PDA

View Full Version : Plane legs

Paul Halisco
09-03-10, 23:24
If I wanted to fly to Santiago from LA California. What stops would there be.

I might bus to BA from there.

I would want a 777 American or the new 787 preferred next year. I don't mind stops and might go to Lima then BA. I like short flights.

Exon123
09-04-10, 03:54
Your "Nut's"

Exon

Miami Bob
09-04-10, 21:02
The bus to Medoza will not be that horrible and Mendoza is worth visiting for 3 days to see the wine country, the mountains or go skying. Then fly to BA--rather than 16 hours on a bus.

Jaimito Cartero
09-08-10, 18:03
If I wanted to fly to Santiago from LA California. What stops would there be.

I might bus to BA from there.

I would want a 777 American or the new 787 preferred next year. I don't mind stops and might go to Lima then BA. I like short flights.Every American Airlines flight is going to go through a major hub. Usually MIA or DFW. I wouldn't count on a 787 to South America in the near future.

LAN, CO and AA are the normal airlines I'd fly on. Are you looking for coach, business class or first class? If you have any AA miles, you can go to EZE for 40k RT in coach, if you go at non-peak times.

Easy Go
09-09-10, 02:31
LAN has ordered 25 787's with first deliveries for next year so it's not completely out of the question. I have not seen anything on the routes they plan to fly although Europe seems more likely than the USA.

Wild Walleye
09-09-10, 12:52
LAN has ordered 25 787's with first deliveries for next year so it's not completely out of the question. I have not seen anything on the routes they plan to fly although Europe seems more likely than the USA.I have to laugh with LAN reselling AA seats for an extra $900 (JFK-EZE)

Jaimito Cartero
09-09-10, 15:51
LAN has ordered 25 787's with first deliveries for next year so it's not completely out of the question. I have not seen anything on the routes they plan to fly although Europe seems more likely than the USA.787 deliveries aren't quite up to speed. They are normally going to need 2 or 3 delivered before they can effectively serve a route.

It should be interesting to see what LAN actually does with them though. South America-EU would be my first guess, but I haven't looked at the distances to see where the 787 would be ideally placed.