PDA

View Full Version : In Town

WhiteCat
09-16-10, 18:27
Until the 23rd. Anyone want to have a beer drop a line.

Gg

Miamipro
09-18-10, 23:21
I am in town and I vaguely recall somewhere on here that here is a place that shows all the NFL games... can anyone help me with that?

Thanks!

Rioman
09-18-10, 23:27
I am in town and I vaguely recall somewhere on here that here is a place that shows all the NFL games... can anyone help me with that?

Thanks!The Alamo is all you need to know

Miamipro
09-19-10, 01:47
Great.

That seems easy enough to remember.

Thanks for your help

RubDub
09-20-10, 17:21
El Alamo and Casa Bar are two places within walking distance of each other in Recoleta just off of Santa Fe. Both have NFL Sunday Ticket and show College on Saturday. Sugar Bar is in Palermo and also has most of the games.

Miamipro
09-20-10, 17:30
El Alamo and Casa Bar are two places within walking distance of each other in Recoleta just off of Santa Fe. Both have NFL Sunday Ticket and show College on Saturday. Sugar Bar is in Palermo and also has most of the games.Well I ended up going to El Alamo. Downstairs. Had a small pizza, beer and met a couple of cool peeps. But I am open on hear opinions on which place is best and why? I am in Palermo Soho. So something closer might be good.

RubDub
09-20-10, 18:25
Well I ended up going to El Alamo. Downstairs. Had a small pizza, beer and met a couple of cool peeps. But I am open on hear opinions on which place is best and why? I am in Palermo Soho. So something closer might be good.El Alamo.

Ambiance is excellent for Sunday games as it gets pretty rowdy. Trash talking galore as it's all in good-natured fun. It's good if you like to smoke. Beer on tap for the price is cheap. I watched my Texans in there yesterday and was probably the loudest bastard in there. Too bad, so sad for Redskin fan and Cowboy fan and Titan fan, etc. As a typical sports bar should be. I would say service is very, very average and the food is hit and miss. I don't like the wings (too Plain Jane for me AND no Ranch dressing, but I'm a big fan of the burger (nice and juicy and messy) and the grilled chicken tacos (especially when they make them spicy for me.

Only real problem (other than the smoke) is that sometimes there is a bit of unpreparedness for games, cause they tend to be indecisive of what games to show and on what tube to show it on. In my opinion, sports bars need to be decisive on their viewing plan and they need to own that plan BEFORE people start showing up. They advertise full blown on their website for crying out loud. Week One was a complete cluster fuck for El Alamo for the noon games, which lead me in Week One to.

Casa Bar.

Ambiance is more subdued. They have 5 TVs, therefore 5 games going on simultaneously. Sure, it can get somewhat loud depending on crowd, but not as much as Alamo. The service is excellent, and no smoking is allowed except for a small patio out the back, which I am a BIG FAN of. The food is also hit and miss. The buffalo wings are probably the best your going to find in town (although, for me, very average, but that's not a knock to Casa Bar. Compared to the El Alamo, their is no comparison to wing taste. I thought the pizza was great. Their Picada is decent, but limited. Their nachos where horrible. Casa Bar is a FULL BAR. Every spirit you can think of, there is a great chance its here. I was surprised to find they had Macallen scotch, and this made me VERY happy one night.

One more thing, the servers and bartenders at Casa Bar are friendly and easy on the eyes.

Sugar Bar.

Have never been, so I can't report, but its on Costa Rica 4600 block. They advertise the best burger in town, which I definitely need to check out.

Miamipro
09-20-10, 19:23
El Alamo.

Ambiance is excellent for Sunday games as it gets pretty rowdy. Trash talking galore as it's all in good-natured fun. It's good if you like to smoke. Beer on tap for the price is cheap. I watched my Texans in there yesterday and was probably the loudest bastard in there. Too bad, so sad for Redskin fan and Cowboy fan and Titan fan, etc. As a typical sports bar should be. I would say service is very, very average and the food is hit and miss. I don't like the wings (too Plain Jane for me AND no Ranch dressing, but I'm a big fan of the burger (nice and juicy and messy) and the grilled chicken tacos (especially when they make them spicy for me.

Only real problem (other than the smoke) is that sometimes there is a bit of unpreparedness for games, cause they tend to be indecisive of what games to show and on what tube to show it on. In my opinion, sports bars need to be decisive on their viewing plan and they need to own that plan BEFORE people start showing up. They advertise full blown on their website for crying out loud. Week One was a complete cluster fuck for El Alamo for the noon games, which lead me in Week One to.

Casa Bar.

Ambiance is more subdued. They have 5 TVs, therefore 5 games going on simultaneously. Sure, it can get somewhat loud depending on crowd, but not as much as Alamo. The service is excellent, and no smoking is allowed except for a small patio out the back, which I am a BIG FAN of. The food is also hit and miss. The buffalo wings are probably the best your going to find in town (although, for me, very average, but that's not a knock to Casa Bar. Compared to the El Alamo, their is no comparison to wing taste. I thought the pizza was great. Their Picada is decent, but limited. Their nachos where horrible. Casa Bar is a FULL BAR. Every spirit you can think of, there is a great chance its here. I was surprised to find they had Macallen scotch, and this made me VERY happy one night.

One more thing, the servers and bartenders at Casa Bar are friendly and easy on the eyes.

Sugar Bar.

Have never been, so I can't report, but its on Costa Rica 4600 block. They advertise the best burger in town, which I definitely need to check out. Very helpful for next week. Cheers