PDA

View Full Version : 10 Reasons Why You Should By Our Patagonia Property

PeterLong
08-04-10, 23:00
Hi again mongers,

I apologize for the spam, but I just know one of you rich dudes would love our property!

If anyone would like to visit, stay in the guest house and test drive the property, please let me know, it's on us!

http://livinginpatagonia.com/?p=5594

Miami Bob
08-05-10, 02:42
Buy when there is blood on the streets. The smart Argentines have their funds outside of Argentina now, unless they have no choice or lack the "know how": it is better to own an overpriced property than to own pesos.

I know nothing about Mr Long's properties he is currently selling on AP--this is general statement and a retort to a derogatory statement about me that Mr Long made in a thread which the boss closed before I could comment. I wrote to Mr Long to not waste his time writing to me if he wanted over us$2,000 per meter for his Capital Federal apartment. He eventually sold it --likely to an Argentine who couldn't invest overseas for what ever the reason. My source is a third generation real estate developer I approached 18 month ago to put cash overseas to eventually invest in something real estate related in the USA when the right situation arises. He told me that it was too late. Most of his money was tied-up in an inventory of Bario Norte, Villa Crespo and Palermo units that he would likely have to ride out the cycle. The smart money doesn't buy before the crash unless you need a place to live or lack other better alternatives.

For the same price per meter or less, you might buy ocean front in Miami Beach--yes there are risks in Maimi Beach condos--but where would you rather park your money.

If you shop, you can buy Miami Beach for US$250 per sq foot reo condos.

A reasonable person could prefer to vacation in Baroloche, but don't call your Bario Norte partment a better investment than ocean front Miami Beach for the same money per square.

Mr Long has free advertising on AP, but has to put up with members' comentary. This is not Clarin where you pay for advertising. Why don't you post a resturante review so you have a post that don't involve directly or indirectly obtaining free advertising.

Toymann
08-05-10, 04:13
You are kidding me. Yes? "one of you rich guys should buy this". Let me spin this correctly. Rich guy = stupid guy with no sense of value! This posts is totally nonsense! Your price for a property in the middle of "bum-f*ck egypt" is just a total laugher! Stop spamming the board dude!

Happy mongering All.

Toymann

PeterLong
08-05-10, 20:27
You are kidding me. Yes? "one of you rich guys should buy this". Let me spin this correctly. Rich guy = stupid guy with no sense of value! This posts is totally nonsense! Your price for a property in the middle of "bum-f*ck egypt" is just a total laugher! Stop spamming the board dude!

Happy mongering All.

ToymannMiddle of nowhere? It's 30 minutes from an international airport and 2 minutes from the nicest hotel in South America. The pricing is based on the fact the property grosses over US$40,000 per year!

PeterLong
08-05-10, 20:29
Buy when there is blood on the streets. The smart Argentines have their funds outside of Argentina now, unless they have no choice or lack the "know how": it is better to own an overpriced property than to own pesos.

I know nothing about Mr Long's properties he is currently selling on AP--this is general statement and a retort to a derogatory statement about me that Mr Long made in a thread which the boss closed before I could comment. I wrote to Mr Long to not waste his time writing to me if he wanted over us$2,000 per meter for his Capital Federal apartment. He eventually sold it --likely to an Argentine who couldn't invest overseas for what ever the reason. My source is a third generation real estate developer I approached 18 month ago to put cash overseas to eventually invest in something real estate related in the USA when the right situation arises. He told me that it was too late. Most of his money was tied-up in an inventory of Bario Norte, Villa Crespo and Palermo units that he would likely have to ride out the cycle. The smart money doesn't buy before the crash unless you need a place to live or lack other better alternatives.

For the same price per meter or less, you might buy ocean front in Miami Beach--yes there are risks in Maimi Beach condos--but where would you rather park your money.

If you shop, you can buy Miami Beach for US$250 per sq foot reo condos.

A reasonable person could prefer to vacation in Baroloche, but don't call your Bario Norte partment a better investment than ocean front Miami Beach for the same money per square.

Mr Long has free advertising on AP, but has to put up with members' comentary. This is not Clarin where you pay for advertising. Why don't you post a resturante review so you have a post that don't involve directly or indirectly obtaining free advertising.I'll do one step better. Here is a free copy of our Bariloche Restaurant Guide.

http://barilochevacationrental.com/BarilocheRestaurantGuide.pdf

I am happy to put up with the board's commentary and grateful that Jackson let's me post here.

Miami Bob
08-06-10, 01:06
You have signficant contact with both baroloche and the bario norte. You are not a poor man and you have taste --the Baroloche properties have a beautiful view.

Toymann-Baroloche is an international tourist destination for winter sports when the northern half of the world in having it's summer. Peter's property is close to one of the only real 5 star resort properties in Argentina.

Don't post a link--tell us about a place that you like to eat that most of us could not likely find on our own. Actually contribute something that may help one of us enjoy the federal capital more and appreciate something porteno.

Seaman
08-06-10, 02:49
Middle of nowhere? It's 30 minutes from an international airport and 2 minutes from the nicest hotel in South America. The pricing is based on the fact the property grosses over US$40,000 per year!Hmmm. Really?

Rental Income.

2009 2008

CLL$15,726$12,679

SLL$5,861$3,415 (under construction until April)

Total Rental Income $21,587 $16,094

The Casa Principal would receive $18,000-$22,000 per year. The expenses would only slightly increase (maid, linen, etc)

<cut out the listed expenses>

Total Expenses$7,305

Profit / Loss+ $14,282 Casita Llao Llao and Studio Llao Llao (not including Casa Principal rental income)So where is the US$40k based on? Last year you made $14282. That is $1190 per month.

Does not really sound like a good ROI.

PeterLong
08-06-10, 09:13
Hmmm. Really?

So where is the US$40k based on? Last year you made $14282. That is $1190 per month.

Does not really sound like a good ROI.We have lived in the Casa Principal, which is a 3 bedroom plus loft. It could be easily converted into a rental and gross another +/- US$20,000.

The net you mention does not include the main house.

MiamiBob, Butterfly is one of the best dining options anywhere. The owner / chef used to work at a Michelin rated restaurant in Europe, it's the real deal!

Also, El Boliche de Alberto has the best Lomo anywhere, at any price!

Miami Bob
09-11-10, 06:22
Help me here. I hsve no desire to go to baraloche.