PDA

View Full Version : 2002-2004 WSG Reports

Pages : [1] 2

Jackson
05-14-02, 22:05
Select "Add New Message" to post a message.

viking
05-15-02, 14:12
I am going to BA in June, and it seems that the Etoile is booked full. Any recommendations for a nice, inexpencive and girl friendly hotel in the Recoleta area?
Thank you,
Viking

Saint
05-15-02, 15:33
Viking,

The Etoile is probably getting popular...Ha, ha. Seriously though, it was sold out the day I checked out. There was a dramatic difference the week I arrived vs. the week I checked out.

I am going back in December and I am about ready to book with the Design Suites. The rooms on the website look very nice and modern. I emailed with their reservation desk this morning and she said it was $80 US + 21% VAT for a junior suite with a Queen size bed. She assured me guests were not a problem as long as they registered at the front desk. It looks pretty nice. Granted it's about $30 US more per night but it may be worth it. The neighborhood it's in is called "Barrio Norte" and she said is 5 blocks from Recoleta.

http://www.designsuites.com

Can anyone that has stayed here before post a brief report on the condition of the hotel/rooms/staff/etc. ? I would greatly appreciate it.

viking
05-15-02, 23:25
Saint,
Thank you for your 2 replies, and thank you for the great posts from your trip!
Viking

Saint
05-16-02, 17:20
You're welcome Viking. Also, if you're dead set on the Recoleta area you might want to check out the information below. Jackson, or any other more knowledgeable guys that have been to B.A. frequently, I'd appreciate your opinion on other hotels that are a good choice besides the Etoile.

Ulises Suites in Recoleta (I'm copying and pasting an email from Veronica from the Ulises). The penthouse looks awesome on their website. I still think the Design Suites looks better.

The $54 US / per night rate is for a Studio Apartment of a ambient, with queen size bed, safety box, tv cable, telephone, kitchenette completely equipment and bathroom complete as well. More details you can look at their web site.

And the price of their Penthouse that has a very beautiful room, 2 bathrooms, safety box, living room, kitchenette with a little bar, 2 tv cables with VCR. The price of the penthouse its u$s 115 dolars incl taxes and continental breakfast.

Best Regards,

Verónica
reservas@ulisesrecoleta.com.ar

Hulk
05-16-02, 19:11
Saint:

Did you ask the folks at Ulises Suites if they were girl-friendly?

Saint
05-17-02, 01:09
Hulk,

I didn't ask it like that. I told Veronica that I knew several girls in Buenos Aires that were "friends". I asked her if it would be a problem if they spent the night with me. She said as long as they registered there would be no problems. However, I would like to hear from hombres that might have stayed there before. I'm not sure if there are any better deals. She wouldn't quote a price in pesos for December because it was too far away. If you email her she might be able to quote you a price in pesos if you are staying in the next month or so.

Interesting enough, I emailed the Etoile today just to see if they would book a room for December. Yes, they will. And the rate was even lower than I just payed last week. It was like 160 pesos + 21% tax for a Diplomatic Suite.

When I emailed a lady at the alojargentina email address....she said she could find me a private, furnished apartment in the Recoleta area for about $35 US to $60 US per night as long as I stayed at least 3 nights. That included maid service daily. So many possibilities..good luck.

Saint
05-17-02, 19:27
Not to beat a dead horse or anything but felt remiss if I didn't at least mention this. Definitely email me and I will refer you to a good contact in Buenos Aires. saintofba@hotmail.com

This lady is great. Her attitude is so good! She told me anything is possible. She doesn't charge a fee as I believe the hotels pay her a commission for bringing her business. I was told the price I was getting from Design Suites was the rock bottom price. Mayra was able to get me a better rate. I think the hotels allow special pricing to people like her that live in Buenos Aires and set this up.

My price quote on a Junior Suite is $65 US + 21% tax or $105 + $21% for a one bedroom Suite. She is also working on finding me a hotel to stay at in Mar Del Plata. I told her that I planned to check in a hotel in Buenos Aires for a few days, then go to Mar Del Plata for 4 nights and asked if the hotel could just hold my stuff and not charge me for the room while I'm gone. Her answer was, "anything is possible with enough time". That is the kind of words you like to hear.

Just think if Jackson added a Priceline.com type feature for hotel rooms in Buenos Aires on this site...(You could be rich buddy!) LOL

Enjoy life all.

Saint
05-21-02, 01:36
Starfe told me about this new hotel in the Recoleta area.

http://www.artsuites.com.ar/ingles/rates.html

Rate says $68 US and $108 for an executive apartment vs. Premium apartment. I would suggest emailing Mayri and letting her see if she can get a better price for you.

mayri05@hotmail.com

She has already saved me some money on bookings.

She is working on Mar Del Plata hotels for me now. She says "Manantiales Hotel is a 5 star hotel", and the rate for U$S 40/night which automatically tells me it's probably a 3 star hotel but might work.

There are many possibillities in or near the Recoleta area with the estimated 64,000 taxi's.

CityDude
05-21-02, 05:38
If you want value and friendly hotel -
Hotel Plaza Francia
http://www.hotelplazafrancia.com/english/contenedor.htm

shiny
05-22-02, 13:11
60 US dollars a night for a hotel room? That seems absurdly high considering people are waiting in lines to buy US dollars now in Buenos Aires.

US cash is like gold now because there is a high probability that the exchange rate will drop further...buy low with dollars...before it rises again...sell high.

SteveC
05-23-02, 11:17
Citydude,

Have booked a flight to BA in June. I've been quoted $60 a night incl tax for a standard, or $75 for a junior suite. They seem like great prices, but after shiney's comments, is it too much or can I get a better deal?
Also, I assume its visitor friendly, is that true?
Thanks for any info.

Saint
05-23-02, 11:40
SteveC, Shiny & Others:

Some guys may disagree with me but I really think you guys need to keep things in perspective. Buenos Aires isn't Costa Rica, Mexico, or Thailand. Keep in mind that some of these rooms you're now paying $60 US a night for went for much higher than that before January. Granted, I cannot fathom paying over $100 US a night for a bad bed at the Etoile but at the same time I do not expect to pay next to nothing for a really nice hotel in a good area.

Yes, I do think we might see more price fluctuations in the market that may cause prices to dip a little further but places like the Alvear Hotel are still charging around $200 US/ night.

Same principle with the girls. Pay what you think is fair. This devaluation is great for us but it is HORRIBLE for the local residents. Also, keep in mind that if it gets significantly worse, the girls will get up and move to other countries to work. Just some things to think about.... Good luck.

** P.S. Also keep in mind at that particular hotel the $60 US includes the 21% tax. That 21% tax adds up if you're staying multiple nights.

SteveC
05-23-02, 19:32
Saint
Point taken. Thanks for the advice. Its my first time in BA and I don't want to look like a cheapskate.

asiaman
05-26-02, 09:39
I am coming to BA on business in about 2 weeks. Can someone suggest a few nice hotels that have decent rates AND that are not located far from the action, which I understand is mostly located around the Recoleta area. Please post here or feel free to mail me directly asiaman18@hotmail.com

Thanks for any advice.

Yabba
05-27-02, 13:59
staying at art suites...dealt direct with them...excellent english...was all in for a standard room for 60 per day taxes included because of my extended stay. Asked how they felt about bringing in guests and they said point blank"what you do is your business"...how's that for Chica friendly...check in is 6/5...out 6/25..will be on lookout for postings of WSG members to monger with...yabba

umgman
05-29-02, 15:37
I'm also staying there, 6/10- 6/21. I'm setting up details now. I haven't posted here before and don't really know how to make contact, so feel free to clue me in.

LA Larry
05-29-02, 16:49
Saint--

Two things--

1) I can tell you all about the Hotel Manantiales in Mar Del Plata.....I highly recommed it. If you are interested I can send you an email or post my experiences here.

2) I think it merits you repeating exactly how much you paid in PESOS per night for your room at the Etoile in BA. I need some clarification just so I know if what you wrote isn't a typo.

Did you say 60 pesos per night? (That is $18 US Dollars approx)

If that is the case--then there is no greater Hotel value in all of world wide hobbying.

Aside from the bed--the price, the location, the staff, the girl policy--all add up to make it an incredible value.

I think I paid around $60 US Dollars per night at the Etoile--but I forget now (everything was so goddman cheap down there that I threw pesos around like a drunk soldier on shore leave.)

BUT 60 PESOS IS INCREDIBLE!!!

Lemme know--Thanks!

Yabba
05-29-02, 17:23
umgman...when you arrive at art suites ask Lucia at the desk what room yabba is in and phone me or leave message...we can monger around...I will clue her in that I am Yabba and awaiting some buddies.

Saint
05-29-02, 20:31
Hi Larry. YES, I'd definitely like to hear exactly about that hotel you stayed at in Mar Del Plata. Please post or better yet email me at saintofba@hotmail.com I'd love to meet up with you sometime in BA. Sounds like we have similar tastes in girls.

** I didn't know I made a typo. If so, I apologize. NO, I paid around 155 pesos + 21% (approximately $60 US per night) for an executive suite at the Etoile. It will never get down to 60 pesos a night..LOL. If so, damn the crappy beds...I'd book a room and buy a new bed for the room.

Hopefully I don't talk anyone out of staying at the Etoile. What Larry said is exactly right. The location doesn't get better. The staff was incredible. The rooms were big but the decor wasn't the greatest. The only complaints I have with the Etoile to be fair is the beds in my opinion were really bad, the shower doesn't have a full "shower curtain", no alarm clocks or clocks in general, no radio, and no need to eat there. The staff was so good I would recommend that place in a second.

Yabba, please let us know exactly how your stay is at the Art Suites. I'm staying either there or the Design Suites. I'd really appreciate an honest assessment of the rooms, staff, etc. there. Thanks in advance.

Prosal
05-30-02, 05:24
Has one of the Argentina expert an experience of the new Four Seasons hotel in BA ....in fact, my question means : is it guest friendly ? :)
Thanks in advance.

The Truth
05-30-02, 15:01
LAL, Saint, Shiny and other BA pros... I've never been to BA, but I'm in the process of setting up a trip for late-Sept/early-Oct. I normally stay at Sheratons or Marriotts, unfortunately they haven't adjusted their rates to reflect the devaluation. OTOH, the hotel that citydude mentions, Plaza Francia, sounds and looks pretty good.

HOWEVER, since never I've seen a citydude post except to push this hotel, I worry that this is a self-promoting tout. Does anyone have any experience at this hotel? I'm most concerned about the quality of the facility and guest friendliness.

LA Larry
05-31-02, 00:47
CA Traveler!

I got to tell you something CA--the situation in Buenos Aires when I was down a few months ago was such that I could basically walk into any hotel in the city (except the Alvear, the Sheraton or Hilton) and negotiate a great price. So that means that you might want to book a room for a couple of days in a reasonable place and then spend an afternoon inspecting various hotels in BA until you find one to your liking.

You pretty much can't go wrong. But it really depends on what your hot buttons are. Price? Location? Girl Friendly? Softness of the beds!

The Hotel Castelar will charge you around $25 US dollars for a small room in a grand old 4 star hotel. $50 dollars will get you a much bigger place.....It's located in the center of the city on Avenida de Mayo. and has a Turkish spa in the basement. It aint the Ritz but for the frugal hobbiest--you will be just fine. The staff is wonderful and understand your every need.

BUT I REPEAT: The best value in the city has to be the Etoile if you take everything into consideration....My good friend and partner The Saint had a legitmate complaint about the bed being too hard; I'm sure if he had wanted to break balls he could have switched rooms. But from the sounds of things, The Saint was too busy with other more important concerns to make a serious issue.

Let us know your budget and we'll try to steer you in the right direction.

Saint--

I will send you an email soon on MDP....I gotta set up a new email account since the only one I have now is shared with the wife.

Saint
05-31-02, 00:52
CA Traveller,

I wish I was a Buenos Aires pro. Very far from it. I'll try to answer your question as best as I can but keep in mind it's only my opinion. As far as that post, I also agree that it could be a self promoting post. I always wonder when someone posts information yet they don't provide any details.

Maybe Jackson or any other guys that have been to B.A. several times can better answer your question regarding that hotel. I have no information on it. I didn't come across it and don't know what part of town it is in. What you might want to do is go ahead and book it if it's in the part of town you wanna be in. I'd also make another reservation for the next night at another hotel. That way if you don't like the room you have only wasted one night in that hotel.

I believe the LoiSuites will take a reservation without a credit card number but you might want to double check with them. A lot depends what you're used to. I'm like you... I'm used to staying in Marriott or Sheraton quality hotels. If you are used to that than I can tell you now that you're probably going to be disappointed with some of the rooms in B.A. with a cheaper price. Sometimes what you pay for is what you get. With all the good choices in BA, I wouldn't shell out American type rates for a room right now. There are tons of good quality hotels for a decent price.

The other thing you need to do is email the hotel. Ask them what part of town they are in. What their guest policy is. Go ahead and tell them you have "female friends" in B.A. and you want to be able for them to spend the night. Ask if there are any problems and what their rules and procedures are. Then when they answer, print it out and take it with you in case there are any problems. I've found that the majority of hotels I emailed were very upfront and honest regarding their policies.

Personally, I wouldn't shell out the money to stay at the American owned hotels. Too many good choices in my humble opinion. Hope that helps. Good luck.

P.S. I just posted this about 1 minute after Larry posted..so I'm adding this to his statement. He is 100% correct. The Etoile is in a GREAT location. No means a 5 star hotel but the staff as I mentioned several times is the best! I also complained about the beds but I'm very picky with beds and have a back that gets sore easily. I would suggest you do the same thing. Book an Executive suite or the best suite there for a night or two and if you don't like it just switch hotels.

Either that or email me and I can give you the name of a girl in BA that speaks English. I'm sure if you tipped her she would walk into a hotel for you and negotiate a very good price since she is a local. (Locals tend to get the best rates on everything).

Dcrain
06-07-02, 17:32
Price increase at Etoile? Here is the email I just received from Maria:

Dear Sr,

Etoile Hotel appreciates your contact.
The rates are the following:

STANDARD ROOM: $198 PESOS + TAX ( 21% )
EXECUTIVE SUITE: $225 PESOS + TAX ( 21% )
DIPLOMATIC SUITE: $250 PESOS + TAX ( 21% )

INCLUDES AMERICAN BUFFET BREAKFAST, ACCESS TO THE HEALTH CLUB AND FREE
PARKING.

If you need any further information, please contact us.
Best regards,

Maria Julieta Maldonado
Reservations Department

Dcrain
06-07-02, 18:25
Marie just reconfirmed the higher prices at the Etoile, even after I mentioned the quote she gave Saint a couple of weeks ago. I guess all good things must come to an end.

Admin
06-11-02, 14:50
Just my 2 cents on the hotel situation in BsAs.

I agree with everyone about the Etoile. I stayed there last month and everything was perfect except the f--king beds, which gave me a backache.

Last week I stayed at the Ulises, which was okay but I didn't like the game where they wanted to quote the rate in USD.

I'm going back to BsAs next month, and I just received an email from Loisuites wherein they also quoted a rate in USD inspite of the fact that I specifically asked for a rate in Pesos. I just sent them an email advising them that if they come to the US we don't quote our hotel rates in Pesos, Reals, Marks, Yen or any other currency except USD because that's the currency here.

The absurdity of all this is easily illustrated by considering a reverse scenario. Imagine for a moment that the dollar was falling in value against the Japanese Yen. Would American hotels start quoting rates to Japanese visitors in Yen? Would local, state or the Federal Government permit hotels to perpetrate this kind of arbitrage against tourists with the hope that their bill would convert into more dollars when they checked out as opposed to when they made their reservation? Would sophisticated Japanese travelers tolerate this obvious discrimination and insult on their intelligence? The answer is NO on all counts.

They're playing a game here that I don't like because I suspect that businessmen from Argentina are getting rates in pesos, and at a lower price. I don't want to play by the hotel's rules. Right now with the strong dollar I get to win, but you can bet that if the dollar starts to fall they will start quoting rates in Pesos again.

Another issue I have with the hotels is that they've been "less than vigilant" about updating their websites with new USD rates. Many of the websites still have the original Peso=USD rates from last year, figuring that many international business travelers aren't cognizant of the difference today.

What galls me about all this is that their mortgage, and thus their mortgage payment, was converted into pesos last January, and their other expenses, which are also paid in pesos, haven't gone up that much. Certainly they aren't paying their employees more, so this game of displaying the former peso price as the current dollar price, or quoting prices in dollars, is just a windfall for the owners of the hotels because they have a lot of international guests who don't know any better.

Anyway, I can play this game too, usually by negotiating at the front desk while my taxi waits out front with his motor running. However, I also suggest to everyone that in your emails to the reservations desks that you start protesting these USD rate quotes and start insisting that you get the same prices quoted in pesos as the local businessmen and visitors.

Saint
06-11-02, 18:37
I wholeheartedly agree with Jackson. In the grand scheme of things the hotels can charge what they want but we can decide if we are going to frequent them or not. The hotels try to charge as much as they can based on their perception of how stupid they think we are. (And the reality is that many travelers are stupid, could care less about money, or their companies pay all expenses so they don't care).

Always ask for a rate in pesos no matter where you are. This is specifically why I stress to pay the girls with pesos if at all possible. By paying or asking for quotes in dollars you are only reinforcing the fact that they shouldn't be accepting pesos.

I think it all stems from the fact that the government royally screwed the Argentines and now the businesses are out to screw everyone else and get the most they can. In the short term they will make more money but in the long run they will lose out to other hotels with better customer service. That my friends is the same no matter what country you are in.

Also, for all the guys emailing me asking for information...take the time to go back and read all the information that other members and myself have posted. Most of the questions you are asking are all found in past reports that are only less than a month old. If people take the time to post, Jackson takes the time and money to host the site and not charge you a fee, the least you can do is not be lazy. Good luck.

Saint

Admin
06-11-02, 21:04
Thanks for contact us.
We do have availability for the dates you mention. About the rates, we can only offer them in dollars. To turn them into pesos, you have to take the daily exchange.

Studio Junior (25 m2) 130 usd
Executive Studio (40 m2) 150 usd

These rates are per room per night. Do NOT include VAT (21%).
They gives the following beneffits:

* Wellcome drink
* Buffet Breakfast
* Acces to sauna, gym and indoor swimming pool
* Acces to Business Center

Please do not hesitate in contact me if you need further information.
Best regards,

Daniela Fianuchi
Sales Department
Te. 54 11 5777 8950 int. 3500

Dcrain
06-12-02, 16:21
Hotel update. Per email from Mayra Brill. The prices being quoted for hotels are cash prices. Hotels are adding 14% for use of a credit card in addition to the 21% tax.

Saint
06-13-02, 00:09
DCRain,

Talked to Mayri today. She said it is only Art Suites that is charging the 14% surcharge right now for using credit cards. That is an outrageous rate to me. I would still consider staying there but I would pay cash to avoid the surcharge.

Could someone that is there now post more DETAILED information about the Art Suites. It sounds like they are chica friendly but one guy said the rooms are not as nice as on the website. Can you describe the room in detail and also how the beds are or anything else that is important. Thanks in advance.

Saint

Dcrain
06-13-02, 10:50
Here is the email from Mayra. The dates I was asking about were in late October. I deleted the parts of the email preceding the credit card surcharge statement.

This prices are cash, they are charging right now and extra 14% ( don't pass out!) if you pay with credit card...this is due to problems you must've heard about Argentina's economy. Let me know your comments about this ones, and remember BA it's gonna be very full on those dates because we are getting into winter holidays. Regards from the south, Mayra!

umgman
06-14-02, 18:13
Do not misconstrue my message about Art Suites. They are awesome. The pix make them look palatial, and they are not quite up to that level, but they are awesome none the less. Hard wood floors, fridge, stove, microwave, nice shower, bed is excellent, moderately firm queensize. Breakfast included every morning. No one has asked a question about a chica yet, no sign in or anything. There is a doorman, and security is fine. 10 min walk to Black, about 5 min to Playwoman. Stay here. I didn't get paid for this.

CityDude
06-15-02, 07:40
Originally posted by viking
I am going to BA in June, and it seems that the Etoile is booked full. Any recommendations for a nice, inexpencive and girl friendly hotel in the Recoleta area?
Thank you,
Viking

Try this http://www.hotelplazafrancia.com/ Know someon who stayed there reently and had guests overnight.

JetSetter
06-21-02, 16:55
Hey guys,

Does anyone how to contact art suites via email.
I sent a couple of emails using the 'contact us' on their english website but no response.
Was trying to ask if they could thow an extra bed in the living room of an exec suite for there website price of U$D68+tax
Any advice here would b great!

Thanks.

Yabba
06-22-02, 11:37
I am currently staying at Art Suites...its great, clean and safe...also very chica friendly... In the living room of my executive suite I believe the couch converts to a bed...If you come down with USD I am pretty confident that your request will be satisfied for no additional funds...you should simply call and ask for Lucia or her daughter Lupa who both speak good english and deal on the phone once with them...they will even arrange a fifteen usd personal driver with a sign for pick up and return to the aero...

Saint
06-22-02, 13:43
Jetsetter,

Same thing happened to me a few times. Try emailing Mayri at mayra@argentinago.com. Last time I talked to her she had a prearranged rate that was about $10 US cheaper a night for an executive suite. Keep in mind that I haven't used her for the Art Suites before. I know friends that she has helped though. Also, I'm not sure how the prices are fluctuating down there. Especially at the Art Suites. They are privately owned I believe so the prices might swing from week to week.

I know that she keeps in contact with the management there. There are also tons of other choices depending on what your budget it and what part of town you want to stay in. Most guys can probably just email some of these places directly. She is good for guys who don't speak any Spanish at all or that don't know where they want to stay. Good luck.

JetSetter
06-22-02, 14:32
yabba,
could you do me a favour and check the sofa does convert to bed and confirm it's suitable all night chica action?

saint,
have you used this girl before to book art suites, I'd prefer if you could vouch for her rather than her being 'friend of a friend...' - bit risky.

Thanks guys.

jetsetter.

Yabba
06-23-02, 17:24
jetsetter...checked couch and it does have a roll out trundle under it...containg a small single bed on castors...but keep in mind that it does not come close to the queen or king size bed in the bedroom that has the bathroom...huge difference in quality of beds. As for chica friendliness...here is a quote from the managment...what you do here is your business...I have had 17 over in 20 days at all times of the day or night...also, doubt they are watching at all or even caring about an all nighter.

JetSetter
06-24-02, 15:30
LOL,
Yabba sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant to ask if the sofa bed is suitable for all night chica action, sounds like it isn't. At least you've answered the management question too!

Thanks
JS

eric7
07-03-02, 01:18
Would appreciate feedback on the following regarding location, locale, general proximity
to pubs/bars, as well as "girl-friendly" attitudes
for:
InterContinental Hotel...and Grand Boulevard Hotel
located on Bernardo de Irigoyen.

Thanks for the great info everyone provides.

RB1
07-09-02, 19:29
Saint and others, I am traveling to buenos aires the first week in December. I am an american but parents were from argentina so i speak the language fluently. Wanting to know if you or others might be there that week. thanks.

OttoGraham
07-10-02, 16:15
Lois Suites charged me $150 including tax per night. Excellent quality hotel right in the center of Recoleta. Compared to Etoile, it was expensive, but Etoile is somewhat rundown and has horrible beds.

All told I think I would check into a cheaper alternative to Lois Suites, but if you want a clear four-star choice, it is an excellent one.

Jackson said that he really liked the Art Suites, so perhaps that is an alternative.

-Otto

Starfe
07-10-02, 21:56
the designsuites also looked very good. i checked out the hotel last week and thought it was par with loisuites.
also cheaper.
the rooms are more comfortable then appear on their website.

try to book an executive suite for $100 a night. thats what they offered me to move over from the loisuites.

more like an ian shrager hotel.

starfe

the staff at loisuites was like a booking agency for me. if you do not speak spanish they will make all the calls. i lost count of how many appt i had during the day and they kept perfect records.
there are few hotels in the world that offer that particular service.
just tip well, and you will get the results you are looking for. great buffet breakfasts also.

i even let them negotiate some of the ladies for me.

Starfe
07-10-02, 22:49
artsuites was a more basic style apartment. i found the couches to be hard but the beds firm.
great price in a very non-distinct building. no name of hotel on the outside.
i would consider this hotel for stays over 1 week.
best described as furniture you would get from
" rent a room".

not a throw away by any means.

if price is a consideration then arts will do fine.

my second hobby in life is checking out hotels all over the world.

claridge hotel ( $100 us) rooms looked great. very comfortable decor in good shopping area. taxis galore.

all in all stay in the recoleta area for general safety concerns.
everything is in walking distance for a " man about town "

alvear hotel was the best. also girl friendly. this is for the man who has money to burn.( $220 us ) a night. if they met my loisuites rate i was a " in". no such luck.

the only hotel i did not see was the inter-continental.
the location did not give me a rise.

JamesBond69
07-10-02, 22:53
The designsuites also looked very good. i checked out the hotel last week and thought it was par with loisuites. Also cheaper. The rooms are more comfortable then appear on their website.

Try to book an executive suite for $100 a night. thats what they offered me to move over from the loisuites.

More like an ian shrager hotel.

I'm a bit confused here. Are you talking about artsuites (not loisuites), like an ian shrager hotel?

Starfe
07-11-02, 00:11
http://www.designsuites.com/ingle.htm

this one is the modern one.

very south beach

RB1
07-16-02, 01:39
I have read the posts but one question I still have is this..at the Etoile, do the girls have to register to come to your room?

Saint
08-01-02, 19:16
RB1,

Yes, the girls MUST register at the Etoile. It doesn't matter how much the guys like you. I was tipping them every single night and they still required the girl to leave her ID with the front desk and collect it when she left the next day or later that night.

Keep in mind this is done for your protection in case the girl steals something from your room or worse. I saw many, many girls and they all had to register. A few times I tried dodging the guys at the front desk thinking I was home free only to have the "other guy" (there is another older guy that stands around the elevator or sits in this little desk near the elevators). He will make sure the girls register. This was back when I was there in May but my amigo was just there last week and they made him register his chicas also.

One night one of his girls didn't have her ID so she had to go home and get it. Another night a girl didn't have her ID so he went to a short-stay hotel that rents by the hour. Rule of thumb, make sure the girl has her ID when you leave the club with her. It would really suck to pay her exit fee only to have her say she doesn't have her ID with her.

The location of the Etoile is great as I've mentioned countless times but the beds are not ideal. I can't say enough nice things about the staff but I doubt I'll ever stay there again. Too many nice places like Art Suites, Design Suites, etc. But if you don't have any trouble sleeping on any type of bed that you'll be in heaven at Etoile.

Leo
08-02-02, 00:42
hmmm, artsuites vs. designsuites (both equal-enough in price, both same distance from main recoletta action - no?)...

which street is safer to walk (i haven't been since nov-01 - are either safe still?) at night, with girl or after action:

-alvear to get to designsuites, or
-azcuenaga to get to artsuites

thanks!

JustGotBack
08-03-02, 01:17
For those still interested in Etoile. These were the rates I just got today.

The rates are the following:

STANDARD ROOM: $132 + TAX ( 21% )
EXECUTIVE SUITE: $154 + TAX ( 21% )
DIPLOMATIC SUITE: $170 + TAX ( 21% )

Includes American Buffet Breakfast, Spa and parking.
Suites could be triple with an extra charge of $20 pesos + tax. The
rates
are in pesos, per night, per room.

mazen
08-07-02, 09:39
I stayed at The Castelar Hotel at my visit i BA.
www.castelarhotel.com.ar
A very nice hotel and great prices too. I payed 112 pesos/night including tax, good breakfast, spa. With todays exchange rate it equals us$32!!! They were also very chica friendly. Although I gave the deskman 10 pesos each time I brought up a chica, I don't know if I would have had to do that...but he was happy.
I can't understand why you guys pay us$100 for staying at expensive hotels in Recoleta. I mean, you can get a girl "for free" every day, staying at an other good, but less expensive hotel. A cab from downtown to Recoleta is about 5 pesos...
But my guess is, you guys are loaded with dollars.... :-)
Have a nice stay.

rob_roy5
08-07-02, 10:43
Originally posted by mazen
I stayed at The Castelar Hotel at my visit i BA.
www.castelarhotel.com.ar
A very nice hotel and great prices too. I payed 112 pesos/night including tax, good breakfast, spa. They were also very chica friendly. But my guess is, you guys are loaded with dollars.... :-)

Hi Mazen, because I am not one of those "loaded with dollars" I would like to know more details about the Castelar hotel.
I had a look at their website and the place looks OK, very central in downtown.
I checked their price list and they quite 112 Arg $ for a Single and 125 Arg $ for a Junior Suite. I guess from the price you paid you stayed in the single room ... did you see any difference with the Junior Suites. And also Did you ever experience any problem bring "home" some chicas ??? How was the breakfast in the morning ??? What about the beds ... as we all know from this forum in the Etoile the beds are pretty shity ..... And also, is the price you mentione inclusive of VAT (21%) or not ???
Thank you in advance, your contribution is much appreciated !!

Ro
rob_roy5@hotmail.com

Saint
08-07-02, 12:09
Mazen,

Everything is relative in life. Yes, I'm sure some of the guys that read/post to this board are wealthy. (For the record...I'm NOT one of them). I'm sure the Castelar and other more cost effective hotels are ideal for those on a budget.

You ask why some guys would spend up to $100 US per night for a hotel room in Recoleta. It's the same reason why some guys drive BMW's, Mercedes, Porshe's and some drive Ford Festiva's, Yugos, or a pickup truck. Everyone has different tastes and comfort levels. Yes, it might seem downright silly for someone to spend upwards of $80,000 + for a car but that is their comfort zone.

I agree that you can find a great room in/ near Recoleta for less than $100 US a night. You can get a room at Art Suites for $70 (21% tax included) or Design Suites for about $5 - $10 more per night. The Etoile will work for many people. My theory is that If I'm gonna fly 12+ hours to get to B.A. I'm NOT going to stay somewhere that I'm not comfortable in. To me, things like a great bed, good bathroom, comfortable room, great staff, location, restaurants near it, etc. are very important.

If you're a hard core hobbyer then you'll spend much of your time in your bed and your room. Need something that will work for you. That's the great thing about B.A. There is something there for everyone. That I'm sure of! Good luck.

clsncntr
08-07-02, 12:21
The following site quotes ~US$27 for a Castelar room, not sure if it includes the 21% tax:

http://www.buenos-aires-hotels.org/show/7707f483bc113d5451b7501709581969/Castelar/Hotel/&/Spa/info.html

Larry mentioned that the hotel is guest friendly. It is also described by many guidebooks as very good value, with a "splendid sense of history".

Rickster
08-07-02, 19:00
Wow....$26 per night at a 4 star hotel. Unbelievable.

clsncntr .. posted the below addy and it really sums up the hotel situation in BA...at least regarding star level=cost factor.

.http://www.buenos-aires-hotels.org/show/7707f483bc113d5451b7501709581969/Castelar/Hotel/&/Spa/info.html.....$26 per night for a 4 star hotel.

mazen
08-07-02, 21:02
Originally posted by rob_roy5

Hi Mazen, because I am not one of those "loaded with dollars" I would like to know more details about the Castelar hotel.
I had a look at their website and the place looks OK, very central in downtown.
I checked their price list and they quite 112 Arg $ for a Single and 125 Arg $ for a Junior Suite. I guess from the price you paid you stayed in the single room ... did you see any difference with the Junior Suites. And also Did you ever experience any problem bring "home" some chicas ??? How was the breakfast in the morning ??? What about the beds ... as we all know from this forum in the Etoile the beds are pretty shity ..... And also, is the price you mentione inclusive of VAT (21%) or not ???
Thank you in advance, your contribution is much appreciated !!

Ro
rob_roy5@hotmail.com
The place is great. Yes, I stayed in a single room, so I cant tell you the difference with the Junior Suites. There were NEVER any problems bringing home "chicas". The breakfast was exactly as good as you can expect in a good hotel. The beds were also good, and yes, prices mentioned include VAT. I think I answered all your questions. If you want to know anything else, just ask.

Rickster
08-07-02, 23:15
How far is Castelar Hotel from recolata ?

I'm curious what Saint, LA Larry and our other online BA experts think of this deal.

mazen
08-08-02, 07:16
It's about 10-15 minutes with a cab. Cost is about 5 pesos.

clsncntr
08-08-02, 11:18
Rickster,
Hotels' star rating system can be very deceiving. But even if it is a 3-star hotel, Castelar sounds like a good value. Besides, I prefer a hotel with some (historical or local) character over a modern generic one.

One guidebook comments that the "interior rooms have limited light", and suggests "chose one of the 44 rooms facing the Aveneda [de Mayo]". Maybe that is the difference between the standard rooms and the junior suites.

I bet the locals like Andre and Mariscal can recommend other good value lodgings.

Leo
08-08-02, 13:51
re: castelar hotel, since you ask

i've been to b.a. twice before, once on business when i stayed on av florida (same area as castelar - centro), and then for fun when i stayed in recoleta.

i would not stay at the castelar, unless saving $10-20 per night is that important. just me, but i'd rather stay in recoleta.

you can get a room at a nice enough place for about the same money and be _walking distance_ from recoleta, or be on the square (eg. etoile hotel - where i've stayed).

yes cabs are cheap, but i like to be able to step out for a quick walk (get a water, snack, do the internet, grab a coffee, stop at the drug store, etc) and be in the scene.

av florida and centro is a very tourist area. i'd compare it to union square in sf, or say the 50s in manhattan. yes, nice hotels, but the locas don't live in the area. i prefer to stay in say the marina or pac heights in sf, or say soho or noho in nyc.

imho of course...

BA Punter
08-08-02, 14:51
I was just at the Castelar. Itīs a good hotel. Not really 4 star IMHO. I moved to Etoile today. The way I see it, Castelar is about $10 cheaper, but itīs worth it to stay at the Etoile. The rooms in Etoile are about twice as big, they are nicer, love the fridge for after activity drinks and the neighborhood is much better. Also, I just donīt know how to describe it, but the vibe I get from the Etoile staff when I bring a girl back is more laid backed. I got this disapproving feel from the Castelar staff. I think itīs much more common in the Etoile than the Castelar. Castelar is more of a legit, family tourist place. I also heard from some of the PlayWoman girls, that some of their dates have had things stolen out of their rooms at Castelar. They charge 10 pesos to have a guest, the Etoile doesnīt. Also, the convenience factor at Etoile is priceless. Yes, Castelar is only a few minutes away by cab, but itīs just not the same.

If I were just traveling for traveling sake, I would stay at the Castelar. It has more local charm. But if youīre on this forum, stay at Etoile and be in the heart of things.

Saint
08-09-02, 00:43
Trust me. Nothing can compare to staying in or close to Recoleta. Yes, taxis can take you anywhere but as several mentioned... there is nothing like walking out of your hotel and being in the heart of the action.

Also, if you are saying Etoile's rooms are nicer than Castelar than Castelar must be a 2 star hotel. Etoile is no more than a 3 star hotel at best. You all know where I stand on the beds there. Although after reading some of your posts maybe some of the beds are newer than others. Or maybe some of you are the type that could sleep in your cars. I do know the pillows suck. My buddy also agreed about pillows.

If saving $10 - $20 per night is a "deal breaker" for you than you probably shouldn't be going to BA in the first place. I'm not saying to waste money....just my opinion. Every dollar does add up, so don't mistake my message.

Have fun.

Rickster
08-09-02, 02:02
Gentlemen,

Thank you all for your succinct and interesting appraisals and comparisons of the Castelar with other hotels.

I now have my trip narrowed down to BA.

Now I need to narrow my hotel down to one. It's a toosup between Artsuites, Designsuites and Etoile.

Rickster

ps: I joined WSA for just one month several days ago....I believe this site is better....and free to boot. I'm not trashing WSA....it just doesn't seem to be as active and personally.... I have a more difficult time getting around it's site through it's interface. I don't think the interface is as user friendly.

mazen
08-09-02, 07:44
Rickster,

My suggestion is that you book one or two nights at a hotel. If you feel comfortable, then stay longer. If not, just move on to an other hotel. There are hundreds of hotels i BA, and loads of them i Recoleta too. As the economic situation is i BA, there are ALWAYS rooms available at any hotel. You don't need to pre-book anything. Good luck!

OttoGraham
08-09-02, 11:16
I don't know if I can emphasize this enough, but with this continued talk about the Etoile Hotel, Uncle Otto feels constrained to say: THE BEDS SUCK! FIND ANOTHER HOTEL!

Yes, the staff is "chica friendly" and all that, and the rates are low. But in an earlier life Tio Otto used to sleep soundly inside the back of a charging M-113 Armored Personnel Carrier, and he even occasionally caught 20 winks while marching in a column with his battalion.

At Etoile, he woke up every morning with a backache!

-Tio Otto de Buenos Aires

Leo
08-09-02, 13:39
i will be in b.a. at the end of the month, and like you i narrowed my hotel choice to those three: art, design, etoile.

design was quickly eliminated as it's not in recoleta, just as far away (more) as the castelar.

now, unlike otto, i never even noticed the beds being less than fine on my last stay at etoile. so that wasn't a factor for me (i like a hard bed). maybe all rooms are not the same, or maybe i just didn't notice...

still, this trip i am giving artsuites a chance. the rooms will clearly be nicer (more of a suite with livingroom). same price, maybe slightly more. location is not quite as perfect, art is 4.5 blks from the recoleta "plaza", and then about 90 degrees from the most active corner of the plaza, but this is not a bad walk (pending weather) with various 1st floor retail places along the way.

summary - i just went through the same choices you did - pick etoile or art and you'll be happy.

BA Punter
08-09-02, 16:43
While the beds at Etoile arenīt the best in the world, they donīt bother me at all. The pillows on the otherhand, do suck. I usually dig through all 4 in the room before I find an OK one.

As for the messy showers, it all depends on the room. In some rooms, thereīs no sign of water on the floor. In others, like the one Iīm in now, I have to mop up afterwards with the bath mat. Luckily the maids do come around twice a day, so that wet mat dissappears quickly.

clsncntr
08-10-02, 12:05
bapunta, Thanks for the comment on the attitudes of the staffs at Castelar vs Etoile regarding guests. An important consideration for those less than thick skinned. Also not mentioned in the guidebooks, lol.

JamesBond69
08-10-02, 12:25
I'm not sure when I will going down to BA - probably sooner than later - and may stay as long as a month, maybe even more.

I'm seriously considering an apartment rental in Recoleta.

Check out this three bedroom (four if you include the servants room) three bathrooms, a luxury apartment in Recoleta next to the Caesar Hotel for $100/day plus tax.

It has a terrace, large living room, kitchen, parking garage, etc.

http://www.parera156.com/

And I'm sure it couldn't be more chica friendly.

Makes one reconsider the hotel option:-)

Toosh
08-10-02, 14:43
Jamesbond69,

Nice looking apartment but I think they are asking too much. Times are desparate for many down there now which puts you in the driver's seat. Check with Mayra at argentinago.com and reference the apartments at parera156. Email me at tooshman@hotmail.com.

Toosh

jordanf
09-11-02, 12:52
Hotel Republica???

$27 per night- including tax
4 Stars?

Anyone know about this place???

Saint
09-11-02, 16:28
Take the "5 star" system in Buenos Aires with a grain of salt. Or actually disreguard it. The Etoile hotel told me they were considered 5 star and they are 3 star at best. You also have to be realistic. It's VERY doubtful you'll find a 4 star quality hotel for $27 US per night. Even with all their economic/social problems you will be hard pressed to spend that little for a high calibre room.

Good luck though.

jordanf
09-11-02, 16:34
NH Hotels...
friendly to guests?

anyone have any thoughts?

kyck_stand
09-11-02, 20:25
Hi, Everyone.

Back in the U.S. and not very happy about it. I noticed that no one posted about the Loi Suites Arenales so here's my input:

I booked it through Mayra. Decent location. About 5 minute cab ride from Recoleta area. Free access to internet. They have one of their rooms set aside as the guest business office. One computer, printer, etc. Very nice if no one else is using. They will also let you use their own computers as backup. Very nice staff.

Room/apt. was kinda small compared to the Etoile but it suited my needs. $56 USD a night tax. included. Busy section of town so if you don't like noise, it may not be the place for you.

Chica friendly. One day, I think I came in 3 seperate times with 3 different girls. If it's early enough (7pm), and the girl is dressed decently, she doesn't have to register. I encountered no problems whatsoever.

Kick Stand

ezy
09-13-02, 07:59
I have stayed in 3 hotels in Buenos Aires, listed here in order of preference: Art Suites, Holiday Inn Express, and Claridge.

Art Suites. I have stayed here twice, once in late November of last year (3 weeks), and for 10 days in August, 2002. The current rate is $55 for stays of 10 days, if you pay in cash. With tax, $66.45 per day. You will need to book direct for this rate. www.artsuites.com.ar

My first time in this hotel, they moved me to a two-bedroom suite because I was with them for three weeks. Two bedroom suites are more than double the size of one bedroom suites...nicer living area, kitchen, views, etc....

The one bedroom suites are located in the rear. I was dissatisfied with the first suite they assigned me, so they moved me to the top floor (9). Much nicer, but still kind of small for a one bedroom.

The apartments are almost new, with plastic/hardwood floors...great beds....clean bathroom...friendly staff...free use of internet in the office. Never a problem with chicas, although I have read in posts here and on another site that this policy may change as the place has been overrun with mongers. This is basically a small, family run aparthotel...

On the downside, breakfast is very small...no cell phone rental...

Location is a blessing or a curse, depending upon your perspective. I like the neighborhood feel of being in a residential area. I can get out and explore....I like meeting people as they go about their dailey routine...in grocery stores, sitting on bench in one of the plazas, etc....But if you want to be in the center of the action, try the Etoile in the heart of Recoleta.....If Etoile is the heart, Art Suites would be the knee cap of Recoleta, 4-5 blocks away from Solid Gold and PlayWomen....

Holiday Inn Express, Puerto Madero. A downtown hotel, at the corner of Cordoba/Alem....about two or three blocks from Cutty Sark or Cafe Orleans. Nice, almost new hotel, king size beds, free breakfast and local calls. Free internet. Rate: $66USD, plus tax. Listed on some sites as a 2 star hotel, on others as a 4 star....
There is no restaurant on premises, but they have a deal with several area restaurants to provide room-delivery at a discount....this is an improvement over a typical holiday Inn restaurant..I ordered some wonderful meals from an Italian restaurant in Puerto Madero for very reasonable prices. Very chica friendly....Girls do not need to register, but will be required to leave id at the front desk...

downside...no frig in the room...rooms tend to be small....

Claridge. Downtown, 1/2block from Florida ped. mall....hmmm....what to say about Claridge......Great facade, clearly 5 star.....don't be misled....my room was 3 star at best...smallish, in need of a change of carpet....room service food not very good....breakfast buffet adequate, but not 5 star quality....Still, I got a great rate from buenosaires.com (50USD per night, tax included), staff were very friendly, no problem with chicas, and they provide cell phones for a very reasonable rate.

I have read other posts about the Castelar....Another historic hotel that my favorita says is chica friendly and which is closer to the action is Lancaster, on the corner of Reconquista and Cordoba.....Rates about the same as Castelar, maybe two or three dollars per night more expensive....

Saint
09-13-02, 12:12
Ezy,

Welcome to the board! Guys....you're lucky to have someone like Ezy on this board. He is actually one of the guys that got me interested in BA in the first place. I'm a rookie and he is the master when it comes to BA.

Ezy went to BA before the devaluation of the peso so he can tell you first hand how lucky we all are. These wonderful chicas were probably a value even before the devaluation but now they are a steal! Also, you'll go for the girls but you'll fall in love with the city.

Leo
09-14-02, 19:56
just back from b.a.

stayed 3 nights at the art suites. i loved the place. staff was so damn friendly!! the rooms are very nice, new. the beds are awesome. and totally girl friendly (for now)!! channel 98 on the tv is the camera in the lobby, so you can see your guest before they come up. this came in handy when one internet girl i hosted brought her friend. i didn't know until my girl was already in my apt, and she says 'my friend is in the lobby, want 2?' i looked on the tv to make my choice, and then we called the lobby.

from 7a-7p there is no one in the lobby, so it's totally like an apt scene (vs. a hotel scene).

totally in a residencial area, as i too like to walk about and talk to locals, drop into local stores, etc. there's a great coto grocery (hypermarket actually) 1.5 blks down french st (going left from hotel).

IF ANYONE LEARNS OF A GIRL-FRIENDLY POLICY CHANGE FOR ART SUITES LET'S SEE A POST PLEASE!

as this is certainly my 1st choice for hotel in b.a.

JamesBond69
09-14-02, 21:52
>ART SUITEES IS) totally in a residencial area, as i too like to walk about and talk to locals, drop into local stores, etc. there's a great coto grocery (hypermarket actually) 1.5 blks down french st (going left from hotel).

I guess the big debate re: reasonablty priced hotels in Recoleta
comes down to the Etoile and Art Suites.

From reading the posts the price seems more or less the same at booth ....around $60 USD including tax, right?

Art Suites has better bedsl, a more personal "family" staff and better design but Etoile is located in hobby central - playwoman, blacks, etc and has a fitness center (swimming pool?).

How 'bout internet access in your HOTEL ROOM.

Art Suites claims a DSL connection. Can you get internet in my room at Etoile?

This is a deal breaker for me in deciding on what hotel to stay, as I need to be able to work on the net while I am away.

jordanf
09-16-02, 13:38
Design suites---

Girl friendly?

How is the location compare to art suites and etoile?

gracias

JamesBond69
09-16-02, 14:22
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jordanf
[i]Design suites---

Girl friendly?

How is the location compare to art suites and etoile?
-------------------
Let's focus this discussion on the hotels

Art Suites
Design Suites
Etoile

What are the rates on the respective hotels mentioned above?
What is the internet access in the rooms? DSL, Dial-up?
Girl Friendly?
Location?

Leo
09-16-02, 16:04
guys, go back and read previous pages here, before asking questions...

my research (in jul/aug) for my trip (in aug) revealed the following (may need updating):

etoile
i've stayed here before, i like it (so i'm providing
1st hand knowledge
best location for a hobbiest, dead center in action
rooms about us$30-40/night, suites slightly more
girl friendly but requires registration
maybe only 1 girl at a time? don't personally know
many here complain about uncomfortable beds - i didn't
have an issue with mine
friendly staff
can't comment re: internet access

art suites
chose them for aug/sep trip, loved the place
very friendly, totally girlfriend friendly, but rumor is this
is about to change - monitor updates here!
rooms are new and awesome
free internet in office, if you bring a computer they have
tech to provide high speed access in room
only 5 blks from vte. lopez, the street at the south border
of the cemetary - so while not dead center, it's location
is ideal if you like being a few blks from the seedy stuff,
and in the center of a truely residential area
about $60/night for a 2 rm apt

design suites
i haven't been here
read here that it's only 9 blks away from art suites, which
puts it near corrientes or santa fe, which are local shopping
and theatre areas, and only a taxi away
about same price at art, maybe $70/night?

all these places have web sites, check it out.
read here that rooms are nicer than either art or etoile

Saint
09-16-02, 16:29
Leo is pretty much on the money. Since I've been to all three I'll try to accurately compare the three. There are lots of options in BA besides these three so don't feel like you have to get locked into just these.

One thing I'll point out is to always be discreet. Or as discreet as you can be. Whether these apartments/hotels like it or not, it's a fact that a bunch of guys are going to Buenos Aires and by coincidence we are spending quality time with some of their beautiful women.

Etoile: As everyone has pointed out, the location doesn't get much better. Excellent staff, DIPLOMATIC suites are ok but the Executive room i was in had the worst decor. My wallpaper was this almost florescent jibberish that gave me a headache to look at. I have photos so maybe I'll post a link to them so you can see what I mean. The rates are good here but there have been serious issues with some of the beds. I know several guys that couldn't sleep in those beds. (Me included). As far as phone system there is no voicemail and I didn't see any internet connection and would say 99.9% chance there is none.

Art Suites: Very, very nice. I loved my room. The staff was good (what little I dealt with them). I only talked to them when I checked in, checked out. I only checked email once from their room. Internet connections are available. I did hear from my travel agent they do NOT want hobbyist staying in their hotel. They went as far as saying that they were going to soon change the policy to only allow registered guests to come up to the rooms. I emailed them over a week ago telling them I had a great stay and were impressed with everything. My travel agent also did the same thing. They ignored both emails. They never emailed me back. I asked point blank if they were going to change their guest policy or what it even was.

In my opinion, I think they are ignoring emails asking about this because they are not sure what they are going to do. On one hand they are getting all this business (mostly Cash) from us nice Americans. On the other hand they want a family environment. I would estimate 50% of their business right now is us dudes. That's a lot of business to pass up. But they are doing a huge disservice to themselves and their customers by not addressing the question at hand. I believe sooner or later they will have to answer the question about what their official guest policy is. For now, I'm not booking there and I would seriously reconsider staying in a place where they have let it be known they don't like how/when/who you spend your free time with.
JMHO.

Design Suites: I took a look at the rooms here. Great place. Granted it's not in Recoleta but technically...either is Art Suites. It's about a 9 block walk to Art Suites. Probably closer to the main Recoleta restaurants. I walked it just to see how far it is but I'd always just jump in a taxi.

This is more like a hotel. There is a front desk, people at the front desk, guys to take up your bags, a small restaurant on the way up where you can order food. The rooms are smaller here than at Art Suites. The smaller rooms just have one room with the bed and a chair. The bigger rooms are much more spacious but I wouldn't need two rooms. It is very contemporary and warmer than the websites would make it appear. I liked this place and I'm looking forward to staying here. I haven't heard of any guys having problems with their "guests".

Guys, I will tell all of you to use your common sense. Don't act like the "ugly American". Be friendly and courteous with everyone. Don't be a tightwad. I always tipped the guys at the Etoile when girls sign in. It's not necessary to always do it but it will make them feel better. After all, look at it from their perspective. They are working hard and making almost nothing. You come to their country and get to be with their women. Be friendly with them. Give them a few bucks here and there. When I checked out at the Etoile at the end of my stay I also gave the 3 guys standing around a 100 peso note tip. I also tipped the doormen at night at Art Suites too and they were always friendly with me.

It's especially good if you plan on going back to Buenos Aires. These people will remember you and remember you're a nice guy. But be a nice guy just for the sake of being a nice guy.......

I'm out...

Saint

Yabba
09-17-02, 17:26
saint, perhaps it pays to re-submit your request on the guest policy at Art Suites by addressing the letter to both managers...Lucia the Mom and Lupa the daughter. The personal touch always helps and we need this place because as you know we were free to roam there no questions asked...yabba

Saint
09-17-02, 18:08
Yabba,

I did that. Coincidentally, less than 12 hours after posting my post I get an email back from them. (I wonder if they check out the board...LOL). Here is what they wrote:

"Dear "Saint",

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Art Suites. We are sorry for the delay in responding you, it has been a very busy few weeks.

With regards to our Guest Policy, we would like you to know that it has not changed. We are a small hotel with long-term guests who consider it their "home" in Buenos Aires. Our guests value their privacy and security in a very discrete setting. Based on past experience, we find that it is difficult to keep track of guests when they bring too many unannounced visitors.

If you have any further inquiries with regards to this policy, please feel free to let us know. We hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards"

I guess their official stance is that their leaving their policy the same for now. But then they do state in it they find it difficult to keep track of guests when they bring in too many 'unannounced visitors' (i.e. chicas). If you read between the lines I think you can see she is basically saying that they are keeping their policy the same but they dont' really want to.

Like I guessed before, this is just simply too much business to pass up at a time when the economy is struggling. Kudos to them for keeping it the same. I would just ask all of you to be discreet as possible so they don't change the policy. I originally booked Design Suites for December trip but I might stay here again. I'll see how Design Suites is in November.

Good luck all.

JamesBond69
09-17-02, 21:11
Originally posted by saint
[i]Yabba,

(I wonder if they [Art Suites proprietor]check out the board...LOL).

What I wonder is whether any of our female "friends" read this board:-)
That's a funny idea indeed!!!

I'm sure that they do, as well as the club owners. That's why I'm going to start a private, invitation-only forum for BA regulars. That will allow us to post high quality info that will only be seen by a few dozen carefully selected individuals who all are all strong posters themselves. Look for a notice sometime in the middle of October.

Jackson

Saint
09-18-02, 00:07
OK.. I just got off the an hour long phone call with my travel agent in Buenos Aires. It turns out she met with one of the owners of Art Suites today. I guess during the meeting the owner points out that she got a nice email from me and they were getting ready to answer it today. (surprise, surprise).

Then the owner says how they were going to back track on the policy. I really think they are feeling the pinch of what they were doing. Good or bad this and other boards really influence where guys go, where they stay and who they see.

The owner goes on to tell Mayri how some guys are slobs, indiscreet and just plain rude. Guys use your heads when staying at ANY hotel or apartment. She was telling her about guys that were using their computer in their lobby and looking at sites like Platynum, Area-Vip, etc. She said that sometimes they would do this in front of her or other female workers of the hotel. She said that one time a female guest of the hotel came in and saw the guy looking at this site. Guys use your heads!! Would you look at this site in front of your wife, mother or daughter. Have some respect. There are plenty of internet cafes in the area. Don't use their private computer for this stuff. Also, she said some dudes were coming in to use the computer barefoot.

She asked my travel agent to go ahead and start booking but did ask not to book too many guys at once. Keep in mind that places like Art Suites are smaller. They only have something like 40 rooms. Can you imagine if 10+ of those 40 guys are hobbyist?

The owner called Mayri after getting my email asking for all my travel information and days I'm gonna be in Buenos Aires. Before I switch I want to see if the policy changes yet again.

Jackson, nothing for nothing (and I could be totally wrong) but it may be a good idea to remove the links to some of those hotels from the links section. I could be wrong. Also, I think you guys need to start exploring other options. If we always all stay at the same 3 hotels/apartments it could cause problems like this in the future. Lots of choices in Buenos Aires. The problem with the general active hobbyist is that he is by nature gonna stay at a place where it is chica friendly. So once one is known...everyone and their brother stays there. I plan on mixing it up whenever I can.

I do think that the odds of chicas reading this board are slim. Most of these girls can't speak any English let alone read it. Most people in Argentina can't speak/understand ANY English. I do think a private invitee section may be beneficial for the guys going down to BA often. Fortunately/unfortunately depending on how you look at it....most of the guys reading this board will never make it down there. They live their hobby lives vicariously through WSG. I'm not saying that's wrong.....

P.S. She also told Mayri that she hasn't had problems with any of the guests that she has booked for so that made me feel good. All the guys I've met have been gentlemen.

ezy
09-18-02, 01:19
Saint: I think you are right about guys not wanting hassles. So when one guy says " I stayed in X hotel and had no problems," the next 57 guys going to BA stay in the same place. You are also right that it is good to try different places rather than overwhelming the few places mentioned on this or other sites. The fact is, the majority of hotels in BA are chica friendly.

I have spoken several times with Adriana, Webmistress for escorts-argentina, Platynum, etc. about this subject...She has told me emphatically that almost all BA hotels are chica friendly IF you register for a double rather than a single rate....

RE: Art Suites and the problems you identify. This is not a hotel for everyone.....some guys need a hotel that allows you to walk into the office area bare footed, plop down in front of a computer screen that can easily be seen by other guests and hotel emloyees and log into Platynum or other more graphic sites...please, if you are this kind of guy....stay elsewhere....

This is a great hotel for a guy with some degree of class...a guy who can be discrete.....this is not meant to criticize those who believe that since they are paying customers they don't need to be discrete....there's a hotel for you too....but it aint Art Suites....

The first time I stayed there I met members of a wedding party in town for the marriage of a relative, a couple from Ecuador who traveled regularly to Argentina to watch the opera and who owned property in Miami, an architect, etc....in short, upper middle class family oriented sophisticated people who enjoyed the idea of staying in a small botique hotel with personal attention and service....guys with bare feet and bimbos on both arms trapsing through the office don't do much for this image....

Well said, Ezy! I've stayed at Art Suites three times in the past year, including a week in the first part of July. I like the quiet neighborhood, the newness of the building, the room sizes, and the modern design. While I've never revealed my position as the owner of the WSG, I've spoken several times with the ladies who run the place, and it doesn't take a PHD to figure out quickly that discression in one's monger activities is appropriate here. I suspect that guests who carry themselves as gentlemen will always be welcome.

Jackson

whoremonger 1
09-18-02, 05:19
Hi!

Does anyone have expirience with Cecy (http://www.escorts-argentina.com/EscortsArgentina/Girl49.htm) ?
Is it worth inviting an escort from the above agency for a weekly trip abroad? Is the agebcy trustworthy?

Please drop me some infos.

CityDude
09-18-02, 07:29
Saint & Ezy, You are right about slobs. Last year, I and a chica went to see a Tango show, and the van that picked us up, also picked up a large group from Art Suites, they were extended family from Barcelona staying in AS because of the convenience. of the apt. vs hotel :)

JamesBond69
09-18-02, 12:26
Anyone stay or have experiences re:
MELIA CONFORT BS AS
http://www.buenosaires.com/hoteles/estrellas4/MeliaConfort/index.htm

Dirección / Address
Reconquista 945
(ABS1003) Capital Federal
Buenos Aires – Argentina
Tel.:(54-11) 4891-3800

It's modern, downtown, seems like a REAL four star with gym, internet, restaurant, business center, etc. It's part of the Melia Hotels, a worldwide upscale hotel chain.

It is advertising 97 pesos a night - about $25.00

JamesBond69
09-18-02, 12:43
re: previous post about MELIA CONFORT

I should add that the 97 pesos rate (includes taxes) is ONLY for Argentines (see below in Spanish). The non argentine rate is $50 USD (includes taxes) or about the double.

Seems like with an offer for CASH US dollars there is an opportunity to negotiate to near the Argentine rate.

Again any info on this hotel, particularly in regard to chica friendly would be appreciated.

http://www.buenosaires.com/promociones/promociones.html?action=ampliar&record_id=200&from=&importe=200

MELIA CONFORT (Hotel 4 Estrellas / NOCHES) VER FICHA
PROMOCION: Noche de Bodas Melia Confort Buenos Aires
INCLUYE:
Programa Noche de Bodas / Aniversario
Habitacion Standard (40m2) Precio por habitacion base doble, por noche. Incluye Early check in a partir de 10hs, Botella Champagne y Petit Fours,Ramo de Flores, Velitas aromaticas, desayuno buffet en el restaurant o en la habitacion sin cargo adicional, Cochera, Late check out 20hs.
PUBLICADO:: 19/03/2002
VIGENCIA: DESDE: 19/03/2002 HASTA 31/12/2002

TARIFA POR PERSONA: pesos
$ 97.40 (INCLUYE IMPUESTOS)
* ALGUNOS ESTABLECIMIENTOS TIENEN TARIFAS EN PESOS EXCLUSIVA PARA ARGENTINOS.
RECOMENDAMOS CONSULTAR MEDIANTE EL FORMULARIO

ezy
09-18-02, 13:46
re: Buenos Aires.com promociones...

Also note that the promotion is good for honeymooners (noche de bodas)...

and you might want to check with the hotel to see if the price is per room or as the promo says por persona ( in which case the rate would be double).

ezy
09-18-02, 17:17
some of the best hotel deals going for BA can be found on this site:

http://www.travelbuzz.net

just click on hotels, choose Buenos Aires and plug in your dates....prices are quoted in dollars and INCLUDE tax (21%)

Be sure and choose the one bed/2 person option if you plan to have guests.

Be careful though...once-in-awhile there are lower prices on other sites..

Water Rat
09-18-02, 21:41
I agree about discretion. We a fickle lot. We want to use the hotel as a pleasent place to rest and even to prepare for business meetings. Then we want the flexibility to invite our lady friends. We do not want to stay in a Rio termas a few hours ok but not a week!

I have booked into Art Suites for next week and will post a report to let you know how it went.

As for other hotels, in March I stayed at the Plaza Marriott. I was in transit for one night and had not intended to ... but this adorable chica at Cutty Sark cought my attention and one thing led to another. We came back to the hotel at about 1:30 the lobby was empty and the desk clerk was very professional. Much better than some hotels in Rio. No extra charges. An incredible night - I almost missed my plane the next day!

troubadours
09-18-02, 22:46
Saint, you wrote :
"Jackson, nothing for nothing (and I could be totally wrong) but it may be a good idea to remove the links to some of those hotels from the links section. I could be wrong. Also, I think you guys need to start exploring other options. If we always all stay at the same 3 hotels/apartments it could cause problems like this in the future. Lots of choices in Buenos Aires. The problem with the general active hobbyist is that he is by nature gonna stay at a place where it is chica friendly. So once one is known...everyone and their brother stays there. I plan on mixing it up whenever I can. "

I am not a very active member (mostly reads to know where to go while I am there or there, thanks to active members like you) even if I wrote a quite complete review about Paris, with another username (can't remember), once.

What's very relative is that I doubt that the kind reading the WSG, walking barefoot to watch platynum in a lobby will change his way of thinking reading those posts (or human nature has changed !).
The second thing is the "reason to be" of the "Buenos Aires Hotels Forum" might be not reasonable (If there are strong reasons -and I personally do believe they are strong- for not talking about Buenos Aires Hotels in the forum with the same name, well ... there's a problem !).

Thanks Jackson for the great work.

Saint
09-18-02, 22:54
troubadours,

I think you misunderstood me. I never said we shouldn't talk about hotels in this section. I only meant that in the "links" section there are only like 3 hotels listed in that section. I could be wrong but I'm guessing many guys are automatically just booking at the hotels listed. This causes a tremendously high number of bookings at some of these places with hobbyist. As much as I'd like to believe that all of you out there are distinguished gentlemen.....it simply isn't the case. It's a numbers game just like everything else in life. I'm sure a percentage of the slobs are the ones reading this board too.

Some of you don't realize just how many people read this board. I'm not just talking Americans. I'm talking about guys all over the world. I have made friends with guys from all over the world from this board. I'm not sure how many hits this board gets but I'm guessing a TON.

ezy
09-18-02, 23:22
Water Rat...I spoke with Annette from Art Suites today for about 30 minutes. You should have no problem there, especially if you behave yourself...until you get to the room (wink)....

.....Girls from BA do have an effect on men.....

troubadours
09-19-02, 08:37
Dear Saint,

I do not know if I misunderstood you but the fact is that I agreed with what I understood ! (lol).
I believe too that many non americans read this board (btw I am french !).

Well, in order to provide new places to go (I have not been there), check out this strange hotel :
www.boquitas-pintadas.com.ar
it's a "pop" hotel (quite "glamour") with a "diana room" a "gilda room" a "chamber of roses" (even a "psychedelic room" ?!).
I do not know if this is the perfect place to practice our hobby but if some of you are looking for something different, this might be the place. I have heard it is owned by a German or a British guy.

ezy
09-19-02, 09:13
troubadours...lol....did you read the guestbook? One guy wrote that it was great to stay in a place where not one thing was normal....sounds like our kind of place....a little removed from epicenters of mongerdom....but it might be worth a few exta pesos and 10 or so extra minutes in taxis just to stay in an exotic hotel like this....kinda like something you might associate with late60's San Franciso.....

EZE_Amante
09-28-02, 12:43
I'll be staying at the Ulises in Recoleta during my November trip, anyone ever stayed there or have information? I'm especially interested in the penthouse suite(already reserved). Thanks in advance.

EZE :)

OttoGraham
09-29-02, 17:51
Send an email to Jackson - I know he's stayed at the Ulises on at least one of his trips. When we talked about it he was complimentary of the place, but I cannot remember anything more specific than that.

-Otto

Slick1
09-29-02, 19:53
I stayed at the Ulises over labor day. I also reserved the penthouse apt. Great location as it is right across the steet from the Alvear and caddycorner to club Black. While the furniture was a little old, the penthouse setup was great. The girls especially enjoyed hanging in the living room and raiding the bar. 5 nights of raiding the minibar of its champagne, vino tinto and agua really only tacked about 30 dolars on to my bill. Up a short flight of stairs are 2 bathrooms and a small but nice bedroom w/ a queen size bed. No problems with the bed although it was a little noisy from the old elevator system shaft that sounded like it was right behind the headboard.. There were no adjoining rooms to the penthouse so I was never concerned about making too much noise i.e having a Brazilian girl spend the night. The elevator was a great way to get close up with your ladies since it barely held 2 people. The best part was the mgmt. as they did not hassle the ladies one bit and the manager actually told me of the clubs in town to hit. Email Walter and he will take care of you. I already knew from this board but played dumb anyway. While they did drop the price of the penthouse per my request I could not get them lower than 154US with the vat included. I know I overpaid but thats my problem. Never made it to the free breakfast but from what I saw it did not appear to be much more than fruit and some pastry. I will be returning to BA Nov 20 and am seriously considering the Ulises. It was important that they never once asked a girl for Id and would politely call up to my room when a girl would arrive. Hope I answered some of your questions.

EZE_Amante
10-01-02, 08:02
Slick,

Thank you for the info. My rate for late November was $90US +VAT. I couldn't get them to quote in pesos, but this is considerably better than their advertised rate. Try contacting Veronica for your reservation.

Thanks again,

Slick1
10-02-02, 22:34
EZE

Did you get the $90 rate on the penthouse? Obviously your bargaining skills are more refined than mine, although I can't quite say that I try real hard. $90 is what they quote me on the duplex. I'll overpay but at least I know I won't get hassled. I just rebooked for the Ulises on 11/20. I know I can get a lot cheaper but it is a proven commodity in a great location.

EZE_Amante
10-03-02, 01:16
Yep, the $90 rate is for the penthouse. I'll be there starting 11/28, if you're still in town, lets get together for dinner and an evening of mongering. Actually, I didn't really have to barter too much, I just made it clear that there were other places I was also interested in, and it was amazing how quickly they responded and how accomodating they were.

EZE

Slick1
10-03-02, 08:17
EZE

Thanks for the invite, unfortunately I'll be leaving on the 25th. Enjoy your stay. I think you will enjoy the penthouse setup. Although not real fancy by most standards the girls all seemed real impressed. It has some nice touchs ,like the stereo system,TV mounted over the bed and full size bar. Great place to throw a little party with about 2-3 of your new found women freinds. Enjoy!

Havanaman
10-22-02, 16:57
Gentlemen,

Having looked at the previous posts about apartments I'm getting mixed messages. Does anyone have a definitive answer: hotel or apartment?

I've seen (pics on the net) what looks like a good place in the Recoleta area, its u$s 25 per day. I emailed them about security, privacy and guests, and got a nice reply saying that as long as I paid in advance the place belonged to me and I could do what I liked in it as long as it did not disturb anyone else (sound fair to me). They even offered a taxi service from and to the airport as part of the deal.

I have noted that the majority of people are staying in hotels and are forever wondering about "chica friendliness": Am I missing something?

Your suggestions and comments appreciated.

Regards, Havanaman

JamesBond69
10-22-02, 17:05
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Havanaman
[i]Gentlemen,

Having looked at the previous posts about apartments I'm getting mixed messages. Does anyone have a definitive answer: hotel or apartment?

I wouldn't rent a BA apartment in advance until I was already on the ground and had a look at it.

The best bet is to rent a hotel for a night or two in Recoleta -I'm staying the first night at the Etoile for around $50 - then have a look around. I think you probably can get good deals when you are right there, cash in hand, particularly if business is slow.

Havanaman
10-22-02, 20:46
jamesbond69,

Good advice. Thank you. I get a gut feeling that there is a lot of potential in the apartment scene from a "freedom of movement" point of view. But your advice for a BA firsttimer like me is very sound.

Regards, Havanaman

Leo
10-22-02, 22:43
re: hotel vs. apartment

it's just mho, but i think the artsuites is the best of both worlds - an apratment setting in a residencial area within walking/taxi distance of the action, and the freedom of come and go as many guests as you want without worry (be descrete of course), with many of the amenities of a hotel - maid service, continental breakfast delivered to the room included, reception for room guests (if not the public) with an internet terminal, low cost phones, etc. now, there's no room service or pool, but i can do without that.

now the artsuites has a price about the same as the etoile, so it's not 'cheap' as an apartment, but if you're only going for 5 days vs. 2 weeks, it's my favorite.

Saint
10-22-02, 23:07
I agree with Leo. Art Suites is great if you're staying a week or less. All things considered it's still not expensive. I just spent $200 US per night (with taxes included) on a nice luxury apartment in Mexico. $200 US will buy quite a few nights in BA.

I am in the negotiating stages of leasing an apartment in Recoleta for $300 US per month. She wants me to pay the entire year up front in US dollars. Not sure yet as I have to see pictures of the apartment. I only got a map of the location. Yeah, $3600 US is a lot but if you're going down 4+ times a year those hotels and apartment hotels add up.

I'll keep everyone posted how it goes.

Havanaman
10-23-02, 08:53
Saint, leo, jamesbond69, Gentlemen

Good advice all round, thank you all. I bow to experience, you sold me. I'm going to go for Art Suites in the first instance.

As this is my first trip to BA, it has all the excitement of a true adventure. The recent posts from leo, EZE_amante, and Oldguy have really lit the furnace in me. I find I'm counting the days… I'm going to use this trip to not only get max enjoyment, but also to reconnoitre for another trip in July.

Being single I come and go as I please. My dates are 13 Dec. to 23 Dec. for BA, then I'm away to my favourite haunt Cuba (Havana et al.,) for another 9 days. I suspect that I will not get the opportunity to meet any of the BA-masters as my trip is so close to Christmas… unless I'm wrong? Anyone in the area during my dates?

This is what I love about this site: sharing information all the way.

Thanks again guys.

Regards, Havanaman

Marcos
10-23-02, 19:04
quote:

Originally posted by leo
just back from a long weekend...

b.player comes over we spend the early part of the day having a 'casting call' of internet girls. see, so many have their face blocked out (the pix are real - not blue asterisks - just no faces in the pix) so we had a session where we try to get like 20+ to drop by. hell, it's only ar$10 to send them home, and this way well know who we want later in the trip. turns out it’s more fun than hitting on girls in u.s. bars…

1) to close the debate for now, artsuites is still very girl friendly. and the staff is the best - so nice… it remains my favorite place to stay.

So you organized a chica parade at artsuites ? Great idea, how about including trannies and freaks for the next time, it costs just u$s 2 to send them back, but you, the hotel managemnt and the other guests will have a shitload of fun !
- Yes I'm being sarcastic - we've got plenty of people here calling for discrection at that place - and here you go with your casting call. You even had the face to say that they are still friendly, isn't that great news (sarcastic again).

BTW, from you report in general I get the feeling that you haven't really snatched much - may be the next time a little bit less of attention to looks, and more to attitude and other human qualities will get you more fun. I may be wrong, but I don't think you need to fly out to be hanging with the guys, buying leather and getting numbers at the disco.

EZE_Amante
10-23-02, 19:11
I spoke with Mayri today, and even though I really liked staying at the Etoile, I'll be trying the Ulises for my next stay. On the last day of my recent trip, I met Veronica, and I looked at the penthouse suite I have reserved, and while the furniture leaves a lot to be desired, it has a lot of space, a decent stereo system, and I can entertain as many guests at the same time as I want. It is also more expensive than the Etoile ($90 US per night vs 187 pesos), and not as centrally located, but in a word, the guest policy at the Etoile sucks. I even offered to pay more through Mayri, and they wouldn't go for it. I may try Lois Suites on the trip after next, because it seems they offer the best of both worlds.

Just one man's opinion.

JamesBond69
10-23-02, 19:41
Originally posted by EZE_amante
but in a word, the guest policy at the Etoile sucks.

Why does it suck? It seems you had a good number of guests:-)

What is the policy exactly at the etoile - chica friendly?
You said they wouldn't allow two guests at one time. Is that the only restriction?

EZE_Amante
10-23-02, 20:39
Yes,

My bad, the only thing I don't like is the one guest at a time policy, and they are chica friendly. More so at night than during the afternoon when there are non-hobbying guests in the lobby. I really liked the hotel, I don't mean to sound like I don't. But, I had my heart set on playing in the tub with the twins, so next time I'll rent a short stay hotel as they are readily avaiable in the area.

Leo
10-23-02, 20:55
Originally posted by stoly
...how about including trannies and freaks for the next time, it costs just u$s 2 to send them back,

...may be the next time a little bit less of attention to looks, and more to attitude and other human qualities will get you more fun.

...I don't think you need to fly out to be hanging with the guys, buying leather and getting numbers at the disco.

i guess stoly implies i owe an apology to the hobby community - i'm sorry (sarcasm again) i don't like trannies and freaks. i'm sorry, i don't like having sex with ugly girls. and gee, i never thought of considering without first meeting the escorts' or call girls' other qualities besides looks - intelligence, sense of humor, and other 'human qualities' can be determined by photo?

why do you think i don't care about gfe, once i get over my own attractiveness hurdle (don't we all have one of these?). just because i don't spend _all_ my time at the hobby vs. having fun with friends, shopping, enjoying the cities cultural and visible beauty, or the amateur party scene (eg. discos) chasing 'regular' girls doesn't mean i don't contribute valueable 'hobby data' for our community?

sorry, but i'm not happy waiting over an hour to only see a plan-b girl to show up after an internet escort who doesn't include her face in a photo proves to be nasty - i schedule my back up in advance to shorten the cycle time. and my backup backup too. if they're attractive enough to me, i'll meet them later, and they're just as happy if i make them whole (pay their taxi). it's all discussed up front on the phone, i explain i understand why they don't include their face (eg. family concerns) and they confirm they don't mind being turned back with taxi cost if i'm not happy.

you want to continue your flame then post your email and we can spare our brothers maybe...

Havanaman
10-25-02, 13:51
Saint,

News on your apartment?

It occurred to me that if you close the deal and get access before my trip (13 through 23 December), perhaps we can talk business? ~ negotiate my stay at "your place"?

Please, either post your considerations here or email me: sedition2001@hotmail.com

Regards,

Havanaman

JamesBond69
10-31-02, 12:37
I'm bringing my laptop to BA and I have a question for the fellow mongers.

Has anyone had anything stolen from their rooms? If so, at what hotel?

Do any of the hotels have room safes or locked compartments large enough to lock up a laptop?

PS
I''m not talking about the chicas - that I can handle - but hotel employees or just thefts in general at the hotel.

Yankee Trader
10-31-02, 19:58
I've used the hotel safes before for my laptop, but I'm not sure they will hold a full size laptop. The only hotel I've stayed at in BA is the InterCon on Moreno and they have a safe in each room.

Not much help, I know, but every little bit helps

YT

Jodomas
11-01-02, 00:05
Jamesbond69;

The room safes at the Hilton are big enough for laptops. At the Castelar they will hold the laptop for you at the office behind the front desk and they seem very honest. However, I will not recomend the Castelar for the hobby. At the Hilton the girls need to register at the front desk, a bit embarasing if the staff is female. I do like to register the girl for my own safety.

Jodomas

ezy
11-04-02, 08:56
Anyone know of a great apartment to rent 20-26 November? The places I usually stay are not available....I prefer not to pay more than 50USD per night....On my last trip I paid 30pernight for a great one bedroom, but another monger has it rented in November......

If I don't find what I want I can always retreat to a hotel or aparthotel, but apartments seem to offer better bargains....and I would rather save money on housing to devote to the never ending search for the perfect chica.....smile....

Chuponalgas
11-05-02, 23:56
APART RECOLETA????
Anyone been there? Supposedly 150 rooms in "heart of Recoleta"
Regular rate = $109, but Travelocity can book for $55 a night.
http://www.apartrecoleta.com.ar/habitacionus.htm

ezy
11-06-02, 03:10
chuponalgas. I have not stayed in ApartRecoleta, but I have seen the rooms...great location on Guido, but older and smaller rooms than Art Suites for about the same price.

Chuponalgas
11-06-02, 03:49
EZY: thanks. Is there a BIG difference in the rooms? Because APART RECOLETA has pool, gym, restaurant on premises, ART SUITES does not. We like to swim a few laps every day... Any idea if APART RECOLETA is chica friendly? THX for any help, will post full report upon return!

ezy
11-06-02, 08:51
Chuponalgas. If a pool is important, you might want to consider the oft' mentioned Etoille, which is only a block or so from Apart Recoleta. You will get a two room suite for the price of a one room jr. suite at Apart Recoleta. It has its rules, but is clearly chica friendly. And a restaurant is on premises....

If you want to try Apart Recoleta, you might want to email them directly and ask for a promotional rate based upon your length of stay, your corportate connections, uncommonly good looks, or any other reason that comes to mind....I have spoken with hotels in BA and told them I found a rate of x dollars from Travelocity or elsewhere on the web and wondered if I could get a better rate by booking direct. More often than not, I have been offered a better deal. Oh, I don't know if this Apart Hotel is chica friendly...but most are IF you register for a double rather than a single...

RE: ArtSuites....two rooms at Art Suites, vs one room at ApartRecoleta, nearly new vs older, 45sm vs 30....but you are right, no pool, no restaurant....

Chuponalgas
11-06-02, 23:23
Chuponalgas. If a pool is important, you might want to consider the oft' mentioned Etoille... SIGH that was my first choice but it is full...

JamesBond69
11-06-02, 23:40
Originally posted by chuponalgas
Chuponalgas. If a pool is important, you might want to consider the oft' mentioned Etoille... SIGH that was my first choice but it is full...

That's true about the Etoile. I was able to get a room at the Etoile but only for one day, Nov. 12th, so I have to look for another place after that.

For some strange reason it seems like the BA hotels are starting to fill up in November. If anyone would like to share a two bedroom apartment (apartment/hotel) for a week or more after Nov. 12th let me know, as I will be there until Dec. 11th.

The artsuites seems like a nice choice.

JohnGuapo
11-10-02, 22:34
I need a little help from the experienced BA monger regardign a hotel.. I will be in BA from Nov 29 through Dec. 12 - two weeks and wanted to know if anybody has heard of the Parke Chateau Kempinski. I can get a suite for $71 per night, including the VAT and it seems like a nice hotel - jacuzzi, sitting area, etc. The only problem is I do not know if it is chica friendly or not.

Other options are Apt. Recoleta $55, Lois Suites Esmerelda $70, and the Park Central Kempinski at $69 or the infamous ArtSuites. The only thing with Artsuites, is that due to all of the monger information, is there a chance that they eliminate all chica visits?

Also if anybody wants to hook up for some mongering activities, email me at malageno@yahoo.com

ezy
11-10-02, 23:21
johnguapo....There are 4 Kempenski hotels in BA...one is downtown, and three are in Barrio Norte/Recoleta....

They are very nice, tastefully done botique hotels....I don't know if they are chica friendly, but if you have any doubt...ask. I usually just say, "I will be traveling alone but wish to register for a double because I plan to have company part of the time and don't want any problems. There won't be, will there?" There is no problem with most BA hotels, provided you register as a double...but it does not hurt to check it out.

The hotel you are thinking about is on Puyrredon, not far from Recoleta's boliches.....The Park Central is downtown, not in Recoleta.

here is the url....

http://www.parkplazahotels.com/

JustGotBack
11-11-02, 17:10
Etoile is booked solid this month. I noticed that the UTELL hotels have some great rates in BA. A couple in the high 10s and the low 20s including tax for "suites". UTELL is a big international hotel chain. It runs 28 hotels in BA including the Loisuites.

So instead of asking which hotels are chica friendly, has anyone ever stayed in a hotel in BA that wasn't chica friendly? If no one has, then the odds are good that most of them are chica friendly.

ezy
11-11-02, 22:26
Originally posted by justgotback
I noticed that the UTELL hotels have some great rates in BA. A couple in the high 10s and the low 20s including tax for "suites". UTELL is a big international hotel chain. It runs 28 hotels in BA including the Loisuites.
Which hotels? The lowest rates I found on Utell for late Nov. were 40,plus tax (21%).....

Also, most hotels in BA are chica friendly IF you register as a double...not a single...but I usually ask anyway. I don't want any hassles.

JustGotBack
11-12-02, 00:41
The "Americas Studios All Suites" is either $18.99 or $22 depending on which promotional you get. The "Best Western Embassy All Suite" is $29. The "Cristoforo Colombo Suites" is $20. This one looks really nice, if kind of far away, it's about a 10 minute ride by taxi to Recoleta. The other two are around Florida St. I remember passing them during my wandering. They are about a 20 minute walk from Recoleta.

To get these rates, click on the "Great Rates" link. You'll get the promotional rates.

JustGotBack
11-13-02, 14:42
Have any of you had problems with apartment rentals? Since the activity happens very late at night or in the wee hours of the morning, has the noise bothered the neighbors? I'm assumming that these are just regular apartments with regular people living there. Is it awkward?

Samwise
11-14-02, 16:16
I am considering staying at the Alvear Palace during my trip to BA in Dec. The cost of the hotel stay is not a major concern as I am on a business trip and should be able to expense most of it.

How's the location wrt to the various clubs? Is the hotel "Chica friendly"?

Thanks in advance. I hope to see some of you there soon ...

ezy
11-14-02, 19:23
Samwise. My ex-favorita says the Alvear is chica friendly. The Alvear is across the street from Blacks and just several blocks from the other Recoleta Clubs, such as Afairre, Closers, Madahos, Solid Gold, Play Women and Sodoma. I have never stayed at the Alvear, but I have passed through the lobby. Magnificant. Enjoy!

DownBA
11-16-02, 19:02
Regarding the Etoile where I just returned from 5 fabulous nights, I'd like to warn anyone that likes to finish doing business with their chicas and go to sleep early that the Etoile is emphatically NOT the place to do this Friday, Saturday and Sunday night as there is a VERY, VERY, VERY LOUD disco just next door that doesn't stop blasting their music until about 5 am. This music is so loud that people have reportedly seen Evita Peron rise from her tomb and put earplugs in her ears in order to get some decent rest!!!! Monday through Thursday night there is some ordinance against this music as it is quiet well before 1 am.

Also, though the Etoile is supposedly a 4 star hotel, they've got some real mickey mouse ways of maintaining their facitlity: my bathroom window was missing the lock so it constantly opened up by itself, you know one of those windows that opens out....so when I asked that it be fixed they drilled another hole and screwed it permanently shut!!! Not a very good example of quality repairs.

Otherwise, though, as long as you don't mind their two-people- in-a-room at a time rule it's a pretty nice place to stay with very acommodating people at the front dest, great buffet breakfast, free internet access and photocopies in the business center, etc. They also have fully functional conference rooms with video conferencing facilities available so you can really comfortably do business there if need be.

And the Diplomatic Suite that I stayed in was ENORME PERO ENORME as they say in BA with a huge eating room with fridge, bar and large round table, a huge living room with sofa, tv and easy chairs and a nice size bedroom with two twin beds that I didn't really care for since I'm a big guy and two in a twin bed is a little tight but otherwise the beds were comfortable.

The price was ridiculously low in my opinion taking the exchange rate into consideration. I paid $187P per night which boils down to about U$55 per night including the 21 percent tax that they add on.

They also made a cell phone available, all you had to do was activate it at the front desk and pay 80 centavos (like 25 cents US) per minute with no charge for incoming calls. I selected this option and I found it extremely useful coordinating my business and pleasure meetings.

Eating wise, you can spend you entire time eating and screwing without walking more than 2-3 short blocks from the Etoile. And some of the deals they throw at you in the steak houses are ridiculous, like $14P for filet minon (LOMO in BA), about $U4.00....I mean you take your chica out to one of these steak houses for dinner and eat three courses with wine and dessert and the waiter hands you a bill for maybe $70 pesos and you've got this huge smile on your face feeling as though you practically stole the food.

Last but not least, if you want to buy jewelry while in town, ask the cabbie to take you to 9 de Julio and Libertad (no, this is not a typo, it's a different street than Libertador) and check out the prices!!! I bought an 18 k white gold diamond ring with about 1 k of diamonds and our appraiser just appraised it at about 3 times what I paid for it!!!!!
In conclusion, stay at the hotel and party your ass of at the Etoile if you can get a room!!! DownBA

ezy
11-16-02, 21:04
DownBA. Nice post. I plan to do some Christmas shopping in BA, so the information about jewelry was perfectly timed......Do you remember the name of the store?

Also, I have read about a place that makes and sells leather goods somewhere on this board....but I can't find the post at them moment....I remember it was not on the Florida/Lavalle street mall, but in a more out of the way locale. Can anyone help me out?

Christmas shopping in BA will be a new experience for me!

DownBA
11-16-02, 21:24
Ezy, the place is called A Aryston Joyas and it's at Libertad 148; the phone numbe is 4372-7836. They have an email address on the card: aryston@uol.com.ar....the girl that helped me would be a great wife, I'd marry her in a minute...about 5'8", typical flat little tummy sticking out, big, beautiful chest, pretty face, nice manner, I guess I'm a sucker for the beautiful salesladies but this one was very acommodating as initially I didn't like what I saw and she said "Un momento por favor" and left the shop; when she came back a few minutes later she had EXACTLY what I was looking for. PS, she said she was offering me virtually wholesale prices and today the ring was appraised at $2500US and I paid $3000P.

I saw another gorgeous ring, a platynum ring with diamonds (HOW APPROPRIATE!!!) for $1500P at Lina Fabrica de Alhajas at Libertad 190, tel - 4382-8868. Don't get stuck on my place though Ezy as this is the heart of their jewelry district and there are dozens of places. It happens that I went in with a Porteno friend of mine and he seemed ok with what they were charging me so I trusted the prices and the appraisal meets that out.

I could seriously get used to this favorable exchange thing. In fact, Ezy, I could seriously get used to going to BA once a month and I have some new business possibilities that might someday afford me that luxury. Lastly, Ezy, they have suspended the purchase of jewely with credit cards, punto final, so bring cash or a debit card so you can withdraw the cash. I noticed that the cash machines simply don't dispense US$ anymore though they still offer that option. Pesos no problem.

FELIZ NAVIDAD EZY!! DownBA

Jodomas
11-17-02, 16:23
I just stayed at "America All Suites Studios" and it is not chica friendly. They charge 50 pesos to bring the chica in and she has to register before coming in. The "Bestwestern Embassy All Suites" is their sister hotel so is probably the same policy.

Utell is not a hotel chain but a reservation system. I used them to book this hotel the day before I went and the reservation was there upon arrival at hotel. I will use this service in the future.

Anyone knows if hotels Dazzler, Presidente, or Bisonte Palace are chica friendly.

Jodomas

ezy
11-17-02, 18:49
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jodomas
[i]I just stayed at "America All Suites Studios" and it is not chica friendly. They charge 50 pesos to bring the chica in and she has to register before coming in. The "Bestwestern Embassy All Suites" is their sister hotel so is probably the same policy.

jodomas....did you register originally for one or two persons? Most hotels in BA permit chicas IF you register for a double at the outset. Requiring the girl to register adds a measure of security for you, in the event you are robbed the girl is easy to track. Some hotels simply require the girl to leave her documentos (national id) at the front desk until she leaves.

Can't help you with the other hotels....when in doubt, ask. The hotel people have seen and heard it all before so you won't embarrass them....happy hunting

Chuponalgas
11-17-02, 19:28
Apart Recoleta: www.apartrecoleta.com.ar/
Directly across from Affaire, 1 block from Etoile. Adequate rooms for $45 nite. List price $95, $55 online, $45 at the door "because pool and gym closed", They also have bigger nicer rooms for more. VERY good location, near the park and restaurants. Good security, English speaking staff, Motel 6 quality rooms, safes, stove, phone, small tv, hobbyist friendly or at least indifferent, they just call and tell you guest is here, can we send her up? Nice soft beds, although I BROKE the first bed... If the guys at work coulda seen THAT... LOL...
Otherwise nothing special except for EXCELLENT location, probably best location in Recoleta. Tiny lobby, nothing fancy. Not well known even to cab drivers, tell them 1948 Calle Guido (Cashay Geedo in the unique Argentine pronunciation) across from Club Affaire. Affaire and Closers girls quote $100, will take 150p($70) and they love that the hotel is right across the street. Because it only takes 10 seconds to get to this hotel, they usually stay longer. If you have a room in front, it allows them to hang out and watch out the window to see if club gets busy. Then they stay for hours on a slow night, which is good reason to ask for room in front (if you donīt mind street noise). My date even came back when she got off at 6 a.m. and offered a freebie if I took her to breakfast... How cool is THAT????

JustGotBack
11-17-02, 22:18
Is that where it is? I always thought that was a super expensive place.

I have problems with taxi drivers finding Etoile as well. I just tell them Guido y Junin.

I'm staying at the Dazzler next time. 25 dollars and it's supposed to be a 4 star. The pictures look good. It looks new. Their website wanted $39 before tax. Marya, who recommmended it as well, wanted $42 including tax. Travelocity wanted $25 before tax. It's about a 20 minute walk to the zone in Recoleta.

If I can get Apart Recoleta for $45 at the door, I may just move. Etoile is booked solid.

JamesBond69
11-17-02, 22:31
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DownBA
[i]
The price was ridiculously low in my opinion taking the exchange rate into consideration. I paid $187P per night which boils down to about U$55 per night including the 21 percent tax that they add on.

DownBA,

YIKES!!!!!!!!
How did you get that deal? Off the street negotiations, through an agent such as Mayra.

Please let me know privately at ww2001us@yahoo.com or on the list - whichever you prefer.

Info much appreciated. as I'm looking to upgrade, standard to suite...

Bond, James Bond in Mongolia, BA

DownBA
11-18-02, 00:01
Bond, sorry, I actually paid $198 P per night plus the 21% tax. Still works out to very little at 3.5: 1. But the suite was ENORMOUS and every girl echoed that sentiment. Yes, I got this rate from Mayra at www.argentinago.com, very, very, nice and acommodating women.

To the poster who posted just before Bond:
As for finding the Etoile, just tell the chicas to tell the cabbie to go to the corner of Quintanas & Presidente M. Ortiz and tell the girl to walk a half block toward Guido and look to her left for the big E over the door. In actuality you can't drive to the Etoile without extreme difficulty and no cabbie in the city can find it without dropping buckets of sweat. So just use the "corner of Quintanas & Presidente M. Ortiz" approach and your dates will find it relatively easily.

Bond, what did you think of Nuevo Estilo Boliche? I'm feeling a bit proud of myself fellas since I think you'll all readily agree that my posts were the very first that identified this place after I found it last year when I stayed at the Hotel Golf Tower down the street from it on La Pampa. I loved the place and on the plane ride home an Argentinian told me he went there at about 4 in the afternoon and was greeted at the door by a STUNNER!! Please post about this place fellas since I loved it last year. DownBA

JustGotBack
11-18-02, 14:31
Thanks for this. I was booked at "America All Suites", but switched to the Dazzler for $1 more since it looked better in the pictures.

By the way, all the hotels in BA that I've stayed at make the girl register. The 50 pesos though ....

Are the rooms good at least?

Originally posted by jodomas
I just stayed at "America All Suites Studios" and it is not chica friendly. They charge 50 pesos to bring the chica in and she has to register before coming in. The "Bestwestern Embassy All Suites" is their sister hotel so is probably the same policy.

Utell is not a hotel chain but a reservation system. I used them to book this hotel the day before I went and the reservation was there upon arrival at hotel. I will use this service in the future.

Anyone knows if hotels Dazzler, Presidente, or Bisonte Palace are chica friendly.

Jodomas

ezy
11-18-02, 18:48
justgotback...some hotels simply require the girl to leave her national id at the front desk rather than making her register. She picks up her id on the way out......I don't know about the 50pesos, but many hotels make the girl pay if you are registered for one person.....I usually register for two when I book the room and I have never had to pay extra. There may be exceptions, of course....

Jodomas
11-19-02, 00:44
Guys;
Here is part of the hotel confirmation from Utell for "America Studios All Suites"
Room Description: Standard Room Double Bed
Rate Description: Americas Special Promo

Number of Adults: 2
Number of Rooms/Suites: 1
Number of Beds: 1
Quoted Rate: 22.00 United States Dollars
Confirmed Rate: 22.00 United States Dollars

Rooms are big and recently remodeled. Small shower and tiny twin beds. Their deffinition of double bed is two twins pushed together. Good A/C and celing fan, BA was very hot last few days. Very small safe deposit boxes in the tiny lobby. I don't mind to register the girl for security reasons but it could be a bit embarrasing if the staff is a woman.

Overall experince: OK budget hotel, not chica friendly, not good for the hobby.

Justgotback: Please post your experience at the Dazzler. The hotel looks good from the outside. I believe this hotel used to be called Bisonte before. I stayed at the Bisonte on my first trip to BA about 12 years ago. I was with my girlfriend at the time so no hobby.

jodomas

ezy
11-19-02, 12:37
my previous reservation for a hotel fell through....I found a last minute replacement...Howard Johnsons Plaza (formerly Mariott Courtyard) on Plaza San Martin. Arg195 inluding IVA and breakfast for two. King room....It has a pool and gym...and a great location, but I have never stayed here.

Anyone have any experience with this hotel? I hope it is chica friendly......if not, I will use a temp hotel the first day and switch hotels!!!

JustGotBack
11-19-02, 16:21
I just touchdown in BA this morning. I checked into the Dazzler. Itīs fairly nice. The rooms are about half the size of the Etoile, but they are much better kept. It reminds me of hotels in Europe or a $200 hotel in Manhattan. Saint they have shower curtains and the bed is good if firm. I booked a double, but left the number of guest line blank when I registered. I asked if it was OK to have guests in my room and the guy said itīs fine if you have a guest visit. I think the bellboy also said something about just have your guest register downstairs. My spanish is so so. Tonight will be the test. If they try to charge me for the girl, I still have my reservation printout for a double. They tried charging me $31 without tax, which is the standard single/double rate. But I booked the honeymoon special on Travelocity. They checked and agreed to $25. I donīt think itīs the Bisonte since thatīs close by. Itīs ideally located for the downtown clubs. Itīs just across the July 9th avenue. Itīs also easily walkable back to Recoleta. You can also save cab fare from the airport since the $3 bus stops a couple of blocks away.

Thanks Ezy for the addresses of the downtown clubs. I found them this afternoon. I also popped in Orleans for a look around. Considering that it was 2 in the afternoon, the selection wasnīt half bad. About Solid Gold quality. Much better than I thought it would be.

Itīs hot here. The ATMs seem to be stocked again. No problems today as oppose to a few months back.

This is the Dazzler site
http://www.dazzlerhotel.com/

Saint
11-19-02, 21:13
Have fun justgotback. The hotel sounds like it will work for you. That's the great thing about BA. So many posibilities. With the cheap taxi's it doesn't really matter too much where you stay. I can't wait to go back next week! The shower curtain sounds like a good deal too. Ha, ha.

Nothing beats the Etoile's location but I know I'll most likely never stay there again. Too many other good choices to me. Have fun.

Saint

JustGotBack
11-20-02, 15:58
Dodge the question of whether Dazzler is chica friendly or not. The elevators are right by the front door, so we just went up without talking to anyone. I think if it was going to be a problem, they would have more security. You canīt get by the Etoile guys, thereīs one right in front of the elevator.

The girl seemmed to like the room. She said it was Ļmuy lindoĻ. Which is very pretty. I donīt think she was being polite since the last time I saw here, I was at the Castelar for the night and she said the place was ĻmaloĻ which is bad.

ezy
11-20-02, 16:51
just got here this morning, so I cannot post about chicas as of now...but the HOjo PLAZA is decent...usd60,tax included...free local calls...internet access...my room is a king with a balcony overlooking Florida...I asked several guys who told me chicas will not be a problem...my local cell is 15-4031-5271 if anyone wants to get together.

JustGotBack
11-21-02, 12:41
I found out last night that Dazzler is chica friendly. I walked in with my girl. The doorman didnīt say a thing. We were standing at the elevators when the girl made this writing motion with her hand and pointed to the front desk. We walked over and the guy just took her ID and didnīt bat an eye. His attitude about registering was like Ļsure, if you want toĻ. He didnīt even open it to look at it, he just stuck it in a drawer.

She also said the room was very nice like the girl the night before. Itīs cheap, itīs nice, itīs close to the downtown clubs, itīs walkable to Reoleta and itīs chica friendly. This has replaced Etoile as my hotel of choice.

JamesBond69
11-21-02, 21:04
Hotel Lancaster...

I have a hotel to recommend that I haven't seen shown up on this list yet. I haven't stayed there - just checked out a few rooms today - but its really nice if you want to stay downtown and really cheap for what you get.

Location is great - Same block as Orleans, which contrary to several posts I've read, does have a few gems during the day from noon to 6pm, mostly single mothers than have to stay home with their kids at night and can't work the club scene.
Hotel a block from Cutty Sark and the other chica boliches on the same street.

Decor is old world but in great condition. Looks like a hotel in London. Wood panel hallways out of the hotel in "Barton Fink", antique furniture, very charming. and clean. Reminds me of the Algonquin Hotel in New York or the staterooms in the Titanic.

Staff & Security- seems like they've been there for more than the fifty years. Security seems tight, with a doorman keeping an eye on the door at all times and the type of safes in the rooms that are large enough to fit a small camcorder.

Cheap: 120 pesos for a double including tax (= $34 dollars US) and for the largest room in the hotel - the Master Suite on the top floor, just 160 pesos including tax ($45 dollars US) !!!!!!!!

Nice restaurant with beautiful waitresses for breakfast, included in the price.

Only negative - no health club, if that's what you like (I swim an hour a day in the pool at the Etoile and it's great after a night of mongering)

I haven't stayed at the Lancaster Hotel so don't know if it is Chica Friendly but it must be, as it's so near the Orleans?

I was a bit shy about asking the staff. Does anyone know the Lancaster policy on Chicas. I personally prefer to stay at the Etoile in Recoleta but if you are interested in a downtown adventure this hotel certainly should be something to consider.

It's a genuine old world gem of a hotel.

JustGotBack
11-22-02, 00:13
Some else on the forum mentioned the Lancaster. But the webpage they cited no longer exists. I couldnīt find any contact information before I left. Maybe Iīll swing by for a quick look see.

Jodomas
11-22-02, 00:19
justgotback;

Thankyou for the info on the Dazzler. I will probably stay there in Dec when I go back to BA for my one or two nights monthly mongering adventure. I like the fact that is between Recoleta and downtown action. I like to walk to the clubs and and return in a taxi with the chica. Just out of curiosity can you ask if this used to be the Bisonte. The other Bisonte closer to downtown action is the Bisonte Palace, two different hotels, I think.

jodomas

JustGotBack
11-22-02, 16:47
Sure, Iīll ask. There is a Bisonte hotel across the July 9 Avenue.

Something weird last night happened with the girl when I headed back to the Dazzler. Once we were close enough to see the hotel, she got this concerned look on her face and I think she said she didnīt think that it was chica friendly. She asked the cabby who said he didnīt know. Because of this, we just headed to the elevators without registering. Once again, the guy who saw us didnīt say a thing. She wasnīt dressed as converatively as she should have been. I asked her about this once we were in my room. She said that sheīs been turn away before. But I told her that I had a girl register last night and it wasnīt a problem. She seemmed surprised. I donīt know what to say.

JustGotBack
11-24-02, 00:06
Jodomas, I asked today. The Dazzler used to be called the Bisonte. Is that good or bad? Why did they have two hotels just across the street from one another? Granted, itīs a big street but still.

Jodomas
11-24-02, 10:05
justgotback, thankyou. Just needed to know if this was the same hotel I stayed before. It was good then and by looking at their website seems like it has been upgraded. This might be the reason for the name change. Since you have been having such a good experience hobbying at this hotel I might give it a try next month.

jodomas

Nibu Raphael
12-06-02, 20:13
Hi any good cheap hotels for two under 30 pesos in centro??? I heard of some cheaper ones by a metro station not too far by Centro Where there is a hooker zone with cheap hotels. Oh well I should find a good cheap place... Any info would be appreciated,,,, NIBU R... PS Havanaman Where will you be staying at????? E Mail me PLease........

Nibu Raphael
12-09-02, 07:37
Hey I heard this Porno Love Motel RULES It is La Cigarra Godoy Cruz 2883 on the corner of Juncal in Palermo Cap. FEd Call them 4773- 7225 www.lacigarrahotel.com.ar 5 hour suite for 29 pesos and also the 5 hour 19 peso cheapie.

Havanaman
12-10-02, 12:10
Nibu,

Check your email. I look forward to your reply and hooking up.

Regards, Havanaman

Nibu Raphael
12-11-02, 05:42
Yeh Bro check yours now I just replied back Hotels here are cheap as fuck I am staying at a Residencial with my Peruvian musician friend 4 bucks for two of us and no cucarachas and hot showers and safe. A Hot Bolivian girl from Santa Cruz is there Wendy She is Hot Hot Hot. There is also a Big breasted Teona with a kid too maybe she lives with the kid alone or her husband. Wendy lives alone. Hey To Jackson and JB I am defenitly not a backpacker neither is my friend I always carry a Back pack for my walkman,Cd,Sex Papers,Newspapers,travel book with maps,My phone book and for shopping in general. Backpackers I hate4 anyways they are way much more cheapier then me If you guys all think Me and my friend are Cheap Heee Hee... Yeh So Havnaman like I made in another post When are you coming exactly? When are you leaving? Where will you stay at? Like I said the San Ramon is nice only was there for my first night,Cable Tv,hot showers,very very clean place. I will stay at the Hotel Contitu cion Plaza until my trip is over WHy Not. Ok Man I am posting for you here from centro BA Like 3.30 am in the morning on Ave. Lavalle. Passed by the Orleans cafe tonight on San Martin and Cordoba like 2 girls and 11 dudes Almost looked like a Gay Cafe too me. What is going on with the Orleans Fellow Mongers? Hey Dude from San Antonio Texas Thnks for the Heineken the other night. What is handle that you post on here or do you ever post at all? Later Ya all Da One and Only------ NIBS.....

Dcrain
12-12-02, 16:06
Dazzler warning.

This may not apply to anyone booking through Utell. We stayed at the Dazzler the first 2 nights in BA. Quote price upon check in was $50 us for our double.

Upon check-out, they were trying to charge 267 pesos per night when the rate should have been about 175 pesos. I called them on it, but they insisted that the 267 pesos equaled $50us. It was my friend's credit card and he went ahead and paid the amount (over $75/night). Dazzler definitely rates a rip-off award.

There are too many other deals in Recoletta to stay at a place that tries to rip-off tourist.

Even booking a place at the last minute from Mar del Plata, we got a 1300sq. ft., 2 bedroom apartment in Recoleta for $70/day. One day rate was $80 and extended stays would probably be $60-65/day. James Bond told me about this place and it worked out very well.

Address is parera156 (www.parera156.com) and Silvina is the manager. 2 doormen. The afternoon doorman, Pablo, (1pm-5pm) speaks fairly good english. With advance planning, you can get better deals, but the apartments are nice. James Bond can tell you about the larger 1800 sq ft. 3 bedroom apartments. Location is on parera between Alvear and Quintana. It is across the street from one of the Kempinski Hotels. Geography is not my best area, but the apartments are about 3 blocks from Shampoo. I walked home from Shampoo my last night in BA.

Also stayed 4 nights in Bel Aire hotel. Nice hotel, clean rooms and good staff. Most of the staff does not speak english. Room prices are in pesos and are posted at the check-n desk. Price of our double room with a large bathroom was $146 pesos ($41-42/night). I Was not hobbying during that stay, but it is probably chica friendly. One night I went to the internet room. The gentleman using the computer was looking at the Area-Vip web site. Enough said. The hotel is popular with Argentinians, so using discretion for any hobbying activities would probably be a good idea.

More information on hotels outside of BA in a later report.

JamesBond69
12-12-02, 23:45
Originally posted by BA_ROBERT
jamesbond,

You wrote that apparment is much cheaper than the hotels. Iam curious. How much cheaper. What about the standard of these appartments? Better, the same or worse?

I stayed in the Diplomatic Suite at the Etoile, a sensational room, underpriced for what you get at the Mayri discount of about $66/day or about $85, if you factor in my average mini-bar bill (thanks to Delores, who loves to raid it upon entrance) and telephone bill, high because I used it to connect to the internet on dialup at almost a peso a minute. As I mentioned before the Etoile has a policy of no chicas under 21 and no twosomes, as you have paid for double occupany, not triple occupancy. The big perk of the Diplomatic Suite is the oversized jacuzzi, which BA_Robert knows well, and the Health Club on the roof, which has a heated pool, a full exercise room and aerobic classes with model level amatuer chicas. Also the breakfasts that end at 11am are great (the breakfast opens at 7am, about when I go to sleep.) And the staff is GREAT. You can leave your laptop, digital cameras, even money on the bureau and nothing will be taken.

My total bill for the hotel for the month was a whopping $2,500, high but around the same for my relatively modest one bedroom apartment in Manhattan.

Now Johnguapo rented a two bedroom modestly furnished apartment with cable tv, balcony, telephone, kitchen, living room, fairly good security, since the room locked from inside and the entrance had an intercom. The apartment faced the back of the Etoile, that is, it was on the same block. Space wise my suite at the Etoile was probably a third bigger.

His total bill, $1,000 a month plus telephone and whatever he bought to stock his for his kitchen.

Was the room and the perks better at the Etoile? Certainly the Etoile was better.

Would I rent an apartment when I return to BA. Probably I would.

PS
Mayri tells me that the rates at the Etoile will come up in March.

Saint
12-13-02, 00:28
$2,500 US a month is too much for any where in Buenos Aires in my opinion. I just leased a luxury apartment that is just a few blocks down from Black's. I'm renting it out to a VERY selected group of guys that I either personally know or have been referred by other guys that I know. I'm renting it for $1,000 US a month and I think it's much nicer than the Etoile. I stayed at the Etoile so I know what I'm talking about. Also, as is mentioned many times there are too many restrictions at the Etoile and other hotels. That is why I got my own place.

I'm providing a link but I'll probably take it down after a week or so. I just want people to see what they can get for a month at less than 1/2 the cost that you'd pay at the Etoile. Please do not email me about the apartment unless you personally met me or you know one of my friends.

I know other guys like Jackson rented an apartment there also for 2 years. I'm in the process of renting more. It's not as easy as you'd think renting apartments in Buenos Aires but now that I have a Buenos Aires address and met several people it's getting easier.

Good luck.

http://hometown.aol.com/saintofba/index.html

Nibu Raphael
12-14-02, 03:29
Hi I mentioned on my posts on short stay hotels the other hotel nbext to my hotel has some kinky chicks living long term. I figure at these residencials lot of working type and sleazy girls. I frank beer with Werndy the other day her Korean boyfriiend pays her whole rent. Wendy is a sweety. I wish I could of banged her that night. Hey also I think the Big Titted Girl on floor 2 where I am at ios single. This dump for 4 bucks for two rules,Safe Not totaaly clean but no roaches or bugs not too noisy a fucking deal for me. Yeh Me and Juan leave then sunday 7.30 PM To Mendoza to change for a bus to Santiago or Valparaiso directly. Oki Man My friend is bnugging me and I am buzzed from drinking Mar De Plata Beer Kick ass and now I am drinking Bordolino White wine for less then 2 pesos What A Deal. Ok I now wait for fat Bastard and Havana Man to call me. Tommorow is the day You Dudes call me E Mail me or make a post here cagain I am staying in san Telmo at Ave. San Juan 818 The phone number is 4307- 4749 Ask for my friend Juan Carlos Muro Ok..... Yeh He is bugging me now. I think we head to see a HM Co9ncert tonight I will try to look for Schneider and Brahma Beer And Tommorow I shall hiit the sex Club in flores on Ave. artigas near the 7000 block of Rivadavia 50 pesos to enter with two free drinks.. They have two private rooms to fuck and I think a Public orgy room. FB and Havana Do you want to accompany tommorow Call Or E Mail me ctw30@hotmail.com or wipy1999@yahoo.com Sunday I am gone. I should be up my 2 Pm Tommorow and gone by 3 to shop at Florida and Lavalle. Juan said I am telling my life story now. Ok We Must Go,,,,,,,,,, NIBU R...........................

El Ricardo
12-30-02, 12:13
Hi,
I'm still looking for a place to stay while I visit BA from February 7 to February 24. Since I haven't recieved any responses to my queries on the Buenos Aires page yet, this is a repeat message. I am attending a school located at Avenida Eduardo Madero 1020 (near Puerto Madero)...anybody have recommendations for this location (a little over two weeks duration.) I've sent e-mails to Apart Recoleta and Hotel Crillon (both are chica-friendly,) and received cost estimates of U$S 680 and U$S 1400 respectively. I'm looking for a more convenient and perhaps more cost effective. Any suggestions?
thanks,
ER

ezy
12-30-02, 16:05
el ricardo...

have you tried any of the apartment reservation services? alojargentina.com, bytargentina.com, or argentinago.com (Mayri's site)....there are other sites...do a search on google......costs are almost always much lower than hotels for longer term stays and several offer apartments in Puerto Madero.

If you are a member of AAA the Holiday Inn Express offers a rate of U$D48 per night, plus tax. This hotel is very near your desired location....also, try the Lancaster Hotel on Cordoba in the downtown area.....rates are very negotiable at this hotel.

You can get about the same rate at the Howard Johnsons Plaza on Florida if you contact the hotel directly........

buena suerte!

El Ricardo
12-30-02, 19:59
Thanks EZY,

Yes, I have some queries out to a couple of services that were suggested by High on Hobbying (alojaargentina and one other.) I've heard back from one of the services, and they would like between U$S 800 and U$S 1000 per month plus 10% commission. Both apartments sound really nice (designed for 4 person occupancy), but I'd like to find something for 1/2 the time period. I've sent a note back asking if shorter times are possible.
Stay tuned!
ER

ezy
12-31-02, 09:19
ER, Most of the apartments can be rented by the week or even by the night....but the rate may be lower to rent for the month.....I usually spend between $200-300 for the week for a nice apartment.....Here is the url for another service:

http://www.bytargentina.com/

Also, if you have not tried argentinago.com (Mayri), that is where I suggest you begin.....she is great to work with...............

Saint
01-05-03, 14:55
Met up with Andres last night for dinner and ice cream. Very good guy. I hope to meet up and hobby with him later in the week. I showed him both my apartments. He seemed to like them. Here is my second apartment if anyone is interested. I might get another one before I leave in two weeks.

I've met up with alot of business contacts here that know Americans so it's been nice.

http://hometown.aol.com/saintofba/libertad.html

Loco4Latinas
01-11-03, 01:08
Just booked my flight to BA for the 12th of Feb and was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Design Suites as seen on the Argentinago.com home page? LIke are they chica-friendly? Clean, safe, the usual. Really appreciate all the info I can get.

Dickhead
01-20-03, 02:57
Just a little review of The Dazzler, 902 Libertad, corner of Paraguay.

PRICE: Booked a junior suite with sitting room for $34 (double occupancy; I registered Norma Jean Baker as the second name and then when I checked in I just said she had been delayed a bit. No one gave a shit) on Travelocity. When I got there, they said no rooms with sitting area were available. I wasn't sure if they were jerking me off or not and I was very tired so I wasn't sure if I was explaining myself well in Spanish. I had not brought the website printout that said suite but only had the e-mail confirm with the rate. I did not feel like pushing it as I was favorably impressed with the lobby, bar area, free computer (only one though, but it is very fast), etc. and did not think I would be doing that much sitting anyway. But then when I checked out and the rate morphed to $41, I asked for the manager. He said it is tax. I said, more than 20% tax? He said 19%. I said my math skills are good: (41 - 34) / 34 < 20%; about 20.6% in fact. Then I brought up the fact that I was supposed to get a sitting room and I said that my Travelocity print out said the rate included tax and it was in the trash can in my room if he cared to look (bluff). He lowered the rate to $34 total, no problem, and I said OK, now I will recommend the hotel to my friends but otherwise I would have told them not to stay here. He is very anxious for more spending, tipping Americans to stay here vs. weekending Argentinians. His English is good.

ROOM: 8th floor (I had requested a high floor when reserving and again when checking in, as I always do) and at the end of the hall so 50% fewer neighbors to annoy with moaning and screaming (the girls are even worse, ha ha). Nice big bathroom with clothesline, bidet, and good water pressure. Double closet with mirrored doors and plenty of wood hangers (wood is much better if you have nice duds which I don't). Good view of the park. Minibar (I think the beers were 4 pesos or so), dresser, one uncomfortable chair. Hell, maybe there were two chairs. I don't remember. Decent lighting. VERY GOOD BED. This is important to me on a trip of any length over two nights. It was very firm and was a true double bed. AC had two levels and was adequate even in the major heat wave that was occurring; in fact, the high level is too high to leave on for very long. The switch claims there are 3 levels but there were not. 19" TV I never touched and a radio with 2 or 3 staticy channels that can be controlled from the bed. The lights can be controlled from the bed too, which was handy. Excellent housekeeping and they leave the AC on when they leave, unlike many hotels which train the maids to turn it off to save money. 1 of the 2 maids I saw was doable and the other was 65 and all bent over (I'm OK with the bent over part but 65 is pushing it).

STAFF: Excellent rating. I didn't really like the guy who checked me in but I never saw him again. The two female desk clerks I saw were quite nice looking; one with lighter hair spoke very, very good English although I refused to speak any English to anyone there at any time, and one with darker hair spoke good English and thought my Spanish was very good or was polite enough to say so, anyway. One other guy was taller and very sharp looking, but his English was merely passable. Bellhop Mario spoke excellent English due to living in Oz for a while. Another very tall bellhop was very friendly although his level of English is unknown. Third guy was sometimes bellhop and sometimes worked at the breakfast buffet. I think his name is Mauricio. He was zit ridden and somewhat sullen and did not seem to appreciate me hitting on the two other breakfast gals who were doable. One is named Marianna and has rosy cheeks but a somewhat receding chin. The other is tall and friendlier but I don't recall her name. They were receptive to flirting, the tall one more so, although I never got around to actually asking them out or anything.

FOOD AND BEVERAGE: I never tried the restaurant except for the free breakfast. I have a policy against eating meals where I am staying unless of course it is included in the rate. Breakfast is: scrambled eggs that I never tried but they looked good and were replenished often (I don't eat eggs that are not cooked to order); nasty looking fatty bacon that my female guests thought was great but I avoided; two types of "medialunas" or croissant, one sweet and one not; fresh squeezed OJ, coffee, warm milk, cold milk, and a variety of teas for beverages; cold cereal; cut fruit consisting of apples, grapes, oranges, and ??; Wonder-type wheat and white bread for toast, disappointing; cold ham and Manchego cheese; whole fruit in a bowl, apples, pears, and bananas. I think that's it. I tried to eat enough every morning to avoid paying for lunch and was reasonably successful.

I only went to the bar once, although I have no policy against that. Bartender Gustavo is a great guy and well understands the needs of the male to screw many women. Happy hour is 2 for 1 on a featured drink each day from 9-11. It was a screwdriver the night I was there, with fresh OJ, in a tall glass, mixed about 50/50. I was completely sober when I walked in there and completely buzzed after 2 of those fuckers. 10 pesos. Other specials I remember from the card in the elevator were gin and tonic and martinis. I bet two of Gonzalo's martinis would fuck you right up. Don't really know his level of English but I think he does speak it fairly well. He has all kinds of girls hanging around him.

LOCATION: Less than 1 km to Suipacha with Hooks, Ness, etc. A long ass walk to Recoleta, though, maybe 4 km. I like to walk. Maybe 1.5 km to the Florida mall. About 4 blocks from Subte stations Tribunales (D line) and another one on another name by Marcelo T that I disrecall. 2 or 3 blocks from Avenida Santa Fe and one longish block to 9 de Julio. Park is great with lots of shade and I went in there at night plenty of times. People are sleeping/living in there like in all the parks in BA right now but really the only issue is a lot of dog shit. Maybe not the most convenient location if you are too old or fat or chicken shit to walk but cabs are cheap.

CHICA FRIENDLINESS: 100% if you register for a double room (which allows you to offer breakfast to your chica if you do a TLN which is not my thing). The elevators are right by the door but even though I told my repeats just to come straight up, they did not. Whether they were intercepted or didn't try I don't know. They just call your room and say so and so is here; should she come up or do you want to come down? The chicas appreciated not having to get the third degree. Some guys may say that it is good to have the chica register and leave her ID, and I see their point, but I don't give a running fuck and can take care of myself. Any chica who can find my money stash in the time it takes me to piss has my grudging admiration and I never have any camera or lap top or anything to steal so why fuck with it.

DRAWBACKS: I guess not getting the sitting area, but it made zero difference in my stay. Minibar could be a bit colder. Bathtub drained slowly, although not ridiculously so. One time they didn't leave me a fresh bottle of shampoo and maybe twice (I stayed 10 nights) they did not replace the half used bars with fresh ones but I think that is sort of stupid anyway. Poor radio reception could have been a mood killer the one longish session I did but that was with Maria the human vacuum cleaner and I would rather listen to her tongue vibrating on my dick than the radio anyway.

8 for quality, 9 for value. I would stay there again for sure. When I was checking out, the darker haired girl was checking me out and asked me how I enjoyed my stay. I said it was great. The lighter haired one butted in and said, "Well, you certainly weren't lonely!" with a big shit eating grin.

DH

ezy
01-21-03, 06:52
loco......yes, Design Suites is chica friendly. clean and safe. Location, slightly out of the center of action. Rooms smallish but stylish.

Saint
01-25-03, 02:03
I agree that the Design Suites is nice and the staff is the best. The only problems I've had there was that the walls are paper thin. I could hear the phone ringing in the next room and I could hear their conversations. As I posted back in November....the lady next to me could hear me every night. I'm sure I kept her up all night with my amigas.

Not good. Also, on several different occassions their internet connection downstairs was down. I was just there a few weeks ago visiting my friend and he kept typing long emails only to have the service go out. He was frustrated. But the staff there is great.

I've always used Mayri (mayra@argentinago.com) to book a room for me when I stayed there. She always got the best rates as I think she is personal friends with the owner of the hotel. Also, she booked several of my friends and one that had a problem she got him upgraded to one of the bigger rooms for no charge. She simply is the best in the business!

OttoGraham
02-06-03, 20:09
I covered this in my recent post in the Buenos Aires section, but it bears repeating that I was very happy with the everything about the accomodations at Hotel Dazzler, which I booked through travelocity.com.

Compared to the Etoile, it is like the Four Seasons.

-Uncle Otto

BeachBoy
02-06-03, 20:26
Uncle Otto,

Just sent an associate there based on the recommendations of yourself, DickHead and others. He is paying $30/day and reports it is top notch and very conveniently located for business in Centro.

Thanks,

BB

Guillermo
02-07-03, 03:38
Uncle Otto,

Dickhead seemed to be happy with the Dazzler as well. Sounds like a good place to stay, even if it's not in the heart of the action in Recoleta.

Can you comment on how "chica friendly" the Dazzler is. Any problems with bringing girls up to your room? Is there an extra charge? Do they limit you to 1 chica at a time?

Thanks,

Guillermo

Dickhead
02-07-03, 04:24
Glad to see we agree on that point, Otto! Guillermo, you should register for a double room and give a fake second name. When you check in, just say your friend was delayed (whether they ask or not, IMO). When I booked on Travelocity, there was no difference in the rate (1 vs. 2 persons) and it is nice to be able to have a guest at breakfast. I don't do TLN with hookers but I did meet a friend there so it came in handy. There were no extra charges. I never had more than one chica spend the night (you fucking pervert :)) so I can't say for sure but if you don't try to get more than two breakfasts and you don't cause any trouble, I would be VERY surprised if you have ANY problems. They have a great staff and advertise on their web site how great their training is and blah blah. The manager is anxious for business so if they flip you any shit (unlikely IMO) I would say look there are a lot of other hotels around here so if you have a problem with me bringing my niece and my niece's roommate from finishing school up to the room to play checkers, then I will stay elsewhere.

Also as I said the breakfasts there are great and you should eat a lot because you will definitely need to keep your strength up in this town. Everything else should stay up on its own.

I told Maria I would try to send her some business so make sure you fuck her (don't confuse Maria with Marta although if you run into Marta and want to fuck her too I don't give a rat's ass).

Octatron
02-07-03, 08:47
Iīm at the Dazzler computer while I type this.

I booked a double room, but there was not a need to place a phantom chicaīs name.

The beds are soft, and work quite well! For sleeping, and other activities that may, can, and will take place.

This morning I cleared the IE history, and I see now that somebody besides me has visited our humble forum. Who else is at the Dazzler now?

Iīve gone to Paraguay Y Florida, but have not met Maria yet. However there are girls in red shirts that are passing out flyers for some over priced gringo trap Iīm sure. All of them are cute, and are candiates for bedtime activities.

Guillermo
02-07-03, 14:45
Originally posted by Dickhead
I told Maria I would try to send her some business so make sure you fuck her (don't confuse Maria with Marta although if you run into Marta and want to fuck her too I don't give a rat's ass).

DH, I would love to fuck Maria. Can you give us some info regarding how to contact her (other than a street corner)? Also, some physically distinguishing characteristics would be helpful (aside from the fact that she's short and has long dark hair).

And I am not a pervert! I would just like to have sex with more than 1 woman at a time. Seems like a perfectly normal activity to me (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

Guillermo

OttoGraham
02-07-03, 14:56
Amigos,

If you're shy, checking in a chica can be a difficult experience, I know. As for the Dazzler (and in my experience the LoisSuites too, and the Etoile before that!), just bring your chica to the front desk with you, and say you want to register her as a guest. There will be no problems. Be a good gringo and tip the fellow 10 pesos while you're at it!

BTW I wouldn't say Dazzler is out of the action - it is about halfway between Microcentro (Cafe Orleans, Cutty Sark, Periplo, etc...) and Recoleta (Black, Madaho, etc...).

It's not the best hotel in BsAs, but it is the best value I have seen.

-Uncle Otto

Dickhead
02-07-03, 16:03
Originally posted by Guillermo
DH, I would love to fuck Maria. Can you give us some info regarding how to contact her (other than a street corner)? Also, some physically distinguishing characteristics would be helpful (aside from the fact that she's short and has long dark hair).

And I am not a pervert! I would just like to have sex with more than 1 woman at a time. Seems like a perfectly normal activity to me (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

Guillermo

Just kidding about the pervert thing. I say that about anything that I am not personally into. Maria is not short. Karen is short. Maria is quite tall for an Argentinian. She is about 5'6" if you are American and about 168 cm if you are not. Of course she will be wearing heels and with heels is taller than I am (I'm 5'7" plus a centimeter). She is 27 years old and is from Santiago del Estero province.

But physically distinguishing characteristics are a bit tough. There is nothing really outstanding. She has a very nice figure but it is not particularly buxom or hourglass. She has no Indian blood (i.e. a full criolla or Spanish descent) according to her and has naturally light skin BUT is a sun worshipper so is very tan. I would say a 34C with commensurate hips and just the right weight for her height. She has had one kid but has NO kid belly. She told me she typically starts work around 8 PM and that she has been working that stretch of Florida for I think she said nine months. She was on the south side by the newsstand handing out cards for some titty bar. That's about all I can tell you. Karen is easier to find because she is 150 cm (4-10" or 4-11") and has that flower schtick I talked about. But Karen has very little in the way of titties if that is an issue. They do know each other so if you find Karen she may be able to tell you if Maria has been around.

But neither has a cell phone or any other phone number which makes it hit or miss but also makes them more cost effective. I think I posted Maria asks 70 but actually it is 80. Karen is 70. I apologize for the error. I'm sure they'd go lower if you like to bargain (I don't).

Dickhead
02-07-03, 16:06
Originally posted by OttoGraham
Amigos,

If you're shy, checking in a chica can be a difficult experience, I know. As for the Dazzler (and in my experience the LoisSuites too, and the Etoile before that!), just bring your chica to the front desk with you, and say you want to register her as a guest. There will be no problems. Be a good gringo and tip the fellow 10 pesos while you're at it!

BTW I wouldn't say Dazzler is out of the action - it is about halfway between Microcentro (Cafe Orleans, Cutty Sark, Periplo, etc...) and Recoleta (Black, Madaho, etc...).

It's not the best hotel in BsAs, but it is the best value I have seen.

-Uncle Otto

As Otto says, it is your CHOICE but there is no need to register them and a couple told me they appreciated not having to do that. BTW I thought the Dazzler bed was on the firm side and not soft as Octaron posted. I like a firm bed but the important thing is the beds are not LUMPY.

PS: How much are guys paying at the Dazzler?

Octatron
02-08-03, 21:35
Last night, or more like this morning when I went to sleep. I did make an observation that my bed at the Dazzler was not that soft really. But it was not that firm either. In any case the beds have not given me any concerns to find another hotel. Sorry I brought that up!

I booked the room through Mayra, so I`m paying USD $32.00 per night. I saw that somebody got a room for USD $25.00 per night. Butr seven bucks for me is no big deal.

I must add that the location of the Dazzler is great. You are only a five minute walk to the Suipacha. Thatīs where Cook, Cutty Sark, Ness, and many more clubs are. Even though I was not that impressed with any of them really. Another three minutes your at Florida where you can take back Maria for some "Fast Food" sex, and a great BBBJ!

Guillermo
02-08-03, 23:28
octatron,

I've been checking out the Dazzler on the internet. Did you get one of the rooms with the king bed? That may account for the extra $$.

Also, do the rooms there have a safe in the room, or do you have to use the safe deposit boxes at the front desk?

Can't wait to hear about your encounter with Maria. Maybe you could, like, catch a street address nearby where she hangs out.

thanks,

Guillermo

Elvis
02-10-03, 04:46
Has anyone tried out the Broadway All Suites ? I got it for $36 p/night and it does seems like a good hotel

seoulmac
02-17-03, 22:55
Will be in BA this week Feb. 19-24. Which would be best hotel options in the center of the action and with amenities- gym, pool, comfort?

Also, how easy are airport transfers, is it far? Taxi or shuttle cost?

Dickhead
02-18-03, 01:02
Taxi from the airport is 35 pesos or $11.15 at yesterday's exchange rate of 3.14. Takes 30-40 minutes. For your return trip, you can get it a bit cheaper from some of the places in town. I got my return trip for 28 pesos.

Hefe
02-18-03, 03:21
I tried Broadway suites. It is pretty nice. They are cheap and include a transfer to the hotel if you book at the airport. They allow you to bring guests with no problem.
thanks

EZE_Amante
02-18-03, 04:51
Seoumac,

I have usually used pre-arranged transfers from the airport through Mayra, but I accidentally (sort of) missed one of my flights, and the ticket agent recommended Manuel (something) service that has a booth in the airport. You get on a large comfortable bus that takes you downtown, then they transfer you and your bags to a small van that delivers you to your hotel at a cost of 10 pesos total. This is the service the flight crews use, and I had the pleasure of sitting by a cute little brunette attendant for the ride in town. It took about 20 minutes longer than my usual transfers that cost around 50p.

Dickhead
02-18-03, 14:29
OK, Eze_Amante, I will try that next month. I am into saving pesos. You are saying the name of the service is Manuel "something," right? Not some guy named Manuel?

Anybody able to recommend a gym near the microcenter? I need one where I can do both weights and cardio. Sauna and so forth is not important to me.

staticicon
02-18-03, 16:04
Hey Hombres,

I am an argentine living in BA.
Need a favour from any of you coming down here these days.

I need a couple of books that can not find here.
Would anyone buy it for me in the US ??

Will be glad to give you a tour through BA scene in return.

Email me: staticicon@latinmail.com

Dickhead,

The bus company name is MANUEL TIENDA LEON.

I recommend you the gym LE PARK in San Martin 645

Saint
02-18-03, 20:32
Speaking of taxi's and cost of transportation back to the airport. Just call Premium Radio Taxi when going back to the airport. When you get in the cab before he turns on the meter just tell him that you're going to the International Airport and you know it's 25 pesos. He will gladly take you for 25 pesos in exchange for not turning on the meter. All the Premium Radio Taxi's are new and air-conditioned.

Usually I take a private car but last trip I was going to Rio a few times and it was just as easy to call Premium Radio Taxi. They are very quick and dependable and safe. They charge same price as regular taxi's.

Good luck.

P.S. Their local phone number in BA is: 5238-0000 or 4374-6666

http://www.taxipremium.com/

Boy in Lima
02-19-03, 17:22
I am about to rent an apartment in the www.ByTArgentina.com website. I'd like to know if some of you have had previous experiences dealing with ByTArgentina.com and overall going through the experince of renting an apartment in a foreign country.What precautions should i take?

I choose no to go for the hotel option because of cost and all the problem and embarrasment of registering girls on front desk.On the other side it seems Palermo zone is a nice & secure zone for an apartment. Isn't it?

Comments?

SomeboyinLima

Saint
02-24-03, 21:17
SomeboyinLima,

It's fairly easy to rent an apartment in Buenos Aires for a short term stay. It would be helpful if the staff spoke English. I'm hearing from some guys that are renting from locals that speak little to ZERO English and they are having problems communicating. Also, one guy rented a place and had a pipe break and the owner didn't understand him and it took a while. I'd recommend renting from either an American or someone that is fluent there.

Either that or use someone like Roxanna that can help you. I have just been notified that my webpage for my apartments is finally up. I haven't really been renting it out to many hobbyists. I've done fairly well keeping it busy with friends and businessmen. Here is the link below if anyone is interested in renting a great apartment in the Recoleta area:

http://www.apartmentsba.net

Good luck.

Boy in Lima
03-06-03, 16:57
Doing 2 chickas every day..how many times did you ask for cleaning your room in your hotel? :) or you paid for extra cleaning service...?

Someboyinlima

Boy in Lima
03-06-03, 21:14
Going to BsAs in April
Has anyone rented an apartment with BytArgentina.com? I tried but they were very kind of severe with the fact that you should register ANY guest in the apartment. They even recomend me an apart hotel, hahaha. I'm in search of another apartment, probably in Suipacha. Any comments on this zone?

Someboyinlima

Guillermo
03-09-03, 16:39
Dickhead,

If you remember, when you stayed at the Dazzler, last time you were in BA, did they have safes in the rooms?

Thanks,

Guillermo

OttoGraham
03-09-03, 16:49
Originally posted by Guillermo
Dickhead,

If you remember, when you stayed at the Dazzler, last time you were in BA, did they have safes in the rooms?

Thanks,

Guillermo

I don't remember there being a safe in my room at the Dazzler. However, there is a safe-deposit box downstairs with the reception desk. Why not use that? Simply get a signed receipt showing what you are depositing, and there will be no problems. The staff there is very professional, in my estimation.

-Uncle Otto

OttoGraham
03-09-03, 16:53
Originally posted by someboyinlima
Doing 2 chickas every day..how many times did you ask for cleaning your room in your hotel? :) or you paid for extra cleaning service...?

Someboyinlima

I doubt that you'll be able to easily convince the housekeeping staff to change your linens every time you have a chica through the course of a day. However, in the past I have never had any problems locating a chambermaid on the first morning of my stay, giving a tip, and asking nicely that my linens be changed every day when they make up the room. Of course, nothing is stopping you from asking the chambermaids to do an extra round of linens every few hours, heh heh heh - just be sure to tip them when you ask.

I don't necessarily do this because of doing chicas, but because I think one of the nice luxuries of staying in a hotel is sleeping in clean, starched sheets every day.

-Uncle Otto

JustGotBack
03-10-03, 03:58
Has anyone stayed at the Cristoforo Colombo Suites near Palermo? It's rather inexpensive at $23 a night right now. It's supposed to be a 4 star. My big question is are they girl friendly? Would someone in BA right now mind calling and asking?

I found the number, it's (54 1) 147784900.

thank you

Dickhead
03-11-03, 01:26
The beds at the Bisonte Palace suck and I am back at the Dazzler. Uncle Otto is correct; no in room safes.

DH

Boy in Lima
03-11-03, 16:54
To Dickhead:

Since you stated you were in an apartment in Suipacha, did you keep your money in the apartment, or you were safely carrying money all the time?

Thanks,

Someboyinlima

Dickhead
03-16-03, 20:07
I was in a hotel, not an apartment. I don't trust or use hotel safes. I carry my money on my person, and use ATMs to replenish as necessary. This trip I didn't spend much money so the $500 US I brought lasted the whole six days and I never had to hit an ATM. Had $70-$80 left when the trip was over, in fact.

JustGotBack
03-16-03, 22:34
I was in a hotel, not an apartment. I don't trust or use hotel safes. I carry my money on my person, and use ATMs to replenish as necessary. This trip I didn't spend much money so the $500 US I brought lasted the whole six days and I never had to hit an ATM. Had $70-$80 left when the trip was over, in fact.

Wow!!! I usually spend about $1000-$2000 a week and Iīm trying to be cheap. You must negoitiate a lot better than me.

Dickhead
03-16-03, 23:10
Well, getting laid for free twice a day helped. Being sick helped some more. Also, to clarify, that did not include hotels ($255.52 US for six nights including phone calls and minibar, which I paid by credit card). I only did three paid sessions: 100 pesos, $40 US, $45 US respectively. Flight was free too. Only bought a few small gifts since my amigovia made several gifts for my women friends and I never bother to give gifts to my guy friends.

But really, I spent even less. The biggest single expense was 169 pesos for materials for a leather jacket my amigovia is making for a friend of mine here in the US, and that friend will reimburse me if and when the amigovia ever finishes it. She said she could make it in six days but I think she forgot about how much time she was going to spend fucking me, plus we went on one day trip to Lujan and spent another whole day at the prison. She finished the exterior and had the lining cut but still needs to cut the pockets, sew in the lining, and put in the zipper. Oh well. Shit happens and my friend here wants it for the fall and not the summer anyway.

Tman777
03-19-03, 19:48
I'll be in BA at the end of May. On my last trip I stayed at ArtSuites and it was a very nice experience. Now, though, their rates seem quite high--particularly for the two bedroom--like US 108 plus VAT.

I'm looking at Parera156 apartments as mentioned by DCRAIN in an earlier post. I presume they were guest friendly, but I would like some confirmation of that. Perhaps James Bond can reply.
They look great and the location also looks good.

If anyone would like to get together about April 30th, just drop me a line at Travelman777@yahoo.com. This will be my third trip to BA.

JamesBond69
03-19-03, 19:59
Originally posted by Tman777
I'll be in BA at the end of May. On my last trip I stayed at ArtSuites and it was a very nice experience. Now, though, their rates seem quite high--particularly for the two bedroom--like US 108 plus VAT.

I'm looking at Parera156 apartments as mentioned by DCRAIN in an earlier post. I presume they were guest friendly, but I would like some confirmation of that. Perhaps James Bond can reply.
They look great and the location also looks good.

If anyone would like to get together about April 30th, just drop me a line at Travelman777@yahoo.com. This will be my third trip to BA.

Parea 156 is chica friendly. Of course I didn't do any extensive internet chica activity - just one at a time - but I think there should be no problem.

Depending on the current rates - I paid $80 for the two bedroom apt - it's really nice, a good alternative to Art Suites: NIce location, about two blocks from Shampoo, three from Blacks, five from the Recoleta clubs by the cemetary.

My second choice after Hotel Etoile, which has the best location of all.

JustGotBack
03-19-03, 20:09
May I suggest Apart Recoleta. It's around the corner from Etoile and across the street from Affaire. Location wise it doesn't get better. I'm staying there now. You basically rent a studio apartment. There aren't any pots or pans so bring your own if you plan on cooking. Breakfast goes until 1 unlike the 11 am places. You can bring your chicas in at will. Like I said it's an apartment building. There are some real apartment resident's there. They have the ones without the key card doors. The only thing the security guard will do when you bring in 3 or 4 chicas at a time is give you a wink. I did see him check out one of my chicas while we were standing by the elevator. Highly Recommended. $55(USD) a night if you book by Travelocity. $45(USD) if you just show up and ask. They have a sign there that says it's $95(USD) but just ignore that.

ElKarl
03-19-03, 21:46
Great info Justgotback, do you know the name of the place ( apartments ) , and where in travelocity did you find that hotel,? I am trying to find hotels in argentina ( in travelocity ) but I can't find them.

Later

Tman777
03-19-03, 22:30
Originally posted by justgotback
May I suggest Apart Recoleta. It's around the corner from Etoile and across the street from Affaire. Location wise it doesn't get better. I'm staying there now. You basically rent a studio apartment. There aren't any pots or pans so bring your own if you plan on cooking. Breakfast goes until 1 unlike the 11 am places. You can bring your chicas in at will. Like I said it's an apartment building. There are some real apartment resident's there. They have the ones without the key card doors. The only thing the security guard will do when you bring in 3 or 4 chicas at a time is give you a wink. I did see him check out one of my chicas while we were standing by the elevator. Highly Recommended. $55(USD) a night if you book by Travelocity. $45(USD) if you just show up and ask. They have a sign there that says it's $95(USD) but just ignore that.

The Apart Recoleta sounds like a great location, but I need space. A studio probably won't do it. Do they have larger apartments available? Also, are they nice? Like 4 star nice? Quality furnishings and nice, large, clean bathrooms? I'm looking for the quality or ArtSuites, just a little less expensive.

Thanks for the quick feedback--you too, James Bond. I hope we can meet while in BA. Right now the California weather is warming up and that makes me think---SOUTH AMERICA.

Dboy
03-20-03, 03:05
I've been meaning to post this in Jackson's new "Apartments" section, but now I can't for some reason.

In December, JohnGuapo99, stayed in an apartment on Ayacucho, directly behind the Etoile Hotel. On his recommendation, I called the same woman, Paz. She rented me an apartment one block away, exactly across the street from Blacks!

Very spacious, full kitchen with amentities, balcony, boom box, cable, total freedom (but no late night noise allowed), maid twice a week, free pick up from the airport, nice woman. She represents lots of properties in Recoleta.

About US$35/nite or US$200/week. Phone is extra.

email her at housingba@aol.com

Her English is good and she's very responsive.

JustGotBack
03-20-03, 15:19
Originally posted by ElKarl
Great info Justgotback, do you know the name of the place ( apartments ) , and where in travelocity did you find that hotel,? I am trying to find hotels in argentina ( in travelocity ) but I can't find them.

Later

I think the official name of the place is Apart Recoleta Hotel. Just look for the key words Apart Recoleta. The last time I checked Travelocity the rates started at $55 so that's another clue. The address is Guido 1948 and their number is (54-11) 4801-8993. The website is www.apartrecoleta.com.ar and email is hotel@apartrecoleta.com.ar.

JustGotBack
03-20-03, 15:24
Originally posted by Tman777
The Apart Recoleta sounds like a great location, but I need space. A studio probably won't do it. Do they have larger apartments available? Also, are they nice? Like 4 star nice? Quality furnishings and nice, large, clean bathrooms? I'm looking for the quality or ArtSuites, just a little less expensive.

Thanks for the quick feedback--you too, James Bond. I hope we can meet while in BA. Right now the California weather is warming up and that makes me think---SOUTH AMERICA.

Oh, they have bigger apartments. But being the cheap bastard I am, I went with the cheapest place. I think their biggest place is 3 times the size of my room with 3 rooms. They're a 4 star. Having never been to ArtSuites, I can't compare. But if etoile is a 5 star, than this place is definitely a 4 star. I posted the website in my other response. They have apartment descriptions as well as pictures.

OttoGraham
03-20-03, 15:37
It's been a while since I took a swipe at the Etoile, so since it's been described here as a 5-star hotel, let's roll....

Etoile is a chica-friendly, slightly-run down, 3-star hotel with the worst beds in the world. Its chief characteristic that makes it worth considering is its location adjacent to the Recoleta Cemetery. Rooms there ran me about US$40 last year.

I stayed at Lois Suites last year, it is a high-quality 4-star hotel in almost the same location. Expect to pay US$125. The only reason it is not a five-star is that it doesn't have its own restaurants, bars, and clubs, as say, the Alvear Palace.

Yet with all this, there's no way I am going to stay anywhere else than the Dazzler Hotel, which is slightly less qlam than the Lois Suites, free breakfast buffet, extremely comfortable beds, maybe 850 yards away from the Recoleta Cemetery (and the same distance from the downtown Microcentro clubs). And for a price of only US$37 a night.......

-Uncle Otto

JPF
03-20-03, 18:30
I keep on reading about the bad beds at the Etoile but I had a different experience. I stayed in an executive suite and had a large (double, I think) bed and it was quite comfortable. I have a bad back and beds that are too soft leave me in pain. This one was not overly firm but good enough for me and my back felt fine. So, like women, YMMV with the beds at the Etoile.

BA_Robert
03-20-03, 18:41
The beds at the Etoile are nice. Nothing wrong with them at all.

BA_ROBERT

JamesBond69
03-20-03, 18:49
Originally posted by BA_ROBERT
The beds at the Etoile are nice. Nothing wrong with them at all.

BA_ROBERT

The only problem with the beds at the Etoile is that they do make a lot of noise. One chica interrupted a session and put the mattress on the floor.

As far as hardness I didn't have any problems like Otto. I really recommend the Etoile. The location couldn't be better, the price is reasonable and chica friendly although you can't bring in two chicas at one time. If you are into threesomes the Etoile is not for you. Your best bet is an apartment.

JustGotBack
03-20-03, 19:49
Just one other thing I'd like to add about Apart Recoletta. I'm leaving tomorrow so I asked them when checkout is. They said 2 pm. That's late by anyone's standard. But then she asked me when my flight is. I said 10 pm. She said I could stay until then at no additional charge. Just stop by at 2 pm so they could reprogram my card. I love this place.

I agree, the beds at Etoile are fine. I've never had a problem with them.

OutoftheGame
03-21-03, 09:17
TMAN777
When I stayed in BA last month me and my buddy had the 8th floor Apt in Parera 156. If I was going alone would of stayed at a hotel but with 2 of us the apt seemed to be a great deal. We paid $70 a night and the place is huge. His room was down on the opposite end of the apt from mine, it has a nice little balcony, washer, and a maid came by daily. The only thing I wish it had was a stereo system. By the way it was nice to have the washer in the room but for the time and effort I would recommend walking down Quintanna to Montiviedo turn right and just past the magazine stand is a laundry service. The lady speaks fairly good English and it is very cheap to get your clothes cleaned and she can sometimes have them back to you the same day. One other thing as far as the girl policy at the Apt. They have a doorman their from 6am till 9:30pm so most of the time when I brought a chica back no one would know, and the few times I did see them nothing was said at all. Hope this helps.

OutoftheGame
03-21-03, 09:17
TMAN777
When I stayed in BA last month me and my buddy had the 8th floor Apt in Parera 156. If I was going alone would of stayed at a hotel but with 2 of us the apt seemed to be a great deal. We paid $70 a night and the place is huge. His room was down on the opposite end of the apt from mine, it has a nice little balcony, washer, and a maid came by daily. The only thing I wish it had was a stereo system. By the way it was nice to have the washer in the room but for the time and effort I would recommend walking down Quintanna to Montiviedo turn right and just past the magazine stand is a laundry service. The lady speaks fairly good English and it is very cheap to get your clothes cleaned and she can sometimes have them back to you the same day. One other thing as far as the girl policy at the Apt. They have a doorman their from 6am till 9:30pm so most of the time when I brought a chica back no one would know, and the few times I did see them nothing was said at all. Hope this helps.

Tman777
03-21-03, 16:19
Originally posted by outofthegame
TMAN777

OK, that does help a lot. Thanks to all you responders. The 1,800 sq ft apartment at Parera looks like it will be good for me.
I hope I can meet up with a few of you when I'm there May 1st through 5th. I'll be in Rio for the six days before that, so there's another opportunity to meet.

Yeah Baby
03-23-03, 15:24
Hi Guys, Argentina is now in high season. Tried to book one of the apartments that Dboy mentioned in his report for the third week in April and there already taken. Fortunately, I was able to reserve a room in my favorite hotel, the Dazzler. Don't wait too long to book your rooms if your going down soon. Make sure you have a good pad to shagg at.

MarcoMan
04-01-03, 05:05
Hope this info can be usefull.
I anticipate I haven't read all the posting in this section, if the info is redundant please ignore.

It should probably by posted on the apartment forum but the section does not allow any new message.

In recent weeks I have done some research on the internet for hotel rates and apartments.

While the Dazzler is still very affordable (around 50 usd), Etoile advertise tarifs over 100 usd.

Probably it's not a big issue if your trip is around a week long, but I had to look for something cheaper (I will be staying for almost a month).

I have found these two websites:

http://apartmentsbuenosaires.com

www.buenosairesapartments.com

They both offer a good selection og nice looking apartments for very reasonable prices starting from 35 usd dayly / 420 monthly for a modern studio in Recoleta, taxes and commision included.

They reply to emails quickly and in english. The only Hassle is you have to make a money transfer for the 20% deposit they ask in advance. They do NOT accept cards.

I'll post some feed back as soon as I'm on the ground (5 days left)

OttoGraham
04-01-03, 15:40
One of the advantages of visiting BsAs as many times as I have, is the opportunity to meet interesting people from all walks of life.

I would encourage anybody contemplating a trip to BsAs who needs help with hotel or apartment accomodations to contact Mayra from www.argentinago.com

She is certainly NOT a provider, but she IS a helpful, well-informed young woman with contacts at most hotels in BsAs. She can get you the best rates, and I wholeheartedly recommend her to my fellow posters.

-Uncle Otto

HappyGoLucky
04-16-03, 17:40
For those seeking an apartment, I can recommend a very nice lady by the name of Paz. She rents approximately 40 - 50 apartments within a range of $500US to $1600US per month. Her e-mail address is housingba@aol.com and her local number is 4825-7109 or 4826-6956. She is very accomodating and with enough notice will try hard to work within your budget. She will also send pictures of the apartments if you request them. Tell her Happygolucky sent ya!

Buen Suerte!

HummerLover
04-20-03, 21:04
Fellow Hobbyist,

I just returned from my first trip to Buenos Aires and I would like to share some of my observations that might be helpful for a first time visitor.

I stayed at the Dazzler hotel at 902 Libertad at the corner of Paraguay. The hotel is very close to Sante Fe Ave and the business / financial district. Although this area seemed completely safe at all times, it lacked the energy of Recoleta. The room itself was clean but extremely small, not normally a problem but the room felt a little claustrophobic after spending the first couple of days with back-to-back Internet appointments. The staff was always friendly and there were no problems bringing Chicas up to the room. I made my reservation through Mayri who arranged a rate of 35U$D/night plus the hefty 20% VAT. I recommend her services.

However I ran into a problem that other members of this board have previously reported. The staff at the front desk tried to overcharge me on two separate occasions. During the check-in process the front-desk staff did not confirm my daily rate as is standard at most hotels in the US, because of this excellent forum I was cognizant of the possibility that they were going to attempt to charge more than my reserved price at check-out. So the next morning when I wasn’t in a rush to get started with the first Chica appointment as I had been at check-in, I enquired as to the rate that I would be charged. They attempted to charge me more than the agreed upon rate of 35U$D/night, luckily I contacted Mayri who resolved the issue on my behalf. The second time they tried to over charge me was for a late check-out. United’s flights for the US depart around 9:00 PM which makes a noon check-out rather inconvenient. I had enquired via email if a late check-out would be available and what the additional charge would be. The Dazzler staff responded via email saying that late check-out was on a space available basis only but that there would not be an additional charge. As it turned out, the front desk tried to charge me for an entire additional night. Luckily I had a copy of the email where they offered the late check-out at no additional cost. The bottom line is that you had better bring written confirmation on your reserved price and any arrangements for late check-out.

This is another prime example of how this board gives the traveling hobbyist the information he needs to avoid being cheated, mucho gracious Jackson!

At this point I think that I would reiterate something that has been posted here before, if you are going to be in BA for more than 5-7 days, I would recommend that hobbyist rent an apartment rather than staying in a hotel. Part of the reason that I elected to stay in the hotel was that I thought that I would want some assistance with choosing restaurants and shopping locations. As it turned out the Dazzler did not provide this type of traveler assistance, luckily Jackson and Roxanne stepped up when I needed some advice.

OttoGraham
04-22-03, 17:04
Mayra

Let me echo HummerLover's last post - your Uncle Otto also stayed at the Dazzler on his most recent trip, and made his reservations through Mayra (or is it Mayri??? - she goes by both!).

Thumbs up to both, especially for Mayra getting me into the Dazzler on days in which the place was already at 100% occupancy.

-Uncle Otto

Saint
05-06-03, 14:19
I've been singing the praises of the great job Mayri does for over a year now. She is simply the best at getting hotels and apartments for a good price. She recently helped a good friend get a Suite at the Loi Suites in Recoleta. He saved about $40 US a night by getting her discounted rate rather than going through the hotel.

Incidentally she is also the one that helps me with my apartments in Buenos Aires and she is simply the best. As Otto mentioned, it's good to have good contacts in Buenos Aires. People like her, Roxanna and Jackson are good people to know in Buenos Aires. Just think...... between the three of them you can find a comfortable place to stay, get your transportation arranged from/to the airport, rent a cellphone, find a totally hot girl, schedule a totally hot girl and have someone to go to the clubs with at night.

Have fun everyone. Good luck.

Saint

Roxanna's Email: roxanainba@gmail.com

Starfe
05-18-03, 22:12
For the helpless traveler out there:

For those looking for a great hotel with a fantastic rate you must let Mayri book you into the Loisuites in Recoleta. I should have posted this as soon as I got back a month ago .

If you speak "nada" spanish and need a very helpful staff to book appt's at all hours of the night this hotel has it all. If comfort creatures are apart of your life then you found the right place to put your head down on a few very soft feather pillows. If you run 4 women out of your room a day ( for 7 straight days ) and need plenty of maid service, you found the right place. If you need a front desk staff to keep phone #'s of each and every girl, you found the right place. They kept better appt records then I ever could. Tipping is "PERMITTED"

If you like breakfast in the morning: A+

Starfe

Starfe
05-18-03, 22:46
Helpless traveler ,

On my last stay, Roxana was out of town until my second to last day which was her birthday bash. If she was in town I would have given her all my business.

Starfe

Traveler0099
05-19-03, 19:17
I asked Mayri to find me a hotel with high-speed Internet access and a LARGE bed (I am 6'5"), and she came through with flying colors!!

Hotel Murano is right on the main drag in BA, Avenida Nueve de Julio, about 3-4 blocks from the obelisk. The hotel opened in February and I was the first monger that Mayri had booked into this hotel.

At $83 USD (2nd of 4 tiers of prices), it is not exactly for the budget-minded, but with free, plug & play DSL speed Internet access, AND a king-sized bed, and a bathroom with jacuzzi, it was heaven for me.

Bonus: It is literally around the corner from all the great places on Suipacha Street -- Hooks, Ness, and Gattos.

A taxi ride to the heart of Recoleta never cost me more than 3 pesos and to Puerto Madera it was about 5 pesos.

Hotel did make the young lady sign in, but as I saw her four nights in a row, she was asked for her ID only the first night.

Highly recommended!

Judd
05-25-03, 02:35
Budget minded mongers might like the apartment I recently rented. Overall, I would recommend the place but it does have some drawbacks. The apartment can be found on aloargentina.com. Look for the studio apartment with the red sofas in the Recoleta Section. Cost was $400us for one month plus a ten percent commission fee(about 15 bucks a day). The cost goes up a little if renting by the day or week but you need to check the site for more specific info. Upon arrival, they require a $300us deposit. You will also sign a document which basically details the agreed upon price, the amount of time you are staying and the cost to replace items if found broken or missing. I received my full deposit back the day I left.
THE POSITIVES:
-This is probably a given, but they do speak English at Alo.
-Outstanding location, you are a stoneīs throw away from Madahos and Playwoman.
-Next to the apartment is a laundry mat, convenience store, and a gym. There is an internet locutorio thatīs one block away.
-A two minute walk gets you to the Recoleta Village home to Newportīs Pub and many excellent restaurants.
-Doormen are cool about the chica scene.
-Weekly maid service included but xtra if needed for more days.
-Although itīs only a studio, thereīs still plenty of legroom.
-The process for renting the apartment from Alo was really easy, and they didnīt put any restrictions on how many people I could bring to the place. I heard this was a problem with other rental agencies.
THE NEGATIVES:
-BYOP (Bring your own Porn)
-Small refrigerator made it hard to stockpile beer champagne etc,.
-Many days I played beat the clock with having a hot shower. You have about 7 to 8 minutes before it starts to get cold.
-The two loveseats, though comfortable, always had little feathers coming out of the pillows.
-Bed is only full size. Makes it a challenge to have a 3 some.
-Only have 2 towels to last entire week.
-The phone was a pain in the ass to use. You could only make local calls and not to a cell phone which required the use of calling card. At the first of the month, the phone could not be used at all because the owner did not pay some sorta fee. The lady at Alo did note the problem.
-Couldnīt figure out how to work the AC/Heater.
-The apartment faces the street so itīs quite noisy. Since there are about 3 pubs closeby, many young partygoers hoot n holler til all hours of the night.
-Every morning around 9:00am people would tie up there dogs for the local dog walker across across the street. I wanted to put a hit out on this one black lab whose piercing bark would knock me out of bed nearly every morning. Normally it wouldnīt be a bad wake up call. However, I wasnīt hitting the sack until 7:00am.

Will probably rent the apartment again in the future.

Late,
Judd

TicToc
06-03-03, 18:26
Does anyone know if the NH Latino Hotel is chica friendly? This is where I am booked by my BA office for an upcoming trip.

Thanks in advance

MeGustaBoliches
06-04-03, 17:17
Tic Toc, I have never stayed in the NH Latino, but the other NH Hotels in town are chica friendly....some hotels require you to register and pay as a double if you plan to take chicas to your room.....so you may want to check......

FWIW, the NH hotels are among the most stylish digs in Buenos Aires...though by no means the most expensive. I would say your company has done well by you.....

enjoy

BA_Robert
06-11-03, 22:42
Been in touch with the manger at the Hotel Etoile. It seems that the special prices currently run at:

Standard room: 154+vat
Executive Suite: 170+vat
Diplomatic Suite: 198+vat

Prices per room (sgl or dbl) per night and rates in pesos of course. Includes breakfast buffet and health club with swimming pool as usual.

Jaimito Cartero
06-12-03, 00:06
I checked in the Dazzler yesterday, and the first room I got had a moderately lumpy and super soft bed. Maybe some people like these kind of beds, but not me.

They were pretty quick about getting me a new room, with a decent bed. I did have to have an employee come up and show me the magic place on the headboard that you have to push to have the tv work.

Someone mentioned that the Dazzler has the worst breakfast. Iīd disagree with that by far. While itīs nothing Iīd pay more than $5 US for, itīs leaps and bounds better than you get at most US hotels.

Like most US hotels, they've taken the "lets make our profit by charging way too much for all phone calls". 40 cents a minute for local, and $1 a minute cell phone calls.

Other than that, everything is good so far.

Balul
06-12-03, 14:04
I stayed for 2 days in the Lancaster hotel, and then moved to an apartment.

Lancaster hotel: It's rated 4* hotel, but it shouldn't be more than 3*. I can't say it's a bad hotel, but it's nothing more than ok. The price is 145 AR$ for a double room (In www.terramagica.com, its only 32 US$). I didn't invite girls to my room, but I don't think it will be a problem in this hotel. The rooms are quite small, and the stuff doesn't speak good English. Breakfast is ok, but it's not a buffet, you get everything to yout table.

I can't recommend this hotel, although it's not bad. If you are looking for a hotel, I think you better compare Lancaster's price with 3* hotel prices, and don't consider it as a cheap 4* hotel.

Apartment: My apartment was in Viamonte and Suipacha (Viamonte 845). The good thing about it was the price: 210 AR$ for one week (30 AR$ for a day). The place itself is secured, and you can rent a tv for 6AR$ a day. The place is clean, but most of the apartment looks old, and the place in general doesn't look impressive. The location is ok, near the city centre, and a very short taxi drive to Recoleta. they have an internet site: www.departour.com.ar

Don Busch
06-12-03, 20:27
Hi,

I have been in contact with Art Suites recently for my upcoming B.A trip and have just got an email from them saying that all guest have to be registered. Does anyone know if Art Suites has recently changed their guest policy? I had assumed from past posts that Art Suites had a hassle-free guest policy with no chica registration of any kind.

DB

Jaimito Cartero
06-19-03, 09:13
A couple of notes about the Dazzler. Overall, I'd rate them as good. However, as others have noted, they may charge extra for some stuff.

When I checked in, I asked about a late checkout on Tuesday. The lady said no problem. The day before I leave, they call and ask what time I'm checking out. They then insist on 1/2 days payment for staying until 3pm. No thanks.

They also give you a bad exchange rate for the room. Quoted in dollars, but converted to pesos at about an 8-10% loss.

No guest charges, and they were always polite when the girls came up. (They always asked for ID, even when I tried to slip them into the elevator).

I'd recommend getting a higher room to keep some of the traffic noise away. If your door is right next to the elevator, you'll hear it every time it opens on your floor.

I only ate breakfast one time, so I wouldn't book a double for chicas unless you know you'll be up while they're serving.

If you need clothes cleaned, there's a good place one block away (800 block of Libertad), same side of street. 7 pesos for a basket load, wash, dry and fold. It's just before the market right on the corner. (Lavaya or something, I think it's called). 2 hour service, no extra charge.

Mickey Mouse
06-23-03, 17:54
An Alternative for you to check out:

GrandBoulevardHotel.com

Only 1 year old excellent hotel w/ Great Beds (sorry Etoile) & all ameneties; Taxi is 4 pesos to Recoleta; 3 pesos to Puerta Madera
Corparate: rate (they will give it to you)
Standard Room: 113 pesos incl. all taxes & Breakfast
Suite w/ jacuzzi: 199 pesos incl. all taxes & breakfast
Let me know if you need a reference

BA_Robert
06-29-03, 10:33
Is the Grand Boulevard Hotel chica friendly?

BA_ROBERT

OttoGraham
06-30-03, 11:24
Dazzler Report

Dazzler is still my preferred place to stay in Buenos Aires. I suggest booking a room on the 10th floor (or higher), facing the park. This reduces street noise and gives you a spectacular view of the Buenos Aires skyline.

Price was the same as has been for a while, US$35, plus 21% tax, total about US$42. Late checkout was $12.50 extra, but would have been a bargain even if they charged the full day's rate, as there are few international flights leaving EZE early in the day. Bed normal, room spotlessly clean, out the door occasionally a little noisy, walls a tad thin, free tasty breakfast. No real worries for me.

As always I booked through Mayra at www.argentinago.com. She got me in even though it was full.

-Uncle Otto

Dickhead
07-04-03, 13:10
Originally posted by Balul
Apartment: My apartment was in Viamonte and Suipacha (Viamonte 845). The good thing about it was the price: 210 AR$ for one week (30 AR$ for a day). The place itself is secured, and you can rent a tv for 6AR$ a day. The place is clean, but most of the apartment looks old, and the place in general doesn't look impressive. The location is ok, near the city centre, and a very short taxi drive to Recoleta. they have an internet site: www.departour.com.ar

That is not the right web address.

Balul
07-06-03, 12:14
That is not the right web address.
Yes, I checked it not and it doesnīt work. But this is the site they wrote on their prospect.

Their e-mail suppose to be departour@ciudad.com.ar , but I didnīt try it either.

Anyway the apartment you found in Avenida De Mayo sounds better. If it wonīt be available in the end, you can just go to Viamonte 845, 4 floor, and ask for Marcela (the office is, strangely, inside the gym).

Maybe youīll meet me there, as Iīm going to be there from tomorrow :) Only thing that worries me there is that there is no heating system, so it might be too cold now.

Dickhead
07-07-03, 11:46
Upon checking out of the Marbella, I give it high marks for value if you beleive as I do that value is quality divided by price. A single is 42 pesos and add 12 pesos for each additional person. Breakfast is pretty minimal, medialunas, toast, and coffee. The room doors don't have any type of dead bolt. Internet is free but I wasn't able to log into anything, only surf. Staff is very friendly. I don't know WTF that stuff about backpackers was; I didn't see any. Lots of Argentinians staying there. Cable TV with many channels and the bed was excellent.