PDA

View Full Version : Observations and comments about the forum upgrade

Jackson
09-10-10, 20:06
Just testing the forum's function after upgrading the software.

Exon is a cocksucker.

Okay, I guess it works.

Exon123
09-10-10, 20:53
CockSucker, CockSucker, CockSucker

Its Sucks Jackson

Exon

JohnTodd
09-10-10, 21:58
If you are seeking opinions, I do not like this new format.

Punter 127
09-10-10, 23:30
CockSucker, CockSucker, CockSucker

Its Sucks Jackson

Exon:q-mark:I thought you were the kind of guy that embraced “change”. :p

Just testing the forum's function after upgrading the software.

Exon is a cocksucker.

Okay, I guess it works.At first I didn't care for the new software, but after stumbling around for awhile I've changed my mind. I like the Multi-Quote function and it appears we can now embed video in a post. However I hope this doesn't mean we'll be subjected to video of things like Exon getting a handjob! Yikes

Esten
09-11-10, 14:14
Ap had a great distinctive front page before with advertisers and valuable services, quick links to other sites, a banner, tips, polls, temperature, exchange rate, etc etc. Now it's a bland front page that looks like a million others.

Also there are major formatting bugs. I just posted in the politics thread and encountered the following issues:

- could not capitalize words like obama, bush, fox news, etc etc.

- could not separate post into paragraphs. It's one big paragraph, doesn't allow more than 1 line break at a time.

- could not write the word "peRiodically" without the letter "r" being capitalized

- could not use a hyphen between words

Etc

Jackson
09-11-10, 14:43
Esten,

I'm not finished yet.

The front page will be restored.

The formatting bugs will be corrected.

Thanks,

Jackson
ap had a great distinctive front page before with advertisers and valuable services, quick links to other sites, a banner, tips, polls, temperature, exchange rate, etc etc. Now it's a bland front page that looks like a million others.

Also there are major formatting bugs. I just posted in the politics thread and encountered the following issues:

- could not capitalize words like obama, bush, fox news, etc etc

- could not separate post into paragraphs. It's one big paragraph, doesn't allow more than 1 line break at a time

- could not write the word "peRiodically" without the letter "r" being capitalized

- could not use a hyphen between words

Etc

Easy Go
09-11-10, 21:15
Posting urls doesn't seem to work. The double backslash gets converted to a single and a space gets added after all the peRiods in the address.

Punter 127
09-11-10, 22:04
Looks like you have to enter the bb codes in order to post a link. Http://www.Politicsdaily.Com/tag/back+taxes+owed/the"automatically parse links in text"feature is not working, also esten is correct I can not enter a line break before or after the link and where it does allow line breaks it only allows one.

Also it doesn't like capital letters very much, I can not write "bb" code or "esten" with a capital but I can Jackson.

Looks like you're going to be busy Jackson, good luck.

Jackjack1
09-11-10, 22:49
In the immortal words of eliot spitzer: "what the hell is going on? "

Jack

Westy
09-11-10, 23:47
Well, the first problem I have is when I get the initial "you can't come in here" page. Fortunately, the software let me in anyways when I clicked on this "new thread. "

Next problem I noticed was that it messes up my formatting and punctuation. It knocked capital letters to lower-case, stripped out punctuation marks, removed line-feeds between paragraphs and leading spaces at the beginning of paragraphs. (this posted with the extra line-feeds between paragraphs, until I corrected it to thank you for that! it reminds me of a book my mom told me about, published in China just after the end of world war ii, an english-language coursebook that was very popular as a souvenir among the diplomatic community in nanjing. Its title, printed boldly on the book's cover and spine, was "correctly english".

This feels like "correctly weblish", and I hope you can indeed correct everything. Please don't add it to ISG until you've got it thoroughly debugged here, and can apply all of the corrections "out of the box" to isg.

Best regards and positive wishes,

Westy

Jackson
09-12-10, 00:23
Of course.

That is the reason for upgrading the ap site first.

Thanks,

Jackson
Please don't add it to ISG until you've got it thoroughly debugged here, and can apply all of the corrections "out of the box" to isg.

Northsider
09-12-10, 01:58
Well, it seems to work (here!) but if you look at my post under Apartments you'll see that when I had a close-parentheses after an exclamation point the parens gets zapped when message is posted.

Is there a way where I can read a thread such that the oldest post is at the top of the thread, and the latest is at the end of the last page?

El Queso
09-12-10, 02:17
Is there a way where I can read a thread such that the oldest post is at the top of the thread, and the latest is at the end of the last page?

Up at the top, click on "Settings." On the Settings page, on the left side look at the "My Settings" section, in there the "General Settings" link. Down towards the bottom of the settings available, find the section "Thread Display Options" and the setting you're looking for is under "Thread Display Mode."

WorldTravel69
09-12-10, 13:49
Jackson:

I told you my sister could have had this site and Colombia's up and running a few years ago!

P. S. I can not go to home. It says my membership is not activated!

Esten
09-12-10, 17:32
As punter noted, posting links is problematic. This was also a problem with the previous software, but you could get around it by editing your p. S. And deleting the spaces and other artefacts the software would introduce in a link. With the new software you can't get around it by editing the same way you could before.

Also the word p-o-s-t gets converted to p. S. Some very odd stuff here! Also you can't p-o-s-t multiple peRiods (...) unless you separate each by a space.

On the positive side, you now can see all the vaRious sections without having to click on "see all forums" as before. And you can put the "chit chat" stuff at the bottom, something I had mentioned before.

Good luck Jackson, we appreciate your efforts...

Punter 127
09-12-10, 22:19
as punter noted, posting links is problematic. This was also a problem with the previous software, but you could get around it by editing your p. S. And deleting the spaces and other artefacts the software would introduce in a link. With the new software you can't get around it by editing the same way you could before.

Also the word p-o-s-t gets converted to p. S. Some very odd stuff here! Also you can't p-o-s-t multiple peRiods (.) unless you separate each by a space.

On the positive side, you now can see all the vaRious sections without having to click on "see all forums" as before. And you can put the "chit chat" stuff at the bottom, something I had mentioned before.

Good luck Jackson, we appreciate your efforts. to p-ost a link you just have to enter the bracketed bb codes manually, this is what it should look like. Http://www.Wtop.Com/?Nid=25&sid=1478352_note I used the "noparse" code to show this example. you can find out more about bb codes by:clicking here (http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode).

Jackson I do hope you are going to give us back the option of being able to "edit" around some of this crap. Also why are the[img]codes off?

Shane44
09-13-10, 10:40
I am sure this is my problem, but it will certainly take me time to appreciate the benefits of the new format verses the old. I agree with exon about the font size, and do not think the "gray" background gives enough contrast. The layout is a question of time and getting use to it.

What is the purpose of making this change? Thanks, shane

Sysco234
09-13-10, 12:24
Having been in software for 25 years Jackson I feel your pain on the upgrade. It is never easy to transition anything because people tend to resist change. Given this is a free service, I appreciate all the time you spend maintaining the site.

I'll send my "gripes" later.

Sysco

Westy
09-13-10, 23:23
I tried a "reply with quote" and realized that the quote itself needed some explanation; it was a response to somebody else's quoted remark. When I inserted my explanation, the entire quote disappeared from my posting. Leaving, in the words of Mark Twain, "not a vestige to swear at. Errr, by. "

Dre777
09-14-10, 02:20
Why change a good thing Jackson? Kinda thought the last website iteration was the best. I do agree with Exon tho, bigger fonts por favor!

WorldTravel69
09-14-10, 22:53
Jackson:

Add some color to the background. All this white is blinding me.

Gary

Hotman 666
09-15-10, 12:18
New Format.

When I logged in to the new format for the first time my initial thoughts were “WTF, I don’t like this! ”

However having now got used to it a little I must say, in my opinion, after a few weeks (and when we all become more used to it) we will grow to like it.

I think that many of us (especially the “Old Farts” like me) are initially resistant to ANY change. However when we see it in all its glory, with all the new “Bells and Whistles” we may wonder what all the fuss was about!

Just one request. I hope that a link to PM's will still be shown on log in (with details of any new PM' s)

Hotman.

Stan Da Man
09-15-10, 14:04
I've participated in building a website, as well, so I can sympathize with the struggles when you switch to a new format. At first all the issues seem overwhelming. But, it's like the old saying, "How do you eat an elephant? One spoonful at a time. " Keep at it. The improvements even over the last few days are dramatic.

So, here's the small issue I noticed: The page numbering links at the bottom of the page seem to be off. There are many false leading page numbers that make it appear as if you are in the middle of a thread, when you are really at the final page.

I've noticed the same HTML and posting issues as others, but I assume you're fully aware of those.

The look and feel is much better, in my opinion. Once the posting/formatting issues get worked out, you'll have 99% of your problems fixed.

Are you working on the site search engine, as well? I've never liked that. Beggars can't be choosers, but I would welcome an upgrade there. Good luck.

Wild Walleye
09-15-10, 14:18
The improvements even over the last few days are dramatic.This is especially evident in the political threads

there are a few hyperlinks that are missing behind the underlined items on the home page

Vaquero
09-16-10, 14:38
I've tried writing the words "p e s o s" and "p a s s" (my spaces), and when the report publishes, they're converted to "P. S. "

El Perro
09-16-10, 14:46
I've tried writing the words "p e s o s" and "p a s s" (my spaces), and when the report publishes, they're converted to "P. S. "I noticed that on "p a s t" as well.

Northsider
09-18-10, 01:09
It would be nice if the message editor that comes up with Quick Edit in PM, with icons for bold, italics, link insertion etc would be the one that comes up for editing reports.

AllIWantIsLove
09-18-10, 03:02
In case it has not yet been reported ...

I saw two posts today from two different people where it looked like 'the had been changed to 'the. One case was I'the -> I'the but the other one might have been something else.

Bob

AllIWantIsLove
09-20-10, 03:34
How about he'd (he had) And we'd (we had)

El Perro
09-20-10, 21:19
I appreciate the new software trying to improve my periodic redneck grammar, but I wish it would let me post "g o and and a" instead of "going". And it's not "and and", it's "and" "and"! Shiiiiiiit.

RubDub
09-21-10, 15:19
If you check out my Madaho's post or the New in Town post about Alamo and Casa Bar, there are no closed paranthesis where there should be.

Thanks.

Stan Da Man
09-24-10, 14:13
Just FYI:

I love the "Exempt post from automatic text cleanup" option when you submit a post. That will improve things dramatically. You can finally post BA (hopefully) and use parentheses without getting improperly corrected. Great new feature. I would suggest it as the default.

WorldTravel69
09-26-10, 14:04
Jackson:

What happened to the Abbreviations Thread in the Top Bar?

Wild Walleye
09-29-10, 18:50
Is it me or was there previously greater choice in fonts and the like (I think it was just below the 'Icons' section under the text window)?

Timebandit8
09-29-10, 19:51
I agree with World Traveler. He may be able to live without abbreviations but some of them I just can't figure out!

Is that a BIG DEAL to go back and get that valuable list and add.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Timebandit8

Wild Walleye
09-30-10, 10:44
I agree with World Traveler. He may be able to live without abbreviations but some of them I just can't figure out!

Is that a BIG DEAL to go back and get that valuable list and add.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Timebandit8When I went to the home page this morning, the log-In space weren't there

WorldTravel69
09-30-10, 13:25
I guess we will have to use the one from the International site.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=1897

Jackson:

What happened to the Abbreviations Thread in the Top Bar?

Jackson
09-30-10, 14:41
Come on guys, you couldn't find this thread by yourself?

WorldTravel69
10-01-10, 03:06
That was 5 + years ago.

Wild Walleye
10-01-10, 11:29

Jax:

We have become spoon fed invalids, dependent upon others to hunt, kill, process and deliver what we eat (literally and figuratively).

Thanks

note: Comment made in jest

Strad
10-04-10, 23:49
Thanks for all your hard work!

AllIWantIsLove
10-17-10, 01:50
How do I get all of the threads presented in newest to oldest order? Most are sorted that way but every once in a way one is not.

Thanks, Bob

Stan Da Man
10-19-10, 20:47
I would welcome the "Skip Automatic Text Cleanup" box. Or whatever it was called. Back. The current text editor is only marginally better than the previous one, and possibly it's the same one. It still mangles parentheses at the end of sentences and dashes to offset text (like the ones I'm using now and the dashes I tried to use above to offset "or whatever it was called".

Northsider
11-25-10, 13:39
I hate the automatic grammar editor. I would like to opt out of it. The parentheses stuff is maddening, and I don't like the automatic capitalization stuff.

Ugh! It makes more work than it saves.

Jackson
11-25-10, 14:16
I would welcome the "Skip Automatic Text Cleanup" box. Or whatever it was called. Back. The current text editor is only marginally better than the previous one, and possibly it's the same one. It still mangles parentheses at the end of sentences and dashes to offset text (like the ones I'm using now and the dashes I tried to use above to offset "or whatever it was called".
I hate the automatic grammar editor. I would like to opt out of it. The parentheses stuff is maddening, and I don't like the automatic capitalization stuff.

Ugh! It makes more work than it saves. The issue with the parentheses at the end of sentences has been fixed in the USA site, I just haven't had the time to port the changes over to AP.

I have no idea why anyone would object to proper nouns and the first word in a sentence being proper cased.

I had originally installed the "Exempt this post from the TCS" option, but then there were guys who would do exactly that, then write like 1st graders, thus forcing me to correct their abdominal writing. Fuck that. (See below)

Nevertheless, as before, you may bypass the TCS by first posting whatever text you want, then by immediately editing your post as desired as the TCS is not invoked when editing a post. Of course, anyone who deliberately bypasses the TCS to post text in deliberate violation of this forum's Posting Guidelines will be banned without comment.

The TCS (Text Cleanup Script) saves me hundreds of man hours every year, and there's no fucking way in hell that I will ever go back to manually correcting everyone's punctuation and capitalization.

The bottom line is that every reader of this forum would quickly learn to appreciate the editing work that I once did manually, and that the TCS now does automatically, if I started letting all the unedited, unformatted, uncapitalized reports get posted in the forum in all their unfettered glory. However, there's no danger of that happening because I know something that some of you apparently have never considered: This forum receives 2,000 to 3,000 unique visitors a day, and that's because the forum is very "readable" specifically because of the minimum requirements of the Forum's Posting Guidelines, as effected by the TCS. As they say in the radio business "You don't run a show for the benefit of the callers, you run it for the benefit of the listeners".

Thanks,

Jackson

El Perro
12-10-10, 20:26
Neither the log in or log out spaces available at the top right of the page.

And no "notification" space.

Esten
12-10-10, 23:56
Neither the log in or log out spaces available at the top right of the page.

And no "notification" space. Yep. Blocked by the Flash ad. Only way I could login was to disable flash and refresh.

Westy
01-09-11, 10:44
I am, once again, frustrated with the auto-editing gaffes of your latest upgrade.

In my last post, I described a small hotel as a "pension", a word which, in Spanish, has an accent mark over the "o", I. E."ó". And vBulletin automatically changed the "N" following the accented "ó" into the word "and": "pensióand". In fact, it just turned the lower-case "N" into "and", blindly and unaware.

I understand that many people use the lower-case "N" as "and", but I don't, and I get frustrated when vBulletin blindly and automatically "corrects" my spelling, grammar, and sentence construction.

Every time I use an ellipsis (three periods in a row) or a dash ("-") in a post, vBulletin changes it into a period and capitalizes the next letter. I can't even get it to show an ellipsis in this PM.

When I use HTML italics, undeline, or boldface formatting commands, vBulletin capitalizes the next word, whether it should have been capitalized or not.

Can't U-turn off these "features", or at least provide a button telling vBulletin not to fuck with our spelling and grammar? (And look at that! It just turned "you" followed by the verb "turn" into "U-turn!")

Jackson
01-09-11, 11:21
I am, once again, frustrated with the auto-editing gaffes of your latest upgrade.

In my last post, I described a small hotel as a "pension", a word which, in Spanish, has an accent mark over the "o", I. E."ó". And vBulletin automatically changed the "N" following the accented "ó" into the word "and": "pensióand". In fact, it just turned the lower-case "N" into "and", blindly and unaware.

I understand that many people use the lower-case "N" as "and", but I don't, and I get frustrated when vBulletin blindly and automatically "corrects" my spelling, grammar, and sentence construction.

Every time I use an ellipsis (three periods in a row) or a dash ("-") in a post, vBulletin changes it into a period and capitalizes the next letter. I can't even get it to show an ellipsis in this PM.

When I use HTML italics, undeline, or boldface formatting commands, vBulletin capitalizes the next word, whether it should have been capitalized or not.

Can't U-turn off these "features", or at least provide a button telling vBulletin not to fuck with our spelling and grammar? (And look at that! It just turned "you" followed by the verb "turn" into "U-turn!") I had originally installed the "Exempt this post from the TCS" option, but then there were guys who would do exactly that, then write like 1st graders, thus forcing me to correct their abdominal writing. Fuck that. (See below)

However, you may bypass the TCS by first posting whatever text you want, then by immediately editing your post as desired as the TCS is not invoked when editing a post. Of course, anyone who deliberately bypasses the TCS to post text in deliberate violation of this forum's Posting Guidelines will be banned without comment.

The TCS (Text Cleanup Script) saves me hundreds of man hours every year, and there's no fucking way in hell that I will ever go back to manually correcting everyone's punctuation and capitalization.

Thanks,

Jackson

El Perro
01-14-11, 14:16
AP was really, really slow yesterday. It's slightly better today, but not it's usual self.

Member #3320
01-14-11, 16:20
AP was really, really slow yesterday. It's slightly better today, but not it's usual self.I agree. Awfully slow.

AllIWantIsLove
01-17-11, 01:00
This is my 4th try to "Submit Report". The first three times I was waiting so long for the dialog that I gave up and started over.

Bob

El Perro
01-17-11, 08:43
Monday morning and back to normal. Maybe the USA and Israel targeted AP with a worm.

Tessan
03-05-11, 14:22
Is the new search limited to one year? I tried to look up Aqualung post about the law and prostitution and tried using advanced search. I tried a few ways, using any date and nothing came up. Then I tried to set the date range and max was one year.

The old forum when you did a search for any date, it would go back years. One year is to short.

Artisttyp
08-11-11, 16:25
I'm glad I can log onto AP. For some reason when I try to visit ISG I get a malware pop up warning me about entering. What's going on?

Thanks
http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http://www.internationalsexguide.info/&hl=en

Update:

Was able to get onto ISG by downloading firefox 5.1 (was on safari)...enough time to post then "poof" up came the malware site warning again...now no ISG again...WHY ?

Miami Bob
08-12-11, 01:27
After my June. 2011 trip and all the ap drama.which was in a small part my doing-I decide to stay away for a while and let Jackson get things fine tuned the way he wants things to be.

I came back last week or so-BECAUSE__ I'm due back in BA next week. There is just not that much going on AP. Very few comments about chicas beyond TL and mild action in the Mia Johnson thread. The political thread I generally don't count as I haven't been in there in years-too one sided and there are much better political forums in places more geared towards politisc and the economy.

Guys-please post something! Tell us about a decent place to eat; or which dry cleaner to use or the latest scoop on hacking your iphone to work here or an android. There is little to bounce off of as many of my old comrades just aren't posting or rarely posting. Some other guys need to step up. I am resorting to posting about mongering in southeast florida. Let's get going and keep our ap alive. Come-on Jackpot-I'm sure there is something to complain about other than alejandra-she's gone. Exxon-com eout, com eout whereever you are! There no way you stopped reading ap. Say something! Toymann where do you like to eat meat-actually steak-not female genitalia! Rock-you are a locale .where do you go for a good steak dinner.

I think my favorite "good" place to eat in BA is Palacio Espanol.not sure of exactly the name and too lazy to look it up carlos pelligrini a block or two past ave de mayo towards san telmp / la boca. Fabulous food and reasonable price. First class meat and fresh yummy fish. The kitchen prepares great sausings. This is really an outstanding place to eat. Cigar eric first took me there.

How is eric? I missed him on my last trip and he is allergic to email.

TejanoLibre
08-12-11, 02:52
After my June. 2011 trip and all the ap drama. Which was in a small part my doing-I decide to stay away for a while and let Jackson get things fine tuned the way he wants things to be.

I came back last week or so-BECAUSE__ I'm due back in BA next week. There is just not that much going on AP. Very few comments about chicas beyond TL and mild action in the Mia Johnson thread. The political thread I generally don't count as I haven't been in there in years-too one sided and there are much better political forums in places more geared towards politisc and the economy.

Guys-please post something! Tell us about a decent place to eat; or which dry cleaner to use or the latest scoop on hacking your iphone to work here or an android. There is little to bounce off of as many of my old comrades just aren't posting or rarely posting. Some other guys need to step up. I am resorting to posting about mongering in southeast florida. Let's get going and keep our ap alive. Come-on Jackpot-I'm sure there is something to complain about other than alejandra-she's gone. Exxon-com eout, com eout whereever you are! There no way you stopped reading ap. Say something! Toymann where do you like to eat meat-actually steak-not female genitalia! Rock-you are a locale. Where do you go for a good steak dinner.

I think my favorite "good" place to eat in BA is Palacio Espanol. Not sure of exactly the name and too lazy to look it up carlos pelligrini a block or two past ave de mayo towards san telmp / la boca. Fabulous food and reasonable price. First class meat and fresh yummy fish. The kitchen prepares great sausings. This is really an outstanding place to eat. Cigar eric first took me there.

How is eric? I missed him on my last trip and he is allergic to email.Http://theofficebaires.wordpress.com/

American owned and operated!

Damn good for BA!

Tell the kid from San Fran that I sent you!

Tl

Miami Bob
08-13-11, 04:20
Rock, as in rock harders, where do you currently go for meat. The 1800 club in san telmo is the best! Caberra is palermo is super duper-love the sides! Happening is the most reality oriented of the over priced places in puerto madero. Portenos share. Do you really want almost 2 lbs of filet mingon or do it porteno style and share and have someother side or a first course.

I normally stay somewhere within a few blocks of las heras and junin. There are some pretty good neighborhood places that are argentine and not geared towards tourists:

Munich on junin near hotel e'tiole on the continuation of junin in front of the cemetary. Nothing german about this place-100% old style porteno-love it or leave it. GREAT Food at higher but not crazy prices. On of the better traditional porteno restaurants. A wide variety of different food. You must ask the waiter or live dangerously. With a large menu, everything cannot be great.

Rodi bar-a classic neighborhood place that has been serving the locales for almost 100 years. This is where I meet locale portenos for lunch of dinner. Huge menu-you must ask the waiter!

The recomended cuts of meat are close to the quality of a good asado, but cheaper. Ask the waiter-please. If you ordewr what you are in the mood to eat without checking you may be sorry. You do not want a fancy sauce unless the waiter clears it. The waiters aren't dumb-non-argentines tip better and they want that tip and will remember you. My waiter is marcelo-my friendly english speaking taxi driver introduced me to his waiter. I have been eating here for 6 ot 7 years.at least. If I walk in after 6 months they know that I am marcelo's customer and will send me to his section or tell me that he is not working. I like the recomended best cuts of meat-not what I am thinking of.but what is good that day. Usually they recomend an expensive cut, but sometimes it might be the entrana-skirt steak or a aroast out of the over. The grilled chicken tastes like chicken fresh from the farm. The baked eggplant dishes are great.

New owner took over the pilar coffee shop about two years ago-las heras why junin. They have generally pretty good food and the specials are very reasonable. They make great tarta de different verduras. I love the acelga or cale. It's pie made of a mixture of the filling egg and cheese.

NONE of these places will likely get you to travel from across town unless you have another reason to be in the hood. If you are there and you make an effort to communicate-broken caveman spanish is enough-you may likely be pleasantly surprised. If you prefer to pretend that you haven't left the USA-stay away. These are neighborhood places for the neighborhood and maybe a visitor like you!

Miami Bob
08-19-11, 23:26
This is my first trip to Baires in years when this board has been almost dead. No one seems to have anything to say. Is it my imagination or is there less posting?

HEY THERE-yes I mean you! Say something.

YES, there is less drama. There seems to be less of everything. Someone call me nasty names or something! TL where are your long incomprehensible rants? WW convince me that Richard Nixon was actually a communist. Channell, please tell me more about how beaautiful you are and how men are lined up throwing 100 pesos bills at your feet.

Did someone really pay TL's girl us$700 to do something? Was it to have sex on the baloney of the Casa Rosa? Or to perform unnatural acts with a barnyard animal with them in bed? I cannot imagine any gatita worth us$700 for an hour.

Gato Hunter
08-19-11, 23:32
I will be in the air this time next week Bob. You know what that means, I always post about the stuff I have done. Except for my favoritas LOL!

Toymann
08-20-11, 03:39
Such a shame really! The local foros are still crazy active! It seems that the new AP members are just NOT getting it done! Sadly the "old" members are suddenly silent! VIVA the new revolution! Time has passed all us old dinosaurs bye (LOL). Viva the new foro! Happy Mongering All. Soon to be totally quite Toymann!

This is my first trip to Baires in years when this board has been almost dead. No one seems to have anything to say. Is it my imagination or is there less posting?

HEY THERE-yes I mean you! Say something.

YES, there is less drama. There seems to be less of everything. Someone call me nasty names or something! TL where are your long incomprehensible rants? WW convince me that Richard Nixon was actually a communist. Channell, please tell me more about how beaautiful you are and how men are lined up throwing 100 pesos bills at your feet.

Did someone really pay TL's girl us$700 to do something? Was it to have sex on the baloney of the Casa Rosa? Or to perform unnatural acts with a barnyard animal with them in bed? I cannot imagine any gatita worth us$700 for an hour.

Miami Bob
08-20-11, 06:39
-Toymann tells us something new and positive. Answer this: How many gatitas can dance on a package of three condom?

The Admin may own and exercise control, but the membership makes the forum.

Posting late after a newport mid range "professional" just had her safety cell phone call got dressed 1:15 minutes into a good, but not great session-my little friend visiting from chile canceled on me at the last minute SO when in dout Newport. A few nights ago the chileana practiced bouncing her cute little nose off of my pubic bone for god knows how long-except for breaks to stop me from cummimg. SHE IS WORTH KNOWING! Unfortunately she has retired from the life and her primary concern is raising her daughter rather than shoving while powder up that cute little nose. Good for her-she seems to have gotten her life together. Another wonderful memory from Baires. The photo below was original posted with contact options when she left a recoleta high end club to go solo. Why isn't anyone posting about that sort of news.

The chileana is in BA visiting-interesting. Somebody must have something else of interest to post about?

The Newport girl was good, but not going into great detail as I have no photos and you'll never pick her out. One thing worth noting-I am rusyt at the newport routine: when the girl asked me to tip the doorman, I should have told her NEVER MIND AND WALKED AWAY. THAT IS GENERALLY A SIGN THAT SHE IS AN EXPERT AT EXTRACTING MONEY RATHER THAN THE HIGHLY SKILLED SENSUAL SEX MACHINE THAT SHE WAS PRETENDING TO BE IN THE CLUB. The girl was ok, but in a town with 10, 000 gatitas GOOD is not enough. This isn't Peoria.

Member #3320
08-20-11, 14:30
Such a shame really! The local foros are still crazy active! It seems that the new AP members are just NOT getting it done! Sadly the "old" members are suddenly silent! VIVA the new revolution! Time has passed all us old dinosaurs bye (LOL). Viva the new foro! Happy Mongering All. Soon to be totally quite Toymann!Suggest some good forums, toymann.

I stopped posting after some really harsh personal attacks (irrelevant to chica hunting in BA) on self in 2009 on this forum by another senior member. I used to really love this forum till then. But I must also add, the old pros like me and few others know BA pretty well and have kind of negated the need to get further information from other mongers. Its the newbies who are suffering. But I would also add that the newbies are a lazy lot. They aren't posting anything either.

Lastly, the American politics thread was the real killer. I found most of the members posting on that thread regularly instead of focussing on why this forum was created in the first place. That particular thread should have been deleted long ago. But then again, it is fun exchanging views on that thread for some members. That is fine but I wish they would write the equal amount on chica hunting in BA as they do write on that particular thread.

Miami Bob
08-20-11, 15:34
You go way out of your way to be polite to everyone. Many of your suggestions have been real gems. I am a senior who would value you posting your thoughts and insights and your take finding quality at a reasonable market price. Yes, the forum is very slow. Yes, you and I and the Toymann could survive without AP. BUT do you really want AP to sink into the sunset as a boring.

Place with minimal value-probably not.

Member #3320 try to post something. Toymann post some thing.

NEWBIES-start posting and sharing.

AMDIN-be flexible and change as the facts change.

Miami Bob
08-21-11, 04:49
You will have to install and airline ticket search and sales engine and become "trip adviser" for perverted tourists.

Hotman 666
08-21-11, 10:12
Hi Guys,

You are right about the forum recently. It has been rather quiet!

Although I am not a 'regular' visitor to Bs As (my last visit was late 2009) I do enjoy reading the forum for updates on places and people I have known.

Perhaps the demise of Excdra and the apparent dearth of talent at Orleans and La Mad has resulted in a lack of posts! (In the 'old days' a LOT of contributions were centred around these, then rather popular, places.) So potential contributors now have less to post about!

Anyway, I will be in town next week for a few days and am looking forward to seeing some "familiar faces" again.

Last time I was in town there were always a few forum members around having a beer or a late night coffee at La Madeleine.

Is this still a popular meeting place in the evening?

Where is TL's new 'office' now that his restaurant has closed? Always used to be a few friends hanging around there with him!

So, I hope to see a few of you guys around next week and we can 'put the world to rights' together over a beer or two!

Hotman.

Jackson
08-21-11, 12:25
I stopped posting after some really harsh personal attacks (irrelevant to chica hunting in BA) on self in 2009 on this forum by another senior member. I used to really love this forum till then.Greetings everyone,

Here are the numbers:

90% of the forum's 2,000+ daily visitors are lurkers who haven't even bothered to register a username so they could post.

Of the remaining 10%, 9% are registered members who have never posted a single report.

Of the remaining 1%, half of them have stopped posting because either they felt they were being attacked by a small number of venomous posters, or they were in fact the venomous posters themselves who chafed at my attempts to stifle their abusive behavior, all while chastising my management and decrying "the death of the forum".

What's the solution? As a long time moderator of several forums, I can tell you that it's very simple: As the venomous posters eventually move on to abusing the members of other forums, previously deterred members will begin posting here.

In other words, the sky is not falling.

Thanks,

Jackson

Miami Bob
08-30-11, 23:40
Newbies-go get them and keep on posting. Member #3320, please come back! Gato you are becoming a posting powerhouse. Gondolf-we will do the province late November.

Hey Toymann-what's happening super monger!

RandomQuestion
08-31-11, 10:19
I'm a relative newbie to mongering, BA, and the wonderful resource that is AP. I am very grateful for the wealth of information that has been gathered here. As someone else pointed out, it allows you to bypass months of experimenting and the associated costs, and get straight to what you want (need?). And it's just plain entertaining to read the posts! I'm trying to participate and post when and where I see I can add value, which unfortunately isn't as much as I would like. I haven't been that active in posting updates since I arrived in BA about 3 weeks ago, principally because I haven't been out much yet, at least I haven't been out mongering. Much to my surprise, after about 4 days here I met a wonderful Italian lady here on vacation (non-pro) at a tango class and I ended up spending the next week and half with her having sex like two teenagers! Who would have thought.

Anyway, she's gone now so it's time to get back to some serious mongering so expect more updates from me over the next few weeks. Unless of course I happen to meet another tourist!

Miami Bob
08-31-11, 22:24
Find the correct place to do the posting both about setting up taking ther class and what it was like AND.

Having fun with a tourist-civilian. You have lots of valuable info to share and please do so.

note: i have been having sex with a portena atty for a few years who a met via match.com latin america in spanish. he is very hot early 40's w/ great tight body and horney as hell. speaks fairly good english. she only wants to fuck. no dinner, no dating, no baloney sex. sex, sex. i also have taken boring 37 year olds to dinner and almost falling asleep.....

TheMan8
09-01-11, 01:14
I'm a loyal AP (and ISG) fan. These forum posts were a rich source of information back when I arrived and spoke no Spanish. A bit shy of coming to the dinners, but some day I would really like to get to know some of the heroes of this forum.

What I think should happen more, is a bit more information sharing from the Spanish forums. AP is not really a competitor, since most people who use this forum don't speak the language, or are so shit at it that they can't get through the slang on the local forums.

Granted, tastes and preferences are vastly different on the other forums, I feel like this site is geared more towards the very pro / porn star type of chica, whereas you get a much wider variety of preferences on the other forums. I also understand that this may be because most visitors to this forum are short-timers and can't be arsed or don't have time wasting time on mediocre experiences. I cannot begin to describe some of the mediocrity that I have found on the forums and experienced in BA as a result of the other forums. But that said, I have also found super rewards, for example the recently renovated Umano Spa, which I had the chance to test out today is entirely different from the old reviews on this site. Same goes for the Fitz Roy spa (I'm more of a massage + FS type of guy).

Anyway, sorry for the ramble. Bottom line is that I'm going to try to be more proactive and post more information that I gather from all my other scouring.