PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phones with Spanish / English Dictionaries

AllIWantIsLove
05-07-10, 15:13
I know that there are Spanish / English dictionaries which work on some cellphones. But I am finding it difficult to find the right combination. I'd like a cellphone with a SIM chip and a QUERTY "keyboard" - and it'd be nice if I could enter the accented characters. And I'd like a dictionary that recognizes that, for example, vas is a form of ir and veces is a form of vez, and that can conjugate verbs.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

AllIWantIsLove

Damman
05-07-10, 16:30
I know that there are Spanish / English dictionaries which work on some cellphones. But I am finding it difficult to find the right combination. I'd like a cellphone with a SIM chip and a QUERTY "keyboard" - and it'd be nice if I could enter the accented characters. And I'd like a dictionary that recognizes that, for example, vas is a form of ir and veces is a form of vez, and that can conjugate verbs.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

AllIWantIsLoveGoogle just came out with this app for android phone. Do not know how good it is, but looks kind of trick. Point the camera at the text and will translate.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetreviews/google-updates-google-goggles-app-with-language-translation/14502

Wild Walleye
05-07-10, 20:46

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

AllIWantIsLoveThere are APs for iphone, droid (as you pointed out) and blackberry (look at bbtran or Navita) I am going to try the demo version of "Speak Spanish Translator" on my smartphone and see how it goes (gives an audible translation)

Miami Bob
06-29-10, 14:17
I'm currently using blackberry in the USA and considering switch to Android incredible on verizon. Android will not have any type of service in Argentina.

I don't particularly want to take my usa business cell into a privado or telo. Might it make sensed to buy a hand-held translation machine? Does anyone have any recomendations.

My spanish is sufficient, but it would be nice to have. I would rather place a us$100 machine at risk than my usa business cell. I would also like something to use in Germany and Brazil.

Where I am language challenged.