PDA

View Full Version : AEP will be closed for 50 days starting in October

Sportsman
08-04-10, 22:03
La Nacion (http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=1290781) reported Jorge Newbery Airport will be closed in mid-October for about 50 days for a construction project to extend the runway. All AEP flights will be diverted to EZE.

Nigel Knows
08-05-10, 01:06
They should not only do something about the runway but the check-in and boarding arrangements are beyond belief! The locals seem so very English in that they prefer to queue for ages rather than be seated at the gate, relax and board at the appropriate time.

Schmoj
08-05-10, 01:49
They should not only do something about the runway but the check-in and boarding arrangements are beyond belief! The locals seem so very English in that they prefer to queue for ages rather than be seated at the gate, relax and board at the appropriate time.Actually, those are the tourists. The Argentines lounge around or stand close by and the rush to the sides when they start boarding. Then the line tourists begin their pointless complaining about how people are cutting in front of them. One of my guilty pleasures in life is to bump a whining Australian tourist in the back with my bag as I take the short cut.

Wallaby
08-05-10, 10:04
Actually, those are the tourists. The Argentines lounge around or stand close by and the rush to the sides when they start boarding. Then the line tourists begin their pointless complaining about how people are cutting in front of them. One of my guilty pleasures in life is to bump a whining Australian tourist in the back with my bag as I take the short cut.Heh heh! Nice one Schmoj!

Pull that shit on me and you'll find the point of my whining Aussie elbow across the bridge of your nose.

No worries mate!

Wallaby

Wild Walleye
08-05-10, 12:24
Right into the dining room at Clo Clo?

I must say that the sound proofing in there is incredible.

Mikau
10-18-10, 00:51
I went through Aep. Newbery last week and asked the checkin girl when the airport closes and she said November 3. All major domestic airlines will go to EZE while Andes lineas will go to El Palomar.a military airfield 18km west of BA.

M

Water Rat
10-18-10, 19:47
I went through Aep. Newbery last week and asked the checkin girl when the airport closes and she said November 3. All major domestic airlines will go to EZE while Andes lineas will go to El Palomar. A military airfield 18km west of BA.

MI was speaking with the VP Operations of one of the regional airlines and he confirmed that it would be closing. Quite a few regional carriers will go to El Palomar. It will be more convenient for transfers. EZE is to be expanded so that it can take all traffic.

Remises are upset. Apparently it is difficult for them at El Palomar. A local mafia controls taxis and remises in that area.