PDA

View Full Version : Too hot for Citibank

Esten
06-04-10, 03:45
This was definately the most interesting news story today.

Woman Says Citibank Fired Her Because She Was Too Hot.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/06/debrahlee_lorenzana_is_too_hot.html
http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/offbeat/woman-claims-she-was-fired-for-being-too-good-looking-060310
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKFMUmQVKtM

"This work outfit is the same type of clothing that two of her male bosses at Citibank told her was too hot, too sexy and they couldn't concentrate when she was around."

All I can say is... this woman is smoking hot. I would be distracted too.

Toymann
06-04-10, 04:00
I thought your political commentary was crazy. Now this retarded diatribe. I have some swampland in florida you need to consider. Please PM for details. Stupid is what stupid says on AP.

Happy Mongering All except spamming Esten. Toymann.

Ps. You really buy this shit. IALOTFLMAO!

Esten
06-04-10, 04:14
Ummm Toymann... I'm just conveying a story that was in the news. The title and quote were from the news story. And I didn't weigh in on the merit of her lawsuit, so I'm not sure what you mean by "you really buy this shit". Thanks for the insults and ill wishes!

Westy
06-04-10, 10:36
This was definately the most interesting news story today.

"This work outfit is the same type of clothing that two of her male bosses at Citibank told her was too hot, too sexy and they couldn't concentrate when she was around."Sorry, I've got to agree with Esten on this one, as I've been in the position of sharing the office with someone as smokin' hot and as provocatively-dressed as her. This one Russian blonde comes to mind, who was one of my students; angel-faced, with a superb rack and the longest loveliest legs. Very difficult to keep my attention on the lesson plan.

How would you like to work with her and have to keep your hands, your eyes, even your thoughts to yourself, because you could get fired for even acknowledging her beauty and allure? Frankly, that's "sexual harassment" too. I love it, but not in the office; that hurts.

Couldn't they have "kicked her upstairs?" Maybe promoted her to be the CEO's Special Assistant for Pubic Relations? Ah, I mean "public" relations.:D

Gato Hunter
06-04-10, 12:26
I work with two really hot girls. They are nice to look at but they think that if they wag there ass or show a little cleavage they can do less work, or ask "can you help me with this?" When in reality they want you to do it for them. Its obvious to me that one of them has got through life this way. She has a degree but is dumber than a box of rocks.

She should quit being an engineer and start sucking cock for a living.

Wild Walleye
06-04-10, 14:40
Maybe Citi has changed its ways. A few years ago, Citi did just the opposite. The private banking group hired a junior person (smoking-hot, dumb-as-a-post blond) from a competitor to improve the eye candy for PB clients. Unfortunately, they took her from the group with which I was doing business. Not long after her departure, I stopped using them.

I for one am all in favor of appropriate displays of cleavage and camel toes in the work place, provided the individual making the display fits within the parameters of what I find attractive. I am going to go check out the Citi branch in the Chrysler Bldg to see what the tellers look like.

That said, I smell BS in her story. If an employees behavior is in violation of corporate policy, and continues unabated after warnings and is a distraction to the department, adios. I suspect that her attorney either smells smoke or he is counting on at least getting the 'cost of defense' door prize for bringing suit. She is also getting lots of free publicity for her 'modeling' career.

I would be shocked if a company with 265,000 employees didn't have HR policies in place and the good sense to avoid something like this. If she was fired 'for cause' I would bet that HR has detailed records of infractions, warnings, reminders, etc. Keep in mind that the people in HR don't want to be looking for work any more that anyone else. If they fired her 'for cause' and that cause is well documented, then she'll likely lose, unless she can prove that she was specifically discriminated against. If she was fired 'without cause' I would expect that it was part of broader layoffs and she is trying to make a case out of unrelated facts (previous reprimands regarding attire and alleged inappropriate comments) If her termination was an isolated event (I. E. She was the only one let go) and it was 'without cause,' then she's got a better chance because now Citi will need to prove why they fired her.

As for the other details they throw out there, they are window dressing and red herrings. The dress code for tellers may very well be different than for corporate positions. Her opinion is irrelevant as to degree of "appropriateness' between her attire and that worn by others. If the comments about being hot were from co-workers and not superiors with the ability to fire her, they are just in appropriate workplace comments (since she is not claiming on-the-job discrimination, she's claiming wrongful termination)

Of course, since this story was likely placed by the attorney's PR flak, there is nothing in here on the employer's point of view.

If this is true, I'd love to hear the manager's discussion with HR when he looked to get rid of her. "Well, gee, it's like this." and the HR response "err. If you think we are going to fire her cause she gives you wood all day, you're mistaken."

Esten
06-06-10, 15:40
I'm sure Citi has HR policies on workplace attire. It sounds like this lady was probably following them, although those policies might not get into specific details, such as how tight clothing can be. She says she was told not to wear turtlenecks, which sounds odd since they don't show any skin. But she's got a bunch of photos out posing in various fashionable outfits in office settings, and there's a couple in there where she's wearing a very tight-fitting black turtleneck that really accentuates her slim waist and large chest. Easy to see how men would find this distracting, but if it's within dress code, they just need to not let themselves get distracted. Who knows what else was involved in terms of how she interacted with men in the office (just a little flirtation could make the distraction worse). Citi probably has their HR files all in order showing she was let go for other reasons, but I wouldn't bet on her losing either.

About those photos... it is interesting she had a full set of professional photos ready for the media when this story broke. She is probably looking for a Playboy or similar offer to pad her hoped-for settlement. I do know she got a ton of newspaper and television coverage in NYC in the past few days. The media won't pass up a great opportunity to cover a story about a hot chick, especially a unique workplace story like this one. Fair to say she has become a local mini-celebrity and is no doubt easily recognized when she goes out. She said she is working for another bank now, that must be a very interesting scene now after the story.

Wild Walleye
06-07-10, 11:44
About those photos. It is interesting she had a full set of professional photos ready for the media when this story broke.That lends credence to the angle that the suit is to draw the moths (I. E. Media) to the flame in order to give legs (pun intended) to her 'modeling' career and pursuit of a 'whale' (I. E. NYC daddy Warbucks)

She is probably looking for a Playboy or similar offer to pad her hoped-for settlement.Probably looking for a reality tv spot. I bet she watches "Real Housewives" and thinks she belongs in something like that.

I do know she got a ton of newspaper and television coverage in NYC in the past few days. The media won't pass up a great opportunity to cover a story about a hot chick, especially a unique workplace story like this one.It has all of the ingredients to sell news: T & A, titillation in the workplace, some sob story and a chance to vilify professional white males and a national pariah.

Esten
06-09-10, 10:57
Probably looking for a reality tv spot.Well now we find out she was already in a Discovery channel series in 2003: "Plastic Surgery New York Style."

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/06/09/2010-06-09_lorenzana_had_two_boob_jobs.html

She said "That's what I want to be: t--- on a stick," and had two boob-jobs. The media has posted the specific bank branch where she is working now (a Chase branch in Brooklyn) and apparently she is getting a lot of attention there. But she may get fired again because JP Morgan told her speaking with the media was grounds for termination (that doesn't sound quite right). What a crazy story. Very likely we'll see her somewhere else, soon.

Easy Go
06-09-10, 16:40
Most employers will fire your ass for talking to the media about work-related issues without authorization. There are legal considerations but she would not appear to have either protected-class or whistle-blower status. Her suit against Citibank is going nowhere and was just filed for the publicity.

Whoever hired her at Chase is going to have a lot of explaining to do.

Wild Walleye
06-09-10, 17:38
Whoever hired her at Chase is going to have a lot of explaining to do.Sr. Exec: "Why the f--- did you hire that bimbo?"

Dude who hired her: "Did you see the rack on her?"

Sr. Exec: "Yeah, she's hot."

Dude who hired her: "Exactly"

Sr. Exec: "I guess we're stuck with her. Move her to the branch at Far Rockaway"