentals, I recognize that it's not kosher to post his real name here.

Otherwise, if people have had experiences with his rentals, or other views, why restrict them?

Frankly, this reminds me a bit of how Ms. Sol was treated, and we all know how that turned out.

SmilesX
02-20-10, 20:04
To answer your second question regarding Iguazu Falls, you are right. 1/2 day for the Brazilian side and 1 day for the Argentine side. For mongering, there is Crystal and Scorpion (on the Brazilian side.I don't know about Scorpion but Crystal is a rip off joint. The girls will go off with you - one "7" caliber quoted me $150 us / hr 2 yrs ago. If you must - expect $75 US for a bottle of champagne you didn't order.

Stan Da Man
02-23-10, 23:15
Is it April 1st already?

I thought this site was about free exchange of information about Buenos Aires. Even though he has exposed himself on International TV for his rentals, I recognize that it's not kosher to post his real name here.

Otherwise, if people have had experiences with his rentals, or other views, why restrict them?

Frankly, this reminds me a bit of how Ms. Sol was treated, and we all know how that turned out.You're thinking of ApartmentsBA.com. This is RentingBA.com. Just to add to the confusion:

You can post about ApartmentsBA.com, just don't mention the owner's name.

You can post about the owner of RentingBA.com or at least his handle here, just don't mention the rental service.

Does that clear it up?